Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!

Old January 25th, 2014 (8:47 PM).
I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leafbarrett View Post
    So are there any plans for patches for this? Because sorry, I can't hex edit. Literally every time I've tried (not hyperbole), all I've managed to do is screw up the game.
    9 times out of 10 if you ask for a patch in the Research and Development forum you're not going to get one, just so you know. This is usually because this stuff requires a knowledge of ASM and cannot be inserted easily without messing up your ROM (unless it's a clean ROM) because if the patch overwrites an offset that's already been used it can cause some nasty issues. Also, it doesn't seem that there's any information reguarding how to actually add a new type here. Perhaps Dragoon might be willing to make a tutorial or add to this thread to describe the process.

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 25th, 2014 (10:33 PM).
    Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
      9 times out of 10 if you ask for a patch in the Research and Development forum you're not going to get one, just so you know. This is usually because this stuff requires a knowledge of ASM and cannot be inserted easily without messing up your ROM (unless it's a clean ROM) because if the patch overwrites an offset that's already been used it can cause some nasty issues. Also, it doesn't seem that there's any information reguarding how to actually add a new type here. Perhaps Dragoon might be willing to make a tutorial or add to this thread to describe the process.
      Just saying...since Dragoon=ShyRayq=me, there is a tutorial for this...by me.
      So, one can just follow that. Or just use MrDollSteak's rom base for easy, no hassle adding of the Fairy type.
      Living Pokedex Complete: LG, E, Pl, Y, OR, M
      Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
      Quick Reply

Sponsored Links