Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #651    
Old February 7th, 2012 (1:57 AM).
Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Not here, at least.
    Age: 20
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 1,146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
    Wii definitely needed a Colo/XD style game based on 4th gen Pokemon... sadly we never got one. maybe there will be a 5th gen sequel on either the 3DS or the Wii replacement console (which i can never remember the name of xD)
    Wii U. Sounds weird, I know. xD I think PBR was supposed to be like Colosseum/XD but it failed...miserably. I do hope they released something 5th Gen for the Wii. Or else I foresee another thick layer of dust within the next few years...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the 3-D effect of the 3DS would enhance any game's actual gameplay. It sounds more like a novelty to me, and could possibly serve as a distraction. I mean, with the 3-D turned off, is the thing any better graphically than the old DS hardware?
    After reading this, I tested my friend's 3DS without the 3D effects on. I didn't notice any major difference regarding graphics, but then again I haven't touched my DS for over a year so I may not be accurate.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #652    
    Old February 7th, 2012 (11:45 PM).
    Elite Overlord LeSabre™'s Avatar
    Elite Overlord LeSabre™ Elite Overlord LeSabre™ is offline
    On that 'Non stop road'
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Location: Shimoda City
    Age: 91
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 9,571
    Yeah that is a weird name, no wonder I can't remember it lol. PBR failed because of a lack of stuff to do... especially a story mode like in Colo/XD. About the only things they got right were introducing trainer customization, even as lacking as the PBR options were at least it was a start.

    And I can't fathom shelling out money for a 3DS if the only improvement is what is essentially a novelty... at least not till there's a fair selection of exclusive games I actually want. Which of course means at least two or three good JRPGs. IIRC, I didn't buy a DS until D/P came out.
    __________________

    Elite Overlord LeSabre™
    PC Vital Stats
    * Pair
    * PC Family
    * Bishies
    * VG Claims
    * Friend Codes
    Links
    * Blog
    * Web Site
    * Fan Fictions:
    * Leaf Green LP
      #653    
    Old February 8th, 2012 (12:44 AM).
    Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
    Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2010
      Location: Not here, at least.
      Age: 20
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 1,146
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
      Yeah that is a weird name, no wonder I can't remember it lol. PBR failed because of a lack of stuff to do... especially a story mode like in Colo/XD. About the only things they got right were introducing trainer customization, even as lacking as the PBR options were at least it was a start.

      And I can't fathom shelling out money for a 3DS if the only improvement is what is essentially a novelty... at least not till there's a fair selection of exclusive games I actually want. Which of course means at least two or three good JRPGs. IIRC, I didn't buy a DS until D/P came out.
      It sounds like some onomatopoeia to me. xD The only thing that drove me to complete PBR was those Pokemon they gave out (Electivire, Magmortar, Pikachu etc) which I sent to my Diamond and after I finished the game, I spent all the money on Mystery Gifts and never went back there ever again. Same here, I got my DS just before Platinum was released. The 3DS games haven't really caught my interest so far.
        #654    
      Old February 8th, 2012 (5:00 AM).
      Elite Overlord LeSabre™'s Avatar
      Elite Overlord LeSabre™ Elite Overlord LeSabre™ is offline
      On that 'Non stop road'
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Nov 2007
      Location: Shimoda City
      Age: 91
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 9,571
      Saying "Wii U" really fast kinda sounds like a police siren. I tried it myself xD And I didn't even bother with the special giveaway Pokemon (my team was already set in stone) so I just blew all my PBR cash on the rare berries and outfits for my character (even though I couldn't take her on a mission to defeat Cipher).

      One, maybe two 3DS games appeal to me, and that's simply not enough for me to get one.

      And am I the only one who thinks it would be odd to spread this generation of Pokemon games across two platforms? Though because of timing of the B/W release, it might be necessary...
      __________________

      Elite Overlord LeSabre™
      PC Vital Stats
      * Pair
      * PC Family
      * Bishies
      * VG Claims
      * Friend Codes
      Links
      * Blog
      * Web Site
      * Fan Fictions:
      * Leaf Green LP
        #655    
      Old February 8th, 2012 (8:26 AM).
      Overlord Drakow's Avatar
      Overlord Drakow Overlord Drakow is offline
      -CONQUERER
         
        Join Date: Oct 2007
        Location: Down Under
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 3,655
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
        Saying "Wii U" really fast kinda sounds like a police siren. I tried it myself xD And I didn't even bother with the special giveaway Pokemon (my team was already set in stone) so I just blew all my PBR cash on the rare berries and outfits for my character (even though I couldn't take her on a mission to defeat Cipher).

        One, maybe two 3DS games appeal to me, and that's simply not enough for me to get one.

        And am I the only one who thinks it would be odd to spread this generation of Pokemon games across two platforms? Though because of timing of the B/W release, it might be necessary...
        AHAHAHAHAHA YEAH LOL.

        I wish I hadn't read that now, it's gonna get stuck in my head.
        __________________
        "Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
        The Painist
          #656    
        Old February 8th, 2012 (8:39 AM).
        Oryx's Avatar
        Oryx Oryx is offline
        CoquettishCat
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 13,204
        Wuu?

        There's a resolution difference on the 3DS and the DS, and major graphical processing upgrades, so yeah even if they didn't use 3D (think SMT:Devil Survivor Overclocked) it would still have increased graphics if they designed it for the 3DS.

        I don't use my 3DS much anymore but I lovedddd it when I first got it. And I can't wait for the inevitable 3DS third game because it'll be great and amazing and I love the 3D even though everyone else hates it.
        __________________


        Theme * Pair * VM * PM

        Not all men...

        Are all men stupid?

        That's right.

          #657    
        Old February 8th, 2012 (9:01 AM).
        Overlord Drakow's Avatar
        Overlord Drakow Overlord Drakow is offline
        -CONQUERER
           
          Join Date: Oct 2007
          Location: Down Under
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 3,655
          I don't hate it Trolljours. It's a cute gimmick at first but after a while, I don't bother using it when playing.
          __________________
          "Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
          The Painist
            #658    
          Old February 8th, 2012 (9:53 AM).
          Elite Overlord LeSabre™'s Avatar
          Elite Overlord LeSabre™ Elite Overlord LeSabre™ is offline
          On that 'Non stop road'
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2007
          Location: Shimoda City
          Age: 91
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 9,571
          Yeah, if I ever get a 3DS I may or may not end up having the 3-D effect switched on. It all depends on whether the game looks better with it or if it's just distracting. And whether it disorients me. And from what I've read that could vary from game to game... some publishers seem to know how to use it while others just randomly throw 3-D effects into games because they can.

          And it's more like a "weeeee-uuuu" sound.
          __________________

          Elite Overlord LeSabre™
          PC Vital Stats
          * Pair
          * PC Family
          * Bishies
          * VG Claims
          * Friend Codes
          Links
          * Blog
          * Web Site
          * Fan Fictions:
          * Leaf Green LP
            #659    
          Old February 12th, 2012 (1:30 PM).
          vaporeon7's Avatar
          vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
          My life would suck without you
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 5,154
          I don't use the 3D very much anymore either when I'm playing games, because if I'm playing Mario Kart or something and till the 3DS, then the 3D goes blurry and it makes it harder.
          __________________
            #660    
          Old February 17th, 2012 (12:00 PM).
          Overlord Drakow's Avatar
          Overlord Drakow Overlord Drakow is offline
          -CONQUERER
             
            Join Date: Oct 2007
            Location: Down Under
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 3,655
            A whole working week without any posts in this topic. What is the world coming to, Trolljours? So let me ask this random ass question then. What kind of villains do you think the 6th generation of Pokemon games will have?
            __________________
            "Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
            The Painist
              #661    
            Old February 17th, 2012 (11:41 PM).
            Elite Overlord LeSabre™'s Avatar
            Elite Overlord LeSabre™ Elite Overlord LeSabre™ is offline
            On that 'Non stop road'
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2007
            Location: Shimoda City
            Age: 91
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 9,571
            Personally, I'd like to see a return to the old gangster style of villains like Team Rocket. Either that or a crazy group of religious fanatics that view Pikachu as their prophet and try to overpopulate the world with them... with Priest Red as their head honcho And that's the effect that years of living in Mount Silver in complete solitude has on a person's brain...

            The latter group can be given the oh-so-imaginative name, "Team Pika."
            __________________

            Elite Overlord LeSabre™
            PC Vital Stats
            * Pair
            * PC Family
            * Bishies
            * VG Claims
            * Friend Codes
            Links
            * Blog
            * Web Site
            * Fan Fictions:
            * Leaf Green LP
              #662    
            Old February 18th, 2012 (5:34 AM).
            Yoshikko's Avatar
            Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
            the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2011
            Gender: Other
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 3,041
            I am for the gangster villains like Team Rocket was. They have always been, and always will be my favourite villains. Team Galaxy and Plasma were just not making sense to me, whatever their goal was.
            __________________
              #663    
            Old February 18th, 2012 (5:35 AM).
            Zeffy's Avatar
            Zeffy Zeffy is offline
            bowties are cool
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Apr 2009
            Age: 20
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 6,381
            I agree with Team Pika. I also want gangster villains. Either that or add more silly game mechanics! xD
            __________________
              #664    
            Old February 18th, 2012 (12:59 PM).
            Archenoth's Avatar
            Archenoth Archenoth is offline
            The arch foe
               
              Join Date: Jan 2012
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 467
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Drakow View Post
              A whole working week without any posts in this topic. What is the world coming to, Trolljours? So let me ask this random ass question then. What kind of villains do you think the 6th generation of Pokemon games will have?
              Ok, so we already have the mob (Rocket), Specialized environmentalists (Aqua and Magma), A cult (Galaxy), and PETA (Plasma)...

              I think we could probably see a fascist team, where the grunts are actually fearful of their higher up ruler. That would be cool to break up.
                #665    
              Old February 19th, 2012 (5:36 AM).
              Amachi's Avatar
              Amachi Amachi is offline
              (。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2006
                Location: Australia
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 5,877
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
                I am for the gangster villains like Team Rocket was. They have always been, and always will be my favourite villains. Team Galaxy and Plasma were just not making sense to me, whatever their goal was.
                If I recall correctly, Galaxy's leader wanted to recreate the world, free of humans or something. I thought Plasma (on the surface) was pretty straight forward (protect Pokemon from human "abuse"). The hidden motive of the leader was pretty clear as well (power).
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Archenoth View Post
                I think we could probably see a fascist team, where the grunts are actually fearful of their higher up ruler. That would be cool to break up. :)
                I don't think you actually know what fascism means, but judging by your description, Plasma fit that quite well.

                An actually fascist group would be pretty interesting though, but I don't believe Pokemon really has the concept of nations for that to even be possible. Hell, we've never even seen anything like a Government or state aye? Everything just comes magically. That said, there was a war in the past, so they could link it to that and develop it.
                __________________
                CHILL OUT DUDES, I GOT THIS
                Paired with Juicy.
                  #666    
                Old February 19th, 2012 (5:58 AM).
                Yoshikko's Avatar
                Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
                the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2011
                Gender: Other
                Nature: Hasty
                Posts: 3,041
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Amachi View Post
                If I recall correctly, Galaxy's leader wanted to recreate the world, free of humans or something. I thought Plasma (on the surface) was pretty straight forward (protect Pokemon from human "abuse"). The hidden motive of the leader was pretty clear as well (power).
                Well, what I meant was that Team Plasma contradicts themselves by using Pokémon whilst having the goal to free them of humans.
                __________________
                  #667    
                Old February 19th, 2012 (6:06 AM).
                Archenoth's Avatar
                Archenoth Archenoth is offline
                The arch foe
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 467
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Amachi View Post
                  I don't think you actually know what fascism means, but judging by your description, Plasma fit that quite well.

                  An actually fascist group would be pretty interesting though, but I don't believe Pokemon really has the concept of nations for that to even be possible. Hell, we've never even seen anything like a Government or state aye? Everything just comes magically. That said, there was a war in the past, so they could link it to that and develop it.
                  This is actually what I mean, and to be honest I actually never really thought of Team Plasma that way until you mentioned it... They would fit under that description since they share that same form of identity.

                  But to have a violent political clash between groups would make for an interesting game. Where the lower downs don't actually want to fight, but do because of orders, or possibly fear...

                  I doubt a theme like this will exist in the Pokemon world, but one can muse...
                    #668    
                  Old February 19th, 2012 (5:22 PM).
                  Amachi's Avatar
                  Amachi Amachi is offline
                  (。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2006
                    Location: Australia
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 5,877
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
                    Well, what I meant was that Team Plasma contradicts themselves by using Pokémon whilst having the goal to free them of humans.
                    Ah ok. Well yeah, they're hypocrites as well.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Archenoth View Post
                    This is actually what I mean, and to be honest I actually never really thought of Team Plasma that way until you mentioned it... They would fit under that description since they share that same form of identity.

                    But to have a violent political clash between groups would make for an interesting game. Where the lower downs don't actually want to fight, but do because of orders, or possibly fear...

                    I doubt a theme like this will exist in the Pokemon world, but one can muse...
                    I don't think fear is all too realistic (or characteristic) of fascist groups. Sure they can influence outsiders through fear and intimidation, but members often support the values of the group, perhaps with a cult-like fixation like Galaxy.

                    I would like to see a Pokemon game set during a war or something Lt. Surge was in a war, so they exist in the series.
                    __________________
                    CHILL OUT DUDES, I GOT THIS
                    Paired with Juicy.
                      #669    
                    Old February 24th, 2012 (5:15 AM).
                    Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
                    Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2010
                      Location: Not here, at least.
                      Age: 20
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 1,146
                      What about a Nazi-themed villainous group? With a totalitarian dictator as the leader who wants wipe out Pokemon, while using brainwashed Pokemon to slay their own kind. Seems possible. :o
                        #670    
                      Old February 24th, 2012 (5:45 AM).
                      Oryx's Avatar
                      Oryx Oryx is offline
                      CoquettishCat
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2011
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 13,204
                      Do you think they'd get so dark as to reference Nazis? XD I'm not sure they'd actually go that far. Although destroying the world is objectively worse, it's like a cartoon villain dream, as opposed to Nazis.
                      __________________


                      Theme * Pair * VM * PM

                      Not all men...

                      Are all men stupid?

                      That's right.

                        #671    
                      Old February 24th, 2012 (9:12 AM).
                      The Author's Avatar
                      The Author The Author is offline
                      The Hero of Knothole Glade
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2011
                        Location: Knothole Glade
                        Age: 19
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 381
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
                        Do you think they'd get so dark as to reference Nazis? XD I'm not sure they'd actually go that far. Although destroying the world is objectively worse, it's like a cartoon villain dream, as opposed to Nazis.
                        Yeah.... Nazis + Pokémon = never gonna happen. Ever.
                        __________________
                        The Disciple
                        The Poet
                        The Leader
                        The Musician
                        The Transcendentalist

                        The Author
                        The Philosopher
                        The Architect
                        The Psychologist
                        The Artist
                          #672    
                        Old February 24th, 2012 (9:17 AM).
                        Esper's Avatar
                        Esper Esper is offline
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2009
                        Location: California
                        Posts: 10,562
                        They could do it. Maybe not overly, but they could. We've had the mafia (Rocket), environmental terrorists (Aqua/Magma), fanatical cults (Galactic), and whatever you want to call Plasma.

                        Actually, now that I look at it, they've been moving to less realistic villain teams with every new game.
                        __________________
                          #673    
                        Old February 24th, 2012 (9:31 AM).
                        Oryx's Avatar
                        Oryx Oryx is offline
                        CoquettishCat
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 13,204
                        Plasma is PETA.

                        They might be able to do Nazis if they did like...just the idea and no actual references, like what they've done in the past. The idea of wiping out just Pokemon and leaving all humans to live without them could be done somewhat tastefully I think.
                        __________________


                        Theme * Pair * VM * PM

                        Not all men...

                        Are all men stupid?

                        That's right.

                          #674    
                        Old February 24th, 2012 (12:16 PM).
                        Yoshikko's Avatar
                        Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
                        the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2011
                        Gender: Other
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 3,041
                        People would be onto that though and maybe it would become controversial etc or some people might not approve of something like that being referenced in a childs game and blah blah.
                        __________________
                          #675    
                        Old February 26th, 2012 (9:07 PM).
                        Kyris Kyris is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 16
                          So, I'm horrible with names. But I wanted to name my pokemon team. Heres what I'm using, and their role.

                          ferrothorn - lead, entry hazards.
                          Hydreigon - special sweeper.
                          Chandelure - special sweeper.
                          Garchomp - physical sweeper.
                          Lucario - physical sweeper.
                          alomomola - cleric.

                          I'm thinking of naming Hydreigon Omega. Not sure the other 5.
                          Closed Thread

                          Quick Reply

                          Join the conversation!

                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:42 AM.