• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you using your Dream World Pokemon?

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
Years
Are you using your Dream World Pokemon? I had restarted my game before I began collecting Dream World Pokemon, I am at the 3rd gym now, and I can't decide if I should use them.

It feels weird, because the region is only 5th gen, I feel like i'm cheating, lol.

So my question is, are you using your Dream World Pokemon to help you beat the game?

Side Question: Can Dream World Pokemon be used in PVP's? Like Pokemon Global Link for example?

Note: Feel free to add me to your Pal Pad if you want! :D, or add me on msn.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I didn't get to the DW before I beat the game, but I wouldn't have wanted to use them anyway. They don't give you the really good Pokemon until you get a ton of points, and I'm not even close to that, so. I have a long way to go until I get Pokemon I want to use. Right now I just want to collect every one so I can get a fuller Pokedex.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
Years
because in the anime the region is completely seperated from the other regions and that you dont get any pokemon form other regions there i find it very hard to play through the game with other region pokemon (ive even swapped my pikachu out now for a zoroark)

so bearing this is mind i dont use my dream world pokemon ever on black (my main game) but on white i sometimes use my dream world pokemon and my pokemon from the other generations.

and in response to your side question im pretty sure you can eventhough ive never tried it. but it would be silly for them not to be useable because of how beneficial the abilities are.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Yup, I am. I have a Luxray that evolved from a DW Shinx. I'm going to put it into the Battle Box to test it out... in a sense. Since I have already beaten the game, the only thing that DW Pokémon are good for is for Pokédex completion and online battling.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nope. :x For one, I like using Unova Pokemon through the main playthrough and I'm too lazy to properly play with Black so that I can get DW Pokemon to it. :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I've already beaten the game, so no. Otherwise, I've only been to the Dream World once and have only obtained a Cloud Nine Lickitung that I don't plan on training atm. n_n

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Stantler's sap sipper is pretty good.... So I dunno. I'll probably do something with it. Eventually.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
i keep all my DW pokes in my PC boxes... not really interested in them unless they're electric types..

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I got a lvl. 49 Drifblim and lvl. 20 Omanyte on GTS Negotiations. Also a Ponyta on DW.
I don't use them because I already have a team.

Years
I've beaten the game before Dream World was even accessible. I still plan on training/breeding my DW Pokemon, though.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2011
I don't use any of my 3 Dw Pokemon I have received in trades. I haven't even used DW myself - no interest!

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 4, 2011
I started with Oshawatt, my friend gave me a Pichu egg, and in the Dream World I caught a Nidoran male who has now evolved into a Nidorino, A Bellsprout and a Tailow. This is my Pokemon Black team and it's great, I am however going to catch an Unova Pokemon to fill the last space.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Not at all. The Shinx I got destroyed my enthusiasm for checking daily for new pokemon.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Since I'm already this much into the postgame of Pokemon, it's quite unfortunate that I have no real opportunity to use any of my Dream World Pokemon. Such a shame!

I do see the potential in them, but I'm just attached to my team right now. I'll train them sometime and see how awesome it'll be, and if I'm that impressed, perhaps it'll make a spot in my team. xD

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
Since I'm already in the postgame stage, I see no reason to "use" any of the Pokemon I befriended.

An Umbreon or an Espeon would be nice, though. All I need is an Eevee. *prays to the Wish Tree*

Back