Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

TrollandToad.com
 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 24th, 2011 (8:35 AM).
Charicific's Avatar
Charicific Charicific is offline
PkMn Trainer
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: None of Your Business
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 505
    Sorry for the misspelled Title..
    Hi, just allow me to say that I am not into competitive battling like too much. However I wanted to build a fire type team. Its something personal between me and someone else, so expect weird combination.

    My team need to have a Full set of Fire Types, in my case, 4. Currently I have an Infernape, Charizard, and A Ninetale. The purpose of this thread is to help me with the EVs of this Ninetale. I basically won't use him offensively. I just use him for his drought ability. I taught him flamethrower and solarbeam (+drought).

    So I am currently EV training him, but I have no idea were to invest other than speed. Can you help me out? I want to max out his speed and give him average spA and spD. Is it any good? Can you please tell me where to invest instead of these, that is if my distribution won't work well.

    And since we are on the subject of a Fire Type team, what Other Fire type Pokemon do you recommend me to complete the set?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old September 24th, 2011 (8:42 AM).
    Physco's Avatar
    Physco Physco is offline
    2+2=5
       
      Join Date: Sep 2011
      Location: Beyond time as we know it
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 48
      I know another good fire-type Pokemon,
      Magmortar.
      To get it you first have to get a Magby.
      If you have LeafGreen inserted in your GBA slot then go to Route 227.
      There is an 8% chance of catching one.
      I am guessing you have Diamond or Pearl (or Platinum)
      You evolve Magby to Magmar then trade Magmar while it is holding Magmarizer.
      Or...
      You could migrate a Arcanine from Firered or have it inserted in the GBA slot and go to Route 201/202 to get Growlithe and give it a FireStone to evolve it to Arcanine.
      Good Luck!
      (P.S. You can give Ninetales some Carbos to raise its speed)
      __________________
      I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
      Once there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The End!" -Patrick Star
        #3    
      Old September 24th, 2011 (9:02 AM).
      Charicific's Avatar
      Charicific Charicific is offline
      PkMn Trainer
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Location: None of Your Business
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 505
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Physco View Post
        I know another good fire-type Pokemon,
        Magmortar.
        I knew it!! It was the first thing that crossed my mind
        Anyway, part of the question was which EV should I invest on Ninetales?
        Can you help in this one?
          #4    
        Old September 24th, 2011 (9:09 AM).
        Physco's Avatar
        Physco Physco is offline
        2+2=5
           
          Join Date: Sep 2011
          Location: Beyond time as we know it
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 48
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
          I knew it!! It was the first thing that crossed my mind
          Anyway, part of the question was which EV should I invest on Ninetales?
          Can you help in this one?
          Oh no, I cant.
          Sorry I'm not good at that kind of stuff.
          I just know where to find good Pokemon.
          But, I could suggest looking at Bulbapedia or Google..
          __________________
          I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
          Once there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The End!" -Patrick Star
            #5    
          Old September 24th, 2011 (9:37 AM).
          zommy08's Avatar
          zommy08 zommy08 is offline
          Crimson Trainer
             
            Join Date: Jan 2010
            Location: Opelucid City
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 217
            Ninetales has good Sp. Defense, so you could try to max out SpDef or make it a mixed wall and mix 252 between SpDef and Defense.
            __________________
            me being online after pretty much not being online since 4th gen lolwat hi
              #6    
            Old September 24th, 2011 (10:01 AM).
            Charicific's Avatar
            Charicific Charicific is offline
            PkMn Trainer
               
              Join Date: Jul 2011
              Location: None of Your Business
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 505
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by zommy08 View Post
              Ninetales has good Sp. Defense, so you could try to max out SpDef or make it a mixed wall and mix 252 between SpDef and Defense.
              is it wise to neglect his spA? Or will the drought cover that flaw?
                #7    
              Old September 24th, 2011 (10:35 AM).
              tente2's Avatar
              tente2 tente2 is offline
              "Outta my way, dammit!"
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Location: Snowpoint City
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bashful
                Posts: 403
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
                is it wise to neglect his spA? Or will the drought cover that flaw?
                Remember, he's just there for drought.

                I immeadietly suggest Chandelure but I don't follow the tiers so I don't know if it's banned by now. It can pull of Solar Beam, Inferno, etc. with it's superb stats.

                Since Nintales won't be used for attacking so much, you could do something like Will-o-Wisp or something. You could also run Safeguard, if your opponent is going to use status problems (do yo know what your friend is going to use?) Another option might be Grudge.

                Do you know what your opponent is using? (Are they monotyping too?) If you don't, it's helpful to be prepared for everything, a pure Fire, Fire-Fighting, and Fire-Flying isn't prepared for Water types.

                I put your team through the Marriland type-table thingy and the weaknesses don't look good. (I would post an image of the table, but I'd have to go through the Photobucket crap and I'm too lazy, sorry)
                Your major weakness are: 3 weak to water, two weak to ground(Charizard sort of counters this but it's still a weak spot) and 4x weakness to rock located in Charizard (making it's counter to ground useless because ground pokemon typically learn rock moves and vice versa).

                Also, are you using just four pokemon or are you using two non-fire pokemon? If the latter, it's still not wise to have four pokemon with a common weakness. Maybe Heat Rotom could cover up the Water weakness, but it's HP is pitiful and won't last long. Again, it really depends on whether those other two slots will be used or not: If they will, you might want to go with Chandelure, Magmortar (as somebody else said), etc., but if they won't, you may have to use Heat Rotom to cover up your weaknesses.
                __________________
                  #8    
                Old September 24th, 2011 (10:57 AM).
                Charicific's Avatar
                Charicific Charicific is offline
                PkMn Trainer
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2011
                  Location: None of Your Business
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 505
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
                  Remember, he's just there for drought.

                  I immeadietly suggest Chandelure but I don't follow the tiers so I don't know if it's banned by now. It can pull of Solar Beam, Inferno, etc. with it's superb stats.

                  Since Nintales won't be used for attacking so much, you could do something like Will-o-Wisp or something. You could also run Safeguard, if your opponent is going to use status problems (do yo know what your friend is going to use?) Another option might be Grudge.

                  Do you know what your opponent is using? (Are they monotyping too?) If you don't, it's helpful to be prepared for everything, a pure Fire, Fire-Fighting, and Fire-Flying isn't prepared for Water types.

                  I put your team through the Marriland type-table thingy and the weaknesses don't look good. (I would post an image of the table, but I'd have to go through the Photobucket crap and I'm too lazy, sorry)
                  Your major weakness are: 3 weak to water, two weak to ground(Charizard sort of counters this but it's still a weak spot) and 4x weakness to rock located in Charizard (making it's counter to ground useless because ground pokemon typically learn rock moves and vice versa).

                  Also, are you using just four pokemon or are you using two non-fire pokemon? If the latter, it's still not wise to have four pokemon with a common weakness. Maybe Heat Rotom could cover up the Water weakness, but it's HP is pitiful and won't last long. Again, it really depends on whether those other two slots will be used or not: If they will, you might want to go with Chandelure, Magmortar (as somebody else said), etc., but if they won't, you may have to use Heat Rotom to cover up your weaknesses.
                  Thanks for the info and just so that you know, I am limited to choose only 4 PkMns and all of them must be fire types. I use drought so that I might expect a sweep. This team is not specialized for serious competitive online battles, as i said b4, its something personal.
                    #9    
                  Old September 24th, 2011 (11:41 AM).
                  Mister Coffee's Avatar
                  Mister Coffee Mister Coffee is online now
                  Blathering Fool
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lax
                    Posts: 821
                    I would invest in Special Defense EV's for Ninetails, and go for a pokemon like Magmortar or Blaziken.
                    __________________
                    Masters of Hoenn


                    "Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
                      #10    
                    Old September 24th, 2011 (11:47 AM).
                    staryu_beast's Avatar
                    staryu_beast staryu_beast is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2010
                      Location: Goldenrod city
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 36
                      Ninetails doesn't have very good stats. Use Blissey and teach it softboiled, flamethrower, sunny day, and toxic. Then give it the rock that extends sunny day's effect.
                        #11    
                      Old September 24th, 2011 (12:08 PM). Edited September 24th, 2011 by tente2.
                      tente2's Avatar
                      tente2 tente2 is offline
                      "Outta my way, dammit!"
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                        Location: Snowpoint City
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bashful
                        Posts: 403
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
                        Thanks for the info and just so that you know, I am limited to choose only 4 PkMns and all of them must be fire types. I use drought so that I might expect a sweep. This team is not specialized for serious competitive online battles, as i said b4, its something personal.
                        Yes, but if said other person has bulky waters, it could be dangerous. Besides, if you're requesting EVs, it must have at least a thin layer of competetive battling in it, right? But, if you really want to just sweep, I suggest Chandelure or Magmortar. Chandelure has the higher SpAtk by about 25 points. It has slightly lower Spdef by 5 and a Speed lower by 3, and lower HP by 15 (and far lower attack, but that is completely irrelevant).

                        As other people have said, I do suggest investing majorly in Speed, and then second priority SpDef. In fact, I'm really bad with EVs, so you should be listening to other people, not me :P
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by staryu_beast View Post
                        Ninetails doesn't have very good stats. Use Blissey and teach it softboiled, flamethrower, sunny day, and toxic. Then give it the rock that extends sunny day's effect.
                        It's a fire only team. It'd be a nice idea though.
                        __________________
                          #12    
                        Old September 24th, 2011 (12:30 PM).
                        staryu_beast's Avatar
                        staryu_beast staryu_beast is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2010
                          Location: Goldenrod city
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 36
                          It's a fire only team. It'd be a nice idea though.[/QUOTE]

                          Yeah but you can still use it. I think as long as it has fire moves it can be used right?
                            #13    
                          Old September 24th, 2011 (1:48 PM).
                          Anti's Avatar
                          Anti Anti is offline
                          return of the king
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2007
                          Location: Kobe's Reality
                          Gender: Other
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 10,813
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Physco View Post
                          Oh no, I cant.
                          Sorry I'm not good at that kind of stuff.
                          I just know where to find good Pokemon.
                          But, I could suggest looking at Bulbapedia or Google..
                          It isn't very useful to tell someone to Google something. ;(

                          This is probably better for this thread in the future since this is actually a pretty simple request. For now I'll lock this, but if you have a completed team of six Pokemon that you'd like help with, you can repost or I can open it for you.

                          EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was in In-Game Team Help. That's where you want to post something like this since that's where non-competitive battling threads go.
                          __________________
                          Why are the beautiful sick and divided like myself?
                           

                          Quick Reply

                          Join the conversation!

                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:33 PM.