• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Touko's art gallery~

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years

• Welcome to Pokemon Trainer Touko's Art thread~!
    [Currently under construction. >u<;;]
    ccccccccccd.jpg

Note: Please inform me before taking/using my work or I will HUNT YOU DOWN!

The Shikijika collection~

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Swanna collection~

Spoiler:

Icons~ [200 x 200]

You can use any of them as long as you give credit. :3
    Claim these as your own and I'll eat you.
    Note: I did NOT make the original artwork

Spoiler:

200 x 200 icons resized [150 x 150]

Spoiler:

150 x 150 → 100 x 100 [Standard icon size]

Spoiler:

Smaller icons~ (150 x 150)

Spoiler:

Banners~ [New~!!]

Spoiler:

← Is too lazy/can't be bothered to resize the icons. Just tell me if you wanna use them so I can resize it for you. :3
    ~ Touko Kelsey

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2013
    Did you draw all of them? They're really cute! ^^ I like the last Shikijika the most - so pink and adorable! <3

Years
  • Wow, sis, you've a fabulous gallery here!! :) I like all the pictures and drawings, did you do it by hand or by computer? Cos it looks so darn like you drew it by hand but it has the computer-ish look. I think my most favourites is the Joltik icons, since I love Joltik a lot. :D Also the Lady Caitlin icons are so cuuutee!~

I want more, more!! Give me MORE!!!~ XD

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
  • YAY! I like the works, the lines with shadows :D

And for the icons, A bit big for normal users maybe for Supporters.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Your artwork is really cute. <3
    I especially like your icons - specifically the trainer ones. :3

o3o

Years
  • I lovelovelove your icons! :O And omg NYAN CAT & MLP?! /dies
    Your art is also very simple but very appealing to the eye.
    All I could say is, maybe make some of the icons smaller for the non-supporters/supporters who can't get bigger avatars?

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I love your art work, Touko. They are amazing especially the 5th one of Shikijika. :3 As for the icons, they are pretty decent yet very simple looking. You could use brushes and play around with layers to make your icons look even more eye-catching and the images that you've used are pretty massive in size but you can resize them. (:

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I like the Shikijikas ^^. They're pretty cute.

You should say you didn't draw the icons though :P. They have too different styles to have been drawn by the same person...

Years
  • Yay! I see that you've added more icons on Kirby! I must say that you do a wonderful job at iconizing artwork so that PC users can use it as avatars or profile pictures. How thoughtful of you! :)

I just am fond of the images for the Ducklett and Swanna icons as they give off a very realistic watercolor paint effect. And so are the Legendaries around the ice cream. Jirachi and Mew looks very cute in that theme. Jigglypuff's expression looks so adorable!! xD I too am a long-lost fan of Kirby. :3

Hope to see more art from you, my beloved sister. ~♥~

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Okay I just gotta say something. As much as I like your icons... They're not really icons. You can't just make them as big as you want and resize them. They won't look good. I think they loose their quality and I know things that as supposed to be small but noticeable won't be seen. You should start making them in 100x100. Also you need to spice them up a bit. Use patterns that have an opacity about 60% so it looks better and not as boring and you also need to use tools at your disposal. Such as blur/sharpen, doge/burn and smudge. You should also play around with the brightness and contrast so the colors really pop. Selective color works good too.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • I love the Swanna and Ducklette icons! Are they pastel or paint?

Years
  • Hey, Touko. You seem to have a ton of graphic art work. I wanted to ask if you wouldn't mind me moving this to the Graphic Art section instead of the Art Gallery? If not, I'd need to to remove all of the work you didn't actually make (ex; whatever digital drawings you didn't make).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • -cracks knuckles- Oooookay, time for better criticism, cause no one seems to be giving you any.

First things first, like Xyrin said, you can't just crop from a picture this HUGE image and then say "there's the icon!" It doesn't work that way. Get a stock and crop out...maybe a 200x200 and then resize it to 100x100. That's what I do, and it works rather well. Maybe even crop a 150x150. Depends on the stock you're using.

Second thing, a few are jpgs. Just...stay away from those. They look fuzzy and blurry, especially after resizing them. And it's just bad quality.

Third, add some effects. You can't really call it your icon if you haven't added anything to make it your own, like brighten-contrasting it, using a brush, making it more colorful, or taking the color away...you just seem to leave them as they are, and that's not really icon making. It's just cropping a picture.

PS: It'd be wise to stop making 200x200 icons. The only people here that can use them are like...smods and admins. No one will be able to use those honkers. lern 2 resize. your audience here is mostly normal members, whose maximum avatar size is 130x130, but the most common icon size is 100x100. That's what you wanna stick to.

Sorry if this came out as harsh, but only like...one person actually gave you the criticism that you needed. Everyone else was all "O SO GR8!121!!!!" which doesn't help you improve at this at all.

Edit: herp derp reshi and zek guy avatars :< It's weird to see someone using stocks I've used.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Edit: herp derp reshi and zek guy avatars :< It's weird to see someone using stocks I've used.

You're telling me. /some of the stocks she's used were drawn by this guy, and I've iconed most of his/her pieces

---

Anyways, I have to disagree with what Syd said about JPEGs because they can turn out right if you know how to save 'em. Take these two icons I made of Gold x Ruby from PokeSupe:

2zr4ahs.jpg
    65va1h.png

They look exactly the same to the naked eye, right? Well, the left one is a JPEG and the right one is a PNG. If you used Gimp or PS, save JPEGs at the highest quality possible. Also, the stock I used to crop these (click here) is a JPEG itself. If you resize it and it looks blurry, sharpen it (but not so much that it looks overdone, unless that's what you want to do). In the case of the icons above, I used Photoshop's Smart Sharpen tool and set the amount at 50%. If you're using Gimp or something else, there might be a similar tool.

Adding on to the effects Syd mentioned, you can download a bunch of textures, brushes, and C4Ds at DeviantArt alone. Textures and C4Ds are pretty much for effects, while some brushes can be used for lighting and whatnot (though most are also for effects). Even if you just duplicate layers and set the top layers to different effects (for me, it's typically top layer: Multiply 25-50%, 2nd from the top: Overlay 50%, middle: Screen 50%, 2nd from the bottom: Color Burn 50%, bottom: Normal 100%) and then increase the saturation (I usually do +5-15) once the image is flattened you can make an icon look nice. /and this is exactly what i did for the icons above, derp

Everything else that I want to say has already been said, and if you need tutorials, there are plenty out there. I can recommend good ones if you're using Gimp, and I can probably find good ones for PS too.

Last edited:
    Back