• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BLACK OR WHITE

which one

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    NO, this is not a which game you have or which game is better because this is not the thread. All because you have a certain game it doesn't mean that you have to go with that game exclusive automatically. Now here is the question:

Which do you like/prefer Black City or White Forest?

I have Pokemon White and many people expected me to like White Forest, well I do not. I like how Black City looks, especially when its night time and I love how the city glows. As for White Forest, I talked to many NPC and they pretty much all want to go back to Black City because the White Forest is rather boring.

:t354:TG

sharpedofile

Basculin are Masculin
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2011
    White forest sounds like a better option in the long run, as it has Pokemon you can't get normally get in game, while black city isn't that great of a leveling ground because you could just farm off the gamefreak guy, or the e4. Plus the items there break the bank.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    (then why not have city or forest in the title?)

Anyway, Black City looked a lot better imo, and had much better music. White Forest, though... idk, the music was okay but it was sort of boring. I took too long to use both and as a result I kinda didn't get any use out of either location but hey the designs of the places were nice!

NatureKeeper

White Forest. Natural, peaceful, quiet, free rare wild Pokémon and no creepy music. Nuff said.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    white forest is better i havent even seen it but i hate black city it sucks

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Meh I don't like neither of them. But I have Black City and it's meh... I hate how it's an bird's eye view.

Years
    I have Black, but I wish I had gotten White both because of Zekrom and because of White Forest. It's possible to import old Pokemon of the same species as the ones that are found in White Forest, but it's not the same experience.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I haven't fully explored both places yet, but I like their concepts, since I like battling Pokemon as well as catching them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I haven't had a chance to explore Black City, but it looks much more awesome than White Forest. And once you catch all the species that live in your White Forest, there's really little you can do with it until you kick out the old residents and hope you can bring more over (which I cannot do).

Black City for me.

Years
    I have no idea for White forest because I only own Black for now, but I chose both because there are certain things you can do in one place that you cannot do in the other.. in Black City you could challenge trainers on a daily basis and in White forest you can capture more Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Normally I'd say White City since I'm more about catching Pokemon than buying trinkets, but I hate the way that the number of Pokemon available to capture is dependent on the number of people visiting. I know it's supposed to encourage use of the Entralink, but what if someone can't access it for whatever reason?

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
    at first i liked black city because you could battle and gain lots of EXP points but then i found out that the more you play the less inhabitants the city will have. also i don't really like the concept of inviting people over form the entralink because not everyone has access to that function. but when i found out about the white forrest i got a little jelly because i was missing out on a bunch of pokes, then i remembered poke transfer =)

███

Ninja Space Mouse
    Years
    I Like Black City Cause Of The Dark Look It Has, But What I'm Trying To Figure Out Is What Happened To The Building That You Buy Stuff In.

But Black City Has The Perfect Select On Music, Color, And Glow.

Flarebliss

Charmed...
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2014
    I prefer black city only for the music. From what I have heard, white forest seems dull. If i wanted some old pokes, I would transfer them to my black card from my soulsilver.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I have White, and I haven't even gotten to the point of exploring the White Forest yet. When it comes to the design of each area though, I prefer Black City. It's not something you see everyday in a Pokémon game, while a forest is something you run into commonly. By the sound of things, it seems each area has its advantages, but with those they also have their disadvantages. I couldn't really say which I prefer the most as I haven't even taken the chance to explore either of them, but simply based on design, I choose the Black City.

Mr. Waltzie

Major Fan!
    Years
    As far as I'm a city-person, I still prefer White Forest. Because I can explore more Pokemon and meet the previous generation Pokemon. And staying at White Forest is really relaxing. So I prefer White Forest than Black City! =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Even though I have White, I find Black City to be much more interesting and eerie as opposed to a forest with trees and people roaming around in it.

Back