Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old May 4th, 2012 (5:17 PM). Edited May 4th, 2012 by redriders180.
redriders180's Avatar
redriders180 redriders180 is offline
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 540
    Just as a point of clarification, are the front sprites from the first post already recolored to what you want, or are we supposed to do that?

    Edit: I'll just assume that it is. Here's my attempt:

    Hopefully it's up to scratch. I didn't end up resizing the frontsprite, because, from paw to firetip, it was the exact same size as the Gen III sprite. If this is an issue, I can resize it, although it seemed fine when I tested it.
    __________________


    I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.



    Relevant Advertising!

      #152    
    Old May 4th, 2012 (7:57 PM).
    Chaos Rush's Avatar
    Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
       
      Join Date: May 2007
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1,297
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
      Just as a point of clarification, are the front sprites from the first post already recolored to what you want, or are we supposed to do that?

      Edit: I'll just assume that it is. Here's my attempt:

      Hopefully it's up to scratch. I didn't end up resizing the frontsprite, because, from paw to firetip, it was the exact same size as the Gen III sprite. If this is an issue, I can resize it, although it seemed fine when I tested it.
      Yes, the front sprites sheets on the first post are already colored to what I want. But why did you change the colors of Quilava's backsprite? The Quilava front sprite in the sheet is exactly the same as HG/SS, with no color alterations whatsoever, so the backsprite shouldn't have the different colors you used. Your backsprite has different color distribution to the HG/SS backsprite, which is weird because my front sprite is straight from HG/SS.

      As for resizing the front sprite, you're not judging correctly. The amount of pixels does not matter at all, actually. Think of it this way: if R/S/E Quilava was to pose like HG/SS Quilava, how big would it be?

      Asides from those issues I mentioned, you resized the backsprite perfectly (except it looks like you missed a few pixels on it's back fire, but I can fix that). Don't worry about fixing the front or backsprites, I'll resize the front sprite myself, but I'll use your backsprite after I fix the colors and fire. Thank you for your contribution
      __________________
        #153    
      Old May 4th, 2012 (8:18 PM).
      redriders180's Avatar
      redriders180 redriders180 is offline
      Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
         
        Join Date: Jun 2010
        Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 540
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
        Yes, the front sprites sheets on the first post are already colored to what I want. But why did you change the colors of Quilava's backsprite? The Quilava front sprite in the sheet is exactly the same as HG/SS, with no color alterations whatsoever, so the backsprite shouldn't have the different colors you used. Your backsprite has different color distribution to the HG/SS backsprite, which is weird because my front sprite is straight from HG/SS.

        As for resizing the front sprite, you're not judging correctly. The amount of pixels does not matter at all, actually. Think of it this way: if R/S/E Quilava was to pose like HG/SS Quilava, how big would it be?

        Asides from those issues I mentioned, you resized the backsprite perfectly (except it looks like you missed a few pixels on it's back fire, but I can fix that). Don't worry about fixing the front or backsprites, I'll resize the front sprite myself, but I'll use your backsprite after I fix the colors and fire. Thank you for your contribution
        Ah, I'm sorry. I'm generally a very analytic person by nature, so I typically use numbers, like pixel height, to figure out if things look right. I changed the color of the backsprite because I thought you changed the color of the frontsprite; I neglected to check with the existing sprites, so that was my fault. I couldn't figure out what part of the back fire I missed...My only conclusion was that you're talking about the flame to the farthest right, which doesn't have an outline. The original sprite also didn't have an outline there, so I was just emulating that. Of course, it's your sprite, so put any outlines you want on it

        Of course, I don't mean to sound critical or anything. My main goal was to thank you, both for your sprites and for allowing me to help
        __________________


        I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


          #154    
        Old May 4th, 2012 (8:27 PM).
        Chaos Rush's Avatar
        Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2007
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1,297
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
          Ah, I'm sorry. I'm generally a very analytic person by nature, so I typically use numbers, like pixel height, to figure out if things look right. I changed the color of the backsprite because I thought you changed the color of the frontsprite; I neglected to check with the existing sprites, so that was my fault. I couldn't figure out what part of the back fire I missed...My only conclusion was that you're talking about the flame to the farthest right, which doesn't have an outline. The original sprite also didn't have an outline there, so I was just emulating that. Of course, it's your sprite, so put any outlines you want on it

          Of course, I don't mean to sound critical or anything. My main goal was to thank you, both for your sprites and for allowing me to help
          I'm talking about this:


          Yes, I know the right part doesn't have an outline on the original sprite, but the left part does. The outline looks really sloppy in your sprite, while in the original its really clean.

          Also even though the sheets I posted for Gen I-III contain recolored sprites, not every Pokemon is recolored. I only recolor the Pokemon that don't look anything like their Sugimori art, such as Parasect or Golem. I've also recolored certain Pokemon to mesh better with their evolutionary families (and their Sugimori art), hence why I changed Gallade's red thing to maroon, because the Ralts family's red things in the B/W sprites are maroon, and Gallade's thing in its Sugimori art is also maroon, just like Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir's Sugimori art. But there are plenty of Pokemon that I didn't change the colors at all, such as Charizard and Steelix.

          EDIT: Just for clarification, I don't mean to sound angry or anything. I really appreciate it when people like you help, especially when they do a good job, because the way you resized the backsprite (not the color issue, but the actual clean up job you did) is actually really good.
          __________________
            #155    
          Old May 4th, 2012 (8:33 PM). Edited May 4th, 2012 by redriders180.
          redriders180's Avatar
          redriders180 redriders180 is offline
          Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
             
            Join Date: Jun 2010
            Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 540
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
            I'm talking about this:


            Yes, I know the right part doesn't have an outline on the original sprite, but the left part does. The outline looks really sloppy in your sprite, while in the original its really clean.

            Also even though the sheets I posted for Gen I-III contain recolored sprites, not every Pokemon is recolored. I only recolor the Pokemon that don't look anything like their Sugimori art, such as Parasect or Golem. I've also recolored certain Pokemon to mesh better with their evolutionary families (and their Sugimori art), hence why I changed Gallade's red thing to maroon, because the Ralts family's red things in the B/W sprites are maroon, and Gallade's thing in its Sugimori art is also maroon, just like Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir's Sugimori art. But there are plenty of Pokemon that I didn't change the colors at all, such as Charizard and Steelix.

            EDIT: Just for clarification, I don't mean to sound angry or anything. I really appreciate it when people like you help, especially when they do a good job, because the way you resized the backsprite (not the color issue, but the actual clean up job you did) is actually really good.
            Oh, I see what you mean...I was looking at my sprite zoomed in, and I'm sure you know that viewing a sprite might look good zoomed in, but bad zoomed out. Now I can stop cluttering up your thread... Thanks again for everything...hopefully, I'll end up doing some more sprite work for you.

            EDIT: I just saw you edited yours before I posted my response. For lack of a fancier way to say it, you don't sound angry. I'm honored that someone with your expertise in spriting thinks highly of me; I was worried the whole time that you'd hate it, to be honest. I'll definitely help as much as I can!
            __________________


            I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


              #156    
            Old May 4th, 2012 (8:47 PM).
            Chaos Rush's Avatar
            Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2007
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,297
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
              Oh, I see what you mean...I was looking at my sprite zoomed in, and I'm sure you know that viewing a sprite might look good zoomed in, but bad zoomed out. Now I can stop cluttering up your thread... Thanks again for everything...hopefully, I'll end up doing some more sprite work for you.

              EDIT: I just saw you edited yours before I posted my response. For lack of a fancier way to say it, you don't sound angry. I'm honored that someone with your expertise in spriting thinks highly of me; I was worried the whole time that you'd hate it, to be honest. I'll definitely help as much as I can!
              lol please do! Just for future reference, on average for most 4th Gen front sprites, I resized about 90%. There are indeed some Pokemon that don't need resizing, for instance, I did not resize Shellos, or Chingling. Pokemon like Koffing or Cyndaquil don't need resizing either. Just use good judgement I guess.
              __________________
                #157    
              Old May 4th, 2012 (9:21 PM).
              halcyonic halcyonic is offline
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2012
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 1,477
              Hey Chaos Rush, how's 5th Gen going? Sice you have such magical powers, my works will never help you. But I can look forward to this.
                #158    
              Old May 4th, 2012 (9:38 PM).
              Chaos Rush's Avatar
              Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                 
                Join Date: May 2007
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 1,297
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MidnightShine View Post
                Hey Chaos Rush, how's 5th Gen going? Sice you have such magical powers, my works will never help you. But I can look forward to this.
                If you look at the first post, you'll see that I'm at Herdier.
                __________________
                  #159    
                Old May 5th, 2012 (10:43 PM).
                redriders180's Avatar
                redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                  Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 540
                  Lets see if I can do this again...I decided to do Cyndaquil, because it seemed a little odd to start in the middle of an evolutionary line (Quilava is my favorite pokemon, which is why I jumped to it first). I took your advice and didn't resize the frontsprite (I hope you don't think I can only resize backsprites). Anyway, here it is:


                  I ended up spending nearly 45 minutes on the backsprite, and just as I was finished, I realised that HGSS and DPPt use different backsprites for Cyndaquil. I blame Bulbapedia; The normal backsprite was DPPt, and the shiny backsprite was HGSS -.-". I like the HGSS sprite more anyway.

                  I hope you like it D:
                  __________________


                  I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                    #160    
                  Old May 5th, 2012 (11:17 PM).
                  Chaos Rush's Avatar
                  Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2007
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1,297
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                    Lets see if I can do this again...I decided to do Cyndaquil, because it seemed a little odd to start in the middle of an evolutionary line (Quilava is my favorite pokemon, which is why I jumped to it first). I took your advice and didn't resize the frontsprite (I hope you don't think I can only resize backsprites). Anyway, here it is:


                    I ended up spending nearly 45 minutes on the backsprite, and just as I was finished, I realised that HGSS and DPPt use different backsprites for Cyndaquil. I blame Bulbapedia; The normal backsprite was DPPt, and the shiny backsprite was HGSS -.-". I like the HGSS sprite more anyway.

                    I hope you like it D:
                    Your main problem is perfecting the outlining. Just make sure you look at the unresized sprite while cleaning up, and make sure every single outline is as clean as possible. These are my edits:




                    Also never, ever get your sprites from Bulbapedia. Lots of Pokemon had their backsprites changed in Pokemon Platinum to fix anatomy errors, and a few Pokemon had even more changes to their backsprites in HG/SS. I get all of my backsprites from veekun: http://veekun.com/dex/downloads Bulbapedia only has the crappy anatomically incorrect D/P backsprites. Make sure all of your backsprites are from veekun, and choose HG/SS.
                    __________________
                      #161    
                    Old May 6th, 2012 (4:46 AM).
                    Rodriguezjames55's Avatar
                    Rodriguezjames55 Rodriguezjames55 is offline
                    No Jokes #MegaCharizard
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2012
                      Location: United states, New York, New York City, Bronx
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 391
                      Choas could you teach me yo use these magIc power i want too add pokemon to my FIRE OPAL
                      __________________
                        #162    
                      Old May 6th, 2012 (5:35 AM).
                      halcyonic halcyonic is offline
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2012
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 1,477
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Rodriguezjames55 View Post
                      Choas could you teach me yo use these magIc power i want too add pokemon to my FIRE OPAL
                      Dear Rodriguez, I don't think Chaos Rush would teach those. Actually, never. If you want to add Pokemon to Fire Opal, just use the sprites available from Chaos Rush right now using Wichu's Pokemon Sprite Editor.
                        #163    
                      Old May 6th, 2012 (8:26 AM).
                      Chaos Rush's Avatar
                      Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                         
                        Join Date: May 2007
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1,297
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Rodriguezjames55 View Post
                        Choas could you teach me yo use these magIc power i want too add pokemon to my FIRE OPAL
                        Well for front sprite, I just open up plain old MS Paint, shrink around 85%-90ish% depending on Pokemon, and then zoom in and smooth out all the distorted pixels, while looking at the original sprite right next to it as a reference.

                        For back sprites, I just open up MS Paint, shrink the HG/SS backsprite to exactly 80%, then zoom in and clean up the distorted pixels, while looking at the original sprite for reference.

                        For Unova Pokemon backsprites, I either make a custom sprite from scratch, using both the official backsprites and the Sugimori art as a reference, or I just crop part of the B/W backsprite and enlarge it, and then clean it up.

                        Also if a Pokemon's colors look absolutely nothing like its Sugimori art, such as Golem or Mantyke, then I adjust its color palette to resemble its Sugimori art more.
                        __________________
                          #164    
                        Old May 6th, 2012 (10:54 AM).
                        jbrown12333 jbrown12333 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2010
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 11
                          Chaos Rush, do you think you could elaborate on here about what you want specifically in an outline after a sprite has been resized? I find that to be the toughest part, and I bet that there are others out there (myself included) who would want to help more with the sprites if we knew how to do it "properly" (being an inexact science and all).

                          The rest seems pretty straightforward (80% on back sprites, relative size on front sprites, use correct palettes, etc.) but the outlining seems abstract. Any help would be appreciated, and I think the people who watch this thread would pay you back for it many times over. A layman's explanation though, please.

                          Thanks and keep it up.
                            #165    
                          Old May 6th, 2012 (11:24 AM). Edited May 6th, 2012 by Chaos Rush.
                          Chaos Rush's Avatar
                          Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                             
                            Join Date: May 2007
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 1,297
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by jbrown12333 View Post
                            Chaos Rush, do you think you could elaborate on here about what you want specifically in an outline after a sprite has been resized? I find that to be the toughest part, and I bet that there are others out there (myself included) who would want to help more with the sprites if we knew how to do it "properly" (being an inexact science and all).

                            The rest seems pretty straightforward (80% on back sprites, relative size on front sprites, use correct palettes, etc.) but the outlining seems abstract. Any help would be appreciated, and I think the people who watch this thread would pay you back for it many times over. A layman's explanation though, please.

                            Thanks and keep it up.

                            Looking at your backsprite, I circled the parts that I found problematic, and circled the corresponding part in the original (left is your sprite, right is HG/SS).

                            There are certain outlining techniques in the original sprite that you have to notice and observe, and then you have to replicate it in the resized sprite. You can't just "clean it up", because the outlining technique might be lost in the process. For instance, look at the big circle on Totodile's head. If you look at the HG/SS one, you can clearly see an outlining technique that was lost in your sprite. You have to look at the original and think, "Hm...why did the artist draw it this way?", and then apply the same logic to the resized sprite. Or at least, that's how I do it.

                            I'm not sure if this would help or not, but I went and did my own version of Totodile as an example, and you can compare them if you want.


                            Left is yours, right is mine. Hope this helps. Come to think of it, Totodile's original sprite is kinda weird anyways, I'm sure if you tried another Pokemon it'll look just fine.


                            EDIT:




                            If anyone can come up with a better backsprite for Stoutland, please go right on ahead...it was the best I could do after several designs, and I can't seem to come up with a better one. I personally think my Stoutland back is "okay".
                            __________________
                              #166    
                            Old May 6th, 2012 (9:27 PM).
                            redriders180's Avatar
                            redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                            Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2010
                              Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 540
                              I can't believe I'm posting another sprite... I almost feel like I'm doing too many. Maybe I should slow down? I feel like I'm cluttering up your nice thread

                              I felt a sense of obligation to finish out the Cyndaquil family by doing Typhlosion. I'll post it here first:



                              I was really stressing out over this one; I felt bad that you've had to redo all of mine, so I tried to make it perfect. I doubt I did though...you're much better at noticing that kind of stuff than I am, so I'll post here anyway and hope you'll forgive me for my poor outlining again

                              Also, that thicker bit near the base of Typhlosion's neck bugs me >_< I wanted to make it normal-sized, but the original sprite never lies, so thicker it is.

                              Edit: I remember what I was going to say. For Stoutland's sprite, it looks weird that you can only see one-half of the beard on the backsprite...It seems like you should maybe be able to see a little bit of it on the other side also. The darker brown also seems really dark; I don't know if you can tone it down or not.
                              ...
                              I sound super-critical, I think...I'm sorry! I just want to help D:
                              __________________


                              I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                #167    
                              Old May 7th, 2012 (1:05 PM). Edited May 8th, 2012 by Chaos Rush.
                              Chaos Rush's Avatar
                              Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2007
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1,297
                                Quote:
                                I can't believe I'm posting another sprite... I almost feel like I'm doing too many. Maybe I should slow down? I feel like I'm cluttering up your nice thread

                                I felt a sense of obligation to finish out the Cyndaquil family by doing Typhlosion. I'll post it here first:



                                I was really stressing out over this one; I felt bad that you've had to redo all of mine, so I tried to make it perfect. I doubt I did though...you're much better at noticing that kind of stuff than I am, so I'll post here anyway and hope you'll forgive me for my poor outlining again
                                There's some minor nitpicks, but I don't have time to list them right now. But its good enough for me to use (with some very minor edits), so I'll add it to the first post this weekend


                                Quote:
                                Also, that thicker bit near the base of Typhlosion's neck bugs me >_< I wanted to make it normal-sized, but the original sprite never lies, so thicker it is.
                                Yeah, but the original sprite doesn't have a clump of ugly red pixels either.

                                Quote:
                                Edit: I remember what I was going to say. For Stoutland's sprite, it looks weird that you can only see one-half of the beard on the backsprite...It seems like you should maybe be able to see a little bit of it on the other side also. The darker brown also seems really dark; I don't know if you can tone it down or not.
                                ...
                                I sound super-critical, I think...I'm sorry! I just want to help D:
                                Don't worry about sounding too critical. I don't like the Stoutland backsprite, so any suggestions on improvement are welcome. I'll take those suggestions into consideration.

                                EDIT: I'm afraid I'll only be using the Typhlosion backsprite (I had to make some edits though). The front sprite is too small, and there's some pixels you missed, like the dithering technique on Typhlosion's left foot/leg was lost in your resized version. Also there are pixel inconsistencies between your normal and shiny sprites. Are you recoloring them by hand? There's a special flawless method of recoloring that works much better than recoloring pixel by pixel, which I'm assuming you did.
                                __________________
                                  #168    
                                Old May 9th, 2012 (8:45 AM).
                                farmerluk farmerluk is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2012
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 11
                                  Your Gen IV sprites are great, you've done a brilliant job on them.
                                    #169    
                                  Old May 11th, 2012 (4:38 PM). Edited May 11th, 2012 by SkieTheKitsune.
                                  SkieTheKitsune's Avatar
                                  SkieTheKitsune SkieTheKitsune is offline
                                  Please call me FoxMan.
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                                    Location: The World of Dreams
                                    Age: 26
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Posts: 86
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post


                                    If anyone can come up with a better backsprite for Stoutland, please go right on ahead...it was the best I could do after several designs, and I can't seem to come up with a better one. I personally think my Stoutland back is "okay".
                                    I love the Stoutland backsprite you made, personally. But hey, that's just me. C:

                                    EDIT: It just occurs to me that I had actually attempted to make a custom sprite myself. I remember editing Archeops's sprite so that its tail is behind it, rather than dangling down below it, freeing up space so it fits within a 64x64 sprite. I was doing this for my hack (before I decided to stop using Archen's evolutionary line in favor of Tirtouga's), but I still have the leftover sprite. Just did a few touch-ups on it and then recolored it in Archeops' shiny palette.

                                    Lemme know what you think of it, if you don't like it, then that's no big deal. I have no backsprite only because I had used the actual B/W backsprites for all Gen V Pokemon (which I now realize looks really stupid). I'm debating on doing a backsprite, though, although that might be pushing my skill limits. :Y
                                      #170    
                                    Old May 12th, 2012 (10:45 AM). Edited May 12th, 2012 by Chaos Rush.
                                    Chaos Rush's Avatar
                                    Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: May 2007
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 1,297
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by SkieTheKitsune View Post
                                      I love the Stoutland backsprite you made, personally. But hey, that's just me. C:

                                      EDIT: It just occurs to me that I had actually attempted to make a custom sprite myself. I remember editing Archeops's sprite so that its tail is behind it, rather than dangling down below it, freeing up space so it fits within a 64x64 sprite. I was doing this for my hack (before I decided to stop using Archen's evolutionary line in favor of Tirtouga's), but I still have the leftover sprite. Just did a few touch-ups on it and then recolored it in Archeops' shiny palette.

                                      Lemme know what you think of it, if you don't like it, then that's no big deal. I have no backsprite only because I had used the actual B/W backsprites for all Gen V Pokemon (which I now realize looks really stupid). I'm debating on doing a backsprite, though, although that might be pushing my skill limits. :Y
                                      I don't like how choppy and rushed the tail looks, but I'll consider the idea of having the tail behind the sprite when I do Archeops's sprite.

                                      Oh and on the bright side:




                                      These backsprites turned out quite nicely IMO, almost as good as my Servine :D

                                      EDIT: Since making backsprites for Gen V Pokemon is significantly harder than making front sprites, I decided I'm going to focus completely on Gen V backsprites specifically. Similar to how Wiznatts had all the backsprites on one sheet, I'm going to do the same:


                                      This would speed up the process a little, and it allows other people to contribute more easily. (Jambo51 I hope you're fine with me doing this because I know you would prefer having front sprites and backsprites at the same time...)
                                      __________________
                                        #171    
                                      Old May 12th, 2012 (11:38 AM).
                                      Jambo51's Avatar
                                      Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                      Glory To Arstotzka
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2009
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Quiet
                                        Posts: 732
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                                        EDIT: Since making backsprites for Gen V Pokemon is significantly harder than making front sprites, I decided I'm going to focus completely on Gen V backsprites specifically. Similar to how Wiznatts had all the backsprites on one sheet, I'm going to do the same.

                                        This would speed up the process a little, and it allows other people to contribute more easily. (Jambo51 I hope you're fine with me doing this because I know you would prefer having front sprites and backsprites at the same time...)
                                        Yes, I would prefer them both together. However, I leave it entirely up to you. Whatever you feel works, go with it. In the mean time, I shall return to fighting against several ROMs and their Pokédexes...
                                        __________________
                                        Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                          #172    
                                        Old May 12th, 2012 (1:47 PM).
                                        SkieTheKitsune's Avatar
                                        SkieTheKitsune SkieTheKitsune is offline
                                        Please call me FoxMan.
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2009
                                          Location: The World of Dreams
                                          Age: 26
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Jolly
                                          Posts: 86
                                          Would you like me to try and fix the tail, Chaos Rush? I can agree that it definitely looks choppy. I also started working on Meowth and Persian (because I've now gotten inspiration to improve myself), although at the moment I'm not very happy with the way Meowth's backsprite looks.
                                          __________________
                                          Come check out my YT Page, if you'd like. In the middle of an Emerald Wingull Solo Run! Check it out.


                                          Mah Pokes.
                                            #173    
                                          Old May 12th, 2012 (1:51 PM).
                                          Chaos Rush's Avatar
                                          Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: May 2007
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 1,297
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by SkieTheKitsune View Post
                                            Would you like me to try and fix the tail, Chaos Rush? I can agree that it definitely looks choppy. I also started working on Meowth and Persian (because I've now gotten inspiration to improve myself), although at the moment I'm not very happy with the way Meowth's backsprite looks.
                                            Sure go ahead, but I can't guarantee I will use it, because my picky-ness is ridiculously high. Also I really hope you're not making custom backsprites for Meowth and Persian, all Pokemon from Gen I-IV will use their HG/SS backsprite resized 80%, and recolored to match the front sprite if necessary.
                                            __________________
                                              #174    
                                            Old May 12th, 2012 (1:53 PM).
                                            SkieTheKitsune's Avatar
                                            SkieTheKitsune SkieTheKitsune is offline
                                            Please call me FoxMan.
                                               
                                              Join Date: Mar 2009
                                              Location: The World of Dreams
                                              Age: 26
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Jolly
                                              Posts: 86
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                                              Sure go ahead, but I can't guarantee I will use it, because my picky-ness is ridiculously high. Also I really hope you're not making custom backsprites for Meowth and Persian, all Pokemon from Gen I-IV will use their HG/SS backsprite resized 80%, and recolored to match the front sprite if necessary.
                                              Okay, thanks. It's no big deal if you use it or not, I just wanted to get your opinion on it. C: Also, I'm not making anything custom, I'm using the HG/SS backsprites at 80% like you specified.
                                              __________________
                                              Come check out my YT Page, if you'd like. In the middle of an Emerald Wingull Solo Run! Check it out.


                                              Mah Pokes.
                                                #175    
                                              Old May 12th, 2012 (1:55 PM). Edited May 13th, 2012 by Chaos Rush.
                                              Chaos Rush's Avatar
                                              Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: May 2007
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 1,297
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by SkieTheKitsune View Post
                                                Okay, thanks. It's no big deal if you use it or not, I just wanted to get your opinion on it. C: Also, I'm not making anything custom, I'm using the HG/SS backsprites at 80% like you specified.
                                                Okay, good Besides, even if I don't end up using it, you'll still be credited for the idea, and working on sprites will make you improve regardless


                                                EDIT: Elemental monkey backs!

                                                Simisage is WIP though (obviously)
                                                __________________
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:51 PM.