Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

TrollandToad.com
 
 
Thread Tools
  #351    
Old July 27th, 2011 (8:19 PM). Edited July 30th, 2011 by FreakyLocz14.
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,491
We have several LGBT issues classes at our school. Awhile ago, I wrote the bill would introduce LGBT issues in GE social science courses with the right of students to opt themselves out of said instruction if they wish.

There are extensive background checks, licensing, and registration requirements to keep and bear arms on Univetsity property. It's well regulated and will allow our most targeted students the ability to defend themselves from attack.

Have a gander here.

Relevant Advertising!

  #352    
Old July 29th, 2011 (12:04 AM).
-ty-'s Avatar
-ty- -ty- is offline
Don't Ask, Just Tell
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: USA
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naughty
    Posts: 795
    Hey everyone! I have a fun-ish question.

    What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?


    For me, it is between two.

    1) My mom was like, "What if you met a girl who was really special, and one that you like alot? Isn't it more just about the person rather than the gender?"

    My response, "Mom, would you ever date a woman if you thought she was a good person and 'liked' her alot." Then she responded, "Umm, I got your point."

    2) I and my boyfriend were holding hands on campus and this girl we just met was like, "wow, it is so weird that you guys actually get along so well."

    My response, "huh?" Then she clarified, " Well usually brothers won't hold hands like they actually show some sort of affection for the other because they don't want people to think you are, you know, gay."
      #353    
    Old July 29th, 2011 (12:57 AM).
    Blue Nocturne's Avatar
    Blue Nocturne Blue Nocturne is offline
    Not THAT one.
       
      Join Date: Jun 2008
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 636
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
      Hey everyone! I have a fun-ish question.

      What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?
      I suppose it would have to be with one of the guys at my school, when he found out I was bi. It started out for some rather rude and personal questions that, for the purposes of decency, I shan't repeat here, before evolving into me trying to correct what he thought being Bisexual actually is. Apparently we have to alternate between guy and girl, otherwise we're just straight or gay! I just laughed.

      Incidentally, JOINING!
      __________________


      "Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away.
      It can't protect. It only destroys."
        #354    
      Old July 29th, 2011 (1:19 AM).
      Shining Raichu's Avatar
      Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
      Expect me like you expect Jesus.
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2011
      Location: Australia
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 9,075
      Welcome, Blue Nocturne!

      The most hilarious thing I've ever been asked, and it was only out of the fact that it was 100% cliche, is "Have you ever tried not being gay?"

      My response was "Yes, the antibiotics didn't work."
      __________________

      "So this is why God bombed us."

      Moderator of General Chat

        #355    
      Old July 29th, 2011 (1:59 AM). Edited July 29th, 2011 by -ty-.
      -ty-'s Avatar
      -ty- -ty- is offline
      Don't Ask, Just Tell
         
        Join Date: Oct 2009
        Location: USA
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 795
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Blue Nocturne View Post


        I suppose it would have to be with one of the guys at my school, when he found out I was bi. It started out for some rather rude and personal questions that, for the purposes of decency, I shan't repeat here, before evolving into me trying to correct what he thought being Bisexual actually is. Apparently we have to alternate between guy and girl, otherwise we're just straight or gay! I just laughed.

        Incidentally, JOINING!
        OMG, I dated this "bi" guy who thought that he was allowed to date both me and another girl! Guys like that tarnish the good name of bi people as yourself. But yes, many people, including gays, have this perception that "bi" means that a person is trying to hide that they are completely gay. That really just makes gay people just as bad as straight people for saying that it is a choice or an act to be gay. Let's just say that he probably watched that Tila Tequila show!

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
        Welcome, Blue Nocturne!

        The most hilarious thing I've ever been asked, and it was only out of the fact that it was 100% cliche, is "Have you ever tried not being gay?"

        My response was "Yes, the antibiotics didn't work."
        OMG. the antibiotics didn't work!?

        lol. Kinda like, "how do you know that you are gay if you haven't tried ..... with a girl?" It's like, " how do you know that you are straight if you haven't tried ... with a guy?"
          #356    
        Old July 29th, 2011 (2:50 AM).
        Ctrl.Alt.Geak's Avatar
        Ctrl.Alt.Geak Ctrl.Alt.Geak is offline
        Swords Master
           
          Join Date: Apr 2010
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 176
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
          Hey everyone! What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?
          It wasnt a question she asked but my oldest sister definately seems ignorant. She saw a photo of my other sister of her and her friend hugging in a completely non-romantic way, so she asks them if they had "gone lesbo" I really dont know where to begin outlining the things wrong with that. When I asked her what she thinks the definition of a lesbian actually was she tells me "Its a girl who has had a lot of bad relationships with guys so she decides to go out with girls instead". This woman is almost 30, and we were not taught to believe such things in my family, I have no idea where she got this from.
          And then there is the other sister; I mentioned to her that a close friend of mine was gay, she told me she didnt believe me because he didnt dress in the latest fashion trends. *Facepalm*

          I'm embarrassed to be related to these people at times.
          __________________

            #357    
          Old July 29th, 2011 (4:41 AM).
          au bon's Avatar
          au bon au bon is online now
          • Developer
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Oct 2004
          Location: New Jersey
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 17,313
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
          What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?
          "Are you gay?"

          This used to get me really paranoid. After I became friends with people who were gay, I started to think that it wasn't that big of a deal when someone asked me that, especially since after high school I was never going to see them again, so I started embracing the question for what it was worth and having fun with the people who were asking me it. And they were always the same people who asked me. Thinking that I would never change my answer caught them by surprise. I remember one in particular asked me during biology my sophomore year. He turned around before class started and asked if I was gay. I told him he wasn't my type.

          But what really pisses me off are these people who get the impression that if you're not together with someone of the opposite sex, you're gay. I don't mind people thinking I'm gay, because of the fact that the majority of my friends are gay and I've gotten to the point where I just don't find it that big of a deal if someone thinks I am. But for someone to assume someone's gay because they aren't looking to sleep around -- like every other guy around here -- with as many girls as they can get with, that's extremely ignorant and highly pig-headed. I have a loss of respect for people who think like that and think that they're better than everyone else for the amount of sex they have with the amount of girls they end up with. Sexuality is not gay or straight, black or white. It's not even gay, straight, or bi. It's such a complicated thing, sexuality is. That being said, I do fit into something, which falls in the gray-A area. I'm not gay, straight, bi, or pansexual, though.

          I'm demisexual, which 'is a person who does not experience sexual attraction until they form a strong emotional connection with someone. In general, demisexuals are not sexually attracted to anyone of any gender; however, when a demisexual is emotionally connected to (usually in love with but sometimes feel strongly as friends) someone else, the demisexual experiences sexual attraction and desire, but only towards the specific partner or partners.' When describing demisexuality as an orientation to sexuals, sexuals often mistake it as an admirable choice rather than an innate orientation. Demisexuals are not choosing to abstain; they simply lack sexual attraction until a close relationship is formed.'

          I stumbled upon the term about a week ago, thinking to myself "Whoa! That sounds exactly like me."

          For a while, I didn't know what I was. I thought I might have been gay after a while because I didn't have any attraction to girls in a sexual way. Then I realized that I didn't have any attraction to guys either. After a while, I started thinking I was pansexual, because of my belief that anyone can end up falling in love with anyone else, regardless of their sex or orientation, and I was primarily blinded with sexuality and the comparrison to romantic attraction and physical attraction. After that, I realized that I didn't have any sexual attraction to anyone, except for one person. I've only ever experienced true sexual attraction once in my life, and that was with my ex, which was extremely limited. I had a hard time talking to her about sex, mainly because she was really sexual sometimes. She was fully straight, and couldn't understand why I wasn't like any other guy my age and didn't want sex. I couldn't either. My belief is that, sex is something that -- while a truly wonderful thing if it's in a loving relationship -- should primarily be used to procreate. I see a lot of people my age having sex just because it feels good, and while I recognize that, I don't have the desire to just go up to someone and have sex with them. That seems entirely too foul to me, and I would feel that if I did that (especially since I wouldn't really have any interest in it), I would not only disrespect myself, but I would disrespect whoever I decided to get together with.

          I have a slight interest in having children, and I can only think of that being the reason I would have sex with someone. I picture myself with a family, and think that that would be the only reason I would have sex. I mean, I have some sexual desires every now and then, but that's nothing that I can't do myself. I don't have any desire to fulfill them with another person. Especially now that I'm not in a relationship with anyone, or interested in getting into one at all at the moment. But, as I was saying, for the last few months I have been trying to discover what sexuality exactly I am. I came to the conclusion that I was demisexual because the only person I ever had sexual desires for -- after at least three years of knowing her -- was my former girlfriend, and they were very, very limited. I only thought about it about two or three times, and they came and went like drinking a glass of water. It didn't last very long, but in those few spans of times, I did have a lust feeling building up that I normally never felt. Comparing that to how I view other people, the only thing I can say is "Oh, she's very pretty!" I don't have any sexual desires mixed with physical attraction. I can view someone and point out if I find them attractive, but I don't feel anything sexual towards them.

          But all in all, the fact that the only person I've ever had sexual feelings for was my last girlfriend, I've determined that I was demisexual since I felt that I met the criteria. I was only ever in one truly romantic relationships, and now -- thinking back -- I realize that I didn't have sexual feelings until my emotions developed to her to what I believe was love, but I don't really have anything to compare that to since I've only been in one relationship. Unfortunately for me, those sexual feelings started two months before we broke up... so it was really shellshocking to me, and I feel that's going to prevent me for a while from getting into a relationship with anyone else.

          Nevertheless, despite not fully meeting into an asexual aspect, since I feel that I do have sexual desires as it stands, and not fitting the LGBTQIA mold, I certainly support the LGBTQIA community and support them having the rights that they should.
            #358    
          Old July 29th, 2011 (5:18 AM). Edited July 29th, 2011 by Shining Raichu.
          Shining Raichu's Avatar
          Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
          Expect me like you expect Jesus.
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2011
          Location: Australia
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 9,075
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
          "Are you gay?"

          This used to get me really paranoid. After I became friends with people who were gay, I started to think that it wasn't that big of a deal when someone asked me that, especially since after high school I was never going to see them again, so I started embracing the question for what it was worth and having fun with the people who were asking me it. And they were always the same people who asked me. Thinking that I would never change my answer caught them by surprise. I remember one in particular asked me during biology my sophomore year. He turned around before class started and asked if I was gay. I told him he wasn't my type.

          But what really pisses me off are these people who get the impression that if you're not together with someone of the opposite sex, you're gay. I don't mind people thinking I'm gay, because of the fact that the majority of my friends are gay and I've gotten to the point where I just don't find it that big of a deal if someone thinks I am. But for someone to assume someone's gay because they aren't looking to sleep around -- like every other guy around here -- with as many girls as they can get with, that's extremely ignorant and highly pig-headed. I have a loss of respect for people who think like that and think that they're better than everyone else for the amount of sex they have with the amount of girls they end up with. Sexuality is not gay or straight, black or white. It's not even gay, straight, or bi. It's such a complicated thing, sexuality is. That being said, I do fit into something, which falls in the gray-A area. I'm not gay, straight, bi, or pansexual, though.

          I'm demisexual, which 'is a person who does not experience sexual attraction until they form a strong emotional connection with someone. In general, demisexuals are not sexually attracted to anyone of any gender; however, when a demisexual is emotionally connected to (usually in love with but sometimes feel strongly as friends) someone else, the demisexual experiences sexual attraction and desire, but only towards the specific partner or partners.' When describing demisexuality as an orientation to sexuals, sexuals often mistake it as an admirable choice rather than an innate orientation. Demisexuals are not choosing to abstain; they simply lack sexual attraction until a close relationship is formed.'

          I stumbled upon the term about a week ago, thinking to myself "Whoa! That sounds exactly like me."

          For a while, I didn't know what I was. I thought I might have been gay after a while because I didn't have any attraction to girls in a sexual way. Then I realized that I didn't have any attraction to guys either. After a while, I started thinking I was pansexual, because of my belief that anyone can end up falling in love with anyone else, regardless of their sex or orientation, and I was primarily blinded with sexuality and the comparrison to romantic attraction and physical attraction. After that, I realized that I didn't have any sexual attraction to anyone, except for one person. I've only ever experienced true sexual attraction once in my life, and that was with my ex, which was extremely limited. I had a hard time talking to her about sex, mainly because she was really sexual sometimes. She was fully straight, and couldn't understand why I wasn't like any other guy my age and didn't want sex. I couldn't either. My belief is that, sex is something that -- while a truly wonderful thing if it's in a loving relationship -- should primarily be used to procreate. I see a lot of people my age having sex just because it feels good, and while I recognize that, I don't have the desire to just go up to someone and have sex with them. That seems entirely too foul to me, and I would feel that if I did that (especially since I wouldn't really have any interest in it), I would not only disrespect myself, but I would disrespect whoever I decided to get together with.

          I have a slight interest in having children, and I can only think of that being the reason I would have sex with someone. I picture myself with a family, and think that that would be the only reason I would have sex. I mean, I have some sexual desires every now and then, but that's nothing that I can't do myself. I don't have any desire to fulfill them with another person. Especially now that I'm not in a relationship with anyone, or interested in getting into one at all at the moment. But, as I was saying, for the last few months I have been trying to discover what sexuality exactly I am. I came to the conclusion that I was demisexual because the only person I ever had sexual desires for -- after at least three years of knowing her -- was my former girlfriend, and they were very, very limited. I only thought about it about two or three times, and they came and went like drinking a glass of water. It didn't last very long, but in those few spans of times, I did have a lust feeling building up that I normally never felt. Comparing that to how I view other people, the only thing I can say is "Oh, she's very pretty!" I don't have any sexual desires mixed with physical attraction. I can view someone and point out if I find them attractive, but I don't feel anything sexual towards them.

          But all in all, the fact that the only person I've ever had sexual feelings for was my last girlfriend, I've determined that I was demisexual since I felt that I met the criteria. I was only ever in one truly romantic relationships, and now -- thinking back -- I realize that I didn't have sexual feelings until my emotions developed to her to what I believe was love, but I don't really have anything to compare that to since I've only been in one relationship. Unfortunately for me, those sexual feelings started two months before we broke up... so it was really shellshocking to me, and I feel that's going to prevent me for a while from getting into a relationship with anyone else.

          Nevertheless, despite not fully meeting into an asexual aspect, since I feel that I do have sexual desires as it stands, and not fitting the LGBTQIA mold, I certainly support the LGBTQIA community and support them having the rights that they should.
          I clicked onto your profile about half an hour ago and saw you creating this post, so I got a little excited and was refreshing this page until it showed up lol.

          It's always a pleasure reading what you have to say, and I'm certainly glad you took the time to come talk with us I don't know if you'd have any interest in joining the group (you didn't actually say) but if you do we'd be more than happy to have you! Demisexuality is certainly an interesting addition to our special collection of uniqueness!

          The only thing I disagree with is that sex should be used mainly for procreation - but that comes more out of our differences of lifestyle than anything else. I certainly see how you would feel that way with your limited libido and desire for a family, but I'm quite a flirty person who uses sexuality (not sex, sexuality) just to communicate - as I'm sure people have seen lol. That's not to say that sexuality is all I am, but I generally use it, even just in jokes, to try to talk to people. Which makes it hard for me to view sex as something designed just for procreation. To me, sex is an incredibly important part of the human experience that it means more to me than just the act and how it 'feels good' - though it certainly does!

          That, combined with the fact that I hate kids and think creation of new ones should be restricted where possible means that that's something that we will probably never agree upon .

          Anyway, thanks so much for posting and welcome if you wish to join us!
          __________________

          "So this is why God bombed us."

          Moderator of General Chat

            #359    
          Old July 29th, 2011 (12:53 PM).
          Esper's Avatar
          Esper Esper is offline
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Location: California
          Posts: 10,654
          What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?

          The first three people I came out to asked me: "Does that mean you're bisexual?" "Does that make you a lesbian?" and "So you like guys now?" Now, I didn't go into a whole lot of detail when I did come out so I don't think of any of these responses as particularly ignorant or funny by themselves, just that three different people had three different assumptions. It reminded me how much we rely on labels to understand people who are different and how much I wish I didn't need to use words like 'transgendered' 'bisexual' 'demisexual' or any other when I want to talk to someone. I tried to go into explain myself as best I could but I could tell it was not sinking in with some of them, at least not very deeply.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
          Demisexuals are not choosing to abstain; they simply lack sexual attraction until a close relationship is formed.'

          I stumbled upon the term about a week ago, thinking to myself "Whoa! That sounds exactly like me."
          I came across that word pretty recently, too, and liked how it, kinda, helps legitimize people who have this kind of sexuality in the minds of other people. Though, like I said, I wish we didn't need to have labels and we could just be accepted and respected for who we were regardless.
          __________________
            #360    
          Old July 29th, 2011 (2:49 PM).
          FreakyLocz14's Avatar
          FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
          Conservative Patriot
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 3,491
          Some girl in high school asked a homo guy if he wants to be her shopping buddy. She was looking for tge stereotypical "gay BFF". The dude would rather play sports or help his dad fix cars, though.
            #361    
          Old July 29th, 2011 (4:39 PM).
          Who's Kiyo?'s Avatar
          Who's Kiyo? Who's Kiyo? is offline
          puking rainbows
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2011
          Location: Olivine City
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 3,225
          What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?

          Back in the eighth grade when I thought I was bisexual and wasn't open about it, I had this conversation in my Social Studies (Seriously, does the word History mean "Serial Cat Murderer" before High School?) class:

          "Are you gay?" said Lizzy.

          "No," I said slightly defensively but otherwise triumphantly because I doubted they knew the term "bisexual."

          "So, are you bisexual?" Lizzy said as follow up.

          "No," I said as I thought I was lying. Crap, didn't see that coming.

          "So.... are you attracted to people?"

          "What?! Yes!"

          And thus we learn that kids are stupid and think that you must melodramatically display your affections towards someone to not be into bestiality.

          Although I do quite like the muscle-bound burly furries.

          ----

          Another occasion was when my friend Emilie’s boyfriend (at the time) tried to call me her “gay friend," after she told him via text to quick him freaking out over me and her dancing together at a Halloween party.

          *We sit down at table, both of us next to Emilie*

          “Hey, is that is that your gay friend?” He said.

          “Ha, which one?” she replied.

          Boy do I love that girl.
          __________________
          Game Master for "Off The Menu" and Rhodes in "Journey Optional"
          -
          -
          Pair
          -
          Underground
          -
          Roleplay Theatre
          -
          Credits
            #362    
          Old July 29th, 2011 (11:05 PM).
          -ty-'s Avatar
          -ty- -ty- is offline
          Don't Ask, Just Tell
             
            Join Date: Oct 2009
            Location: USA
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 795
            Well since there were so many entertaining answers to my last question, I want to ask another one.

            If you could take a pill everyday that made you heterosexual would you take it?
              #363    
            Old July 29th, 2011 (11:29 PM).
            Alice's Avatar
            Alice Alice is offline
            (>^.(>0.0)>
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Location: Oregon
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 3,081
            lolno

            If I could become straight, I'd do it. I have no attachments to my sexuality, and it would make life easier.

            That said, I hate taking pills, and that's just so artificial, I don't see how anyone would be able to accept it, regardless of how it would make them feel.
              #364    
            Old July 30th, 2011 (2:53 AM).
            FreakyLocz14's Avatar
            FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
            Conservative Patriot
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Jun 2009
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 3,491
            People are born with their sexual orientation, imo.
              #365    
            Old July 30th, 2011 (9:23 AM).
            Alice's Avatar
            Alice Alice is offline
            (>^.(>0.0)>
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Location: Oregon
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 3,081
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
            People are born with their sexual orientation, imo.
            Well, I still have to disagree with this.

            I just don't see how a baby can have a sexuality. It's something that develops over time, based on a person's experiences throughout their life. Imo anyway.
              #366    
            Old July 30th, 2011 (9:41 AM).
            -ty-'s Avatar
            -ty- -ty- is offline
            Don't Ask, Just Tell
               
              Join Date: Oct 2009
              Location: USA
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 795
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
              Well, I still have to disagree with this.

              I just don't see how a baby can have a sexuality. It's something that develops over time, based on a person's experiences throughout their life. Imo anyway.
              Although not proven, most of the data and research alludes to sexuality being inherent at birth.

              There are several twin studies, that analyze sexuality of twins. They all had the similar conclusion that if one twin is gay the other is highly likely to gay as well. Most scientists believe that homosexuality is caused by genetics and pre-natal hormones. The pre-natal hormones theory is pretty interesting.
                #367    
              Old July 30th, 2011 (9:50 AM).
              Steven's Avatar
              Steven Steven is offline
              Bubblegum Betch
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2011
              Location: Ohio
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 1,363
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
              Although not proven, most of the data and research alludes to sexuality being inherent at birth.

              There are several twin studies, that analyze sexuality of twins. They all had the similar conclusion that if one twin is gay the other is highly likely to gay as well. Most scientists believe that homosexuality is caused by genetics and pre-natal hormones. The pre-natal hormones theory is pretty interesting.
              About the twins thing:

              There have been multiple cases where twins were raised in separate settings and they both identified themselves as gay.
              __________________
              ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

              ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
                #368    
              Old July 30th, 2011 (10:14 AM).
              FreakyLocz14's Avatar
              FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
              Conservative Patriot
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 3,491
              I still think the theory that says the more older brothers a boy has, the more likely he is to be bisexual or homosexual is bogus. I know homo guys who are the eldest sibling.
                #369    
              Old July 30th, 2011 (10:23 AM).
              Steven's Avatar
              Steven Steven is offline
              Bubblegum Betch
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2011
              Location: Ohio
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 1,363
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
              I still think the theory that says the more older brothers a boy has, the more likely he is to be bisexual or homosexual is bogus. I know homo guys who are the eldest sibling.
              It's saying that it's more likely, not that it's the case 100% of the time.

              I'm gay. I have three older brothers.
              __________________
              ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

              ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
                #370    
              Old July 30th, 2011 (10:37 AM).
              FreakyLocz14's Avatar
              FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
              Conservative Patriot
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 3,491
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
              It's saying that it's more likely, not that it's the case 100% of the time.

              I'm gay. I have three older brothers.
              I don't get the theory that they have "feminized" brains. The guys who like guys that I know are just as masculine as their heterosexual counterparts.
                #371    
              Old July 30th, 2011 (10:42 AM).
              -ty-'s Avatar
              -ty- -ty- is offline
              Don't Ask, Just Tell
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2009
                Location: USA
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 795
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
                I don't get the theory that they have "feminized" brains. The guys who like guys that I know are just as masculine as their heterosexual counterparts.
                Actually there are studies that show hypo-masculinity and hyper-masculinity as causes of homosexuality. One is exposed to more estrogen, while the other one is exposed to more androgen in the the fetus. And that's not even including the genetic factors.
                  #372    
                Old July 30th, 2011 (11:05 AM).
                Steven's Avatar
                Steven Steven is offline
                Bubblegum Betch
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2011
                Location: Ohio
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naive
                Posts: 1,363
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
                I don't get the theory that they have "feminized" brains. The guys who like guys that I know are just as masculine as their heterosexual counterparts.
                That theory has nothing to do with how they act. It has to do with how their brains react to hormones.
                __________________
                ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

                ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
                  #373    
                Old July 30th, 2011 (11:19 AM).
                Esper's Avatar
                Esper Esper is offline
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2009
                Location: California
                Posts: 10,654
                If you could take a pill everyday that made you heterosexual would you take it?

                No, though I would like to be more "normal" in general. I would take a pill to make me cisgendered if it would magically change my whole body rather than my mind. I can't really see myself wanting to change my identity, just my appearance.
                __________________
                  #374    
                Old July 30th, 2011 (11:22 AM).
                Alice's Avatar
                Alice Alice is offline
                (>^.(>0.0)>
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2009
                Location: Oregon
                Age: 25
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Careful
                Posts: 3,081
                Looked up some of the studies, and I can't say that they're really enough to say one way or the other honestly.
                  #375    
                Old July 31st, 2011 (2:20 AM).
                Shining Raichu's Avatar
                Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
                Expect me like you expect Jesus.
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2011
                Location: Australia
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 9,075
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
                It's saying that it's more likely, not that it's the case 100% of the time.

                I'm gay. I have three older brothers.
                Yeah well I'm gay, and I have one older sister. I doubt there could be any correlation. It doesn't make sense.


                Quote:
                Originally Posted by -ty-
                If you could take a pill everyday that made you heterosexual would you take it?
                I actually asked a similar question a few pages back, but no, I would not. Besides the fact that I quite enjoy my sexuality and I just can't imagine myself as a straight man, a pill-a-day system is flawed. Does each pill only last 24 hours? Imagine you forgot to take your pill one day and then your wife found you masturbating to gay porn...
                __________________

                "So this is why God bombed us."

                Moderator of General Chat

                 

                Quick Reply

                Join the conversation!

                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                Sponsored Links
                Thread Tools

                Posting Rules
                You may not post new threads
                You may not post replies
                You may not post attachments
                You may not edit your posts

                BB code is On
                Smilies are On
                [IMG] code is On
                HTML code is Off

                Forum Jump


                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:36 PM.