• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Posting is REALLY REALLY slow?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I was wondering if this was the norm here? Or maybe a problem on my end, and what I might be able to do to fix it? Because it takes a while to post. When I hit the reply button/preview/go advanced or any button relating to posting, it takes a good while for it to actually post/respond. It shows little loading circle and everything. It just be swell if it didn't take so long. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I timed how long it took to post this, and it took a good 25 seconds. ~About 10 for the edit.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nope... it's an issue for all of us really (yet surprisingly it has been noted that forums which not everyone can access are generally faster to post in, so it might have something to do with that). As for what can be done, not entirely sure, though I'm pretty sure it's on the list of things that need to be fixed in the future. :x

dante1w

Banned
Years
posting is basically slow because the server overloads quickly. It doesn't happen to me, but i've heard it a lot. I think it has smth to do with the style/theme you have chosen.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
posting is basically slow because the server overloads quickly. It doesn't happen to me, but i've heard it a lot. I think it has smth to do with the style/theme you have chosen.

I think all themes have this problem. If it was with particular themes then they would probably be disabled until the actual problem was discovered.

Back