• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Leavanny vs [Scolipede]

Leavanny or Scolipede?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Black and White Weekly Poll: Leavanny vs Scolipede

542Leavanny_Dream.png
545Scolipede_Dream.png

With permission from Toujours, we're taking PG's idea (since they're not doing them often anymore) and making our own (somewhat stealing Pokemon Anime's idea too - except this is only in-game comparisons, PA's is only anime comparisons), Unova-specific in-game weekly polls!

The way it'll work is each week we'll come up with two Pokemon considered to be the most similar and post a thread asking for you guys to pick the best in three ways:

- the Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game
- the Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with
- the best designed

At the end of the week, you guys vote and one of the two wins. We'll add the winner to a list to return later on, matching up the most similar, once we go through all the main "opposites" in Unova. When we're done? You'll see (maybe there will even be a style made dedicated to the winning Pokemon - hint hint!)

We'll also only use the final forms of the Pokemon, but you are however allowed to vote for the Pokemon based upon anything else in its evolution line. :)

Without any further ado... who do you pick, Leavanny or Scolipede?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
the Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game
Leavanny. I don't like Bug types and I don't like Poison types for the most part haha. Leavanny is the least bug-like Bug type.

the Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with
I'm going with neutral on this one because idk how either of them work in battle, haha.

the best designed
Leavanny. Call me a girl but I just don't like millipedes....Plus that shade of red/purple is ugly. :(

So that means I'm voting for Leavanny! Hope it wins tbh xD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I thought we were doing weekly polls long before anyways so wouldn't they be copying BW?

In terms of usage I would more then likely opt to use Leavanny. As for most fun to use in battle I honestly don't know since I really haven't got around to using either. When they were depicted in the Anime though I liked Leavanny depictions compared to Scolipede at least in terms of battles. Eh I am not overly fond of either design but if I had to chose I'd go with Scolipede. Too me Leavanny is a couple leafs bunched up together to form a pokemon.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Out of the two, I prefer Leavanny. It would be the one I would use in-game if I had one space left on the team. Even though it is 4x weak to fire and flying I still would use it because I like a bit of a challenge. I also find Soclipede much uglier than Leavanny. Scolipede looks like some weird horseman/bug thing to me and I find it overall ugly. Leavanny on the other hand I am pretty neutral with. I like its appearance much more and I would enjoy battling with it more. It also looks pretty cool shiny.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Imma vote for scolipede.

I recently levelled one for my Pokedex, and I kinda like it's look. Kind of intimidating for a bug. I don't know whether it is good in battle or not, but I can see it being better than Levanny anywho

Years
I vote for Leavanny. I hate Scolipede's colours and its horse-like design is annoying.
I would prefer Leavanny for the above reason. I don't have a clear image which one is a better battler, but probably Scolipede. Nonetheless, I would enjoy using Leavanny more because I hate using mons I don't like.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
the Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game
Well, the only one of these I've actually used in-game is Leavanny. But, Scolipede definitely looks to have amazing potential. Both of these Pokemon have the benefit of being able to Baton Pass Swords Dance, though Leavanny only through breeding. Both of them are decent physical sweepers. Scolipede gets the benefit of Megahorn, which, with Swords Dance, is a force to be reckoned with. But, where Leavanny wins this is the fact that Leavanny learns one of my favorite moves: Leaf Blade. And thus, the verdict in this category is Leavanny.
the Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with
Despite what I just mentioned, I think playing around with Scolipede's high speed and easily accessible Baton Pass abilities would be very fun indeed. Poison Point also makes him fun, annoying your opponent. Leavanny... well, just doesn't have a whole lot of variety when it comes to offensive strategies, whereas Scolipede can serve both as a Baton Passer and a physical sweeper. The verdict in this category is Scolipede.
the best designed
Now, here's where the choice is easy: Leavanny. Scolipede is quite simply a giant centipede. Nothing really unique there. Leavanny, on the other hand, has an excellent design with its leafy clothes. And Leavanny is among my favorite Gen V Pokemon overall. Leavanny wins here.

Overall, the score is 2-1 Leavanny. The winner of my vote is Leavanny.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Leavanny was a important part of my team so I'm going to vote for her. I'm thinking of using Scolipede in my next team when I get time for that. Scolipede seems to be more "divide and conquer"-support while Leavanny could stand her own ground for quite some time.

jkls39

Gate Master
Years
. That would be Scolipede. I had battled many trainers in Pokemon B/W and seeing these trainers use Scolipede makes me think that I want to capture a Venipede, too, and evolve into Scolipede. But, I'm not really a fan of Bug-types though I have a Bug/Fire-type in my party which is Volcarona but only that! I have no more Bug-types with me even in my PC Box!

. Yet again, I would choose Scolipede because seeing the trainers using Scolipede, its speed is really awesome and strong, too!

- the best designed
. I would choose both Leavanny and Scolipede as best-designed Pokemons. :)

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
The Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game?
I havent used either of them yet but I think I would lean more towards scolipede because it is easier to evolve. Happiness is annoying when you cant let the pokemon faint. But I'm gonna do a bug monotype soon and will include them both. Also poison works pretty good in-game
The Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with?

While leavanny has a higher BST, scolipede has more variety. It can learn toxic spikes and spikes through breeding. It also has strong attacking moves and can sweep. Leavanny can really only sweep not many other options. Grass isn't always the best sweeping type anway.Plus all those weaknesses!
The Pokemon you think has the best design?

Leavanny looks like a mother/nanny which is exactly what is was supposed to. It's hands also look pretty cool as blades. Scolipede, while big and intimidating is another one of those "animal pokemon" that sort of looks like a normal animal. Its back sprite is pretty cool though.

Leavanny - 1 Scolipede - 2
Vote goes to Scolipede

Years
My vote went to Scolipede cos my buddy PlatinumDude uses one and he likes it.

Also, it's easier to evolve than Leavanny (happiness can take forever!)

It's fast, strong and packs a Poison punch in battle!

I have one myself, but don't often use it. I have heard how strong it can be in Trainer battles.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2012
Scolipede is by far my favorite. It was the cornerstone of my team (much to my surprise--it even replaced my starter). It has a very strong defense, and a considerable offense as well, especially with the more-powerful bug and poison attacks introduced in B/W.

I am a huge fan.

I do concede, however, that it is ugly. Leavanny wins the design competition.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Most likely to use in-game: Scolipede. It's fast, despite its huge size. Sure, it has less Attack than Leavanny, but it has a wider move pool to work with; it even gets Earthquake and Megahorn.

Most fun to battle with: Scolipede. Even though I only used mine as a physical sweeper, it's also a pretty good Baton Passer. Leavanny is pretty much one-dimensional and it's walled by Steel Pokemon hard.

Best designed: As much as I hate to say it: Leavanny. It kind of looks like a human mother in my eyes.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Scolipede all the way. It has a better design and I prefer using it in game. Its first stage, Venipede, is also my favourite Pokémon.

blue

gucci
Years
I love Leavanny, so cute but then Scolipede is tough and I'm currently training one myself, I've yet to train a Leavanny though I probally will have one on my team in Pokémon Grey.

o'yeah.. I voted for Leavanny.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
I used both of them in-game, and I found Leavanny more fun to use. Scolipede is still cool, but my Leavanny was a beast!

Does this mean competitive wise? I don't do many Wi-Fi battles, but I'd still probably go with Leavanny.

- the best designed
I think Scolipede has the better design. It actually looks like it could do damage, while Leavanny is anything but intimidating.

Overall, my vote is for Leavanny.

.Ashberto

Peanut-butter-jelly-time
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
I voted for Scolipede simply because I love it's design and it's fun to use. It's not the best pokemon in the game, but it's not the worst in the game either. Leavanny just doesn't appear to me, maybe it looks too girly for me? :cer_confused:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

Leavanny for sure! Although my reasoning ties into it's design, I do like grass pokemon, not so much poison-types.

Leavanny also. With X-scissor and leaf blade, matched with swords dance, and an attack stat of 103, Leavanny is really fun to use in battle.

- the best designed
Leavanny of course.

So...Leavanny wins!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The Pokemon you would be more likely to use in-game
If I had to choose, probably Leavanny. I avoid Poison and Grass critters like the plague, but Poison infinitely moreso. Leavanny wins on a technicality of me having to choose one.

The Pokemon you think can be the most fun to battle with
Scolipede seems to have a better moveset, overall... so if I did end up using it, it'd probably be more fun than Leavanny, to be honest.

The best designed Pokemon
Leavanny. Scolipede is kinda fugly, and the harshness of Leavanny's design seems to suit it, for some reason.

Back