Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #3726    
Old May 4th, 2013 (5:51 PM).
Phantom's Avatar
Phantom Phantom is online now
Uh, I didn't do it
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,187
Not yet. I'll need to get mentally prepared for this. But I will stand up for myself.
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #3727    
Old May 4th, 2013 (8:14 PM).
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots Inkblots is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: Canada
    Age: 26
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 181
    Good for you!

    You're making me feel downright cowardly for not coming out to my parents yet, haha. I'm sure they'll be supportive eventually, considering they have no problem with my three or four gay relatives (I have a huge family...), I just don't want to deal with the "yes, I'm old enough to know. No, there's nothing medically wrong with me" argument that I know will come first, thanks to them acting like I'm still a teenager most of the time. And I just don't know how to bring it up... Pretty sure at least my mom already thinks I'm gay. Would make things so much easier to come out if I was, haha (not saying you guys have it easy or anything, just in this one particular tiny situation, it would make things less complicated).

    But anyway, good for you. I'm rooting for you, and I hope she'll change her mind when you actually do come out, and not follow through with her threats. Her reasoning for it is ridiculous. There are plenty of gay couples who have children, and plenty of straight couples who don't. Would she react the same way if you were straight and told her you didn't want kids? Absolutely ridiculous, and she has no right to demand or expect that you have kids just because she wants grandchildren. It's a huge, life-changing commitment that should be up to you and your partner, and no one else.
      #3728    
    Old May 5th, 2013 (12:05 AM).
    FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
    FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
    Water Musician Fenrir
       
      Join Date: Feb 2013
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 140
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
      I can't really say the same.
      I'm not sure if I want to get into everything . . . I just . . . I don't know. Maybe I'll explain it later when I have an inkling of what's going on.
      Let's just say that someone called CPS (Child Protective Services) on my ex-boyfriend, because he's eighteen and I won't even be fifteen for another month. I'm not exactly sure what they said—something about us being a little too affectionate on the street or something—but they implied that we were in a sexual relationship. So now there's a whole bunch of legal crap going on. I just talked to a woman from CPS earlier, and so has my mother and my father and step-mother, and most likely my ex-boyfriend and his family.
      Now I'm not allowed to go to my dad's house this weekend. I am permitted to talk to my ex, although I have yet to hear back from him and I highly doubt he'll take the risk. Chances are I won't be able to see him for a while, which sucks on its own, but since summer is starting soon it's so much worse.
      If the case remains unfounded, then everything will go back to "normal"—although I hear the case may remain open for sixty days, just in case something new comes up—and if it doesn't . . . then my ex gets arrested, and perhaps my step-mother and father if they get charged for knowing about it and allowing it to go on. This also means that the case will stay on record until I'm 28, my ex will be registered as a sex offender, and there may be a restraining order put between us, meaning I won't be able to see him or even talk to him until I'm seventeen.
      It sucks for obvious reasons, and "sucks" is an extreme understatement, but it also sucks because, really . . . he's my only real friend. I would hate to lose him, especially under such circumstances.
      I don't know who made the call. It had to be someone who knows him and who knows how old I am, and also knows the name of my step-mother, as she was in the report. One logical person that it could be would be my ex's cousin, who has a crush on me. He's one of the very few people that ever knew about us, and one of the only people that knew that may file a report. My step-sister is really the only other viable person, but considering the way the report was filled out and the fact that she knows better than to do something like that—hopefully—it probably wasn't her. Plus I mentioned my ex's cousin, asking him if he knew anything about it. That was nearly an hour ago, and he never takes that long to respond to anything, really.
      I'm going to kill whoever did it, and I'm going to make sure it's painful.

      Pfft . . . I guess I lied when I said I wasn't going to give the whole story. I guess I really needed to vent. Kicking the wall earlier wasn't enough. (PS - Kicking the wall is even a bit extreme for me. I always feel like smashing something, but lately I've been able to avoid doing so. Mmmm . . . not anymore. Too much pent-up rage.)
      Ah, I hate being a minor. My mind is certainly ready to be seen as more mature in many ways, but in some ways not so much (but who can really truthfully say that every part of their personality has fully matured?). However, that doesn't really matter in legal terms. My mental maturity—or even physical maturity, minus the age—doesn't count. All that matters is that I'm still a "child."

      Even without all of this crap, I've been ready to completely break down lately.
      I don't know if I can take this.
      I'm certainly not as strong as I once believed myself to be, not even a year ago.
      If you know me personally, you would know that I'm vehemently against suicide. I'm also against self-harm, but I'd rather someone do that than kill themselves, if that's what it takes.
      Lately I've started to question my views on such things. This certainly isn't helping that.

      EDIT: Well, my ex's cousin just messaged me back. I'm willing to believe that it wasn't him, but I have no idea who it could be. That alone is bugging me like Hell.
      ...This is ****ing scaring me like hell now.
      I'm scared that, what if, me and my mate meet, and I'm still a minor, and this happens...
      I don't know what the hell I would do in that situation...

      I just hope we can either hide it well enough... Or I turn 17 when he gets here...
      __________________

      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
      On AAO
      On DeviantArt
      On FurAffinity
        #3729    
      Old May 5th, 2013 (4:26 PM). Edited May 5th, 2013 by XIII.
      XIII's Avatar
      XIII XIII is offline
      don't you remember?
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: May 2011
      Age: 18
      Posts: 1,834
      What's wrong with just waiting until people are 18 by the way?

      edit:

      excuse my ignorance. I typed that question sorta without thinking.

      I understand it may be very hard to wait so very long to be with someone. I think that it is a stupid law.. It should just be that if you're 16 the age difference of 3 1/2 years is okay. Because really, love is love guys, come on.

      I know this also sounds stupid, but if you're 17 can you date an 18 year old or is that still considered "minors" bs?
      __________________
      let's meet again
      in the next life
      (tumblr)
        #3730    
      Old May 5th, 2013 (6:29 PM).
      Nakuzami's Avatar
      Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
      Babashook
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2010
      Location: Babapride
      Age: 19
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 6,018
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
      What's wrong with just waiting until people are 18 by the way?

      edit:

      excuse my ignorance. I typed that question sorta without thinking.

      I understand it may be very hard to wait so very long to be with someone. I think that it is a stupid law.. It should just be that if you're 16 the age difference of 3 1/2 years is okay. Because really, love is love guys, come on.

      I know this also sounds stupid, but if you're 17 can you date an 18 year old or is that still considered "minors" bs?
      It actually depends on where you live. In the US, depending on the state, the age of consent ranges from sixteen to eighteen. So long as you're of the age of consent, you're fine.

      Where I live (New York), the age of consent is seventeen. I have a few years to go.

      I think they should come up with some sort of "maturity" test. I know that sounds odd, but if properly implemented it would be nice. . . . By that, I mean, you could essentially "apply" or something if you're below the age of consent. You'd take some sort of series of tests, and if your mental maturity seems to be of a satisfying level, you can pretty much overrule the age of consent.
      It may sound odd, but . . . yeah.

      @FenrirDarkWolf - I wouldn't be worried. If your mate is long distance, and he only plans to make visits for a while, then you should be fine, so long as you don't personally know anyone that would turn you in immediately. Same goes for if he moved to where you are and you aren't yet of age. I was with my boyfriend for about four months, and was only reported in the last week. We broke up in January, so . . . yeah, it took a while, to say the least.
      Not saying it's good that it took a while, but I'm saying the chances are low so long as you don't know any major arses that would like to turn him in.
      __________________
        #3731    
      Old May 5th, 2013 (6:40 PM).
      Inkblots's Avatar
      Inkblots Inkblots is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Canada
        Age: 26
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 181
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
        I know this also sounds stupid, but if you're 17 can you date an 18 year old or is that still considered "minors" bs?
        Basically, as long as there isn't anything going on between the hypothetical 17-year-old and 18-year-old that could be considered sexual (including things like stripping for each other), there's no problem. The main reasoning seems to be that anyone under 18 hasn't matured enough mentally to make a reasoned decision about sexual matters, and anyone over 18 should know better than to take advantage of someone who can't make reasoned decisions about such things.

        That said, I think it's ridiculous to say "everyone under 18 (or whatever it is in different countries) is a child, and everyone over 18 is an adult." I know plenty of people who were mature enough at 16 or 17 to be considered adults, and I know plenty of people who are 20 or 21, and definitely should NOT be considered adults (honestly, sometimes I feel like there need to be some tests to allow people to become adults, the same way you have to take a series of tests to get your driver's license). I know that in a lot of countries it's possible to become an "emancipated minor" and legally considered an adult even when under 18, but most people don't know that this option even exists (and, to bring it back to the original discussion, I'm not sure if being an emancipated minor would nullify the age of consent law).
          #3732    
        Old May 5th, 2013 (8:39 PM).
        XIII's Avatar
        XIII XIII is offline
        don't you remember?
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: May 2011
        Age: 18
        Posts: 1,834
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
        It actually depends on where you live. In the US, depending on the state, the age of consent ranges from sixteen to eighteen. So long as you're of the age of consent, you're fine.

        Where I live (New York), the age of consent is seventeen. I have a few years to go.

        I think they should come up with some sort of "maturity" test. I know that sounds odd, but if properly implemented it would be nice. . . . By that, I mean, you could essentially "apply" or something if you're below the age of consent. You'd take some sort of series of tests, and if your mental maturity seems to be of a satisfying level, you can pretty much overrule the age of consent.
        It may sound odd, but . . . yeah.

        @FenrirDarkWolf - I wouldn't be worried. If your mate is long distance, and he only plans to make visits for a while, then you should be fine, so long as you don't personally know anyone that would turn you in immediately. Same goes for if he moved to where you are and you aren't yet of age. I was with my boyfriend for about four months, and was only reported in the last week. We broke up in January, so . . . yeah, it took a while, to say the least.
        Not saying it's good that it took a while, but I'm saying the chances are low so long as you don't know any major arses that would like to turn him in.
        In a perfect world, there would yes, be a maturity test... But millions of $$$ would go to waste and heaven forbid the government spends money to make sure people don't get raped/in a relationship that will lead to abuse or other bad things. :\ I wish people would just be less stupid and not get a law made about it in the first place. Just use common sense :(

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
        Basically, as long as there isn't anything going on between the hypothetical 17-year-old and 18-year-old that could be considered sexual (including things like stripping for each other), there's no problem. The main reasoning seems to be that anyone under 18 hasn't matured enough mentally to make a reasoned decision about sexual matters, and anyone over 18 should know better than to take advantage of someone who can't make reasoned decisions about such things.

        That said, I think it's ridiculous to say "everyone under 18 (or whatever it is in different countries) is a child, and everyone over 18 is an adult." I know plenty of people who were mature enough at 16 or 17 to be considered adults, and I know plenty of people who are 20 or 21, and definitely should NOT be considered adults (honestly, sometimes I feel like there need to be some tests to allow people to become adults, the same way you have to take a series of tests to get your driver's license). I know that in a lot of countries it's possible to become an "emancipated minor" and legally considered an adult even when under 18, but most people don't know that this option even exists (and, to bring it back to the original discussion, I'm not sure if being an emancipated minor would nullify the age of consent law).
        I know a kid who is 18 and he acts like he's 12. :\ So yeah. Maturity is a huge factor
        __________________
        let's meet again
        in the next life
        (tumblr)
          #3733    
        Old May 5th, 2013 (9:35 PM).
        Alice's Avatar
        Alice Alice is offline
        (>^.(>0.0)>
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2009
        Location: Oregon
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 3,080
        Yeah, the way things are set up right now is kinda silly. If the age difference between two people is only 1 or 2 years, then it seems like it shouldn't really matter. When we're talking about 20 and 15 year olds, I think their concern understandable though.
          #3734    
        Old May 6th, 2013 (8:57 AM).
        FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
        FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
        Water Musician Fenrir
           
          Join Date: Feb 2013
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 140
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
          @FenrirDarkWolf - I wouldn't be worried. If your mate is long distance, and he only plans to make visits for a while, then you should be fine, so long as you don't personally know anyone that would turn you in immediately. Same goes for if he moved to where you are and you aren't yet of age. I was with my boyfriend for about four months, and was only reported in the last week. We broke up in January, so . . . yeah, it took a while, to say the least.
          Not saying it's good that it took a while, but I'm saying the chances are low so long as you don't know any major arses that would like to turn him in.
          That's a bit reassuring.
          The thing is, we haven't really haven't met... Yet.
          I guess we're lucky because we don't know anyone who would turn us in...
          __________________

          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
          On AAO
          On DeviantArt
          On FurAffinity
            #3735    
          Old May 6th, 2013 (9:24 AM).
          Esper's Avatar
          Esper Esper is offline
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Location: California
          Posts: 10,413
          Age of consent laws is kind of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it's hard to measure maturity with a number, but on the other there are people who really aren't ready for sexual activities, especially with someone older who may have more power and persuasion on account of just being older and having more experience.

          I know that when I was 14 I thought I was ready for a lot of things I probably wasn't really ready for (and I suppose I'm grateful I didn't find out for sure until I was a bit older and relatively more mature.) I guess since I'm older I don't have as much a problem with these kinds of laws. I mean, no one really follows them anyway, but they're there for those cases when something bad is genuinely going on. At least, that's how it should be.
          __________________
            #3736    
          Old May 6th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
          EGKangaroo's Avatar
          EGKangaroo EGKangaroo is offline
          Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
             
            Join Date: Mar 2012
            Location: the Netherlands
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 400
            Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo
            The problem I see with the age of consent laws is that many countries have a single border without any grey zone for those who are close in age. Hell, in California, even if both participants in a sexual relation are minors they'd just both be found guilty of unlawful sex, which is completely insane. There are plenty of jurisdictions that do, luckily, allow for close-in-age relations to take place. Those are called Romeo and Juliet laws and they're great examples of allowing minors to enter relationships with other people in acceptable ranges while avoiding any of the nasty consequences of allowing egregious age differences to exist so that the law can actually do its duty to protect without suppression of legitimate love. Texas penal code has a good example of how it works. The age difference can be no greater than 3 years of age as defence against sexual assault and the perceived victim is older than 14 years of age. This would mean that 15 and 18 would be perfectly allowed according to Texan law.
            __________________
            RP's I am in:
            Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

            "And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
            "Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

              #3737    
            Old May 6th, 2013 (10:41 AM). Edited May 6th, 2013 by FenrirDarkWolf.
            FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
            FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
            Water Musician Fenrir
               
              Join Date: Feb 2013
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 140
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by EGKangaroo View Post
              Texas penal code has a good example of how it works. The age difference can be no greater than 3 years of age as defence against sexual assault and the perceived victim is older than 14 years of age. This would mean that 15 and 18 would be perfectly allowed according to Texan law.
              ..............
              Damn it....
              This doesn't apply for people over the age of consent, correct?
              __________________

              http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
              On AAO
              On DeviantArt
              On FurAffinity
                #3738    
              Old May 6th, 2013 (4:38 PM). Edited May 6th, 2013 by Who's Kiyo?.
              Who's Kiyo?'s Avatar
              Who's Kiyo? Who's Kiyo? is offline
              puking rainbows
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2011
              Location: Olivine City
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 3,225
              What also matters is the definition of consent is for whatever place you may be- at least how my state's consent laws work is that it's purely based on whether or not the couple engages in sexual activity will any laws be broken. They can't really find a crime if nothing physical is going on. So, perhaps in any case, any hanky-panky show be left for a later date.

              You damn crazy kids, can't you just keep it in your pants?! *walking cane*

              Personally, 3 years is definitely not a big whoop in mind especially as you guys get older. This issue really is only an issue now because one of you is over the age of consent and law gets a little strict here, but it has more benefits to those who actually need them than repercussions, so bear with them.

              Perhaps people in these situations should spend some time expanding on any emotional relations you have with each other. There's plenty a couple can do than physical stuff, and waiting might just be worth it. I mean, I'm still waiting years to be even so much as kissed, so just be patient.

              Also furries.

              But if there was nothing sexual going on, Nakuzami, there really can't be that much evidence to expand on.... then again, I don't know how this process works. Just be level headed and find any way you can get help. I know that's wicked easier said than done, but, please press on.
              __________________
              Game Master for "Off The Menu" and Rhodes in "Journey Optional"
              -
              -
              Pair
              -
              Underground
              -
              Roleplay Theatre
              -
              Credits
                #3739    
              Old May 6th, 2013 (5:07 PM).
              Shining Raichu's Avatar
              Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
              Expect me like you expect Jesus.
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 9,075
              I thought the point of age of consent laws was to stop paedophilia. I'm not comfortable with those laws being in place for any other reason.

              If those laws are in place to stop consentual activities involving people that those laws deem not mature enough to make their own decisions, then that's nanny state behaviour that I'm really not comfortable with. In the end, if a 12-year-old wants to have sex, then as much as we might all disapprove and think "oh no that's too young" ultimately it's nobody's business but that 12-year-old and their partner. It's certainly not any government's place to dictate that.
              __________________

              "So this is why God bombed us."

              Moderator of General Chat

                #3740    
              Old May 6th, 2013 (5:32 PM).
              Alice's Avatar
              Alice Alice is offline
              (>^.(>0.0)>
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2009
              Location: Oregon
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 3,080
              The problem with that in my mind is that most 12 year olds don't know much about sex, and don't know the implications of it... plus an adult could very easily convince them to have sex with them, or threaten violence if they don't say it's consensual. Kids are too easily manipulated.
                #3741    
              Old May 6th, 2013 (5:53 PM).
              EGKangaroo's Avatar
              EGKangaroo EGKangaroo is offline
              Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2012
                Location: the Netherlands
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 400
                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo
                This is certainly why I am all in favour of these kinds of close-in-age laws, because they allow for flexibility and only focus on the very thing they're trying to prevent, which is sexual abuse of children who don't know any better, and all of the other bad things that are associated with that. It's only natural for people to want to explore their sexuality, especially when they reach puberty, and if they do so with people who are not too far apart in age, then it should be possible without the legal drama. That's what justice is supposed to do, serve justice where it's needed. There are definitely some exceptions to when a close-in-age law may apply that need be in place, such as when a relation of authority also exists, like teacher-student or the like. It's very easy to manipulate someone when you're in a position of authority.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
                ..............
                Damn it....
                This doesn't apply for people over the age of consent, correct?
                In fact, it does. The whole point of close-in-age laws is to prevent situations where two people in a perfectly legitimate relation without co-ercion, where one is a minor but only like 3 years apart at most, don't get put on trial for sex offences.
                __________________
                RP's I am in:
                Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

                "And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
                "Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

                  #3742    
                Old May 6th, 2013 (6:52 PM).
                FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
                FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
                Water Musician Fenrir
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 140
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by EGKangaroo View Post
                  In fact, it does. The whole point of close-in-age laws is to prevent situations where two people in a perfectly legitimate relation without co-ercion, where one is a minor but only like 3 years apart at most, don't get put on trial for sex offences.
                  ...Damn it...
                  The only thing that I truly dislike about mine and his relationship is age and the laws that go with it, 15-going-on-16 and 20...

                  I wish he was actually here, I can wait for everything...
                  He and I can't get in trouble for just snuggles, can't I?
                  __________________

                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
                  On AAO
                  On DeviantArt
                  On FurAffinity
                    #3743    
                  Old May 7th, 2013 (3:12 AM).
                  Kura's Avatar
                  Kura Kura is offline
                  twitter.com/kuraberryart
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2004
                    Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
                    Age: 27
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Serious
                    Posts: 11,014
                    Not really sure.. but I honestly doubt you'll get in trouble just for snuggles.
                    Is the option available for you to wait till you have sex, or are you really adamant on having it?

                    Has he been tested recently and shown you the results btw? Always good to take precautions (especially against clamydia which is usually undetectable.)

                    I don't think it's against the law to be romantically involved with someone older.. just sexually involved, right? You might want to doublecheck that or maybe even make an anonymous call (payphone or a friend's cell) to kids help phone as they might know what you can do, too.

                    Basically all anyone wants is for you to be safe and in good hands.
                    __________________
                    ~Yuugiou Fan~
                    ~Kamen Rider Fan~
                    ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
                      #3744    
                    Old May 7th, 2013 (3:55 AM).
                    FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
                    FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
                    Water Musician Fenrir
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 140
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kura View Post
                      Not really sure.. but I honestly doubt you'll get in trouble just for snuggles.
                      Is the option available for you to wait till you have sex, or are you really adamant on having it?

                      Has he been tested recently and shown you the results btw? Always good to take precautions (especially against clamydia which is usually undetectable.)

                      I don't think it's against the law to be romantically involved with someone older.. just sexually involved, right? You might want to doublecheck that or maybe even make an anonymous call (payphone or a friend's cell) to kids help phone as they might know what you can do, too.

                      Basically all anyone wants is for you to be safe and in good hands.
                      I mean, it's still long-distance for now, and it'll probably be that way until after I graduate, so I doubt sex could be an issue right now...

                      I don't know if he has... I guess I should ask him later...

                      Okay....

                      I know... I think my parents already know about me and him, I'm not sure... I don't know if they know how old he is too... :/
                      __________________

                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
                      On AAO
                      On DeviantArt
                      On FurAffinity
                        #3745    
                      Old May 7th, 2013 (3:53 PM).
                      Nakuzami's Avatar
                      Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
                      Babashook
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2010
                      Location: Babapride
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 6,018
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post
                      Personally, 3 years is definitely not a big whoop in mind especially as you guys get older. This issue really is only an issue now because one of you is over the age of consent and law gets a little strict here, but it has more benefits to those who actually need them than repercussions, so bear with them.

                      Perhaps people in these situations should spend some time expanding on any emotional relations you have with each other. There's plenty a couple can do than physical stuff, and waiting might just be worth it. I mean, I'm still waiting years to be even so much as kissed, so just be patient.

                      Also furries.

                      But if there was nothing sexual going on, Nakuzami, there really can't be that much evidence to expand on.... then again, I don't know how this process works. Just be level headed and find any way you can get help. I know that's wicked easier said than done, but, please press on.
                      I understand that the laws obviously have their uses, yes, but . . . not when someone's abusing them.
                      They won't tell us who reported him (and apparently my step-mother for allowing things to go on, so she gets arrested if he does as well). Whoever it was only would have done so for some sort of personal vendetta or jealousy. This is when things become a problem, because they can use and abuse laws like this. Whether anything is proven or not, I can't really see him until after this is all over. I could, but basically if we're alone together for even a split second he'll be accused of something.

                      Mind you he's also my ex, so all of this really is . . . feh. Due to all of this, our parents certainly won't allow us to see each other for a while, much less hang out. This is also happening at the end of the school year, when both of us have school concerts, he has graduation and then there's my birthday that's coming up. It couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time. We're still going to try and do things for all of these events, but . . . all of this kind of gets in the way.

                      And, yes, it would seem that we do have close-in-age law of four years. It certainly doesn't change the fact that I can't see him due to the investigation, our families are going to be too paranoid to allow us to seriously hang out for a while, and it won't stop whoever made the report from getting in the way in the future, by any means they can think of. . . .

                      @Kura - No, it's perfectly fine to be romantically involved with a person. But here's the thing: if you're romantically involved with a person, then they're going to assume that you're sexually involved as well, which allows them to accuse you of things like this. And, again, whether it actually gets you in trouble or not, it's an incredible inconvenience. . . .
                      I mean, the person who reported us did so because they apparently saw us being "too affectionate" on the street. He is my best friend still, so I give him hugs and everything. The thing is, I'm gay and he's bisexual, so there's obviously something sexual going on between us if we're hugging.
                      Get what I'm saying?

                      Point is, no matter the laws nor the truth of the situation, people will find ways to abuse such precautions if they so choose. It's certainly not unheard of, and plenty of lives have been ruined by such things in the past.
                      My best, and one and only true friendship is already heading down that path, if this keeps up.
                      __________________
                        #3746    
                      Old May 7th, 2013 (5:07 PM).
                      Kura's Avatar
                      Kura Kura is offline
                      twitter.com/kuraberryart
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2004
                        Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
                        Age: 27
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Serious
                        Posts: 11,014
                        Hmm.. I just find it strange they can base charges on assumptions. I always thought you needed hard evidence for a proper trial and I know the jury can base a decision on an assumption, but that's why you have a lawyer to persuade anyhow. I mean.. if one person makes a report yet 4 people deny it, then.. I don't really see how it becomes an issue- if anything charges would be dropped since there's not enough support for it.

                        Then again I have a poor neighbour who has cancer whose wife called the cops on him to charge him for abuse and he was charged.. but he doesn't even have the strength to sit upright so it makes no freaking sense- the grandmother (wife's mother) tells the granddaughter that if the grandson ever gets angry, she should call the cops on him, etc.. so.. it's pretty messed up on that. Men seem to be really treated unjustly in the whole legal side of things. So it is a shame to hear that.. and good lawyers are expensive. Shame you had to split up over age-difference but.. if it was meant to be then it was meant to be. I just hope things push through smoothly regardless of the circumstances.


                        And long distance is VERY tough.. (I've done long distance too so I understand) but at least there wont be a risk of accusation for that or anything. I know it is kinda sucky but.. maybe because of it, you guys will stick it through and everyone will hopefully be supportive :3

                        Wishing both of you all the best!
                        __________________
                        ~Yuugiou Fan~
                        ~Kamen Rider Fan~
                        ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
                          #3747    
                        Old May 7th, 2013 (5:20 PM).
                        FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
                        FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
                        Water Musician Fenrir
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 140
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Kura View Post
                          And long distance is VERY tough.. (I've done long distance too so I understand) but at least there wont be a risk of accusation for that or anything. I know it is kinda sucky but.. maybe because of it, you guys will stick it through and everyone will hopefully be supportive :3

                          Wishing both of you all the best!
                          Thank you.

                          On a lighter note, all my female friends are jealous that I have the hot boyfriend~
                          __________________

                          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
                          On AAO
                          On DeviantArt
                          On FurAffinity
                            #3748    
                          Old May 7th, 2013 (5:43 PM). Edited May 8th, 2013 by Nakuzami.
                          Nakuzami's Avatar
                          Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
                          Babashook
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2010
                          Location: Babapride
                          Age: 19
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 6,018
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Kura View Post
                          Hmm.. I just find it strange they can base charges on assumptions. I always thought you needed hard evidence for a proper trial and I know the jury can base a decision on an assumption, but that's why you have a lawyer to persuade anyhow. I mean.. if one person makes a report yet 4 people deny it, then.. I don't really see how it becomes an issue- if anything charges would be dropped since there's not enough support for it.

                          Then again I have a poor neighbour who has cancer whose wife called the cops on him to charge him for abuse and he was charged.. but he doesn't even have the strength to sit upright so it makes no freaking sense- the grandmother (wife's mother) tells the granddaughter that if the grandson ever gets angry, she should call the cops on him, etc.. so.. it's pretty messed up on that. Men seem to be really treated unjustly in the whole legal side of things. So it is a shame to hear that.. and good lawyers are expensive. Shame you had to split up over age-difference but.. if it was meant to be then it was meant to be. I just hope things push through smoothly regardless of the circumstances.


                          And long distance is VERY tough.. (I've done long distance too so I understand) but at least there wont be a risk of accusation for that or anything. I know it is kinda sucky but.. maybe because of it, you guys will stick it through and everyone will hopefully be supportive :3

                          Wishing both of you all the best!
                          Technically speaking, no charges shall be presented unless they find some evidence during their investigation.

                          That doesn't really change what I said in my last post, though. That is the trouble they present without having yet to press charges. It certainly would be far worse if they did.

                          I believe that things will end up working out in our favor, eventually, but that doesn't do anything to help with the constant worry and panic I've been feeling over all of this. Or the paranoia. Or the fact that I can't be with my best friend.
                          Hopefully this will be over soon and things can go back to . . . well, not normal, considering our parents will begin to interfere, but . . . better than they are now.

                          @Fenrir - Half of my female friends wanted to date me, so you can say that they were a bit disappointed. d:

                          EDIT: Oh, here's an update; there is now an order of protection between my friend and myself. I cannot see him or talk to him, or have anyone I know say anything to him, for up to sixty days. If I do, he will get arrested. This means that I cannot go to his concert tonight (figures it happened today. WTH.), he may not come to mine in a few weeks, and I most likely won't be able to see him for my birthday. This also means that the investigation is going further, so it didn't turn out in our favor so far.
                          The reason they found for going further is basically words that were said (by my step-mother) that they decided to misconstrue into a form so that they could manipulate it into an investigation.
                          . . .
                          . . .
                          . . . Saying that this sucks would be the largest understatement of my life. I don't know what to say. . . .
                          __________________
                            #3749    
                          Old May 8th, 2013 (2:54 PM).
                          XIII's Avatar
                          XIII XIII is offline
                          don't you remember?
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: May 2011
                          Age: 18
                          Posts: 1,834
                          The whole thing really just sucks. Like someone else said, really the only useful thing the dang law does is stop pedophilia.

                          Other than that 3-6 years of age shouldn't really matter.

                          Also there's the "half your age plus seven" ( 1/2 * ____ + 7 ) rule that I think makes sense but some people are in love and well, it's love.

                          Bah! :( I hate talking about sad things like this.

                          How can people just rip people apart like that.
                          __________________
                          let's meet again
                          in the next life
                          (tumblr)
                            #3750    
                          Old May 8th, 2013 (3:50 PM).
                          FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
                          FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
                          Water Musician Fenrir
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quirky
                            Posts: 140
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
                            The whole thing really just sucks. Like someone else said, really the only useful thing the dang law does is stop pedophilia.
                            And even then! It'll never truly stop! They're only impeding a few people doing it, not everyone.
                            __________________

                            http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
                            On AAO
                            On DeviantArt
                            On FurAffinity
                             
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:05 AM.