Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #951    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (10:29 PM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
     
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Finding new Challenges !!
    Age: 28
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 3,015
    Yes as you could trade with X and Y with Soul Silver, I would also recommend you to get it. That will help you spend time till X and Y and you could be able to play with your Soul Silver team in Kalos too. Imagine seeing Ampharos follow you in Soul Silver and then in X and Y , it could become a Dragon type as well or you could ride on it too maybe.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #952    
    Old August 25th, 2013 (2:42 PM).
    Solidu5 Solidu5 is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1
      In Diamond, I KO'd Mesprit and lost the opportunity to catch it. I googled around and saw that Legendaries respawn after you defeat the E4 and the champion, but Mesprit still doesn't respawn after I beat them many times. Any help? or is it just a misconception and I lost Mesprit forever?
        #953    
      Old August 25th, 2013 (4:00 PM).
      Swagroar Swagroar is offline
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Location: Pennsylvania
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 6,208
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Solidu5 View Post
      In Diamond, I KO'd Mesprit and lost the opportunity to catch it. I googled around and saw that Legendaries respawn after you defeat the E4 and the champion, but Mesprit still doesn't respawn after I beat them many times. Any help? or is it just a misconception and I lost Mesprit forever?
      Sorry, but yes. Only in Platinum do they respawn. =(
      __________________
      Azurilland - (The Southern Island) | Twitter
      Wedlocke Challenge | Wonderlocke Challenge | Generation V Fan Club
        #954    
      Old August 30th, 2013 (7:52 PM).
      xxarmando's Avatar
      xxarmando xxarmando is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Florida
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 21
        Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to check Pokemon's via Pokechecker on Pokemon Platinum. I own a 3DS.

        All help appreciated,

        Armando.
        __________________
        Pokemon Y friend Code Armando- 3738 - 0810 - 8294
        Dark Safari (Sneasel, Mightyena, Liepard)
        Please send me a PM after you add me So I can add you back!

        Art by Themrock
          #955    
        Old September 3rd, 2013 (2:38 PM).
        Kami Oni's Avatar
        Kami Oni Kami Oni is offline
        The Pokemon Breeder Anime Fan
           
          Join Date: Jun 2013
          Location: New Orleans L.A.
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 6
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by James. View Post
          You have at least six Pokemon in a Box in your game that you want to migrate to your SoulSilver?

          None of your cartridges show up with the option to migrate?

          None of your cartridges are from a different region than your SoulSilver game, correct?

          Are your cartridges being recognized by your DS? (you can play your games on your DS)
          Yes the gameboy advance Fire red is recognized on my DS there is more then 6 in the box but it just wont show migrate on the options in the main menu and its in Kanto
            #956    
          Old September 5th, 2013 (12:45 AM). Edited September 5th, 2013 by Mohammad Adil.
          Mohammad Adil's Avatar
          Mohammad Adil Mohammad Adil is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2013
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 3
            i'm playing pokemon platinum and i am in hearthome city and my team is:
            gortle lvl 24 (rash nature\ moves: bite - curse - absorbe - razor leaf) ability: overgrow
            buneary lvl 25 (serious nature\ moves: quick attack - cut - frustration - jump kick) ability:klutz
            psyduck lvl 24 (brave nature\ moves: disable - confusion - rock smash - water pulse) ability:damp
            drifloon lvl 26 (hasty nature\ moves: payback - astonish - gust - scoptile) ability:unburden
            and i have too:
            ralts(female) lvl17 (timid nature\ moves:confusion-douple team-teleport-luchy chant) ability:trace
            togepi lvl 5 (rash nature\ moves: charm - growl) ability:hustle
            i want to add riolu and houndour
            but i'm confused wich one should i pick for the perfect balanced team
            can you help me to decide what should i do ..
            (i think i need another water type instead of psyduck .. right??)
            __________________
            my pokemon fire red team :
            i miss you and i will never forget you
              #957    
            Old September 5th, 2013 (10:28 PM).
            XeroNos's Avatar
            XeroNos XeroNos is offline
               
              Join Date: Jan 2011
              Location: Finding new Challenges !!
              Age: 28
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 3,015
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mohammad Adil View Post
              i'm playing pokemon platinum and i am in hearthome city and my team is:
              gortle lvl 24 (rash nature\ moves: bite - curse - absorbe - razor leaf) ability: overgrow
              buneary lvl 25 (serious nature\ moves: quick attack - cut - frustration - jump kick) ability:klutz
              psyduck lvl 24 (brave nature\ moves: disable - confusion - rock smash - water pulse) ability:damp
              drifloon lvl 26 (hasty nature\ moves: payback - astonish - gust - scoptile) ability:unburden
              and i have too:
              ralts(female) lvl17 (timid nature\ moves:confusion-douple team-teleport-luchy chant) ability:trace
              togepi lvl 5 (rash nature\ moves: charm - growl) ability:hustle
              i want to add riolu and houndour
              but i'm confused wich one should i pick for the perfect balanced team
              can you help me to decide what should i do ..
              (i think i need another water type instead of psyduck .. right??)
              I think you should add both of them and remove Buneary in your team. Buneary is cute but it's battling in platinum which will help you complete the game
                #958    
              Old September 7th, 2013 (12:28 AM).
              Precious Tears Precious Tears is offline
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2008
                Posts: 1,255
                Hello guys, I would like to ask questions!

                When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated?
                Is it upon during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, like in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
                If so, is Suicine's generated along with Entei and Raikou?

                Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and that creepy cave respectively after you defeated them on first try. So the question is, will their IVs and Natures get reset during this second attempt?
                  #959    
                Old September 8th, 2013 (2:40 AM).
                Guardian's Avatar
                Guardian Guardian is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                  Location: Distortion World
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 2,471
                  Hi guys, yesterday I got Pokemon yellow (finally, sigh). And I planning to stick to it for a while, however, I'm not sure what to play afterwards!
                  I am planning to play all generations from the beginning. I am afraid that if I go though Kanto now, and then Kanto and Johto in Crystal, Soul Silver will feel boring repetitive and I won't be able to enjoy it, not the story or graphics. Since I will already know everything that's going to happen. (Or at least most of it). So should I skip the Crystal?
                  My playing order was supposed to be:
                  Yellow-Crystal-FireRed-Emerald-SoulSilver-Platinum-White-White2-X

                  But now I am not sure whether I should skip the Crystal(And maybe firered(?)) and just return to them (much) later when nostalgia kicks in?

                  If you guys played all of these games and you can suggest a playing order, feel free to! :D
                    #960    
                  Old September 8th, 2013 (3:29 AM).
                  Precious Tears Precious Tears is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2008
                    Posts: 1,255
                    My suggestion is scramble the orders, don't mind to much about the orders of era!
                    I'm actually replaying Gen III to Gen V as countdown for the new Pokemon games in the near future...
                    This is my order DP > HGSS > RS > BW1 > Pt > BW2.
                      #961    
                    Old September 8th, 2013 (4:39 AM).
                    Guardian's Avatar
                    Guardian Guardian is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                      Location: Distortion World
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 2,471
                      Nice order. I haven't played a usual Pokemon game for a reaaaaly long time so I figured I wanted to play the older games first.
                      I'm playing Yellow right now and really am enjoying it, but I don't know if I'll enjoy Kanto and johto as much after roaming through it for the third time. Soul Silver seems so good, I just don't want to ruin the experience by knowing everything in advance and by being fed up with those two regions. Bit weird, I know lol xD
                      __________________

                      "The future you see is the future you get."
                        #962    
                      Old September 8th, 2013 (4:48 AM). Edited September 8th, 2013 by JayTheKing.
                      JayTheKing's Avatar
                      JayTheKing JayTheKing is offline
                      ~~King Of Valla~~
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2012
                        Location: Valla aka Kitsune Kingdom
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 951
                        Are Entei's and Raikou's their natures set?I always get a careful Entei every time i catch it and aGentle Raikou(I tried 5 times)
                        __________________


                        3DS:4871 4138 8216
                        Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
                          #963    
                        Old September 8th, 2013 (4:48 AM).
                        curiousnathan's Avatar
                        curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                        Location: Australia
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 7,852
                        If you'd like to keep your gaming journey fresh and the least repetitive, then I'd suggest: Yellow -> RSE -> FRLG -> DPPt -> BW -> B2W2 -> HGSS. But that would be just my personal preference. I'd definitely refrain from playing through Kanto in close sequence, so perhaps leave HGSS last and have BW and B2W2 in sequence. (Plus, you'd be able to transition smoothly from the events of BW to B2W2, thus making the storyline more enjoyable.) In all honesty, it's up to you what order you'd like to play your games in. As long you have fun then that's the main thing. :)

                        Anyway, quick questions belong in the Fourth Gen Help Thread so I'll chuck this over there.

                        [ Moved ]
                        __________________
                        Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
                          #964    
                        Old September 8th, 2013 (5:32 AM). Edited September 8th, 2013 by Agous.
                        Agous's Avatar
                        Agous Agous is offline
                        Solid Mercury?
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2013
                          Location: Madison, CT
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Sassy
                          Posts: 31
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by xxarmando View Post
                          Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to check Pokemon's via Pokechecker on Pokemon Platinum. I own a 3DS.

                          All help appreciated,

                          Armando.
                          What do you mean by Pokechecker. The answer is probably no. But i'll look into it for you.


                          and @JayTheKing , i do belive that once you have encountered the entei and raikou in the burnt tower, they will always have the same nature. makes sense, cause theyre the same pokemon always on the move.
                          __________________

                          I miss my friends everynight...
                          I wonder where they are now...

                            #965    
                          Old September 8th, 2013 (6:03 AM).
                          Guardian's Avatar
                          Guardian Guardian is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                            Location: Distortion World
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 2,471
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
                            If you'd like to keep your gaming journey fresh and the least repetitive, then I'd suggest: Yellow -> RSE -> FRLG -> DPPt -> BW -> B2W2 -> HGSS. But that would be just my personal preference. I'd definitely refrain from playing through Kanto in close sequence, so perhaps leave HGSS last and have BW and B2W2 in sequence. (Plus, you'd be able to transition smoothly from the events of BW to B2W2, thus making the storyline more enjoyable.) In all honesty, it's up to you what order you'd like to play your games in. As long you have fun then that's the main thing.

                            Anyway, quick questions belong in the Fourth Gen Help Thread so I'll chuck this over there.

                            [ Moved ]
                            Actually I am really looking forward to Soulsilver so I cant put it the last. Plus, I also want to use Pokewalker as soon as I start with new Pokemon games. Ty for advice tho :D

                            Why did you put the topic here tho :/
                            I was looking forward to few more answers, I doubt I'll get them here :L
                            Thanks anyway!
                              #966    
                            Old September 8th, 2013 (6:28 AM).
                            Precious Tears Precious Tears is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2008
                              Posts: 1,255
                              Hello guys, I have to re-post my questions, because a thread was moved here...
                              Thus my question was covered by it.
                              1. When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated? Is it during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
                              2. If so, is Suicine's IV/Nature generated along with Entei and Raikou?
                              3. Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and Turnback Cave respectively, after you defeated them on first try. Will their IVs and Natures get re-generate during this second attempt?
                                #967    
                              Old September 8th, 2013 (7:29 AM).
                              PlatinumDude's Avatar
                              PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                              Nyeh?
                              • Gold Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2010
                              Location: Canada
                              Age: 23
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Hasty
                              Posts: 12,897
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
                              Hello guys, I have to re-post my questions, because a thread was moved here...
                              Thus my question was covered by it.
                              1. When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated? Is it during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
                              2. If so, is Suicine's IV/Nature generated along with Entei and Raikou?
                              3. Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and Turnback Cave respectively, after you defeated them on first try. Will their IVs and Natures get re-generate during this second attempt?
                              1. The IVs and natures of Raikou and Entei are generated as soon as they leave the Burned Tower.
                              2. Regarding Suicune, it doesn't go through the IV and nature generation that Raikou and Entei do; it's a stationary Pokemon in Kanto, so its IVs and nature are soft-resettable.
                              3. Yes, their IVs and natures will be soft-resettable at the second attempt around.
                              __________________

                                #968    
                              Old September 8th, 2013 (9:54 AM).
                              JayTheKing's Avatar
                              JayTheKing JayTheKing is offline
                              ~~King Of Valla~~
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2012
                                Location: Valla aka Kitsune Kingdom
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 951
                                I am trying to get the Blue orb in HeartGold but Mr Fuji is always in the House Of Memories.I have beaten Red.What do i do?
                                __________________


                                3DS:4871 4138 8216
                                Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
                                  #969    
                                Old September 8th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
                                Precious Tears Precious Tears is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                                  Posts: 1,255
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
                                  I am trying to get the Blue orb in HeartGold but Mr Fuji is always in the House Of Memories.I have beaten Red.What do i do?
                                  If memory serves right you have to meet Mr.Pokemon the odd man(aka Mystery Egg man) that lives past Cherrygrove in his own house.
                                    #970    
                                  Old September 26th, 2013 (10:09 AM).
                                  Undertaker Sheep's Avatar
                                  Undertaker Sheep Undertaker Sheep is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 5
                                    I'm new to these forums, but I'm pretty sure you've heard this story before: I bought two games, Pokemon Diamond and Platinum, off of ebay in used condition, and I'm wondering if my games are fakes or not. I was pretty convinced they were real when I bought them, but something happened that made me think.

                                    The two games were sold as a bundle. Only a few hours after I paid for the two games I received an email from ebay that they had removed the offer from their website, claiming it violated either their policy or someone's copyright. They told me that if I had already paid for the items, I should wait 10 days and if I still hadn't received them I could get my money back from them. Naturally, I sent the person selling them an email asking why the item was removed. The seller contacted me the next day, saying it was because ebay thought he was using the pictures of another seller.

                                    Today I received the two games in the mail. They were sent from the UK (I live in the Netherlands) and arrived after only a few days. Awesome. I took them out and compared them to the only other 4th generation game I own, Soul Silver. A few things immediately stood out to my now sceptic mind:

                                    • The game serial number on the front is USA, and not EUR.
                                    • The cartridges are dark grey, opposed to my Soul Silver cartridge which is black.
                                    • On the back of my Soul Silver cartridge, the Nintendo logo and the line below it (NTR-031. PAT.PEND.) are in dark black ink. On the back of Platinum and Diamond, they are a darker grey than their cartridge and appear to have been 'engraved' into the cartridge.
                                    • The serial numbers on the back of the Platinum and Diamond cartridges are in a darker ink and can easily be read when I tilt them. The serial number on the back of Soul Silver turns 'invisible' when I tilt the cartridge at a certain angle.
                                    Now I'm 99% sure my Soul Silver game is legitimate: I bought it when it came out from my country's #1 online store. But I have no experience with the new Generation other than Soul Silver, and no experience at all with games from other regions. I'm wondering if they're real. Can anyone help me determine that, so perhaps I can try to get my money back if they're not?

                                    I've added some pictures as attachments so you can see what I'm talking about.

                                    Any help would be awesome!
                                    Attached Images
                                    File Type: jpg 1.jpg‎ (107.3 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                    File Type: jpg 2.jpg‎ (98.4 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                    File Type: jpg 3.jpg‎ (133.5 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                      #971    
                                    Old September 26th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
                                    Sydian's Avatar
                                    Sydian Sydian is offline
                                    rob the rich !
                                    • Crystal Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2008
                                    Location: Alabama
                                    Age: 25
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 32,177
                                    I need to do a little more searching and checking when I get back home for this, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it's normal for Diamond and Platinum to be gray cartridges as opposed to black. They started making them black when HGSS came out, so that's nothing to worry about. I'll try to come back to this when I get home and help you further, unless someone beats me to it haha.
                                    __________________

                                    ≫ take your heart !
                                    challenges | klippy
                                      #972    
                                    Old September 26th, 2013 (10:57 AM).
                                    Undertaker Sheep's Avatar
                                    Undertaker Sheep Undertaker Sheep is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 5
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                                      I need to do a little more searching and checking when I get back home for this, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it's normal for Diamond and Platinum to be gray cartridges as opposed to black. They started making them black when HGSS came out, so that's nothing to worry about. I'll try to come back to this when I get home and help you further, unless someone beats me to it haha.
                                      Thanks for the help, I really need it. I'm glad that the cartridges being grey is a good thing!
                                        #973    
                                      Old September 26th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
                                      Sonatron's Avatar
                                      Sonatron Sonatron is offline
                                      Face of Rubber
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2013
                                        Location: Albion
                                        Age: 22
                                        Gender: Female
                                        Nature: Quiet
                                        Posts: 66
                                        I have an American version of Diamond and a European version of Pearl (I live in England, but I bought an imported version of Diamond from a local game shop when it first came out, Pearl I got about a year later from another game shop) I've compared my American Diamond to yours and it looks like yours are legitimate. Also, what Sydian said too, Pearl and Diamond are supposed to have grey cartridges while SS is black
                                        __________________


                                        Pet Shop "Let's make it another great day!" RPGuild

                                        For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16



                                          #974    
                                        Old September 26th, 2013 (2:38 PM).
                                        Whitney's Shaymin's Avatar
                                        Whitney's Shaymin Whitney's Shaymin is offline
                                        Creator Of Pokemon Grace
                                        • Silver Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2012
                                        Location: Goldenrod, Johto
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Timid
                                        Posts: 600
                                        Did you try out the games to see if there was anything odd or unusual? Sometimes that helps...
                                        __________________


                                        "The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

                                        Gym Leader Whitney
                                        link | link | link

                                        FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
                                          #975    
                                        Old September 27th, 2013 (12:01 AM).
                                        Undertaker Sheep's Avatar
                                        Undertaker Sheep Undertaker Sheep is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2013
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 5
                                          @Sonatron: that's good to hear! Just in case, are the markings on the back of your American cartridge the same as on my Platinum cartridge?

                                          @pokemoner2500: I haven't really played it yet. The GameFreak logo does seem to appear rather slow, and the when I press start on the title screen it goes to New Game immediately. Is that normal? I have no game other than Soul Silver to compare it to.
                                          Closed Thread

                                          Quick Reply

                                          Join the conversation!

                                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:35 AM.