• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Attack of the Glitches!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
  • So I was fighting some Ace Trainer and his Escavalier. My Golett, Clank, was beating it when it attacked me, draining my health. It said Clank fainted, but it turned out he had 1 HP left. I tried to attack, but I couldn't. Nor could I switch out. Escavalier's attacks ended in "But it Failed!" and I couldn't heal Golett. Golett's sprite disappeared, too. I ended up having to turn off my DS. Has anyone else experienced this glitch or any other glitch in Black and White?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I am not surprised by this, but it hasn't happend to me before in Pokemon White but it has happend to me in Pokemon Soul Silver. I'm guessing because there is too much data in the games so weird things like that happend from time to time.

:t354:TG

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 15, 2013
    I had something happen when I was fighting a double battle - I had one Pokémon left and the rest had fainted, but the game kept asking me to send in another one to battle. I had to switch the DS off too, and it's not happened again!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Another interesting glitch is the Sky Drop/Gravity glitch. I'm pretty sure what happens with it is if, in a double or triple battle, you use Sky Drop on an opponent's Pokemon, and Gravity is used in the same turn, the Pokemon that Sky Drop was used on will be immobile through the entire battle.

Also, in the Icirrus Gym, one of the rocks before the last trainer before Brycen can be walked through. Therefore, you can skip that last trainer.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Not sure whether it qualifies, but when a Jolteon attacks/is attacked, pixels on its legs turn blue. Anyone else seen this?

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • So I was fighting some Ace Trainer and his Escavalier. My Golett, Clank, was beating it when it attacked me, draining my health. It said Clank fainted, but it turned out he had 1 HP left. I tried to attack, but I couldn't. Nor could I switch out. Escavalier's attacks ended in "But it Failed!" and I couldn't heal Golett. Golett's sprite disappeared, too. I ended up having to turn off my DS. Has anyone else experienced this glitch or any other glitch in Black and White?
    This happened to me couple times, one time even in Wi-Fi battling in Pokemon Black.

Scenario: Conkeldurr used Drain Punch, and it said the opponent fainted, but his pokemon didn't "go down." I tried to attack it next turn, it said "But it failed," while the foe did absolutely nothing.

Years
  • every time i double battle over wifi and one of my pokes dies i cant switch any new pokes back in and i have to quit

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't know weather it was my DS, but whilst fighting a few trainer on Black, when commanding attacks, it just kept going to the descriptions of them which was really frustrating, I had to use an item and wait the next turn for it to work. :\

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years

Where did you fight him?
    That had never happened to me but wouldn't that be a bug or something.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Wow that are pretty major ones, I've only heard about minor ones, like animations or something else with graphics. I haven't really spotted one myself, but I haven't been looking out for them, so maybe I just overlooked it. Which language version do you have? (JP, US, EU)

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I know of one minor glitch (if you'd even call it a glitch): when you are standing still near an in-game person on a bike, if you press and hold b they will speed up.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I had something happen when I was fighting a double battle - I had one Pokémon left and the rest had fainted, but the game kept asking me to send in another one to battle. I had to switch the DS off too, and it's not happened again!

It isn't a glitch, just annoying. You have to click the first Pokemon in your party, they switch places, and then you can change your second.

My graphic used to go a bit bad when I used my DS Lite.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Never had this happen to me, but I have heard of this glitch before. If this happened to me I'd probably rage.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Hasn't happened to me either.
    I also thought that the double battle switch thing was a glitch when I first got it...then I learned other wise...Why did they even made it so annoying this gen?
    My game has shacky graphics when the player walks...though that's not much of a glitch.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Another one is a text speed error in Driftveil City.

If you mean the old lady, I'm pretty sure that's intentional. I've always thought of her just speaking slower than other NPCs. N does this too (though he speaks faster).
    Anyway, a fun bug to abuse is that the AI doesn't know that status moves are blocked by Substitute. They'll keep trying to put you to sleep until they faint :P

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I have experienced no glitches so far. Even the screwy-graphics-around-the-edges glitch from Gen IV disappeared, although Gen IV and Gen V share the same engine with small changes.

Try YouTube. People there are very, uhhh, creative at finding glitches and bugs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    It isn't a glitch, just annoying. You have to click the first Pokemon in your party, they switch places, and then you can change your second.

My graphic used to go a bit bad when I used my DS Lite.

I though it was a glitch too the first few times it happened to me. I had to actually look it up after a while. You would have though that they would put the game through some kind of peer testing wich would pick up on this.

Also, I apparently allot of people are also getting caught out with the C-gear thing. It doesn't respond to A or B buttons so people often think it is forzen when really you just need to use the touch screen.

With my black version the game does actually freeze quite often. It seems to do it in the same places also. e.g. if I walk into a pokemon centre and it freezes I have to restart. If I then walk back to the centre it will freeze again. If I do something else and then go back it will usually be ok. It is very strange and often frustrating when you are midway through a battle or you havn't saved for a while.

Years
  • Already happened to me twice the first glitch that was spoken by here . "Hydreigon fainted" team window appears then .. there it was with 1 hp couldnt switch out or attack , my luck it was a double battle , otherwise i had to switch down my 3DS like the first time :@

Back