Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old August 19th, 2011 (3:54 PM).
dolarmak dolarmak is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 12
    Hey Armada, you got a lot of cool stuff for your game. I like the progress

    any idea when a demo might be ready?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old August 19th, 2011 (4:46 PM).
    AmaranthProject's Avatar
    AmaranthProject AmaranthProject is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2005
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 226
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by dolarmak View Post
      Hey Armada, you got a lot of cool stuff for your game. I like the progress :)

      any idea when a demo might be ready?
      Thanks! =)

      I want to get a demo about by the end of the year... School starts next week, so we'll see about that. xD
        #28    
      Old August 20th, 2011 (4:43 AM).
      Danu20's Avatar
      Danu20 Danu20 is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Location: Oravita
        Age: 29
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 35
        Wooooow very nice:D great work
        __________________
          #29    
        Old August 24th, 2011 (8:55 AM).
        GAOlivier's Avatar
        GAOlivier GAOlivier is offline
           
          Join Date: Aug 2011
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 47
          Amazing graphics!
          That list of credits is so long Like you said, you should clean that up XD maybe categorize them.
          __________________

            #30    
          Old August 31st, 2011 (6:01 AM). Edited August 31st, 2011 by AmaranthProject.
          AmaranthProject's Avatar
          AmaranthProject AmaranthProject is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2005
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 226


            Here are the updated heroes for Pokemon Amaranth (do not steal please :3). These were done by Litera-sure over at DA, I'd recommend you guys check him out, he's very talented.

            Just for a progress update: college has started once again, so I'm very busy. Trying my best to make do, but school always comes first.

            I've been trying to plow through some eventing at the moment, right now I'm working on the first gym, it's a simple concept in term of the puzzle. Being the first gym I wanted to do something simplistic yet appealing aesthetically. You are on a bunch of platforms, in order to get to the next platform you will need to step on a blue switch that will engage the bridge. Of course, in order to get to the switch for each platform a trainer stands in your war :3. I have some screens, but I'd rather wait this weekend and finish the remaining eventing for it. That way, I can get you guys screenshots as well as a video. :3

            Just a little update to let you guys know development may be hindered at the moment, but the game is still alive and kicking. =D
              #31    
            Old August 31st, 2011 (7:08 AM).
            GAOlivier's Avatar
            GAOlivier GAOlivier is offline
               
              Join Date: Aug 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 47
              Wow those updated heroes sure are nice. Can't wait for the gym video
              __________________

                #32    
              Old August 31st, 2011 (7:36 AM).
              cruciFICTION's Avatar
              cruciFICTION cruciFICTION is offline
              A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2011
                Location: Brisbane
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 91
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ZeroArmada View Post
                ... buh-.

                *Blinks.*

                ...

                Holy scheisse, those are amazing. The girl is so cute. <3 And except for the skirt maybe, there's nothing particularly stereotypical about her.
                __________________
                  #33    
                Old September 1st, 2011 (9:33 PM). Edited September 2nd, 2011 by AmaranthProject.
                AmaranthProject's Avatar
                AmaranthProject AmaranthProject is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2005
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 226
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by GAOlivier View Post
                  Wow those updated heroes sure are nice. Can't wait for the gym video :)
                  Quote:
                  ... buh-.

                  *Blinks.*

                  ...

                  Holy scheisse, those are amazing. The girl is so cute. <3 And except for the skirt maybe, there's nothing particularly stereotypical about her.
                  Thanks, I really do appreciate it!

                  Here are some gym screens for now, still planning on releasing a game-play video this weekend.



                  Sullenstone Gym is home to the gym leader Mirage, a dark Pokemon specialist. Not much is now in terms of the history of Mirage, his past before the downfall of the Lost World is completely unknown. Abandoning his real name, he takes on the persona of "Mirage" to stand as the gym leader of Sullenstone City. He is often seen exploring the deep innards of Sullenstone Ruins, in order to gain a greater understanding of the events that have befallen the Lost World.

                  The mechanics for the first gym are fairly straightforward and simple (being the first gym, simplicity is expected). The hero will make their way through multiple platforms that lead up to the gym leader. On each platform there is a switch that will reveal a pathway to the next platform. Of course, in order to reach the switch for each platform, a trainer stands in the way.
                    #34    
                  Old September 2nd, 2011 (3:57 AM).
                  GAOlivier's Avatar
                  GAOlivier GAOlivier is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 47
                    Wow, looking awesome so far, and I loove the gym leader warning! I can't believe nobody else has thought of that. At least, you're the first person I see using it.
                    The text color used at 'Mirage', is very cool.
                    The video must be awesome
                    __________________

                      #35    
                    Old September 3rd, 2011 (3:44 PM).
                    AmaranthProject's Avatar
                    AmaranthProject AmaranthProject is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2005
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 226
                      Thanks!

                      I'm not completely satisfied with the end result, a lot of the mechanics still need some modifications done. I didn't have much time to mess with it, and I promised a video so I will deliver :3.

                      You can view it here:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssjW86k8MM4&feature=player_embedded


                      As I said earlier, please keep in mind that a lot will change between now and the final product, this video does not reflect anything set in stone regarding the game, and is subject to change.

                      Here are the stuff that I haven't had time to address for this video.

                      Known issues:
                      -Pokemon back sprite in battle gradually moves up
                      -Commands can be executed before the prompt appears on screen
                      -Battle music not properly looping
                      -Mouse module not properly reflecting areas that should be "clickable"

                      As promised here is the video, which is a quick rundown of the first gym, as well as a battle with Mirage, the gym leader.
                        #36    
                      Old September 4th, 2011 (2:56 AM).
                      GAOlivier's Avatar
                      GAOlivier GAOlivier is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 47
                        Heh, I can't say much negative stuff. The only thing I didn't like was the music. Especially when you're talking to the gym leader. I don't think it suits pokémon that well. the battle music is not that great either. But the gym itself looks great!
                        __________________

                          #37    
                        Old September 4th, 2011 (8:54 AM).
                        AmaranthProject's Avatar
                        AmaranthProject AmaranthProject is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2005
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naive
                          Posts: 226
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by GAOlivier View Post
                          Heh, I can't say much negative stuff. The only thing I didn't like was the music. Especially when you're talking to the gym leader. I don't think it suits pokémon that well. the battle music is not that great either. But the gym itself looks great!
                          Thanks! The as I said, nothing will be set in stone. For now the music is something I'm experimenting with. I do want more "darker" music though in the game, so it may not fit Pokemon, but in a sense it should fit the overall tone of the game.
                            #38    
                          Old October 7th, 2011 (9:16 PM). Edited October 8th, 2011 by AmaranthProject.
                          AmaranthProject's Avatar
                          AmaranthProject AmaranthProject is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2005
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 226


                            Here's an update in regards to what I have been working on. Hope you guys like it. ^_^
                              #39    
                            Old November 12th, 2011 (1:56 PM).
                            Vega Vega is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 2
                              wow
                              looks really cool, I like it
                                #40    
                              Old November 12th, 2011 (3:14 PM).
                              DarkDoom3000's Avatar
                              DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline
                              Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2004
                                Location: New Zealand
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 1,694
                                Great screens,
                                but i think you're using the gas screen filter a little too heavily, I get it's part of the storyline, but i would try toning it down, especially the purple one.
                                __________________
                                Version 0.753 is out
                                Thread | Website | Blog
                                  #41    
                                Old November 12th, 2011 (8:02 PM).
                                AmaranthProject's Avatar
                                AmaranthProject AmaranthProject is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2005
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Naive
                                  Posts: 226
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
                                  Great screens,
                                  but i think you're using the gas screen filter a little too heavily, I get it's part of the storyline, but i would try toning it down, especially the purple one.
                                  Point taken, it's one of these things that I constantly tinker, so expect something a less "intense". =)
                                    #42    
                                  Old December 8th, 2011 (4:44 AM).
                                  seeker's Avatar
                                  seeker seeker is offline
                                  Electric
                                  • Platinum Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                                  Location: Ireland
                                  Posts: 10,831
                                  Being honest, the graphics and the mapping in this game are some of the worst I've seen in a fan game, and that's simply a criticism. The sprites that you commissioned, such as the overworlds and trainer sprites are great. But the thing is, everything you've commissioned is far better than everything you've done. The graphics you did yourself for the battle system and the intro don't suit a Pokemon game at all. You're mixing pixel art with graphic design which does not work. It is a clash of style. The fogs are way too heavy and make the clarity of the game fall to zero. They're simply hiding the fact that there is terrible maps underneath. The maps I've seen on DA are open, messy, the paths don't work with the ground, empty, shapeless, and the pink trees and odd colours do not favour the game at all. This isn't a solid Pokemon game at all. The overworld maps and so on do not resemble a Pokemon game. It looked a lot better like this, despite being quite unoriginal it still had correct colours, and some semblance of decent mapping and clarity. I'm sorry to say, but you're not doing the game any favours with the direction you're going in with these graphics, tiles and the way you map.

                                  The first thing I would actually suggest is that you get a tileset that works together, and don't put things like paths which go on grass onto mountains. I recommend that you go back to normal colours and avoid pink trees and brown water and so on. Then you're going to need to learn to map a lot better. Your routes are not playable. The player is simply going to walk through empty maps with open spaces and it's simply boring, as well as seeing hundreds of tile errors.

                                  If you need help with any of these things do not be afraid to contact me. I think you need to hone your skills and find a direction. It's good to be original, but remember you're still making a Pokemon game. And you still need to worry about clarity and making the game playable.
                                  __________________
                                  she's the greatest adventure I'll ever know
                                    #43    
                                  Old December 8th, 2011 (10:40 AM).
                                  khkramer's Avatar
                                  khkramer khkramer is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2010
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 311
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
                                    Being honest, the graphics and the mapping in this game are some of the worst I've seen in a fan game, and that's simply a criticism. The sprites that you commissioned, such as the overworlds and trainer sprites are great. But the thing is, everything you've commissioned is far better than everything you've done. The graphics you did yourself for the battle system and the intro don't suit a Pokemon game at all. You're mixing pixel art with graphic design which does not work. It is a clash of style. The fogs are way too heavy and make the clarity of the game fall to zero. They're simply hiding the fact that there is terrible maps underneath. The maps I've seen on DA are open, messy, the paths don't work with the ground, empty, shapeless, and the pink trees and odd colours do not favour the game at all. This isn't a solid Pokemon game at all. The overworld maps and so on do not resemble a Pokemon game. It looked a lot better like this, despite being quite unoriginal it still had correct colours, and some semblance of decent mapping and clarity. I'm sorry to say, but you're not doing the game any favours with the direction you're going in with these graphics, tiles and the way you map.

                                    The first thing I would actually suggest is that you get a tileset that works together, and don't put things like paths which go on grass onto mountains. I recommend that you go back to normal colours and avoid pink trees and brown water and so on. Then you're going to need to learn to map a lot better. Your routes are not playable. The player is simply going to walk through empty maps with open spaces and it's simply boring, as well as seeing hundreds of tile errors.

                                    If you need help with any of these things do not be afraid to contact me. I think you need to hone your skills and find a direction. It's good to be original, but remember you're still making a Pokemon game. And you still need to worry about clarity and making the game playable.
                                    True.
                                    But I like the photoshop GUI, i think it looks better then the one Black/White had.
                                    __________________


                                    New Region. Freedom. MMO. Stay tuned.
                                      #44    
                                    Old December 8th, 2011 (11:49 AM).
                                    Rayquaza.'s Avatar
                                    Rayquaza. Rayquaza. is offline
                                    Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2011
                                      Location: United Kingdom
                                      Age: 21
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 690
                                      This game looks great, I look forward to it's completion!
                                      __________________
                                        #45    
                                      Old December 9th, 2011 (7:09 AM).
                                      AmaranthProject's Avatar
                                      AmaranthProject AmaranthProject is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2005
                                        Age: 25
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Naive
                                        Posts: 226
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
                                        Being honest, the graphics and the mapping in this game are some of the worst I've seen in a fan game, and that's simply a criticism. The sprites that you commissioned, such as the overworlds and trainer sprites are great. But the thing is, everything you've commissioned is far better than everything you've done. The graphics you did yourself for the battle system and the intro don't suit a Pokemon game at all. You're mixing pixel art with graphic design which does not work. It is a clash of style. The fogs are way too heavy and make the clarity of the game fall to zero. They're simply hiding the fact that there is terrible maps underneath. The maps I've seen on DA are open, messy, the paths don't work with the ground, empty, shapeless, and the pink trees and odd colours do not favour the game at all. This isn't a solid Pokemon game at all. The overworld maps and so on do not resemble a Pokemon game. It looked a lot better like this, despite being quite unoriginal it still had correct colours, and some semblance of decent mapping and clarity. I'm sorry to say, but you're not doing the game any favours with the direction you're going in with these graphics, tiles and the way you map.

                                        The first thing I would actually suggest is that you get a tileset that works together, and don't put things like paths which go on grass onto mountains. I recommend that you go back to normal colours and avoid pink trees and brown water and so on. Then you're going to need to learn to map a lot better. Your routes are not playable. The player is simply going to walk through empty maps with open spaces and it's simply boring, as well as seeing hundreds of tile errors.

                                        If you need help with any of these things do not be afraid to contact me. I think you need to hone your skills and find a direction. It's good to be original, but remember you're still making a Pokemon game. And you still need to worry about clarity and making the game playable.
                                        Okay. I have just finished finals, I'm free to work on this project now without any hindrance. I think it would be good time to just step back and think about how I should make this work.

                                        Thanks for your input, as always it is appreciated. =)
                                          #46    
                                        Old December 9th, 2011 (10:27 AM).
                                        khkramer's Avatar
                                        khkramer khkramer is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2010
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 311
                                          I hope you're not using Lucas in the final version.
                                          I hate his hat
                                          __________________


                                          New Region. Freedom. MMO. Stay tuned.
                                            #47    
                                          Old December 10th, 2011 (2:29 AM).
                                          Master-Pixel's Avatar
                                          Master-Pixel Master-Pixel is offline
                                          Fakemon Artist
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2011
                                            Location: Birmingham
                                            Age: 21
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Quiet
                                            Posts: 41
                                            Hmmm; overall a brilliant concept :D
                                            The graphics are well made; and positioned in a ncie way on maps; creating that Pokemon-Esque feel, the storyline is awesome, and battle screens look good :D

                                            However there are a few things which I'd suggest you'd change;
                                            The Gym Leader Warning; I just feel it's unnessecary, you already know what type of Gym it is usually through the Gym Signs or the name of the Town or City - the Gym Leader Warning just seems to give to much away; in essence taking away that anticipation when you go fight the gym leader's first pokemon without knowing what Pokemon the Gym Leader has :/ Moreover having the warning; might possibly make the game to easy; as players would then adapt their team to suit the Gym Leader's; adapting to their Weaknesses and Strengths :/

                                            Another thing is with the Battle Graphics's; the platform for the Pokemon aren't that appealing; they look more like a dip; rather then something they stand on :/

                                            Bear in mind; this is my opinion - so don't go changing it due to what I think - just consider what I've said :D
                                            Hopefully I've helped :D

                                            Keep the good work up on Amaranth :D
                                            __________________
                                            ~ Part of Pokemon Verum ~
                                            ~www.master-pixel.deviantart.com~
                                              #48    
                                            Old April 20th, 2012 (4:01 AM).
                                            Shaly's Avatar
                                            Shaly Shaly is offline
                                            #IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2011
                                              Location: belgium
                                              Age: 27
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 59
                                              No more updates? hope this isn't abandoned...
                                                #49    
                                              Old April 20th, 2012 (4:51 AM).
                                              seeker's Avatar
                                              seeker seeker is offline
                                              Electric
                                              • Platinum Tier
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2009
                                              Location: Ireland
                                              Posts: 10,831
                                              I'm afraid this thread is well past it's revival date of 2 months. Try not to revive threads that old Shaly. I haven't seen any updates on it in a long time, so perhaps it has been. Either way, gonna close this one up.

                                              Locked.
                                              Closed Thread

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:41 PM.