The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon General
A Pokemon's consistency?

Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

Old April 15th, 2011 (11:20 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
    I was just wondering about your thoughts on the consistency of some Pokemon. What I mean by pokemon consistency by the way, is the degree of density, firmness, or viscosity of a pokemon.

For instance, I always thought Ditto was an amorphous heap of gunk, but episodes from the anime suggest that it can be carried around like a plushie. Does it work the same for Grimer? Or can Grimer essentially fall to bits if you try to pick it up? [Not that anyone would want to pick up a Grimer...] Ghosts, too; if you try to touch a Haunter, would you pass right through it? If so, how does it use Shadow Punch? Would you feel Rotom like a lightbulb, or would it just tingle a bit when you waved your hand through it?

So, how do you feel about how a pokemon would feel if you touched one? [which is what I'm trying to ask!]

Hawthorne Guardian
    Moderator of Video Games
    Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
    Sylvie

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 15th, 2011 (2:02 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
      i always thought haunter and gengar could control how solid they were.
      i always though ditto was like putty

and i dont know whether slugma would be really hot like magma, or just cool enough to touch
      Old April 15th, 2011 (3:06 PM).
      Nyeh?
      • Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
      Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
      I've always thought that Shuppet and Banette felt like plush dolls. Touching a Bug Pokemon would feel like touching real bugs.

Old April 15th, 2011 (4:49 PM).
      The Fighting Porygon Team

Nature: Quirky
        As most of Grimer's sprites seem to depict a tongue of sorts, one can assume that under all of that sludge that makes up the majority of its body, there's a thin, extremely flexible membrane that keeps its organs in place, and is also what would allow Grimer to have distinct arms.

Slugma would also seem to have similar tissues that divide its organs from the magma that oozes from all over its body, giving it a loose shape. Touching a Slugma of course would not be recommended, and likely lead to serve burning, or at least that's what its appearance would lead you to believe. Apparently, it has the ability to cool itself rapidly enough to allow people and Pokémon to touch it without being burned, while still staying at a temperature high enough to keep the rest of its body in a magma state. For whatever reason, Slugma uses this ability in Pokémon battles to keep itself from seriously injuring opponents, even when they have a major advantage over it otherwise, being the only explanation for why striking a non-Flame Body Slugma with a physical attack won't cause the attacker to inflict burns on themselves.

I myself am somewhat curious to how Porygon would feel by a textural standpoint. HeartGold/Soul Silver and the Mystery Dungeon series show that it apparently has some way of exerting sweat, implying that its surface isn't completely flat and has pores unidentifiable to the naked eye, yet Pokémon Ranger and Crystal version seem to indicate that most of its body is hollow, and that its outer layer is thin and rigid, so there would be no way to store any "sweat" inside of it. Porygon can also change it's body texture to other types, which adds even more questions regarding to how a "bug" or "psychic" surface would feel like.
        "Geodudes are really tough."- Random kid from Pokémon Commercial
        "Dragonite for the win!"- Lance
        "Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!"- Random kid from other Pokémon Commercial
        Old April 17th, 2011 (2:54 PM).
        • Silver Tier

I always imagined Ditto would turn into a puddle if I tried to pick it up...

And I guess I would think all ghost types wouldn't be able to be picked up, I would think that if I tried my hands would go through them or something.
        Old April 17th, 2011 (2:56 PM).
        • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
        While we're on the topic of carrying around regular, usually every-day Pokemon, how would it feel to carry something like a legendary around? I would think it would feel sort of awkward(and by carrying legendaries, I mean ones that are small enough to be carried, like Mew and Victini, and Celebi, etc). Also imagine touching something like a Zapdos, Moltres, or Articuno. D: Yeah, it's the legendaries that I'm fearing of going into close contact with, if anything else. xD;

we're living limitless

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links