Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #451    
Old August 26th, 2012 (6:54 PM).
~RNC~'s Avatar
~RNC~ ~RNC~ is offline
Mother Of All Pokemon!!
     
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Location: Surfing With Blastoise!!
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 8,727
    Hope this is the right spot for this, but I have check the net with no luck, can some one tell me how to get a machop with egg moves bullet punch and close combat??
    __________________
    My Trading Thread ---> HERE
    I Clone 6th & 7th Gen.
    Name: ~RNC~ 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Psychic: Espurr, Giraffic and Grumpig
    My Thread Review ---> HERE

    Relevant Advertising!

      #452    
    Old August 26th, 2012 (8:54 PM).
    Hikamaru's Avatar
    Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
    Sacred Hearts Club
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Australia
    Age: 24
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 46,355
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
    Hope this is the right spot for this, but I have check the net with no luck, can some one tell me how to get a machop with egg moves bullet punch and close combat??
    This one's a bit simple, all you need is to breed a female Machop/Machoke/Machamp with a Hitmonchan.

    Hitmonchan learns Bullet Punch by move relearner while Close Combat is learned at Level 66.

    Breed the female Machop/Machoke/Machamp with Hitmonchan and you shall get an egg which will hatch into a Machop knowing Bullet Punch and Close Combat.
    __________________
    pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
      #453    
    Old August 26th, 2012 (8:58 PM).
    ~RNC~'s Avatar
    ~RNC~ ~RNC~ is offline
    Mother Of All Pokemon!!
       
      Join Date: Dec 2006
      Location: Surfing With Blastoise!!
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 8,727
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
      This one's a bit simple, all you need is to breed a female Machop/Machoke/Machamp with a Hitmonchan.

      Hitmonchan learns Bullet Punch by move relearner while Close Combat is learned at Level 66.

      Breed the female Machop/Machoke/Machamp with Hitmonchan and you shall get an egg which will hatch into a Machop knowing Bullet Punch and Close Combat.
      Thank you so much for that, I have been going through my head for an hour or more over this!! Now how about this one?? A pichu with fake out and volt tackle??
      __________________
      My Trading Thread ---> HERE
      I Clone 6th & 7th Gen.
      Name: ~RNC~ 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Psychic: Espurr, Giraffic and Grumpig
      My Thread Review ---> HERE
        #454    
      Old August 26th, 2012 (9:43 PM).
      PlatinumDude's Avatar
      PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
      Nyeh?
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Canada
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 12,832
      Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
      Thank you so much for that, I have been going through my head for an hour or more over this!! Now how about this one?? A pichu with fake out and volt tackle??
      The mother must be a Pikachu or Raichu here, since Pichu can't breed. The father must also have Fake Out. Candidates include, but are not limited to: Smeargle (obviously), Glameow, Meowth and Nuzleaf. Have one of the parents hold the Light Ball too.
      __________________

        #455    
      Old August 27th, 2012 (4:02 PM).
      ~RNC~'s Avatar
      ~RNC~ ~RNC~ is offline
      Mother Of All Pokemon!!
         
        Join Date: Dec 2006
        Location: Surfing With Blastoise!!
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 8,727
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
        The mother must be a Pikachu or Raichu here, since Pichu can't breed. The father must also have Fake Out. Candidates include, but are not limited to: Smeargle (obviously), Glameow, Meowth and Nuzleaf. Have one of the parents hold the Light Ball too.
        I tried a smeargle and it says they prefer to play with others.
        __________________
        My Trading Thread ---> HERE
        I Clone 6th & 7th Gen.
        Name: ~RNC~ 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Psychic: Espurr, Giraffic and Grumpig
        My Thread Review ---> HERE
          #456    
        Old August 27th, 2012 (5:36 PM).
        PlatinumDude's Avatar
        PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
        Nyeh?
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2010
        Location: Canada
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 12,832
        Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
        I tried a smeargle and it says they prefer to play with others.
        This means that both parent Pokemon still have a chance of producing an egg, but there is a lower chance of doing so than when the parents belong to different trainers. What I mean is that if both Pokemon have different ID numbers (for instance, if one is yours and the other belongs to someone else), then they'll have a higher chance of producing an egg.

        You'll have to ask someone here to trade you the appropriate parent Pokemon.
        __________________

          #457    
        Old August 29th, 2012 (1:16 PM).
        Mr.goodtrips's Avatar
        Mr.goodtrips Mr.goodtrips is offline
        Gunslinger
           
          Join Date: Aug 2012
          Age: 29
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 4
          Hey all,
          Let me start out by saying I'm new here, but I've heard good things about ya'll. So here I am.

          Anywho, I'm looking to build an all ghost team for my next rematch against the Elite Four (Yes I know Karen is going to whoop my butt). So I'm looking for any advise and/or helpful hints anyone might have in regards to choosing the pokemon, which moves to teach, and anything else along those lines. the only requirements I have for the team is that they all have to be at least part ghost, and no repeats.

          Thanks in advance for any help/advise.
            #458    
          Old August 29th, 2012 (11:14 PM).
          Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
          Mr Cat Dog Mr Cat Dog is offline
          Frasier says it best
             
            Join Date: Apr 2004
            Location: London, UK
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 11,403
            Hi, and welcome to PC! Please use the 4th Gen Help Thread for questions of a simple nature such as this one. I'mma move this there now. :D

            Moving on up
            __________________
              #459    
            Old August 30th, 2012 (9:43 AM).
            Mr.goodtrips's Avatar
            Mr.goodtrips Mr.goodtrips is offline
            Gunslinger
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Age: 29
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 4
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
              Hi, and welcome to PC! Please use the 4th Gen Help Thread for questions of a simple nature such as this one. I'mma move this there now. :D

              Moving on up
              Haha... oops! Thanks for putting me in right place.
              __________________
              The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
                #460    
              Old September 8th, 2012 (12:35 PM). Edited September 8th, 2012 by kenshin-.
              kenshin-'s Avatar
              kenshin- kenshin- is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Location: Belgium
                Age: 33
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 67
                I tried the insect's catching competition.

                I was with Gastly to catch a Scyther (not to win this competition but to have a scyther in my team). Finally, I found one.

                My Gastly Level 21
                Scyther Level 13

                In one strike, he beat my Gastly... ********

                But now, the guy near the door say to me the competition of the day is finished, come another time.

                I try to change de date of my dsi (I change to the date of tuesday > another competition's day in the week) but when I come, he say to me, the competition of the day is finished.

                Do I really have to wait until Tuesday to be able to try to catch my scyther ?

                Either have I make an error?

                I saved. Restarted the console. Changed the date. Restarted the game. Spoken to the type.

                Should I do : Save. Restart the console. Change the date. Restart the game. Save on Tuesday. Restart the game. Before speaking to him ?

                Thanks for your help.


                (I know there's the "trade" but with my box, I cant use the wep key, so I'm in WPA key and my dsi know only the wep key system). >>> no trade able for me until my provider give us an firmware update.



                EDIT : I read that I can find Mankey on road 34. On an other website, I read Mankey are only on road 09 and 42. Finally, where should I go to find one ? (Because I was on road 34 during about 40 minutes irl and I didn't find Mankey.
                __________________
                I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
                Black team :
                  #461    
                Old September 8th, 2012 (12:46 PM).
                vaporeon7's Avatar
                vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
                My life would suck without you
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 5,154
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
                I tried the insect's catching competition.

                I was with Gastly ^^ to catch a Scyther (not to win this competition but to have a scyther in my team). Finally, I found one.

                My Gastly Level 21
                Scyther Level 13

                In one strike, he beat my Gastly... ********

                But now, the guy near the door say to me the competition of the day is finished, come another time.

                I try to change de date of my dsi (I change to the date of tuesday > another competition's day in the week) but when I come, he say to me, the competition of the day is finished.

                Do I really have to wait until Tuesday to be able to try to catch my scyther ?

                Either have I make an error?

                I saved. Restarted the console. Changed the date. Restarted the game. Spoken to the type.

                Should I do : Save. Restart the console. Change the date. Restart the game. Save on Tuesday. Restart the game. Before speaking to him ?

                Thanks for your help.


                (I know there's the "trade" but with my box, I cant use the wep key, so I'm in WPA key and my dsi know only the wep key system). >>> no trade able for me until my provider give us an firmware update.
                Change the DS clock to 11:58pm or something close to midnight on Monday, then enter your game and let the day tick over and walk in and out of the building and you should be allowed to do it.
                __________________
                  #462    
                Old September 9th, 2012 (3:37 AM).
                kenshin-'s Avatar
                kenshin- kenshin- is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2012
                  Location: Belgium
                  Age: 33
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 67
                  I'll try this when I come back to my home. I thought about wait until Tuesday, come in the building, save, start the competition. (restart the console and replay if I don't catch a Scyther >>> Just like a researcher of Shiny).

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kenshin-"
                  I read that I can find Mankey on road 34. On an other website, I read Mankey are only on road 09 and 42. Finally, where should I go to find one ? (Because I was on road 34 during about 40 minutes irl and I didn't find Mankey.
                  __________________
                  I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
                  Black team :
                    #463    
                  Old September 9th, 2012 (7:18 AM).
                  Hikamaru's Avatar
                  Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
                  Sacred Hearts Club
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                  Location: Australia
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 46,355
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
                  I read that I can find Mankey on road 34. On an other website, I read Mankey are only on road 09 and 42. Finally, where should I go to find one ? (Because I was on road 34 during about 40 minutes irl and I didn't find Mankey.
                  Mankey are found on Routes 9 and 42, and only if you're playing HeartGold.

                  They aren't found on Route 34.
                  __________________
                  pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
                    #464    
                  Old September 10th, 2012 (4:50 AM). Edited September 11th, 2012 by kenshin-.
                  kenshin-'s Avatar
                  kenshin- kenshin- is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2012
                    Location: Belgium
                    Age: 33
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 67
                    I'm playing to HeartGold, and I don't find one mankey on these roads (34 now, I know it's normal) (42 maybe I should try in the evening...).

                    I'll try this when I come back.

                    Thanks, I know now, I tried more than 2 hours just for nothing.

                    I will edit my post if it's alright with road 09 or 42.

                    EDIT : It's ok, I've found a Mankey on road 42 after some research...
                    __________________
                    I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
                    Black team :
                      #465    
                    Old September 13th, 2012 (3:28 PM). Edited September 13th, 2012 by Mr.goodtrips.
                    Mr.goodtrips's Avatar
                    Mr.goodtrips Mr.goodtrips is offline
                    Gunslinger
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2012
                      Age: 29
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 4
                      Does anyone know how to breed a Spiritomb that knows both Curse and Pain Split? I've been trying with a male Misdreavus that knows both moves and a female Spiritomb that knows Pain split, but the only one that comes through from the breeding is Pain Split. Do both parents need to know Curse? or is there something else I'm missing?
                      __________________
                      The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
                        #466    
                      Old September 13th, 2012 (4:45 PM).
                      PlatinumDude's Avatar
                      PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                      Nyeh?
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2010
                      Location: Canada
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 12,832
                      Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mr.goodtrips View Post
                      Does anyone know how to breed a Spiritomb that knows both Curse and Pain Split? I've been trying with a male Misdreavus that knows both moves and a female Spiritomb that knows Pain split, but the only one that comes through from the breeding is Pain Split. Do both parents need to know Curse? or is there something else I'm missing?
                      If you don't mind my asking, why Curse + Pain Split?

                      Anyway, to answer the question, Curse is one of Spiritomb's Heart Scale moves (the first 4 moves it has are Pursuit, Confuse Ray, Spite and Shadow Sneak; it's kind of unnecessary for the parent Pokemon to have Curse) and must be relearned from the move maniac/relearner. (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong here)
                      __________________

                        #467    
                      Old September 13th, 2012 (8:11 PM).
                      Mr.goodtrips's Avatar
                      Mr.goodtrips Mr.goodtrips is offline
                      Gunslinger
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2012
                        Age: 29
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 4
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
                        If you don't mind my asking, why Curse + Pain Split?

                        Anyway, to answer the question, Curse is one of Spiritomb's Heart Scale moves (the first 4 moves it has are Pursuit, Confuse Ray, Spite and Shadow Sneak; it's kind of unnecessary for the parent Pokemon to have Curse) and must be relearned from the move maniac/relearner. (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong here)
                        I want Curse + Pain Split because I want to see if it's a useful/valid combo for dealing with troublesome opponents.
                        __________________
                        The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
                          #468    
                        Old September 13th, 2012 (10:57 PM).
                        Magm4r's Avatar
                        Magm4r Magm4r is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 12
                          I'm looking for a good Ground or Normal type, catchable in Pokémon Heart gold! Somebody recommendations?
                          __________________
                          U just got magmarized!
                            #469    
                          Old September 13th, 2012 (11:13 PM).
                          gimmepie's Avatar
                          gimmepie gimmepie is offline
                          Splash!!!
                          • Moderator
                          • Platinum Tier
                          • PokéCommunity Daily
                           
                          Join Date: May 2012
                          Location: Australia
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Mild
                          Posts: 15,492
                          It depends on where you are up to but for normal
                          Clefable - Good move pool with reasonable stats and it has magic guard a very useful ability.

                          Ursaring/Tauros - Both have rather good stats, move pools and abilities.

                          As for ground you have some great powerhouses like Rhydon/Ryhperior and Donphan and some lesser yet still reasonable ones like Gliscor (which has a good typing with few weaknesses). There's also good defensive pokemon like Steelix and if you trade it over from diamond/pearl/platinum hippowdon.
                          __________________
                            #470    
                          Old September 13th, 2012 (11:48 PM).
                          curiousnathan's Avatar
                          curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2009
                          Location: Australia
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 7,828
                          Please use the Fourth Generation Help Thread for quick questions like these.

                          Moved.
                          __________________
                          Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
                            #471    
                          Old September 19th, 2012 (9:14 PM).
                          Jeikobu's Avatar
                          Jeikobu Jeikobu is offline
                          God's beloved child
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2003
                            Location: In God's timing, Japan!
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 474
                            Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
                            Ok I've wondered about this for a while. Right before I get to Mio Town (sorry, don't know the English version name), near the ghost tower on the route, there's a ditch with rocks and stairs, and there's not enough space to power up a bike jump to get over to the other side. Then again in Champion Road (Victory Road) there's a spot where I have to try to clear a rock with a ramp, but there's not enough space to speed up and clear it with the bicycle on fast setting, and if I use the slow setting the jump isn't big enough and I land in front of the rock instead of over it. What should I do?
                            __________________
                            "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


                            Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

                            Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
                              #472    
                            Old September 19th, 2012 (9:22 PM).
                            ~RNC~'s Avatar
                            ~RNC~ ~RNC~ is offline
                            Mother Of All Pokemon!!
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2006
                              Location: Surfing With Blastoise!!
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 8,727
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
                              Ok I've wondered about this for a while. Right before I get to Mio Town (sorry, don't know the English version name), near the ghost tower on the route, there's a ditch with rocks and stairs, and there's not enough space to power up a bike jump to get over to the other side. Then again in Champion Road (Victory Road) there's a spot where I have to try to clear a rock with a ramp, but there's not enough space to speed up and clear it with the bicycle on fast setting, and if I use the slow setting the jump isn't big enough and I land in front of the rock instead of over it. What should I do?
                              If you want to know the truth, only if you don't need it, there is only a calcium behind that rock!!
                              __________________
                              My Trading Thread ---> HERE
                              I Clone 6th & 7th Gen.
                              Name: ~RNC~ 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Psychic: Espurr, Giraffic and Grumpig
                              My Thread Review ---> HERE
                                #473    
                              Old September 24th, 2012 (12:00 PM).
                              ThatIceman's Avatar
                              ThatIceman ThatIceman is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2012
                                Posts: 62
                                just as the title says what is the diffirence between every pokedex in the 4th generation games (diamond/pearl/plantinum/HH/SS) and also the diffirence of Diamond and pearl and HH and SS (HHSS/DP) like in diamond and pearl diffirence are .. maps or something?
                                  #474    
                                Old September 24th, 2012 (3:20 PM).
                                Rainbow Arcanine's Avatar
                                Rainbow Arcanine Rainbow Arcanine is offline
                                now known as aslan
                                • Gold Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2012
                                Location: Australia
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 636
                                Do you mean what the difference is between the versions? Well the point of a second version is not a different map or region but version exclusive Pokemon.For example,in Diamond you can find a Murkrow while in Pearl you'd find Misdreavus in Eterna Forest instead.

                                Even though D/P/Pt and HG/SS are in the same generation, they don't have the same regional Pokedex. Since HG/SS are remakes of the GBC game Gold and Silver, they take on the Johto Pokedex.

                                D/P/Pt being set in Sinnoh takes on the Sinnoh Pokedex. So I hope this clears it up,if you're still not sure you can VM me and I'll try explain it .
                                __________________
                                pineapples are cool.

                                  #475    
                                Old September 24th, 2012 (5:06 PM).
                                curiousnathan's Avatar
                                curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2009
                                Location: Australia
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 7,828
                                This type of question's home is the Fourth Gen Help Thread, so please feel free to use that next time, as simple questions like these don't warrant their own thread. Thanks.

                                Moved.
                                __________________
                                Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
                                Closed Thread
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:49 AM.