Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should I add Mega Evolution to this game?
Yes, of course! 27 71.05%
No, that would ruin it! 9 23.68%
Mega Evolution? What's that? 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 12th, 2015 (4:57 PM). Edited August 16th, 2016 by Bobsomeness.
Still waiting for that elevator

Nature: Jolly

The Introduction
Pokémon. From the huge Kyogre, slicing through the darkest depths of the sea, to the majestic and mysterious Arceus, soaring through the cosmos, they have always amazed us. There are so many that have been discovered and so many more that are yet to be found. Catching them all is a task the most ambitious strive to accomplish. Sadly, those in the region of Kanto once could not do this. But that is no longer true! Join us on an adventure of epic proportions through the newly reformed Kanto region, where new surprises await! Feel the intense rush of Talonflame's embers, the incredible whooshing sound of Staraptor's razor sharp wings, and the terrifying roar of Tyrantrum, all in one region! Are you ready? Then what are you waiting for? Come on in and Ketchum all!
Well, what makes this hack different from the other billion Fire Red remixes?
It has every single Pokemon in existence - even the generation seven ones! (see screenshots for more details)
Mega evolution! That's right! Real mega evolution!
Everything in Mr. Dollsteak's patch (Not really original, but it's a feature)
New gyms with no specific typing! Instead, they will be based on battle styles (eg Brock is hazards, Misty is status effects, etc.) As far as I know, this is the first hack to attempt this. That's right! You won't see this anywhere else!
Raised difficulty (Wait what? You actually have to grind now?)

Progress Report:
As of July 24th, 2016:
Bewear, a gen 7 Pokemon, has been added! Here's a report of what else is done so far:
-All trainers in Viridian Forest are added!
-Brock and Misty are done!
-Mega evolution! Yay!
Beta testing will start soon, after I add the wild Pokemon!

Screenies:
Spoiler:

Tools Used:
Hackmew's awesome thumb compiler
FBI's ASM Tutorials
The Quick R&D Thread
The ASM Resource Thread
Advance Map
Xtreme ScriptEditor
G3HS
Misc. Editor
Gen 3 Tools
Imgur
Touched's Mega Evolution Thread
Chaos Rush Sprites
Mr. Dollsteak Sugimori Palletes and Gen 6 Sprites
thedarkdragon11 Gen 7 Pokemon GBA Sprite Repository (64x64)

Special Thanks to:
Mr. Dollsteak
Hackmew
FBI
curiters
Sceptile90
absoluzion
Touched
thedarkdragon11
Chaos Rush
Nintendo/Gamefreak/Pokemon
...and all the creators of all the tools I used
Think I forgot you? PM me!

Beta Testers:
curiters
Sceptile90
absoluzion
the-bromie

Youtubers:
the-bromie
Me (Bobsomeness)

New beta coming soon!
Estimated Release Date: July 30th
This release will be playable up to Cerulean City
Attached Files
File Type: ips Kanto Reformation Version 0.25.ips‎ (467.0 KB, 340 views) (Save to Dropbox)
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't too scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 13th, 2015 (5:25 AM).
I'mma Wrong Grammar person

Nature: Lonely
therefore u include all gen 4, 5, and 6 ?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 13th, 2015 (5:49 AM). Edited June 13th, 2015 by Parkercl.

Sorry, i´m new in this forum, where is the download link?

And about the game, i think that follow the pokemon-red line is perfect, an add all pokemon from I to VI gen makes me want to download and try it.
Hw¿ow about jotho? it sounds great for u? is it hard to add? or is not the idea..
Old June 13th, 2015 (4:24 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiters View Post
therefore u include all gen 4, 5, and 6 ?
Yes, all of them.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't too scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 13th, 2015 (4:27 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkercl View Post
Sorry, i´m new in this forum, where is the download link?

And about the game, i think that follow the pokemon-red line is perfect, an add all pokemon from I to VI gen makes me want to download and try it.
Hw¿ow about jotho? it sounds great for u? is it hard to add? or is not the idea..
Yea, I'll try to add Johto after Kanto is planned out. There is no download link as of now.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 13th, 2015 (4:36 PM).

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 13th, 2015 (4:41 PM).

Quote:
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 13th, 2015 (5:25 PM).

So I've been thinking lately, what can I do to make this game more interseting? That's when it struck me. Mega evolution! But, I first want to hear what you guys think. I've posted a poll that will automatically close in a week, so please answer before then!

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 13th, 2015 (7:18 PM).

how about added some post game or side quest ? make some story how mega evolutions work for pokemon why they need to mega evolve just like that.
Well im just giving an idea.

Old June 13th, 2015 (8:50 PM).
The Psycho Pokemon

Try to do something with how EV training is handled since Fire Red lacks the EV reducing berries. Some hacks have emulated the Super Training mini games to some extent. Try allowing tor something akin to the Pokethlon to work with EVs.
Old June 13th, 2015 (9:48 PM).
Don't trust people.

Nature: Quiet
This was approved without a download? Wtf whatever lol. Seems like an ok idea, but the 870
rom base is REALLY BUGGY it seems. :/

Old June 14th, 2015 (3:06 AM).

Putting all 870 pokemons in Kanto + Sevii is actually bad idea.
This is a very small region, and squeezing all pokemons into it will not make it better.
Old June 14th, 2015 (10:50 AM).

Quote:
how about added some post game or side quest ? make some story how mega evolutions work for pokemon why they need to mega evolve just like that.
Well im just giving an idea.
Yea, I'll try something like that.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 14th, 2015 (10:53 AM).

It will be so much better with only the first and second gen of pokemons available, like only the 251 first
Old June 14th, 2015 (11:51 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStorm20x View Post
This was approved without a download? Wtf whatever lol. Seems like an ok idea, but the 870
rom base is REALLY BUGGY it seems. :/
Yea, I'm trying to fix most of them. At least there aren't any gamebreaking ones that I've found (yet)...

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 14th, 2015 (11:52 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn711 View Post
It will be so much better with only the first and second gen of pokemons available, like only the 251 first
I'll take your advice into consideration. If more people start requesting this, I'll do that.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 14th, 2015 (11:53 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewko View Post
Putting all 870 pokemons in Kanto + Sevii is actually bad idea.
This is a very small region, and squeezing all pokemons into it will not make it better.
Thanks for the advice. If lots of people start to say this, I might change it.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 14th, 2015 (4:21 PM).

I certainly wouldn't mind having Gen I-VI Pokemon in game, as long as you expanded the Sevii islands more and maybe added some more maps to account for the extra Pokemon.
Old June 14th, 2015 (4:39 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomness View Post
I certainly wouldn't mind having Gen I-VI Pokemon in game, as long as you expanded the Sevii islands more and maybe added some more maps to account for the extra Pokemon.
I'll see what I cam do. Thanks for your feedback

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 14th, 2015 (8:19 PM).

Nature: Impish
I suggest you hand-pick around 151-251 Pokemon (depends on how large you'd plan the Sevii Island expansion) from all the available generations, making sure to pay attention to the balance of type and role distribution in the game (e.g. choose 1-2, and not more, between Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove line to fulfill the Earlygame Bird Role).

For reference, take a look at the official Black/White regional dex (which is so balanced in type distribution you can run a mono-type playthrough with almost every type) and Doesn't Know How To Play's Yet Another Fire Red Hack (151 Pokemon picked across five generations).

In general, start small. Make sure the core game is stable enough before trying to execute something big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBobberson View Post
Do you like the idea of gym leaders with no specific typing?
FWIW, I think this is a great idea that could give your hack a unique feel. You can also play around with specific team themes (defense/stall, weather, hyper-offense, status effect, etc.) if you wanted to, suited to the leaders' personality and difficulty relative to their in-game positioning.

Take heart and good luck.
Old June 15th, 2015 (1:22 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRoad View Post
I suggest you hand-pick around 151-251 Pokemon (depends on how large you'd plan the Sevii Island expansion) from all the available generations, making sure to pay attention to the balance of type and role distribution in the game (e.g. choose 1-2, and not more, between Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove line to fulfill the Earlygame Bird Role).

For reference, take a look at the official Black/White regional dex (which is so balanced in type distribution you can run a mono-type playthrough with almost every type) and Doesn't Know How To Play's Yet Another Fire Red Hack (151 Pokemon picked across five generations).

In general, start small. Make sure the core game is stable enough before trying to execute something big.

FWIW, I think this is a great idea that could give your hack a unique feel. You can also play around with specific team themes (defense/stall, weather, hyper-offense, status effect, etc.) if you wanted to, suited to the leaders' personality and difficulty relative to their in-game positioning.

Take heart and good luck.
Thanks for your encouragement! Unfortunately I can't work on it today because my computer is down (I'm using a chromebook right now).

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 15th, 2015 (2:59 PM).

I think stick to the original 386 BUT include their evolutions and pre-evolutions i.e Budew and Roserade for Roselia. You could use the newer evolutions as part of some story for the Sevvi. That was where I was going with my hack but I'm no good at scripting or ASM.
Old June 15th, 2015 (4:26 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoonbeam View Post
I think stick to the original 386 BUT include their evolutions and pre-evolutions i.e Budew and Roserade for Roselia. You could use the newer evolutions as part of some story for the Sevvi. That was where I was going with my hack but I'm no good at scripting or ASM.
Good idea, I'll think on it.

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 16th, 2015 (2:01 PM).

I know many of you are saying that all pokemon from generations 1-6 in the Kanto Region feels a bit cramped.
So I have a question. If I added new maps to the Kanto mainland (eg: a graveyard near Lavender Town) and expanded the Sevii Islands, would you be fine with all the new pokemon, or will it still feel cramped?

Jesus is Lord!

My Projects:
Old June 16th, 2015 (2:22 PM).
Gage Linkous

Sounds really cool! Looks like an awesome hack. Just be wary not to put too much on yourself, as some aspects may suffer if ya start stressing. But the hack has great potential!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links