• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Janitor's Closet [OU]

My Team?

• Great the way it is!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad, I see alot of needed changes...

• Really bad, everything needs changing

• Total voters
Years
  • BlackPokeball.gif
    The Janitor's Closet
    BlackPokeball.gif

Introduction
    Hello everyone, welcome to my RMT/Help me thread! I have been using this team for quite a while now. Once I got back from the unexpected divorce of my Mom and Step-Dad I wanted to get back into competitive battling. Using my previous knowledge and my current knowledge I gave birth to this team. It has gotten me pretty high on the Suspect Ladder (Highest Peak was 15; Current is about 35-50).

The team is complete, yet I still feel there's a big whole in the team... constructive criticism is welcome.

This team consists of Pokemon that sweep, and do it well. Also a couple Pokemon the naked eye doesn't react to. I wanted a team that work well and bounce of each others opponents/threats. The team may seem a bit unbalanced, but they work together one way or another. The name "The Janitor's Closet" comes from the amount of sweepers I have, hence the 'janitor' part of it (janitor =/= sweep[er]). Here is a glance and the team...
    386-speed.gif
    635.gif
    212.gif
    639.gif
    479%20MF.gif
    130.gif

Changes in Red | STAB in the type's color

The Team

Ultraball.gif
    Deoxys-S (a.k.a Cosmic Speed)

90px-386Deoxys_Speed_Forme_Dream.png

PsychicIC_Big.png

Item: Expert Belt
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Spikes/Stealth Rocks

Deoxys-S can be an effective anti-lead, since it has a fantastic mixed movepool, even though this is psychically based, which helps it deal with Pokemon used commonly as leads. Ice Punch helps Deoxys-S eliminate Mischievous Heart users such as Borutorosu and Erufuun. Superpower deals with Tyranitar, which isn't too common as leads on Sandstorm teams, but once it does defeat the lead they usually switch in to. Fire Punch deals with Pokemon such as Nattorei and Forretress, which are commonly used to lay entry hazards. Spikes works out well in the last moveslot, since Doexys-S is bound to get many opportunities to lay down one of the hazards. I decided that Stealth Rock isn't good enough and only uses one turn. With Spikes I can use it 3 turns before I have to attack.

Greatball.gif
    Hydreigon (a.k.a Hydropimp?)

112px-635Hydreigon_Dream.png

DarkIC_Big.png
    DragonIC_Big.png

Item: Focus Sash
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    ~ Surf
    ~ Dark Pulse
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Dragon Pulse

Hydreigon is an excellent Choice Specs/Scarf user but since I kept seeing people with U-Turn right away so Focus Sash has helped me ALOT. Without a Choice Item I can have this Pokemon stay in a sweep rather than having to force switch. This set aims to hit as hard as possible with Hydreigon's huge base 125 Special Attack without Specs, or loss of the Sp. Atk stat. Dragon Pulse allows Hydreigon hit hard while also maintaining reliability. Flamethrower decimates Steel-type walls like Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Surf has a high chance of OHKOing most Heatran, who will otherwise wall this set and possibly gain a Flash Fire boost by switching into a predicted Flamethrower.

Hydreigon has a HUGE coverage range:
    Surf covers Rock,Ground, & Fire...
    Dark Pulse covers Ghost, & Psychic...
    Flamethrower covers Bug, Grass, Ice, & Steel...
    Dragon Pulse covers other Dragons...
    Overall 10 types out of 17 types

Pokeball.gif
    Scizor (a.k.a Cherry Sword ♀)

120px-212Scizor_Dream.png

BugIC_Big.png
    SteelIC_Big.png

Item: Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SDef
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Bug Bite
    ~ Roost

Simple. Swords Dance First, gain Scizor amazing attack. Bullet Punch for STAB and now with 60 Power (because of Trait) can go though alot. Now, with Bug Bite it gains alot of Power, is also STAB. With 90 Power + STAB it can OHKO many bulky psychics. Roost is an option but I put it there so I can heal from any damage I took from the Swords Dance turn. Being bulkier than most Scizor is good, since most people are expecting alot more attacking.

Greatball.gif
    Terrakion (a.k.a THE BO$$)

120px-639Terrakion_Dream.png

RockIC_Big.png
    FightingIC_Big.png

Items: Air Balloon
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    ~ Sacred Sword
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ X-Scissor
    ~ Quick Attack

Terrakion has several qualities that make it a natural sweeper: first, it has great type coverage with just hits Fighting/Rock STAB moves; second, 129 base Attack allows it to hit incredibly hard. Second, a resistance to both Stealth Rock and Pursuit make switching in and out of battle much easier for Terrakion than many other pokémon. X-Scissor is useful for taking out Reuniclus switch-ins and other bulky Psychic-types. Quick Attack is our only form of Priority so take it while we got it...

Pokeball.gif
    Rotom-C (a.k.a Lawn Shocker)
    120px-479Rotom_Mow_Rotom_Dream.png

ElectricIC_Big.png
    GrassIC_Big.png

Item: Choice Scarf
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
    Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
    ~ Leaf Storm
    ~ Volt Switch
    ~ Hidden Power [Fire]
    ~ Trick

Classic, Original, Rotom-C set... Having a powerful Leaf Storm is what Rotom-C sets apart from its other variations, which gives a unique niche to nail Water/Ground dual types, while resisting both their STAB moves. There are some threats around with that typing. Besides Swampert, which is very prominent since 4th gen, Unaware Quagsire became a very potent wall, with access to Curse, Stockpile, Amnesia and high defensive stats topped by a reliable recovery move. To show Rotoms absurd power, even Bold 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire sitting at +4 SpD is easily OHKOed from full health. Besides, it's Rotom-Cs strongest move now, everything netural to it has to take quite some damage. Even an Excadrill takes 77% minimum, which just shows again how strong this move is. Volt Switch is to deal damage and bring something else in to immediately threat the opponent again. Ground-types won't switch all too often into Rotom-C, because of Leaf Storm. Since Ferrothorn is that prominent in the current metagame, Hidden Power Fire is also viable; else it stops Rotom-C cold. Trick is needed on the last slot. Thanks to the new mechanics, I don't have to fear getting another Choice item as I can freely switch another attack.

Pokeball.gif
    Gyarados (a.k.a On A BOAT!)

120px-130Gyarados_Dream.png

WaterIC_Big.png
    FlyingIC_Big.png

Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 96 HP / 56 Atk / 104 Def / 252 Spd
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Bounce
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Waterfall

This set trades immediate power and Speed for additional bulk, allowing Gyarados to set up on the likes of Scizor, Lucario, and Conkeldurr and procure several Dragon Dances before attempting a sweep. Waterfall provides Gyarados with a reliable STAB-move, and Stone Edge gives decent neutral coverage and the ability to hit Flying-types like Dragonite and Zapdos hard. Gyarados runs Bounce to get a super-effective hit on bulky Grass-types and a neutral hit on Ferrothorn while gaining additional Leftovers recovery.

Final Glance at the Team
    386-speed.gif
    635.gif
    212.gif
    639.gif
    479%20MF.gif
    130.gif

Importable
    Spoiler:
    The team is complete, yet I still feel there's a big whole in the team... constructive criticism is welcome.

So there's, the team. I hope you rate, comment, and enjoy the sets and the team as one. Terrakion is a great member but I might change him, with what i don't know... [Fire Type?]

Old Team Members
    Spoiler:

Importable:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Hydreigon should actually probably run another item. You did say that you Fake Out and U-turn. Fake Out would just break the Sash making it useless.

EDIT: *You did say that you see Fake Out and U-turn.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Uhmm personally I'd go with Stealth Rock because not all Pokemon are affected by Spikes. And Spikes isn't really necessary for an offensive team. And Hydreigon should run a different item as using a sash on a nonlead Pokemon is basically redundant.

And what's with Deoxys' EVs? All of its moves are physical yet you invested more EVs in special attack. :/

Last edited:
    Years
  • Uhmm personally I'd go with Stealth Rock because not all Pokemon are affected by Spikes. And Spikes isn't really necessary for an offensive team. And Hydreigon should run a different item as using a sash on a nonlead Pokemon is basically redundant.

And what's with Deoxys' EVs? All of its moves are physical yet you invested more EVs in special attack. :/

I mistyped there, Deoxys has 252 Evs in Atk not SAtk....

I'm keeping Spikes so I can still use turns after i use once. Also, Hydreigon holds the Focus Sash because if it comes into a Pokemon that knows, idk Ice Beam, I can survive and kill it with Flamethrower and still stay in to sweep.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • BlackPokeball.gif
    The Janitor's Closet
    BlackPokeball.gif

Introduction
    Hello everyone, welcome to my RMT/Help me thread! I have been using this team for quite a while now. Once I got back from the unexpected divorce of my Mom and Step-Dad I wanted to get back into competitive battling. Using my previous knowledge and my current knowledge I gave birth to this team. It has gotten me pretty high on the Suspect Ladder (Highest Peak was 15; Current is about 35-50).

This team consists of Pokemon that sweep, and do it well. Also a couple Pokemon the naked eye doesn't react to. I wanted a team that work well and bounce of each others opponents/threats. The team may seem a bit unbalanced, but they work together one way or another. The name "The Janitor's Closet" comes from the amount of sweepers I have, hence the 'janitor' part of it (janitor =/= sweep[er]). Here is a glance and the team...
    386-speed.gif
    635.gif
    212.gif
    639.gif
    479%20MF.gif
    130.gif

Changes in Red | STAB in the type's color

The Team

Ultraball.gif
    Deoxys-S (a.k.a Cosmic Speed)

90px-386Deoxys_Speed_Forme_Dream.png

PsychicIC_Big.png

Item: Focus Sash
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Stealth Rock

Deoxys-S can be an effective anti-lead, since it has a fantastic mixed movepool, even though this is psychically based, which helps it deal with Pokemon used commonly as leads. Ice Punch helps Deoxys-S eliminate Mischievous Heart users such as Borutorosu and Erufuun. Superpower deals with Tyranitar, which isn't too common as leads on Sandstorm teams, but once it does defeat the lead they usually switch in to. Fire Punch deals with Pokemon such as Nattorei and Forretress, which are commonly used to lay entry hazards. Spikes works out well in the last moveslot, since Doexys-S is bound to get many opportunities to lay down one of the hazards. I decided that Stealth Rock isn't good enough and only uses one turn. With Spikes I can use it 3 turns before I have to attack.

Stealth Rock > Spikes, after setting up SR, just attack, Flyer's and Levitate Pokemon avoid Spike damage, however, Flyer's take 25% damage to SR, so it's just better. It needs Focus Sash as a lead, so it can get at least SR up before being taken down.

Greatball.gif
    Hydreigon (a.k.a Hydropimp?)

112px-635Hydreigon_Dream.png

DarkIC_Big.png
    DragonIC_Big.png

Item: Choice Scarf/Specs, Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    ~ Surf
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ U-Turn/Taunt

Hydreigon is an excellent Choice Specs/Scarf user but since I kept seeing people with U-Turn right away so Focus Sash has helped me ALOT. Without a Choice Item I can have this Pokemon stay in a sweep rather than having to force switch. This set aims to hit as hard as possible with Hydreigon's huge base 125 Special Attack without Specs, or loss of the Sp. Atk stat. Dragon Pulse allows Hydreigon hit hard while also maintaining reliability. Flamethrower decimates Steel-type walls like Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Surf has a high chance of OHKOing most Heatran, who will otherwise wall this set and possibly gain a Flash Fire boost by switching into a predicted Flamethrower.

Focus sash is a no. Why did it not have Draco Meteor, who care's about switching. Fire Blast > Flamethrower. The last slot is a toss up between Taunt and U-Turn, if you're running a choice item, use U-Turn, if you're running the Life Orb, use Taunt

Pokeball.gif
    Scizor (a.k.a Cherry Sword ♀)

120px-212Scizor_Dream.png

BugIC_Big.png
    SteelIC_Big.png

Trait: Technician
    EVs: 232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SDef
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Bug Bite
    ~ Roost

Simple. Swords Dance First, gain Scizor amazing attack. Bullet Punch for STAB and now with 60 Power (because of Trait) can go though alot. Now, with Bug Bite it gains alot of Power, is also STAB. With 90 Power + STAB it can OHKO many bulky psychics. Roost is an option but I put it there so I can heal from any damage I took from the Swords Dance turn. Being bulkier than most Scizor is good, since most people are expecting alot more attacking.

Meh, standard Scizor.

Greatball.gif
    Terrakion (a.k.a THE BO$$)

120px-639Terrakion_Dream.png

RockIC_Big.png
    FightingIC_Big.png

Items: Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    ~ Sacred Sword/Close Combat
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ X-Scissor
    ~ Quick Attack

Terrakion has several qualities that make it a natural sweeper: first, it has great type coverage with just hits Fighting/Rock STAB moves; second, 129 base Attack allows it to hit incredibly hard. Second, a resistance to both Stealth Rock and Pursuit make switching in and out of battle much easier for Terrakion than many other pokémon. X-Scissor is useful for taking out Reuniclus switch-ins and other bulky Psychic-types. Quick Attack is our only form of Priority so take it while we got it...

Close Combat is better than Sacred Sword IMO. Being a 120 Bp STAB attack can dent anything really, Sacred sword is good for Bulk Up'd Pokemon though, run Close Combat with Choice band, or Sacred sword with Air Balloon.

Pokeball.gif
    Rotom-C (a.k.a Lawn Shocker)
    120px-479Rotom_Mow_Rotom_Dream.png

ElectricIC_Big.png
    GrassIC_Big.png

Item: Choice Scarf
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
    Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
    ~ Leaf Storm
    ~ Volt Switch
    ~ Hidden Power [Fire]
    ~ Trick

Classic, Original, Rotom-C set... Having a powerful Leaf Storm is what Rotom-C sets apart from its other variations, which gives a unique niche to nail Water/Ground dual types, while resisting both their STAB moves. There are some threats around with that typing. Besides Swampert, which is very prominent since 4th gen, Unaware Quagsire became a very potent wall, with access to Curse, Stockpile, Amnesia and high defensive stats topped by a reliable recovery move. To show Rotoms absurd power, even Bold 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire sitting at +4 SpD is easily OHKOed from full health. Besides, it's Rotom-Cs strongest move now, everything netural to it has to take quite some damage. Even an Excadrill takes 77% minimum, which just shows again how strong this move is. Volt Switch is to deal damage and bring something else in to immediately threat the opponent again. Ground-types won't switch all too often into Rotom-C, because of Leaf Storm. Since Ferrothorn is that prominent in the current metagame, Hidden Power Fire is also viable; else it stops Rotom-C cold. Trick is needed on the last slot. Thanks to the new mechanics, I don't have to fear getting another Choice item as I can freely switch another attack.

Rotom C isn't used much compared to the better version; Rotom-W, you may want to consider using it, in place of this.

Pokeball.gif
    Gyarados (a.k.a On A BOAT!)

120px-130Gyarados_Dream.png

WaterIC_Big.png
    FlyingIC_Big.png

Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 96 HP / 56 Atk / 104 Def / 252 Spd
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Bounce
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Waterfall

This set trades immediate power and Speed for additional bulk, allowing Gyarados to set up on the likes of Scizor, Lucario, and Conkeldurr and procure several Dragon Dances before attempting a sweep. Waterfall provides Gyarados with a reliable STAB-move, and Stone Edge gives decent neutral coverage and the ability to hit Flying-types like Dragonite and Zapdos hard. Gyarados runs Bounce to get a super-effective hit on bulky Grass-types and a neutral hit on Ferrothorn while gaining additional Leftovers recovery.

Run Taunt over Stone Edge, Taunt the taunters who try to taunt your Dragon Dance! >:) Seriously though, run Taunt. Once you've done about +2 Dragon Dances, Waterfall and Bounce pretty much take care of everything else.

Comments and suggestions are in bold, pretty Ok team. Hope it brings you win's.​

Back