• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best Storyline

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    WARNING: SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILE

Of all the pokemon games I have to say this was the best, by FAR. The journey did seem to be shorter than usual but the story-line was amazing!I love games with emtional and moral ethnic plots. Why don't they make more games like this???

Its was really sad how Ghetsis just showed hurt or misteated to (his son?) N, which edvantually led to him caring more about pokemon that he'd force all humans to release them. (His father?) Gheteis taught him to love and protect the world while all the time Ghetsis wanted rule the world!

In the end it came down to should pokemon work along side humans as friends and equals or should the two worlds be totally seperate.

This was by far the best pokemon game in terms of background/storyline and one of the best storylines in video games I think. I really hope they make more pokemon or any video games like this where 2 beliefs are questioned to the extremes.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    If you are going to try and spoil us then use Spoiler tags.

Anyways Pokemon can't have story lines like the one in Black and White all the time because if so, then it will get old and stale and that is not cool.

:t354:TG

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
    i was impressed with both the graphics and the storyline in 5th gen, but as mentioned before they cant make every pokemon game the same because people will loose interest if the theme is stagnant. they have to add twists and new plots ect. overall i liked the storyline of 5th gen the most out of all the games. =)

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
    Years
    I thought the storyline was really great too, and sad with Ghetsis saying his own son was nothing more than a "heartless freak". It was also sad how N was isolated from people and was made believe he was an ancient hero with amazing ideals, just to be told it was all a lie and to be made a monster of by his father. It was incredible.

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    I have to agree. This in my opinion has to be the first pokemon game with an ACTUAL storyline. (Sinnoh, A LITTLE)

Just my opinion.
    The other games such as Emerald and all the others. Just had legendary pokemons fight out of the wind in the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I loved Gen V's story line, it wasn't just a simple cat and mouse thing, there was an actual story.

My favorite part was when N's castle erupts from the ground, that cut scene's graphics were just amazing to me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    this was probably the worst storyline IMO

Mind expanding on why? Too detailed, unbelievable...?

As for me, I agree that it was the best storyline. Most of the time it had a point, and even now on different playthroughs I'm still picking up new parts of the plot which I didn't before which makes me react like "oh, wait, MAYBE" etc, so it's good in the sense that it keeps you guessing really. And when it comes to the detail, definitely more advanced than other games tbh, because you can kinda tell a lot of effort was put into getting Ghetsis', N, and everything else to add up so it seemed somewhat interesting.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    If you are going to try and spoil us then use Spoiler tags.
    If one doesn't want to be spoiled, then whatever are they doing clicking on threads called 'best storyline' in a section designed to discuss these games though? =/

It probably is imo the best out of the main handheld Pokemon games in terms of story (but I enjoyed the GCN games' storylines over B/Ws), but imho calling it one of the best in any sort of video game is fairly laughable given the lack of focus on many characters given (the sages who you never battle? The ninjas? The two women in the opening sequence who appear a grand total of once in the game itself and give vague statements?) and how Team Plasma weren't that well present in terms of its common members imo too.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    For a handheld Pokemon game, the storyline stands above the rest and is one of B/W's redeeming qualities. It does pale in comparison to Colosseum/XD and other RPG's, however. Still, I enjoyed the way the events with Team Plasma developed as well as the fact that the rivals and Gym Leaders actually play a pretty big role in the whole scheme of things.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Yeah, best storyline for the game. Period.
    But it's not the very best in overall pokemon franchise. The basic plot were already in some Pokemon manga. It kinda makes me wonder what Gmaefreak's story writer had be doing. Saying it the best sounds too overrated for me

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I loved the story in BW. It really delved into the duality of being a trainer, and N really put out a topic that I've been thinking about for years: is it really okay to capture pokemon? It's basically enslavement, and despite the fact that Cheren and Bianca kept saying "they're friends with pokemon and not enslaving them"...whenever I was given the choice to agree with N or not...I did. This is the deepest story I've seen in a pokemon, though it's still pokemon, so they intentionally made it kiddy even still (despite the fact that pokeon is not a kids game, but kids are a big part of the audience) and made the climax give the message "trainers = good guys and they don't enslave pokemon" which really disappointed me.

Either way, great story for a Pokemon game.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Agreed, As much as I loved other Pokemon games, this one had the best plot to experience. I can't put it to word, but all I can say, it was full of "Drama" I loved it how the 3D Graphic and Advanced Camera System actually played the trick into making the story suspenseful and full of Drama.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
    I think that BW has the most interesting storyline from Pokémon games so far, I enjoyed White almost as much as good old GSC.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    In my opinion it has a slightly better storyline of the mainstream games, but it can't be compared to PMD ones.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    To be honest.. I didn't enjoy this story too much. I felt like just when it got interesting.. your "friends" came over and gave you some weird tutorial or speech about saving blah blah and it kinda got me out of it.
    My favourite story was with team magma/aqua.

I dunno.. maybe it would've been more interesting if they actually took pokemon from you (temporarily) to make you actually.. feel like they were doing something evil instead of just saying "LOL LET'S MAKE EVERYONE RELEASE THEIR POKEMON."

I saw how there were two sides to the story too early on and N didn't feel like a villain to me.. he just felt like a member of the PTA or something.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
    It had a really nice storyline, just wish it was longer, and yeah, it does sound like we're enslaving them and using them as tools.

Last edited:
    Back