• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Username changes?

Would you be interested in paying for a username change?

• Yes

Votes: 59 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 40 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Hahaha! You probably thought this was yet another thread asking for a username change and came here to report it. Well, jokes on you 'cause it's not!!! I tricked you, didn't I?! I bet you feel foolish. However, in all seriousness, I've got an important question of you all.

The higher staff has been discussing the likelihood of bringing back name changes to the community. Username changes would be made once a month, at a time in which users aren't normally on, thus the server isn't as strained. During this time, the forums will become inaccessible to members and moderators for the administrators to change the usernames and get things done, without having to worry about extra strain being put on the server by members posting, editing, deleting, and modifying content.

What we have in mind is to offer usernames for a price. The cost for the username changes will be put forward towards payment for a better sever to improve the functionality of the community. But first, before we pass it on for the admins to come to a consensus to, it's important to know what you think!

Would you be interested in paying for a username change?

Please note: By posting your opinion and voting in this poll, this is not guaranteed to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Person Man

Just stopped ROM hacking
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    I think it is a good Idea, I probably wouldn't use it. But at least it gives people the option.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really do think this is a good idea. I think there's enough people that really would pay to make this work. I wouldn't be doing so, though, because I like my userame aaand I'm not allowed to put money on paypal etc.

Only thing is whether this'll work like normal supportership and allow people to buy name changes for you... if so, that could potentially work too tbh, since either way the cost still goes towards PC. Hope this idea goes ahead though. :D

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • If I ever get bored of this username then I would pay for it but it also depends on how much I would have to pay for changing my name.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I probably wouldn't pay any more, but if I could redirect the extra $25 that I used to be Tier 5 for a name change I would do that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've gotten used to the no name change system and honestly like it. But that's coming from someone who's happy with his final username choice. I suppose it'd be nice (I can think of a few people that wish they didn't end up with the name they have), but at the same time, I'm happy I don't have to see people introduce themselves like "Hi I'm Sydian, but I used to be SilverSmeargleSplatter" and it gets confusing sometimes when people change names. I'm on the fence about it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I support the idea, but I'd never use it myself (not because of the issue of cost, but rather I'm sticking with this name until the end of time!) I suppose it just comes down to how much a new server costs, and whether the revenue and pricing structure means that PC'll obtain the necessary amount to upgrade its server.

But... yeah. Good idea, but one I'd never use.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • On another gaming community I go to, being a part of their supporter system (Yeah, pretty much donating) gives you access to change your username once and only once. While this entitled everyone the ability to change their names, the administrator made sure to enforce the rules that any name change could not be extremely drastic or trololo if you were a well-known user, and other rules that would combat any silly loopholes.

When the username change system first came out, things were a bit chaotic because everyone was silly about it, but it soon went all under control and those who were silly got their names reverted back (begrudgingly?). I was initially against it when he implemented this, but now, as time passed on, I see it as no big deal and I'm all right for it.

So yeah, I'll pretty much support this.

...Hooray pointless anecdote. :v

Years
  • I don't know if I'd want a username change, but if you guys think it would help pull in enough money for a new server then I don't see any drawbacks. It sounds like a fair deal as long as the cost isn't too expensive.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'm in support of this, despite being perfectly happy with my username - after all, I may eventually want to change it.

However, one query: will you be able to pay via SMS? Because some of us (aka. me) only donate that way. Also, I hope it won't be too expensive...around £1.50 ($2.50 in your American Dollars) is my suggestion, although I'm sure you guys could get away with squeezing us for more.

p.s. Yeah, I did think this was somebody else asking about username changes. However, I did not come to report, I came to laugh at the inevitable ridiculing posts.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Oh wow, Seems like a win-win
    I'm happy with no name changes though.
    Though I do like the idea, allot.
    I would probally pay just to make it "Countryemo" (When I made this, I thought capital's were dumb)
    Though on forum I was on, they allowed namechanges one time, I didnt know anyone anymore ;-;

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • This is a great idea, especially for those who registered with "noobish" names and really really dislike it now that they've matured a bit. *coughmethoughiwouldn'tchangecough* Perhaps something like $2-5 a change?

For those of you saying no because you yourself wouldn't pay: that doesn't mean others wouldn't as well. For people who would, it's a nice option to have, and you don't have to take it if you don't want it. Just saying.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I gotta say.. I would pay for one, just because I'd like the idead of donating towards our eventual goal. Granted, I'd switch back to Drew at times, but that's not the point. XD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm in support because a) it's not like the people who don't want to change their name will be forced to and b) because it'll end up supporting PC for something a lot of people want. The price is going to have to be debated but imho it's a really good idea, like Forever said. I'd probably end up changing once or twice. :x

edit: taking what Patchisou said into account, yeah, I would actually end up changing my name probably a couple times. Just saying. :3

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Although I, personally wouldn't use this as I'm very content with my current username, I support this idea. As Drew said, if it works towards our goal of getting a new server, then I would be all in for it. :)

Just one question though for if this actually does get through. Is there going to be some sort of account age limit for this? I mean sure it might sound discriminatory to those newer people, but for those who say, created an account a couple of days ago and want a name change, something like that wouldn't be allowed?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back