Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Draconius GO

Old May 24th, 2011 (3:09 PM).
the spirit of the fighter
  • Platinum Tier
  • Developer

Nature: Brave
Source

Quote:
Fox just announced the deal at its upfront this afternoon. Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said production on the animated series will begin production in Fall 2011 for a 2013 premiere on the Fox schedule. In a cross-studio collaboration, The Flintstones will be produced jointly by 20th Century Fox Television and Warner Bros Television. Dan Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and Kara Vallow (Family Guy) will serve as executive producers with Seth MacFarlane who says the very first cartoon character he drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone.
I honestly don't know what to say about this. The original TV production was really good, but I have no idea what Seth will do to this show's flawless image.

What do you think that Seth MacFarlane will do with this show? Do you think that he will maintain it's family-friendly image or will he make it like Family Guy?

Do you expect the show to be as good as the original, better than the original, or worse than the original?

Discuss.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 24th, 2011 (4:06 PM).
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
I'm thinking he'll probably mold it into his generic archetypes...(http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/ob/screen_junkies.jpg).

I don't like this, personally. It's a classic and I don't really have high hopes for it. Perhaps also because I'm not a huge fan of his shows to begin with, anyway.

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Old May 24th, 2011 (4:35 PM).
Banned

Nature: Gentle
    I don't think he will. I've seen a few interviews with the guy and he seemed like a true animation fan. It won't be Family Guy version 4.
    Old May 24th, 2011 (5:58 PM).
    Guide of Darkness
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
    MacFarlane is an animation nerd. I have hope that he'll respect the series and it won't end up like the Yogi series that was made by the Ren & Stimpy team.

But at the same time... if this is going to end up on FOX primetime, welll....
    Old May 25th, 2011 (2:54 PM).
    Bananas

Nature: Relaxed
      As much as Family Guy and American Dad make me laugh, I don't wanna see it change into the same mold a lot of animations are following. I'm not a fan of the show from the originals but it's definitely a well recognized family friendly show that I don't think should be tampered with.
      Old June 4th, 2011 (6:03 PM).
      Dragon Tamer

Nature: Lonely
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
        MacFarlane is an animation nerd. I have hope that he'll respect the series and it won't end up like the Yogi series that was made by the Ren & Stimpy team.

But at the same time... if this is going to end up on FOX primetime, welll....
        Hey Wilma! Remember the time (insert prehistoric expy of well-known celebrity) got involved in that scandal with (insert prehistoric expy of a Republican Seth doesn't like) and ended up with a coma? Rubblepublicans are so retarded! Not like Paleocrats who are geniuses and get to be groomed and petted all day! Nyehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Now that I think of it... Dino will be able to talk, and will start out as the foil to the rest of the family until Seth starts using him as a liberal mouthpiece (now that he can't get away with using Brian as one anymore).
        Old June 4th, 2011 (6:14 PM).
        Bubblegum Betch
        • Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ThisOrTheApocalypse View Post
        As much as Family Guy and American Dad make me laugh, I don't wanna see it change into the same mold a lot of animations are following. I'm not a fan of the show from the originals but it's definitely a well recognized family friendly show that I don't think should be tampered with.
        I don't think it will be. He's restarting it, not re-doing it.

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
        Old June 6th, 2011 (12:59 AM).
        osha osha
        • Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
        I think Seth MacFarlane will stay true the the family oriented quality the show once was. He's really into the love of animation and seems to be a big Flintstones fan. But seeing how it will be on FOX, I'm not so sure if they'd want that and would want more of a mature theme, like the rest of their Sunday line-up.
        I like MacFarlane, but I don't think there was any need to revive the show. The Flintstones has achieved icon status in pop culture and there's not much you can go or do with it.
        Old June 7th, 2011 (6:05 AM).
        Expect me like you expect Jesus.
        • Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
        I might be alone here, but I really hope he does change it into something more Family-Guy-esque. I'm a modern boy, I don't really have a lot of respect for the classics, and I think The Flintstones would be great with that signature McFarlane bite. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old June 12th, 2011 (6:29 AM).
        Frasier says it best

Nature: Relaxed
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Darthrai View Post
          Hey Wilma! Remember the time (insert prehistoric expy of well-known celebrity) got involved in that scandal with (insert prehistoric expy of a Republican Seth doesn't like) and ended up with a coma? Rubblepublicans are so retarded! Not like Paleocrats who are geniuses and get to be groomed and petted all day! Nyehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Now that I think of it... Dino will be able to talk, and will start out as the foil to the rest of the family until Seth starts using him as a liberal mouthpiece (now that he can't get away with using Brian as one anymore).
          You joke, but I can honestly see this happening. Maybe not straight away, for fear of being lambasted by fans of the original and the PTC, but I envisage it slowly turning into Stone Age Family Guy, with Fred being Peter, Wilma being Lois, Barmey being Chris, Dino being Brian, and maybe some new personality for the Betty surrogate, as I can't imagine everyone hating her like they all hate Meg.

Quick Reply