The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Research & Development
Research Chaos Rush's 649 on Ruby Project

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old January 28th, 2012 (1:02 AM).
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
The Faltine
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: Slovenia
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 3,572
    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    You seem to be forgetting that my rom has 129 new moves added. I didn't replace any moves. I added new moves.
    No, I think what he meant was to replace the moves you added with already existing moves (or a single existing move, to make it easier for you) in a list, then write a program to export/import movesets from the list into the ROM, and then change the few newly added moves in the ROM manually.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old January 29th, 2012 (4:27 PM).
    Awkward Squirtle Awkward Squirtle is offline
    ,@,e .ºoO
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 110
      I meant replacing the moves in the movesets of the Pokémon. Let's say you didn't add Natural Gift. Your script would then find all instances of Natural Gift in Pokémon's movepools, and replace it with another move such as Present.

      Obviously you can't just copy/paste the data, as B/W level-up move data has a different format to Ruby move data (mainly that the two move ID bytes are separate from the level byte) - you'd use a script written in e.g. Python to convert the B/W move list to Ruby format. While you're doing that, you can translate all the move index numbers to the Ruby index numbers, and replace any unimplemented move IDs as described above.
        #78    
      Old February 11th, 2012 (12:13 PM).
      Chaos Rush's Avatar
      Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
      im sexy and i know it
         
        Join Date: May 2007
        Location: Taylor Swift
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 1,296
        Just posting to say that all Generation I Pokemon have their movesets updated.

        Also debating on whether I should not add Gen V Pokemon in order to save time, so I can restart Pokemon DarkViolet faster.
        __________________

        My projects:
        Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
        Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
        Sonic Classic Heroes
        Sonic 3 Complete
          #79    
        Old February 11th, 2012 (1:52 PM).
        MegaKuriboh's Avatar
        MegaKuriboh MegaKuriboh is offline
        Yare Yare Daze
           
          Join Date: Jan 2009
          Location: Morioh
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 787
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
          Just posting to say that all Generation I Pokemon have their movesets updated.

          Also debating on whether I should not add Gen V Pokemon in order to save time, so I can restart Pokemon DarkViolet faster.
          I really love the 5th Gen Pokemon, I would really appreciate it if you would add them too.
          __________________
            #80    
          Old February 11th, 2012 (2:19 PM).
          Jambo51's Avatar
          Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
          Glory To Arstotzka
             
            Join Date: Jun 2009
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 732
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
            Just posting to say that all Generation I Pokemon have their movesets updated.

            Also debating on whether I should not add Gen V Pokemon in order to save time, so I can restart Pokemon DarkViolet faster.
            Well, even if you decide not to include them, you should probably leave what you HAVE done with them in. There's no point in adding all that stuff, only to remove it now. So my argument would be, if you DON'T decide to include the 5th gen Pokémon, leave their spaces open so that people can insert fakemon etc into the spaces.
            __________________
            Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
              #81    
            Old February 11th, 2012 (2:24 PM).
            Chaos Rush's Avatar
            Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
            im sexy and i know it
               
              Join Date: May 2007
              Location: Taylor Swift
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 1,296
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
              Well, even if you decide not to include them, you should probably leave what you HAVE done with them in. There's no point in adding all that stuff, only to remove it now. So my argument would be, if you DON'T decide to include the 5th gen Pokémon, leave their spaces open so that people can insert fakemon etc into the spaces.
              The current base I'm working on doesn't have any Gen IV or V Pokemon added yet. Just 129 new moves. This is because when I first started this project I wasn't planning on adding Gen IV and V moves. I have an older base with Gen IV and V Pokemon included (just the names and expanded tables), but I've abandoned that base and have since started a new one. So I won't be deleting anything, since I haven't added it yet.

              EDIT: I'll probably just add 156+ blank spaces so people could insert Gen V Pokemon if they want. And don't worry, I'll still make Gen V sprites in my sprite project, so people will have a decent set of sprites to use.
              __________________

              My projects:
              Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
              Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
              Sonic Classic Heroes
              Sonic 3 Complete
                #82    
              Old February 11th, 2012 (4:38 PM).
              MegaKuriboh's Avatar
              MegaKuriboh MegaKuriboh is offline
              Yare Yare Daze
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2009
                Location: Morioh
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 787
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                The current base I'm working on doesn't have any Gen IV or V Pokemon added yet. Just 129 new moves. This is because when I first started this project I wasn't planning on adding Gen IV and V moves. I have an older base with Gen IV and V Pokemon included (just the names and expanded tables), but I've abandoned that base and have since started a new one. So I won't be deleting anything, since I haven't added it yet.

                EDIT: I'll probably just add 156+ blank spaces so people could insert Gen V Pokemon if they want. And don't worry, I'll still make Gen V sprites in my sprite project, so people will have a decent set of sprites to use.
                Well, that works I guess. Although, that means I have to get up my lazy butt and learn to insert stuff
                __________________
                  #83    
                Old February 14th, 2012 (11:47 AM).
                ZpAnish's Avatar
                ZpAnish ZpAnish is offline
                Ex-Con
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2012
                  Location: Trinidad & Tobago
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 10
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                  The current base I'm working on doesn't have any Gen IV or V Pokemon added yet. Just 129 new moves. This is because when I first started this project I wasn't planning on adding Gen IV and V moves. I have an older base with Gen IV and V Pokemon included (just the names and expanded tables), but I've abandoned that base and have since started a new one. So I won't be deleting anything, since I haven't added it yet.

                  EDIT: I'll probably just add 156+ blank spaces so people could insert Gen V Pokemon if they want. And don't worry, I'll still make Gen V sprites in my sprite project, so people will have a decent set of sprites to use.
                  No hair off my back, i'm majorly a fan of Gen 1 & 2. Can't wait til it's all finished :D
                  __________________
                  I'm from Zpain?.....Seems legit
                  Hacks I Support




                    #84    
                  Old February 17th, 2012 (10:48 AM).
                  Fiori Fiori is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 10
                    What a pity that you give up the Emerald patch.
                    I'd like to do the job myself, but i'v no idea what should i do to extend the number of pokemon.
                    I saw you have done these:
                    *Re-point Pokémon names table
                    *Re-point Base stats table
                    *Re-point front sprites table
                    *Re-point back sprites table
                    *Re-point normal palettes table
                    *Re-point shiny palettes table
                    *Re-point TM-compatibility table

                    I wanna ask ,is it enough i just repoint those tables and insert the new pokemons datas?
                      #85    
                    Old February 25th, 2012 (4:58 PM).
                    Chaos Rush's Avatar
                    Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                    im sexy and i know it
                       
                      Join Date: May 2007
                      Location: Taylor Swift
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 1,296
                      Guys, I'm debating on whether having Gen IV and V moves are worth it. I just want to start Pokemon DarkViolet sooner and this is taking forevverrrrrrrrr. Do you guys think having Gen IV and V moves are worth it? (either way I will still have 493+ Pokemon)


                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Fiori View Post
                      What a pity that you give up the Emerald patch.
                      I'd like to do the job myself, but i'v no idea what should i do to extend the number of pokemon.
                      I saw you have done these:
                      *Re-point Pokémon names table
                      *Re-point Base stats table
                      *Re-point front sprites table
                      *Re-point back sprites table
                      *Re-point normal palettes table
                      *Re-point shiny palettes table
                      *Re-point TM-compatibility table
                      Actually that's what I've done on an older base. But then I decided I wanted Gen IV moves. So I restarted and all I've done on the new base is repoint+extend the the move name table, and repoint+extend the move animation table. and I'm currently in the process of updating the first 386 Pokemon's movesets.


                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Fiori View Post
                      I wanna ask ,is it enough i just repoint those tables and insert the new pokemons datas?
                      Yes. But you have to repoint ALL the tables. If you miss one things will glitch up/not work. Also ASM work is required if you want new Pokemon to show up in the Pokedex.
                      __________________

                      My projects:
                      Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
                      Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
                      Sonic Classic Heroes
                      Sonic 3 Complete
                        #86    
                      Old February 26th, 2012 (1:35 AM).
                      Fiori Fiori is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 10
                        Quote:
                        Yes. But you have to repoint ALL the tables. If you miss one things will glitch up/not work. Also ASM work is required if you want new Pokemon to show up in the Pokedex.
                        thanks, i will try to do it.
                          #87    
                        Old February 26th, 2012 (10:38 AM).
                        iRyahn's Avatar
                        iRyahn iRyahn is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 179
                          Honestly the moves aren't that important. Just move on and once you finish the project you can go back and slowly add the rest of the moves if you really want. Not trying to rush you or anything, just my opinion.
                            #88    
                          Old February 27th, 2012 (8:20 PM).
                          ZpAnish's Avatar
                          ZpAnish ZpAnish is offline
                          Ex-Con
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2012
                            Location: Trinidad & Tobago
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quirky
                            Posts: 10
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by iRyahn View Post
                            Honestly the moves aren't that important. Just move on and once you finish the project you can go back and slowly add the rest of the moves if you really want. Not trying to rush you or anything, just my opinion.
                            I agree,and again, we don't want to rush you. Remember...you're the Boss
                            __________________
                            I'm from Zpain?.....Seems legit
                            Hacks I Support




                              #89    
                            Old March 3rd, 2012 (11:33 PM).
                            Chaos Rush's Avatar
                            Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                            im sexy and i know it
                               
                              Join Date: May 2007
                              Location: Taylor Swift
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 1,296
                              Because of this game breaking glitch with the physical/special split system, I decided that I'm no longer going to have 4th Gen moves. However, I will still have 493 (or more) Pokemon.

                              Here is a patch containing all the work I did on adding new moves before Jambo51 discovered the game-breaking glitch. This patch is for Pokemon Ruby, and it contains:
                              *font from Pokemon Emerald
                              *129 new total moves (Gen IV and V)
                              *All Generation I Pokemon have updated movesets (this means that they will learn moves from Gen IV and V through level up, for example, Sandshrew learns Gyro Ball at Lv33 on this patch)
                              *A few Generation II Pokemon have updated movesets
                              *If you're wondering why I made Mewtwo and Mew learn Psycho Boost is because it's plot related in my future hack Pokemon DarkViolet. Who cares anywaylol

                              I strongly recommend NOT using this patch for a hack. This patch is merely for messing around, as it contains the game-breaking glitch that Jambo51 documented. This is not an official release, this is just an experimental patch.
                              Attached Files
                              File Type: ips RubyNewMoves.ips‎ (29.4 KB, 54 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                              __________________

                              My projects:
                              Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
                              Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
                              Sonic Classic Heroes
                              Sonic 3 Complete
                                #90    
                              Old March 4th, 2012 (2:36 AM).
                              Jambo51's Avatar
                              Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                              Glory To Arstotzka
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 732
                                You are aware that this glitch is actually relatively easy to fix? It might not be the most attractive solution, but it works. I don't think you should throw away all that work for the sake of one tiny, easily fixed, glitch.
                                __________________
                                Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                  #91    
                                Old March 4th, 2012 (10:02 AM).
                                Chaos Rush's Avatar
                                Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                                im sexy and i know it
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2007
                                  Location: Taylor Swift
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 1,296
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                  You are aware that this glitch is actually relatively easy to fix? It might not be the most attractive solution, but it works. I don't think you should throw away all that work for the sake of one tiny, easily fixed, glitch.
                                  Which is why I haven't deleted anything
                                  __________________

                                  My projects:
                                  Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
                                  Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
                                  Sonic Classic Heroes
                                  Sonic 3 Complete
                                    #92    
                                  Old March 4th, 2012 (1:45 PM).
                                  Jambo51's Avatar
                                  Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                  Glory To Arstotzka
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2009
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 732
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                                    Which is why I haven't deleted anything
                                    I keep saying to you that you should ask me for help if you need it. Provide me with the location of this same glitch, or with the location of the hacked code for the split, and I will knock out a fix for you to insert within a few hours at worst.

                                    It's not the prettiest, but it works. I also worked out how the battle scripts work well enough to mimic most moves from Gen 4 and 5.

                                    However, this stretches only to combinations of existing effects, as opposed to creating brand new effects. For brand new effects, it may be necessary to use a custom callasm battle script command.
                                    __________________
                                    Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                      #93    
                                    Old March 4th, 2012 (1:53 PM).
                                    Chaos Rush's Avatar
                                    Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                                    im sexy and i know it
                                       
                                      Join Date: May 2007
                                      Location: Taylor Swift
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 1,296
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                      I keep saying to you that you should ask me for help if you need it. Provide me with the location of this same glitch, or with the location of the hacked code for the split, and I will knock out a fix for you to insert within a few hours at worst.

                                      It's not the prettiest, but it works. I also worked out how the battle scripts work well enough to mimic most moves from Gen 4 and 5.
                                      Sorry, I didn't know you already had a fix ready since you haven't posted it in that other thread.

                                      I'm kinda busy right now, but later today I will find where the stuff is located in Ruby (I just search for similar bytes from FireRed, works every time). And yes, I understand that you will gladly provide me with help, it's just that I like to do things in order one at a time, so right now my focus is adding movesets and making sprites, which I can do by myself. Everything that I know I will need help with (such as Pokedex), I simply haven't gotten to that yet since I'm focusing on adding movesets and finishing the sprites first (I hope I don't sound rude, let me make this clear: I think you are really awesome and I really appreciate that you will help me) But like I said, I will find the Ruby offsets sometime today or next weekend, and you are awesome for taking care of this glitch.
                                      __________________

                                      My projects:
                                      Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
                                      Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
                                      Sonic Classic Heroes
                                      Sonic 3 Complete
                                        #94    
                                      Old March 4th, 2012 (11:28 PM).
                                      Fiori Fiori is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Dec 2011
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 10
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                        It's not the prettiest, but it works. I also worked out how the battle scripts work well enough to mimic most moves from Gen 4 and 5.
                                        Could please you tell me ,if i wrote a battel script how can i call this and do not affect the original routine?
                                        thank you.
                                          #95    
                                        Old March 5th, 2012 (9:15 PM).
                                        willitoh's Avatar
                                        willitoh willitoh is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Feb 2012
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 3
                                          Hi, first of all, guys you really really rock! i'm new at this but I don't know if I missed it but, does it help you that I write the new movesets on a txt file, so you just copy them? at list the names and lvls, not the hex code or whatever it is called. Just to help you with the big bunch of stuff to write. IDK i just want to help a little

                                          - imo, why adding more pokes without adding at least some basic new moves? for example, armaldo is pretty lame without x-scissor.
                                            #96    
                                          Old March 6th, 2012 (2:12 PM).
                                          Chaos Rush's Avatar
                                          Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                                          im sexy and i know it
                                             
                                            Join Date: May 2007
                                            Location: Taylor Swift
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 1,296
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by willitoh View Post
                                            Hi, first of all, guys you really really rock! i'm new at this but I don't know if I missed it but, does it help you that I write the new movesets on a txt file, so you just copy them? at list the names and lvls, not the hex code or whatever it is called. Just to help you with the big bunch of stuff to write. IDK i just want to help a little
                                            I've already been doing that. This is because I only added 129 new moves, it would be impossible for me to keep track of which moves I didn't add, so I wrote every single Pokemon's new moveset in a text file, so then I don't have to keep track of the moves I didn't add.

                                            Quote:
                                            - imo, why adding more pokes without adding at least some basic new moves? for example, armaldo is pretty lame without x-scissor.
                                            Except that I'm already doing that also. That's why this is taking a ridiculously long amount of time, I still haven't finished updating the movesets of the 386 Pokemon already in the rom.


                                            I feel like I've explained this like 9999999 times already...
                                            __________________

                                            My projects:
                                            Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
                                            Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
                                            Sonic Classic Heroes
                                            Sonic 3 Complete
                                              #97    
                                            Old March 6th, 2012 (6:43 PM).
                                            willitoh's Avatar
                                            willitoh willitoh is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Feb 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 3
                                              Yeah sry, I just got confused + I was kind a drowsy so I end up lost. Well I just wanted to do one's bit.
                                                #98    
                                              Old March 12th, 2012 (12:52 PM).
                                              rstar095's Avatar
                                              rstar095 rstar095 is offline
                                              Baby Seal Clubber
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                                Location: NewFoundland
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Serious
                                                Posts: 24
                                                Wow, I have been gone from this site for about 2 years now, only occasionally logging in to check out a few hacks, and what is being done with this project seems unreal. Great work to you guys, if you all finish it, you will get the recognition you deserve
                                                __________________
                                                This signature has been disabled.
                                                Too tall
                                                Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                                You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                                Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                                  #99    
                                                Old March 13th, 2012 (2:24 PM).
                                                tommzy09 tommzy09 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jan 2010
                                                  Posts: 61
                                                  Should do this on Emerald instead of Ruby
                                                    #100    
                                                  Old March 14th, 2012 (5:16 AM).
                                                  willitoh's Avatar
                                                  willitoh willitoh is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Feb 2012
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Posts: 3
                                                    He will not, since Ruby uses less data.
                                                    Closed Thread
                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:51 AM.