• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
Jack noticed the Snivy on the battlefield but was more concerned with the hit Blade had just received. "Crap" Jack said as he watched Blade slam into the ground struggling to get up.

Obviously he can hit hard close up so lets stay at a distance Jack said this in his head but in one look Blade understood everything he was thinking. Blade stood to his feet and got into a battle stance. "Blade Vacuum Wave" Blade jumped into the air and its blades started to glow white. Then, it began spinning around with its head and its arms extended facing the Raichu fired a tornado from its body at the pokemon.

"Bri , I suggest you get your Snivy to a nurse like right now" Jack said to Brian who was hiding in the bushes but not even lifting his eyes from the battle.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
"Ok, seriously, Brian? I told you to go to ISS. If you just went, your Snivy wouldn't be injured. Now, drop your Snivy off and drag your extremely late butt to ISS."

Turning back to the battle, Mr. Tiranti saw his Raichu on the ground, but the Pokemon got up again. "Thunderbolt!"

A huge bolt of lightning was released from the Raichu's body and the yellow bolt hit Scyther.

"Why does this reaction occur, Jack?" asked Glen. If he gets this wrong, I am going HARD, the biology teacher thought.

Years
The Vacuum Wave hit but Raichu was able to get up and retaliate with a thunderbolt attack which was super effective against Blade."Why does this reaction occur, Jack?" asked Mr. Tiranti but Jack's focus was on Blade "Something about some sort of enzyme" Jack said this rushed as he was more focusing on his next move "Blade Night Slash!" Blade rose from the ground weak but got into his battle stance again. His blades got surrounded by a dark purple aura which Blade then fired off in an X fashion towards Raichu.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri heard Jack and Mr. Tiranti tell him to take Snivy to the nurse. He also heard Mr. Tiranti tell him to go to ISS, again. If Snivy had been paying attention, she'd have gone balistic on the teacher. Bri was almost glad she had something else to think about. Almost. He practicly flew down the hallway to get to the nurse's room.

"Snivy got in the way of a battle and was hit with a very powerful Toxic! Please, you have to help her!" Bri shouted.
"Calm down, sir. We'll take good care of yout Snivy!" the nurse said. She took Snivy into another room. Bri knew he was supposed to go to ISS, but he couldn't leave Snivy like this. He sat down and waited. About 15 minutes later, the nurse came back out.

"She's sleeping comfortably now. We're going to keep her overnight for observation, to make sure we didn't miss anything. She's going to be weak for the next day or so, not at all up to battling. But she'll be just fine. You can go see her if you would like!" the nurse said. Bri nodded, and was led back the where Snivy was. Sure enough, she was asleep, with a contented smile on her face.

"Can I stay here?" Bri asked. He didn't want to leave her. The nurse nodded and left the room. Brian sat down in a chair and waited for her to wake up. Soon, however, he had fallen asleep too.

Musician of Literature

Years
"Wrong," Glen said. We just covered this in class, he needs to get himself in shape, thought the teacher. "Raichu, Agility and then Thunderbolt!"

Raichu ferociously rose into the air, and thunder just released from his body. "Hahaha! Use Slam, now!" The Slam and Thunderbolt combined and caused Scyther to be pounded to the ground. I've won this easily. Don't mess with The Nucleus.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
A man who looked like he was about to go hiking came out of the biology class. He must be the teacher. Alice observed his face. The teacher was even paler than she was!

"Mr. Jacobs, you are not in trouble. This lady who I don't know will be if she doesn't get to the class she needs to be in," he said. So black shirt boy's last name was Jacobs. Alice still didn't know his first name, so for now she made a mental note to refer to him as Jacobs. "Sorry Bri, sorry pretty girl but I have a battle now so see you later," Jacobs said as he followed after the casually dressed bio teacher. Alice turned and watched them. Bri's Snivy ran after them, and so Bri chased after her.

"I'd better go after her! She'll get me in even more trouble! See you later, Alice!" Bri exclaimed as he ran down the hall. Alice continued watching them till they were out of sight. She looked around at the walls in the hallway. She noticed several large vents scattered around. Hmmm, could these be used for something? "Return," Alice said, holding out a pokéball. Jem jumped off her shoulder and avoided the red beam. "Vulpix!" he exclaimed, angry.

"I know I don't ever return you-" she paused after realizing how loud she was. "I know I don't ever return you unless you're hurt, but I need to see something," she finished in a whisper. She tried again, and Jem complied this time. In a red flash, Jem returned to his ball. Alice pulled a nearby garbage can and turned it over. Some of the garbage in it spilled out, but it wasn't enough garbage to get everywhere. Alice stood on the upside down garbage can and looked into the vent. She pried it open and crawled inside. She placed the cover down as softly as possible so that she wouldn't let it make a loud bang! It was crammed in the airways, but still big enough for her to crawl through it. It went on straight ahead for several yards, and then there was a fork in the road. Two more paths. One went left, the other right. Alice crawled till she made it to the forked path, and looked at both ways. It was hard to breathe in here, but Alice didn't really know why she came in here in the first place.

I guess it's so I can find ways to get to other places quicker, she concluded. Instead of exploring either direction, she crawled backward till she made it to the opening again. Picking up the cover, Alice lowered herself onto the garbage can and closed the vent, making sure it looked the same as it had been before she went inside of it. Alice jumped off the garbage can and turned it back over. The garbage was unholy, let's just put it at that. She picked it up anyway in several armfuls and returned it to the can.

Alice turned to the door of the bio class, and took a deep breath. She walked over to it and opened it, just a bit. When she realized everybody turned to look at her, she opened it all the way to avoid looking stupid. She walked into the class and looked at the students. "What are you looking at?!" she asked in exasperation. Alice walked to a desk in the middle of the class and realized she had forgotten her backpack, which had all of her materials. And she smelled like ****. She turned on the lab sink and rinsed her hands off, still getting many stares. She glared up at them, and they looked away.

Years
(OOC: Your practically Godmodding this battle but since you have higher level pokemon i'm not going to get completely upset)

"Crap" Jack could only watch as his strongest pokemon Blade was utterly destroyed by Mr. Tiranti's Raichu. Jack walked over to Blade got down on his and checked to see if Blade was alright [Sorry Jack] "No problem buddy" Jack returned Blade to his pokeball before returning to the side of the battlefield. "Ok Mr T. Time to rock and roll!!" Jack threw a pokeball into the air releasing Rocky his Onix. The rock snake let out a load roar [finally out of that pokeball]

"Ok Rocky use Bind" shouted Jack as the Onix charged towards Raichu in an attempt to wrap his tail around the electric mouse.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
(OOC: Can you please state what happens? Did toxic hit Leafy and is he/she poisoned or did it just hit the Stun Spore...?)

[Outside Battle; Wallace v Ace]

"Argh, that was quite impressive, but now...Leafy, run to the Very Long Grass over there!" Wallace watched as Lombre ran into the grass what was he up to?

"Now, use Nature Power!" Another Nature Power? This guy definitely had something planned and it wasn't good. "Razor Leaf that is! Lets, see how can you dodge it, Leafy, jump and prepare for Leech Seed!" Ace yelled to his Lombre which meant Wallace hard to think fast.

Wallace thought about how the Toxic would destroy those leaves, "Toxic!" Lome coughed up more purple goo which spread over most of the razor sharp leaves that sped towards her. Unfortunately Lome didn't cover all of them which left her wide open for some to hit her. They sent her flying on her back, "Lome get up! If he uses Leech Seed we'll use Toxic to destroy it. We cannot let it touch us!" Lome got up and prepared and mouthful of Toxic just in case Leafy decided to use Leech Seed and if he didn't they would just have a free Toxic to use.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
(Sorry guys for not replying in awhile, sheesh this RP has gotten busy.)

Diiiiiiiiing! Diiiiiiiing!
As Nathan heard the bell ring it was heaven. The teacher looked puzzled as he wondered where the time flew. "Thanks god that is over." Nathan groaned, "now I hope I can go outside and get some fresh air!"

Nathan quickly rushed outside zooming through the cafeteria on the way. As he reached the fresh air of outside he couldn't help but run, he didn't know where he was going but he ran, with the wind ruffling through his hair until he finally stopped, panting like a lilipup. "Gib Gib." Gible laughed. "Shus- puff - shush" Nathan giggled and gasped for breath I was hoping you know gible, that I can catch a pokemon. "Gib?" Gible looked interested. "I'm looking for a Starly, and I was wondering if you wanted to come and help me out on capturing it? I've seen some around here and they seem pretty experienced. If I could catch one I am sure I'd be prefect for battle." "GIB GIB GIB!" Gible screamed in excitement. 'Alright let's go."

Nathan rushed towards the dense forrest, passing many battles, there seemed to be absols flying everyhwere and vulpix's shooting flames. Nathan wanted to battle, but he knew if he caugh the starly he'd be all set for his next one. Nathan took out his pokedex and scanned the area.. "Allrriiight, there should be some right here." he stated. Rustle Rustle. A bush nearby shook. "That must be it Gible, dragon rage the Bush!" Nathan cried. Gible did as commanded and shot out a sharp Dragon Rage. "CHERUBI CHEB CHEB!" To Nathan and gibe's misfortune it wasn't a starly but in fact a cherubi which was now terrible angry. Sharp seeds shot from it's mouth and hit Nathan smack on the bottom. "Ow you little brat." Nathan yelled. "Gible lets go." Nathan said and they ran off quickly in hope the cherubi wouldn't find them again.

"Phew now that was hectic" Nathan gasped. Nathan looked at the gorund at his shoes, they were all filthy. "Ugh." Nathan moaned disgusted. However, next to his filthy shoe was a feather, it seemed to be a starly feather. "Hmm, there's one nearby." Nathan claimed and walked around looking for more feathers. He found another one and another until there wa a trail, it seemed the trail led to a pond hidden amongst the dense shrubs. "This is a neat training ground." Nathan said, "It's got everything; water, a flat plain, rocky terrain and dense treetops. Perfect for all conditions." He looked over at the water and could faintly see magikarp flopping at the bottom. Along with that in the reflection he saw a starly drinking quielty on the other side. "There we go." Nathan siad joyfully, "you're mine."

"Gible I need you to hide in the bushes and slash it from behind okay." "Gib." gible agreed and it hid in the bushes behind the thristy pokemon. Nathan clicked his fingers and the starly looked up curiously, but didn't flee it just stood there are stared. Once it was distracted gible, lept from behind the bushes and slashed it right in the back. "Great work!" Nathan yelled. However, the starly was furious, and now it wanted revenge. It flew up and scraped the edge of the water's surface of the pond with it's wing creating a wave of water that splashed all over gible. "GIIIIB" it jumped and yelled. The Starly hovered in the air waiting for a next opportunity to attack. "Gible use Sandstorm." Nathan commanded and gible followed through with a ragin sandstorm. It hit the starly making it tumbled into tree branch. "Now dragon rage." Nathan screamed, but the starly pecked at the tree branch and it snapped off, it then hurled it towards gible with a fearsome whirlwind. "Dodge it!" Nathan ordered, and gible just avoided it with only a scrape to it's leg. "Now follow through with that dragon rage." Gible squirted an intense dragon rage at the foe. It was a direct hit. The starly, tired and weak moaned and slowly got up, it started to glow annd started to pulse. It's body shape changed and it finally stopped. "Staravia!" it screamed and flew off fleeing. "Oh great." Nathan said in frustration. "We'll get it next time I suppose." Nathan and Gible decided to head back and watch some of the intense battles that they passed earlier.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
(OOC: Is there a certain schedule for the academy?)

I stared at the oncoming island, the large school and volcano fairly visible now. I closed my eyes, thinking of the fun I'll have. I opened my eyes and let out my three pokemon. Each greeted me and walked to the railing, somewhat excited as I was. Oddly enough, I was the only one on this late ship and I could already tell I might get some crap for it.

"Hello," I heard the captain say over the intercom. "We have now reached Oak Island, please grab your possessions and exit the boat carefully." I nodded to my pokemon, letting Chomp jump onto my shoulder and headed for the staircase. Thoughts now started racing through my head.

What kind of people will I meet? What will be my classes? I reached the bottom and started for the school. I could feel my heart beating faster as I went. Harmony rubbed against my leg, knowing what my thoughts were. I sighed and knelt down, petting each of the pokemon before heading on.

I walked through the doors, thoughts now overwhelming. I headed for the desk in a hurry and asked the secretary for my stuff. She gave me a scowl, asking for my name. "Kellyn," I answered, watching as she went through her paperwork.

She came out with a sheet of paper, apparently my schedule, and reached under the desk for a yellow jacket. "I suggest heading to your dorm," she said, "And I recommend not being late again." I nodded to her and left for the dorm.

Makbets

Cookie Lover
Years
(Hit the Stun Spore obviously.)

"Heh, your Pokemon is a little Injured but not enough to faint..." Ace said."Anyways...time to use our new Technique.." Ace said. "Leafy, Spin over that Bird!" Ace shouted. Leafy spins over Lome. "Now Leech Seed time!" Ace shouted. Lombre shoots very much seeds from the hole on its head towards the opponent while Spinning. "Argh.." Ace was a little nervous. "I hope Lombre will land safely.." Ace said it very quietly.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
As Nathan returned to the battle fields one battle in particular caught his eye. It involved a peculiar Lombre, and it was the pokemon of the trainer who he had battled the day before. "Hrmm, let's see some of his techniques." Nathan siad interested. Gible was tired, it was gasping and was somewhat still wet. Pop. "Chim Chim" Chimchar popped out it's poke'ball. "Chimchar can you heat gile up and dry it with a gentle firepunch?" Nathan asked nicely. "Char." Chimchar did so happily and placed it's hand on gible's stomach. A red glow made it's way around gible and the water droplets that remained from the starly had now quickly dissapeared. "Thanks a bunch, do you wanna stay around a watch this battle? I'll get turwig too." Pop. Turtwig came out of it's pokeball."Let's all watch this battle and observe the trainer on the left and is lombre, let's analyse his techniques. Later we shall practice yeah? "Char Char, Gib. Twig" they all agreed and sat happily munching on pokemon food that Nathan gave them shortly afterwards.

Musician of Literature

Years
(OOC: Your practically Godmodding this battle but since you have higher level pokemon i'm not going to get completely upset)

"Crap" Jack could only watch as his strongest pokemon Blade was utterly destroyed by Mr. Tiranti's Raichu. Jack walked over to Blade got down on his and checked to see if Blade was alright [Sorry Jack] "No problem buddy" Jack returned Blade to his pokeball before returning to the side of the battlefield. "Ok Mr T. Time to rock and roll!!" Jack threw a pokeball into the air releasing Rocky his Onix. The rock snake let out a load roar [finally out of that pokeball]

"Ok Rocky use Bind" shouted Jack as the Onix charged towards Raichu in an attempt to wrap his tail around the electric mouse.

Aw, crap, thought Mr. Tiranti as he saw the rock-snake Pokemon appear from his student's Pokeball.

"Raichu, use-"

Too late. The Onix had already binded to Raichu.

This is not good. I need to change my strategy, thought the teacher.

"Brick Break!"

Raichu tried to move his tail to perform the move, however the Onix was too powerful and the tail would not budge. Raichu kept trying, and eventually released himself. However, the release was too powerful, as the Pokemon banged into a tree.

"You've got to be KIDDING me!" yelled Mr. Tiranti.

Raichu was now on the ground, feeling weakened.

Unleash that ATP, Raichu.

"All right, Grass Knot!"

The Raichu flung a knot of grass at Rocky and then wrapped it around his tail, and tried to flip him over. That didn't work.

At least I weakened him.

Years
"Crap" Jack had to watch as Raichu broke free of Onix's bind attack and watched as the electric mouse unleashed a grass knot attack tripping Rocky to the ground flat on his face. "Come on Rocky get up" Jack urged his Onix to rise after being hit by the grass type move. And as Rocky was able to recover he was looking weak.

"Ok rocky use Rock throw" Onix slammed his tail into the ground and a large boulder rose from the ground which Rocky then hit with its tail sending it flying towards the Raichu.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
(OOC: It wasn't obvious so don't try to say it was. If I use an attack clearly state whether or not it hit.)

"Anyways...time to use our new Technique.." What was this guy talking about some new technique? Wallace watched Ace and his Lombre carefully he didn't want any surprises.

"Leafy, Spin over that Bird!" Did he just say spin over a bird? Did he not realize that birds could fly? He was about to learn the hard way..\\

"Ha. Lome fly over Lombre!"

"Now Leech Seed time!"

The seeds hit the space where Lome used to be and now that she was hovering over the Lombre, "Follow him! As soon as he gets close to landing Aerial Ace!" Wallace knew that all that spinning would take Lombre a second and that second is all they needed. Ace watched as Lome started into her Aerial Ace from she dived into it which increased her speed and her power if it hit. Wallace wondered how long this battle would go on for Lome had already suffered a Razor Leaf. This Trainer was good he had dodged all of their attacks Wallace needed to land a hit and soon.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I stepped out of Raikou Dorm, ready for a great first day. I had a sense of readiness that was easily shown by the new yellow jacket. I now had my usual torn-up jeans on with the unzipped jacket, easily showing my black shirt. I walked out across the field towards the battles I saw in the distance.

The closest battle consisted of an old man, probably one of the teachers, with his Raichu against a student and his Onix. Well, it obvious who has the advantage, I thought. That was until I looked again. Both Pokemon were greatly weakened, their stress showing through. The Raichu did that? Part of me was confused, though eventually I realized the teacher had more experience. I walked away, guessing the obvious outcome of the battle.

I walked to the next one. It was a fair battle compared to the earlier one. It had a Vullaby against a Lombre. This battle had already attracted another student who was sitting with his Pokemon. I decided to sit close to him and released my own partners. Each started to look at the battle and than to the trainer beside us.

"Who's winning?" I asked the kid.

Musician of Literature

Years
"Crap" Jack had to watch as Raichu broke free of Onix's bind attack and watched as the electric mouse unleashed a grass knot attack tripping Rocky to the ground flat on his face. "Come on Rocky get up" Jack urged his Onix to rise after being hit by the grass type move. And as Rocky was able to recover he was looking weak.

"Ok rocky use Rock throw" Onix slammed his tail into the ground and a large boulder rose from the ground which Rocky then hit with its tail sending it flying towards the Raichu.

Nooooooo! thought the teacher.

Then, he thought of an idea.

"Brick Break!"

The boulder was crushed, and became a portion of the ground.

Raichu stood on it, and a new power surged in him. He used Grass Knot again, this time much more powerful.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
A young lady sporting long wavy blonde hair, a short white skirt, and a purple blouse entered the immediate area of the battle taking place between a Raichu and an Onix looking rather lost. A dratini was curled up in her arms, apparently having just woken up from the sounds of battle by the looks of it. She stopped for a moment, distracted by what is going on regarding the battle before she headed on her way to join the others near the sidelines. She didn't immediately say anything, though she glanced around at the people present occasionally. Despite this, she avoided holding eye contact for more than a moment, diverting her attention if looked at.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Nathan looked over to another battle which seemed to be quite dramatic. It appeared to be a battle between a quite large Onix and a Raichu. He could see the Raichu was strong since it cheecks where blazing with electricity constantly. "Nice." Nathan said nodding his head slightly, but the raichu was at a huge disadvantage so Nathan was sort of puzzled there in that aspect. Shortly afterwards however, it used brick break and it all made sense.

Years
The Raichu had foiled Jack's efforts again but there was no way Jack was going to allow the mouse pokemon to take out two of his own. Jack realised that a crowd was forming and was hoping to finally take the upper hand in this match. The Raichu meanwhile had unleashed another grass knot attack.

"Rocky use Rock Polish" Jack shouted as the Onix's body began to glow white "Now dodge it and use Tackle" Onix was much quicker than before and was able to avoid the knot then charged towards the Raichu with his tackle attack.

Back