• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Sainan Chuiseishu Arashi
Gold Tribe Member
Liberty Town > Forest
Battle Strategies

[h2][/h2]

Once everyone had arrived, meaning as soon as I had arrived, the Raticate scout began drawing a rather crude map in the dirt. "The torturehouse is on the southern borders of the forest, about 10 kilometers out of it." he said, drawing out the map in the dirt. "Once out of the forest, you'll probably be able to see it." the Raticate hesitated for a moment. ". . . about five hundred Ancients are guarding the outsides of the torturehouse, another two hundred or so are on the inside. No Silver Tribe members were seen when we infiltrated earlier, but you should expect them nonetheless."

Once the Raticate finished, he backed up to stand next to General Belas. "Good luck, noble Gold Tribe." the General said, bowing to us out of respect.

Zane nodded, speaking once more "We'll be back, General. I promise." Zane looked over us all once more before he took off into the forest. We all followed, and I easily kept pace with Zane, being an Absol with a Zebstrika for a father, speed was most definately one of the things that I was pretty good at.

After a while of running in silence, Zane spoke once more. "So I was thinking of possible ways we can go about doing this. If the Raticate was correct, most of the Ancient guards are patrolling the outside of the torturehouse. There are a lot less on the inside than the out. There is no way we'd be able to defeat all five hundred on our own on the outside. That's too many, even between the four of us. But if we leave them there and go inside, they would simply surround us, afterward, and that torturehouse would be a slaughterhouse. What we need to do is somehow distract the outside Ancients, and take out the troops on the inside. Then we free the Gold Tribe and the General, and get the heck out of there."

Zane paused for a moment. "I . . . think if one or two of us could attempt to hold off the army on the outside, and the rest of us could sneak in and save them, then we can all try to make it out together." After another moment of silence, allowing the thought to sink in, Zane spoke again. "Also, maybe we can all just go straight in together, having all of us fight together might be a better strategy, as all of us could watch each others backs. But . . . if any of you have any other ideas, I'd be glad to hear them."

Gladius was the first to speak. "I like the first idea better. Even though it is discouraged, we should split. Two outside to hold fort as then can, and the other two to sneak in and try to quickly liberate the Gold Tribe members," Gladius made sure to put emphasis on the word "quickly". "I'm no good sneaking, but I am a good battler. My Earthquake could be handy. So I guess, if this plan would be it, I will be outside, together with I guess one of you, or alone." He looked at Zane intently. "That is my opinion. But it still has holes. If we were ever defeated, we would be captured. And that leaves us with another two member to save, if you ever have plans of saving us." He looked at the Penance and me. "We may commit suicide if ever such things happen. I am ready, but are you?"

"Um . . . ," Penance gulped. "Well, I have an idea. My father worked with the Alpha Alliance. He talked about this one situation where some soldiers were cut off from reinforcement and were surrounded by bandits. Their attackers didn't have any idea how big their force was so they used the forest to hide their numbers. They hid behind trees and rocks and would continuously move around and attack to make it seem that they were more soldiers than there were. They managed to bunch up all of bandits in one area and managed to run away."

Penace took another breath, "What I'm saying is that if we could have at least three of us outside we could use the forest to camoflauge ourselves and make it seem that we number maybe about ten, maybe fifteen. If we make a large enough distraction and keep ourselves hidden then some soldiers from inside will have to come outside to help the other soldiers. The one not fighting could slip in and with less guards inside can find the captured soldiers and free them and join us outside. No offense to you Vigil but if we just charge in there's also the possibility that we could get far enough to worry the guards. Maybe worry them enough that they could start executing prisoners to make sure we can't free them and bolster our ranks." I wasn't sure if I liked where this was going.

Penance paused once more, looking at me. "I was kinda thinking you could be the stealthly one Calamity. Sword and Shield is too big, no offense to you Sword and Shield, Vigil is too . . . shiny. He wouldn't be able to hide in the darkness well enough. I have no experience with stealth whatsoever. You, however, could be silent enough to make it through without alerting the guards and probably have enough manpower to break apart any cell doors that the soldier are in . . . am I right?" Nope, I didn't really like where this was going.

I thought about this for a moment. "Well . . . I could probably sneak in well enough, but breaking the cells down might not be so easy. If this place is as secure as it is rumored to be, then who knows how strong their cells are? I wouldn't want to risk going in there and not being able to break into the cells." I stated. "Besides, if we were to use your plan . . . my Double Team could probably come in handy. But," I sighed. "We really don't have too much choice here. We don't have the time or the resources to create a detailed attack plan, and we also can't risk the integrity of the stealth team too much, seeing as they, or in this case, I would be the one rescuing the prisoners while the others create a diversion." Arceus, I didn't know if I liked having the fates of so many prisoners placed into my paws. "But shadows are my thing, and if I do get spotted I could always use Double Team to make decoys, giving the prisoners and myself more time to get out."

I sighed once more, wondering if I'd come to my senses any time soon. "That the plan then?" I asked as I thought about all of the what ifs, which I was really trying to ignore at the moment.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Kivir looked at the Dragonite for a moment and said, "Such valor does not come from a title… it comes from within. The Gold Tribe may be destroyed but the principles and the ideals behind it cannot be destroyed so easily. I believe you can always find those who have such bravery and honor. Even if they somehow get all killed off in this generation, there is always hope in the next generation and the one after that."

After replying to the Dragonite's last comment Kivir added, "A General? I am honored to be speaking to you. I never thought I would be having a friendly conversation with someone of such rank. Do not despair, there are still those fighting against the vast darkness that has consumed this land. While those fighting against it are few in number so I hear, it only takes a little candle to light up a vast room that was once filled by darkness." Kivir carefully began to stretch out some as he talked trying to find a comfortable position despite his many wounds. He winced a little as he tried to move his right arm out fully. It felt like it had been broken during the "friendly" questioning session.

OOC wow short post, but I can't think of anything else ATM. I'll try to think up someway tomorrow to make it longer without adding a bunch of chaff. OOC

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Forest beyond Liberty Town

Zane listened to the individual plans laid out by the others. Sword and Shield was in agreement with Zane's first plan, even though he acknowledged the obvious flaws in it. There was something else, though, that Sword and Shield said that stuck with Zane.

"...If we were ever defeated, we would be captured. And that leaves us with another two member to save, if you ever have plans of saving us. We may commit suicide if ever such things happen. I am ready, but are you?"

The point that Zane understood, and all of them did, is that death was very much a possibility. So are they ready? Would they be willing to lay down their lives. Zane knew one thing for sure, though. Ever since the Silver Tribe had conquered the Alpha Alliance, they haven't been looking to capture Gold Tribe members. As far as Zane knew, the orders were "kill on sight". It's what made this group of captured Gold Tribe members all the more intriguing. Defender offered a different plan, though, one in which seemed to be much more logical. Zane was glad at least one of them had a better knack for strategy than him. It gave him a bit more comfort.

After Calamity agreed on the plan, the others seemingly in approval of it already, Calamity spoke.

"That the plan then?" He asked.

"It seems so." Zane replied. After a few more minutes, they were at the edge of the forest, the torturehouse within view of them. It was just as the scout said. Hundreds of Ancients patrolled across the gigantic jail-like building. Zane shuddered a bit as he imagined the horrors that went on in there.

"Alright then. Looks like we have a plan." Zane said to the others in a whisper, not wanted to attract the attention of the patrols who weren't too far away. "There is one big problem with the plan, though, Defender. You may have a few long range attacks, and Sword and Shield may have one or so as well, but this plan to hide our numbers will be largely depending on our use of long-range attacks. I'm a close-range fighter, which will make this difficult. You have to understand. Eventually, they're going to find out, and attempt to take us out."

Zane looked at Calamity. "You have to free them before that happens."

Zane prepared, looking over the three of them. "We should launch any long range capabilities at the Ancients in unison to throw them off. The second we start attacking, Calamity, you have to get into the torturehouse, and rescue them. Be swift, be silent, good luck."

Zane spoke to Sword and Shield now. "It might be a good idea to start with your Earthquake. I hear it packs quite a punch." Zane himself prepared his only long-range attack he could do: Thunder Wave.

"When you're ready, brothers."

********************************************************************************************************************

Torturehouse

"Such valor does not come from a title… it comes from within. The Gold Tribe may be destroyed but the principles and the ideals behind it cannot be destroyed so easily. I believe you can always find those who have such bravery and honor. Even if they somehow get all killed off in this generation, there is always hope in the next generation and the one after that."

Hazone looked at the Kivir with curiosity. He was indeed a bit mysterious, yet the Dragonite couldn't help but like him.

"Hmm, perhaps you are right. Perhaps, you may even be an example of such valor. Time will tell, I suppose." He said, with a smile.

"A General? I am honored to be speaking to you. I never thought I would be having a friendly conversation with someone of such rank. Do not despair, there are still those fighting against the vast darkness that has consumed this land. While those fighting against it are few in number so I hear, it only takes a little candle to light up a vast room that was once filled by darkness."

"Haha! You are indeed quite honorable, especially in speech. You remind me a lot of..." Hazone trailed off, remembering his fallen friends, people he often spoke quite a lot from the Gold Tribe, especially former leader Adam Reed.

Hazone noticed the Breloom appeared to be injured. "Save your strength would be my suggestion to you. For however long you may be here, you must endure. That is the key to surviving a torturehouse. Endure. And one day, when we are free, we will strike back."

There was, of course, part of Hazone that believed that they would never get out, but that part of him was the will of the torturehouse. Spend enough time in these walls, and you'll stop being sane.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Gladius Clipeum

Gladius listened to Defender's plan with great interest. His plan posed less danger to the motley crew of four but it still has holes. I guess that cannot be helped. It was a good thing that Defender posed such plan. Gladius may have supported the split-plan, but he is still not comfortable with it. Upon finishing, Gladius noted something. It was almost like the split-plan, but with a silent twist. Gladius just sighed.

Calamity was assigned as the one to enter the torture house. It was obvious that Gladius is not a candidate due to his size, and Vigil because of his "goldness." That left Defender and Calamity. The former put the latter in a corner by saying that he is not the stealthy type. Therefore, Calamity it is.

"There is one big problem with the plan, though, Defender. You may have a few long range attacks, and Sword and Shield may have one or so as well, but this plan to hide our numbers will be largely depending on our use of long-range attacks. I'm a close-range fighter, which will make this difficult. You have to understand. Eventually, they're going to find out, and attempt to take us out." Vigil said. Lest our PP run out, we will be ok. Vigil added something which Gladiu couldn't quite hear. His attention was caught by the patrolling ancients outside the torture house. We need to finish them all. Vigil turned to the Snorlax.

"It might be a good idea to start with your Earthquake. I hear it packs quite a punch." Vigil said. Gladius considered. If he used Earthquake this close to them, they might also get hurt.

"No, Vigil. I have Surf. There would be no recoil damage to us. It's harder to use, but it could pack more a punch than Earthquake since almost half of them are Rock-types.

"When you're ready, brothers." Gladius guessed Vigil haven't heard what he said. He will try though. They were behind the thicket of bushes, waiting for somebody to make the first move. It was up to Gladius to strike first. It is now or never. He screwed his face in concentration. Snorlax is not really the special type guys, but all of them have access to Surf. Simple concentration is enough to summon a massive wave. Gladius tried clearing his mind, and focus on the very earth beneath them. He could only do this once in the battle, since it requires concentration.

Gladius imagined the layers of soil beneath his feet. He imagined every creature living there, then he imagined the water. Small droplets of water, rising from the ground. Soon enough, a water puddle formed behind them. Gladius concentrated once more, and after a few seconds, the ground erupted with a geyser of flowing water. Gladius saw it was enough for the whole battle. Gladius used his hands to direct the water.

"For the Gold Tribe!" he shouted as he sent a huge wave of water over to the patrolling Ancients.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum

Penance was taken aback when Calamity actually voiced support for his plan and then Vigil agreed with Calamity! Penance had actually expected his brothers to poke holes through his plan, to disagree with the plan or even come up with a better plan, not to accept his idea.​

"Alright then. Looks like we have a plan." Vigil said to them in a whisper. "There is one big problem with the plan, though, Defender. You may have a few long range attacks, and Sword and Shield may have one or so as well, but this plan to hide our numbers will be largely depending on our use of long-range attacks. I'm a close-range fighter, which will make this difficult. You have to understand. Eventually, they're going to find out, and attempt to take us out."​

Penance knew there were going to be flaws, every plan had flaws. He just hoped they wouldn't be too disrupting for the plan to work... but maybe one of them could be solved.​

As soon as Vigil had stopped speaking Penance whispered, "Vigil, if you're a close-range fighter what we could do then is use you as bait. When Sword and Shield and I get their attention with our attacks, they will come in our general direction, you can come out quickly do an attack or two or even taunt them to get them to follow you. While you're heading back into the forest we can attack them with more long-range attacks and they will again try to find us, then you can come back out and get their attention again. If we can keep up this routine we can lead them from the base, bunch them up, and circle around them. They will be so occupied with trying to find us in the forest that we can head back to the base and help Calamity. It's really up to you if you want to do that, but we can move them along just the same and still go around them. And... that's all I've got, see you later."​

Penance headed to another part of the forest and found a spot at least some distance away from Sword and Shield. He waited silently. As he waited he couldn't but feel worried. If his plan failed it would be his fault. The prisoners wouldn't be saved because it would be his fault and if his brothers died it would be his fault. Penance rubbed his lucky bracelet yet again, he and his brothers needed as much help as they could for this. Taking a deep breath Penance had a thought of just going back to Vigil and explaining how his plan wouldn't work, that they could go with his plain instead.​

"For the gold tribe!" He heard Sword and Shield shout as he saw a large wave of water slam into the ancients. Penance sighed, no going back now, he thought as he placed his hands together as a ball of water formed between them. He threw the water pulse at the ancients and quickly pointed his finger at one of the ancients, his eyes glowing a bright blue as he used his confusion attack to throw the ancient into the crowd.​

He quckly retreated, since the ancients would now also be drawn to his orignal position. As he relocated he readied another water pulse in his hands and waited to see if Vigil would go along with the addition to his plan. Even if he didn't they could move the ancients along with just long range attacks without any large risks to his brothers.​

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Forest Near Torturehouse

Zane had initially accepted the plan, but Defender had another portion of it to speak.

"Vigil, if you're a close-range fighter what we could do then is use you as bait."

The first part of the plan made Zane look at Defender with a mix of worry and intrigue, wondering where he was going with this.

"When Sword and Shield and I get their attention with our attacks, they will come in our general direction, you can come out quickly do an attack or two or even taunt them to get them to follow you. While you're heading back into the forest we can attack them with more long-range attacks and they will again try to find us, then you can come back out and get their attention again. If we can keep up this routine we can lead them from the base, bunch them up, and circle around them. They will be so occupied with trying to find us in the forest that we can head back to the base and help Calamity. It's really up to you if you want to do that, but we can move them along just the same and still go around them. And... that's all I've got, see you later."

Zane agreed. If they could force the Ancients away from Calamity, they might all be able to help him out when they searched for them in the forest. The only problem Zane might see is if not all the Ancients chose to follow, and later on surrounded the torturehouse. But that was unlikely. Ancients were mindless footsoldiers, no voice of their own. It is only if Silver Tribe members were here that the plan would fail.

Defender headed for another part of the forest, as Sword and Shield headed to another and prepared his Surf attack. It flooded over a group of Ancients that patrolled close-by, taking them out with one blow. Zane marveled at the strength of the Snorlax, but he shouldn't be surprised. He is, in fact, a Gold Tribe member. A few seconds later, from another section of the forest, a ball of water in the form of Water Pulse hit another Ancient. The plan was set. As they released their attacks, Calamity ran off sneakily towards the entrance, and soon was out of sight. Zane silently wished him luck.

The plan called for Zane to go out and bait more in, but others were already moving into Defender's and Sword and Shield's old postions. By now, though, they would have moved. Then Zane saw it. The set of attacks actually baited out quite a bit of Ancients, a few dozen already heading their general direction, with others slowly figuring out what was happening as well. Zane leaped forward, taking on a group of Kabutops right closest to them, ramming into them with an Iron Head. The attack came so quickly and with so much force that the Ancients could do nothing but look as the attack crushed them. The Ancients now were directly in pursuit of Zane, who after that attack began to retreat back into the forest thickets, depending on his brothers now to take out the rest of the rather large group heading towards them.

"Let's hope this will work." Zane thought.

miltankRancher

Years
Gladius Clipeum​

After sending the huge wave of water to the Ancients, Gladius moved to another position, far from where he sent the attack. After he attacked, he saw Defender threw a blob of water to the oncoming Ancients. He, too, moved away. The plan was actually working. Gladius saw Vigil moved in for a kill. He used Iron Head on some Kabutops which immediately felled them. They had no chance to think, anymore. This is all going to well. Let's hope no Silver Tribe member appears. Vigil disappeared among the forest. It was Gladius cue to send another attack. This time, he is going to use Earthquake. He stomped the ground with all his might, shaking it, creating several fissures on the ground. Because of his amazing strength, the shaking reached the group of Ancients and several were knocked down. Gladius, to be sure of his hit, hit the ground with his fist, sending another Earthquake towards them. This time, more Ancients fell.

He moved to another position. Some Ancients were busy thinking what was happening. This could give Gladius some time. He concentrated on the flowing geyser somewhere in the area. He could still manage to control it, theoretically. He still had not tried it. Gladius imagined the water to retreat back to the ground, and erupting be----

BOOM! The ground behind him erupted. Gladius had no time to congratulate himself. Like he did earlier, he used his hands to direct the water towards the Ancients. 500 Ancients were too much of a number. This battle will last long. Gladius switched position again.

Calamity is nowhere to be seen.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum

Penance couldn't believe that so many had fallen for the plan. After he and Sword and Shield released their attacks a plentiful amount of ancients headed toward their old positions. Vigil suprised Penance by following the addition to his plan by getting face to face with a Kabutops with an iron head attack and heading back into the forest. Penance noticed some of the ancients pursing him and Sword and Shield starting heading toward Vigil. It was time to get their attention again.

Sprinting toward another part of the forest Penance formed another water pulse and fired it at the ancients cloest to Vigil, then he took a deep breath and fired off the loudest screech he could at the group. While he was trying to hit the group with his water pulse and screech it didn't really matter if he did, he just needed to redirect their attention and give Vigil enough time to find a good place to strike again. He turned his attention to the ancients that were at his old spot and sed confusion yet again, grabbing hold of a kabutops and flinging him at the rest of the group and fired off a water pulse to keep them on his trail. He couldn't risk having that group head back to the base. Just as he was about to move he felt the earth rumble and while it wasn't strong enough near his position to cause him harm it did cause him to stumble.

Twisting around Penance saw that the ground had opened and some ancient had fallen in. Soon after that another wave of water came roaring out of the forest and crashed into their enemies. Penance hadn't seen Sword and Shield battle before but was immensely glad that the snorlax was on their side. Penance regained his balance and retreated further. As long as they kept this up they could very well lead the ancients into the heart of the forest and just leave them there. If they led them far enough they would have enough time to free the prisoners and have some reinforcements by their side. Despite sprinting at full speed and knowing that his enemies could very much kill him if they caught him the golduck couldn't help but feel a little pride at the effectiveness of his plan surface in his mind.

Penance had not seen Calamity since they had started and assumed either the absol had managed to get inside amid the chaos, or was still outside waiting for more ancients to leave. Penance could barely see the outline of the base from his spot but he readied a water pulse and sent it flying toward the building. If he was lucky enough he would be able to hit an ancient or even the building itself and get another group interested enough to leave their posts thus having less guards to worry about when they went back to the base and for Calamity to have less obstacles to sneak around.

Penance yet again retreated and awaited Vigil to once again act as the bait. At the rate they were moving the ancients it would only a few more cycles of their routine before they would be able to slip away and help Calamity.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Forest near Torturehouse

As Zane retreated back into the security of the forest, Sword and Shield did the rest. The Snorlax gathered up his strength and released a massive Earthquake on the Ancients closing in. All they could do was stand in place as the attack quickly eradicated them. The fissures were indeed powerful, and Zane marveled at the strength of the Snorlax. But, that was to be expected. He was a Gold Tribe member, after all. He then finished off another batch with a geyser of Surf.

Quite a bit were taken out, but they were nowhere near done. Defender struck at a few more with water pulse, and the two changed positions once more. It was time for Zane to assume the bait role once more.

As he went out, though, he noticed something. More than half of the outside-patrolling Ancients were coming this way. Zane muttered something silently under his breath. The plan would have been more successful if pockets of the Ancients came at a time. But now, a good two hundred or so were on approach, ready to weed out the three of them. This would relieve pressure from Calamity to sneak in much easier, but it meant that the three of them were in a bind. With nowhere left to hide, Zane hid back into the forest as the Ancients started pouring in. Zane thought of what to do. He could try sneaking passed them here, but there would be no way to fight off the out two hundred or so next to the torturehouse, not to mention the others inside. In the end, if would probably be better to have them hide in the forest, and slowing start picking them off, but will they be able to hide effectively? Defender might not have that much of a problem, but Sword and Shield and Zane would.

With nowhere else to turn, and options running out, Zane broke the cover of a thicket and rammed right into a group of Ancients. From a distance, he saw Defender hiding not to far out. He silently motioned him on.

"Go help Calmity free the others! Sword and Shield and I will cover you!" He said, as he used a Thunder Wave at an Omastar.

There was no way Shield and Sword and Zane could effectively sneak in, so it was up to Defender and Calamity now to sneak in and save the others.

"Good luck." He said softly to Defender, who by now probably couldn't hear him.

The sound of the fighting of the forest drew scores of Ancients towards Sword and Shield's and Zane location. Zane nodded to the Snorlax, ready to take them head on.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum

As Penance waited for Vigil to head back out again he couldn't help but a feel a rumbling sensation from the ground. Assuming that Sword and Shield had fired yet another earthquake Penance continued to look through the forest to find Vigil. When he turned around his eyes widened with suprise as he saw a vast amount of ancients heading their way. Penance quickly retreated as he couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt overcome him. He had lured in too many ancients with those last few water pulses he had thrown and had ruined the rhythm they had started. If they could pick off a few here and there they could possibly still continue the plan, but even that thought was quickly washed away as more ancients entered the forest. Dammit, we should have stayed together, maybe Vigil was right, Penance thought as he continued to retreat from the growing crowd.

As Penance continued to retreat he spotted a clearing up ahead and caught sight of Vigil who was motioning at him, "Go help Calmity free the others! Sword and Shield and I will cover you!" Vigil shouted as he turned toward an ancient and fired off a thunder wave at it. Penance nodded his head at his brother and scanned the area. He managed to see where the ancients were gathered and made a wide birth around them using whatever cover he could to sneak by. Since they were focused on Vigil at the moment Penance managed to sneak from cover to cover, trying not to create too much noise or too much movement.

It took some time to circle around them but eventually he managed to make it back to the silve base. Crouching behind some bushes Penance peered out and grimaced. There were still a sizeable amount of ancients hanging around the entrance. Penance couldn't see Calamity anywhere so he assumed that his brother managed to get inside safely, but now the task was to distract the ancients long enough to get inside to help.

Looking around Penance noticed some sizable rocks farther in the forest. Concentrating on the rocks Penance grabbed one with his confusion attack and flung it at a tree creating an audible thump as it struck. Penance peeked back out to see if the ancients had fallen for his ploy. If they hadn't the only thing Penance could do was try maybe one more time or even head out and attack them head on, but that was especially risky considering he had no one to back him up and if he got himself surrounded he could just consider himself dead.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Krystal walked throgh empty streets in Silver City. She'd had a pokemon teleport her there shortly after the incident in her volcano. The absol had lost control, and apparently Shadow, her former second in command, was not able to use mind control as well as he said he could. The absol had turned on her. It had been gradual, he would take an extra second or so before following instructions, but it got to the point of himtrying to find ways around the task he was given. Eventually the mind control snapped and the absol was in full control again. Krystal had killed him herself. Just a failed experiment in her eyes. Who knows, she might try again some other time.

A piece of paper fluttered in the wind, an old newspaper informing about the invading Silver Tribe. Krystal smilled. Gold Tribe was weak, they were not ruling their territory as they should have been. No, they allowed others to take power, the oh so noble pokemon. But Silver Tribe had beaten them in their weakness, and thus the rein of the golden pokemon ended, and a new age of government was ushered in. The paper continued to blow sideways across the street and into an alley, out of sight. Krystal continued onwards. She was supposed to be at the meeting of the Sentinels and Auron. If it had just been a meeting of Sentinels, Krystal probobly would not have gone, but with Auron.... Auron had given her the power she held, sho Krystal saw herself in debt to Auron and only Auron. She did not care much for the other Sentinels. They did not care much for her either. In fact, most of the Sentinels didn't like each other for one reason or another. Some found friendship in each other, but all were resented in the council by one or another. Even Auron did not have all supporters in his Sentinels, although whether he knew that or not, Krystal didn't know.

As she approached the citadel, the two guards at the gate stood to attention, saluted, then quickly opened the gate. Krystal paid them no mind. They were minions, drones, and heavily replacable. Everything was replacable in Krystal's eyes. Men could be replaced, cities could be repaired. Only the leaders were not replacable. Knowledge was not replacable. The archways were decorated with the Silver Tribe insignia. That was the one thing that she respected with the Sentinels, their leadership. Each one woulnd't be there unless they could command and had a drive for power, and Krystal was no exception.

The huge doors that led to the throne room opened with old damagesd hinges, creakiung open, as Krystal made her way through them into the throne room. She was supprised to see that most of the other sentinels were already there, save one. The walked to her seat, and then took a look around at the Sentinels gathered. Her eyes locked with Frost's for a moment, then both looked away. Neither liked each other, but last time there was fighting at a meeting of Sentinels......well, Auron wasn't happy. Most of the others Krystal did not care for, but the typhlosion, "The Inferno", she respected him. He had incredible power, and knew how to use it, and Krystal respected that.

Krystal's mind wandered as they waited for the last Sentinel to arrive.

miltankRancher

Years
Gladius Clipeum

The trio seemed to be succeeding in keeping the ancients busy and Calamity free to infiltrate the torture house. Gladius was starting to feel exhaustion; sending four consecutive area attacks really takes a toll on every Pokemon. Gladius stopped for a moment, and simple circled around the area, trying to regain his strength, waiting for another opportunity to strike. He saw Vigil appear again. But something seemed wrong. Instead of the usual number of Ancients that needs to be distracted, almost all of the remaining Ancients are heading for Vigil. He saw the Bisharp stopped for a moment, before retreating back to the forest. A few moments later, he heard a barely audible command by Vigil to Defender.

"Go help Calmity free the others! Sword and Shield and I will cover you!" An Omastar fell to a Thunder Wave. Afterwards he saw Defender near the entrance of the torture house. There were still many Ancients guarding the area. Gladius roared, and hit the ground again. The ground shook. A few more fell but that was not enough to secure Defender an easy entrance. Gladius only have moments to think. He burst out of the bushes, imitating Vigil. He grabbed the nearest Ancient and used Smack Down on it, sending it flying and crashing it with the nearest Ancient. He ran back to the forest, and circled it, hopefully confusing their adversaries. He bumped against Vigil.

"So it returned to the original plan? Split-up?" Gladius said to his brother. An Omastar appeared in front of him, but he was ready. He crashed against it with a Wild Charge. "I hope we know what we are doing."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Forest near Torturehouse

Zane saw Defender nod towards him, and then quickly move off towards the torturehouse. As the Ancients enclosed on them both, he stood side by side with Sword and Shield as he spoke to him.

"So it returned to the original plan? Split-up?" he asked.

"It appears so, to no fault of ours, though." Zane replied as the Ancients closed in.

"I hope we know what we are doing."

"So do I...so do I." Zane said softly, almost to himself. The Ancients were all around them now.

Zane started to move. He struck a Cranidos with a Night Slash, the attack ripping through his armored hide, and caused him to fall back. As to Kabutops charged at him from behind, he met their blows with his own powerful Iron Head. Zane could hear bones crack as he impacted with them. They were tough Pokemon, he was tougher. An Armaldo and a Cradily both attacked at Zane from the front. Using his superior mobility and agility, Zane jumped across their attacks, and struck at them both with Aerial Ace from above. The lightning quick attacks hit their mark, precisely. Both of the Pokemon fell back, but even more came. Zane fought them off, some individually, some one at a time as he flung different attacks towards their directions. Momentarily paralyzing an Omastar with a Thunder Wave, he moved in for the kill against two Bastiodons, who were charging at Zane now. Taking both down with a Night Slash, another attack hit him from behind, coming from an Archeops in the air. Zane struck another Thunder Wave at it, causing the Pokemon to fall close-by the downed Omastar. In unison, he attacked both of the down Pokemon with Iron Head. Panting a bit, Zane struck a stance, and only saw more coming. It was a seemingly endless wave of Ancients. If Defender and Calamity didn't free the others soon, Zane and Sword and Shield might not be able to withstand them all.

Silver City Throne Room

The figure of the last Sentinel arrived. He was a Mienshao, known only by his title "Scar". He was silent and quick as he made his way to his seat. The 8 Sentinels had gathered, awaiting the news from what to do.

Suddenly, the seemingly inanimate Auron appeared to awake, and speak. His voice was cold and seemingly...distant. It was as if when he spoke, he was there, but he was "there". It was a shadow of the former Auron, the once heralded Gold Tribe member.

"The 8 Sentinels....are gathered....your instructions...." He said, as he eyed them. "...Beserker, Scar and Ignitus will provide escort for the General and Gold Tribe members....being transferred here....make way to the torturehouse there quickly...I sense...something unpleasant occurring...." His voice trailed off. Beserker spoke loudly.

"As you command, Auron."

Without acknowledging Berserker, he continued to speak. "Noxious and Sentry...you have a task in Eternity City that requires attention...information will be given there..."

Noxious and Sentry bowed as they began to depart. Auron addressed the last group now.

"Frostbite, The Deciever, The Inferno...I have an important task for you..."

His voice was low, yet mysterious and still quite frightening as he relayed the plan to the three of them. Soon, the Sentinels slowly began to depart for their assigned tasks, as Auron sat on his throne. He neither spoke to them, nor gave any more parting words.

Eventually, the great throne room was empty once more, and only Auron remained, a Pokemon beyond that of natural strength and power. A being now, they say, no other Pokemon can kill. He sat alone, nobody or nothing to have in his company, except for a strange crystal on a necklace around his neck...

Last edited:

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Sade Frost
Destruction of Liberty

"Well, it looks like I shall have to leave my mission to Poseida alone for now." Levin said. He and Frost had just received their secret orders from Auron, nobody knew what they were going to do, but it was known that it was a mission of pure destruction - just the kind Frost loved. "I can't wait, honestly. Nobody cares about your stupid little escapade to spy on what has already been destroyed." Frost replied. "Well, that was uncalled for." Levin answered, teasingly. "Nothing is ever called for, sweetie. You of all people should know that." Frost said, grinning. She had a very good recollection of the two's past. She knew everything about him just like he knew everything about her. That is, almost everything. Frost grinned again at the thought. "Now go on, old man, your petty rabble won't wait any longer." She said, referring to his army. The Deceiver scoffed, and was on his way. Frost decided to prepare as well. Before going, it was best to check up on the torturehouse to see if there was any unfinished business.

Indeed, there was. A lowly farmer, went by the name of Churchill, was still ready to be imprisoned. He'd been awaiting his grim fate for at least an hour now. "So, peasant, what did you do?" Frost boomed in the great main torture room in the house. A Machoke pushed the farmer out of the shadows, revealing his face. The farmer was no farmer, just a boy. "A farmer's child?" she teased. "Y-yes." the farmer replied, in what appeared to be an Irish accent. "He-" a Machoke began, but Frost cut him off. "Shut up, guard, I want the boy to explain his actions." she chided. The guard stepped back into the dark. The torturehouse, as always, smelled of death, the boy, a Snivy, flinched at the smell, deathly afraid. "I-I stole s-s-some celery from-m the g-g-uy n-next door." the poor boy stuttered. "Mmmhmm, and do you know who 'the guy next door is'?" Frost said, in a seemingly nice voice, which made the Snivy a little less afraid. "He has powerful connections, boy, and that's why you're here. To receive punishment." Frost teased, still. "Oh n-no, p-p-p-please! I-I'll repay him!" the boy half screamed half pleaded. "Yes, I'm sure you will." Frost said. She grabbed the Snivy's little arm and guided him to a simple wooden table. The table was made from weak wood, and it looked like it might break any minute. It was little, but it had several markings in it, like an axe had been lodged in it many a time. There were also blood stains on it, like everything else in the cursed room. "What-what will you do t-to me?" the boy started to resist Frost's grip, but she only tightened. "You'll see. I'll give you what every bad boy deserves." Frost giggled, she laid him on the table, sine he was too short to reach it, she had to lay him on it whole. "Now, extend your hand." Frost instructed. The boy did so, reluctantly. Before he knew it, Frost drew a butcher's knife from under the tale and held it high, she descended it upon the boy, who shut his eyes in terror. With a swift stroke, Frost cut off the boy's hand. The boy screamed out in pain, however tiny his voice was. Tears rolled down his cheeks. "You see, Churchill, this is what happens to naughty little boys. Because deep down in your heart, you know you deserve to be punished." Frost whispered. She then turned to the Machoke. "Take him to the holding cell, I'll deal with him later." she ordered. The Machoke rushed to the boy's side and picked him up, he then threw him in a cell at the end of the room. This cell was significantly larger than the prison cells, it was known as the holding cell. Frost put people in here when she was too busy to decide their fate now.

Before long she was back at the front ready with troops of her own. Frost approached Levin and Inferno. "Come boys, let us proceed. To Freedom, to . . . Liberty."

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso "TrueStriker" SharpEye
Torturehouse
No clue in Hanso's mind where in Valkaria he is...

If they hadn't chained his arms to the back wall of the cell, he would have tried to escape. Hanso bent his head to look at the chain that held his left arm flat for...the eighteenth time? He'd lost track of how many times he had looked down at his chains, looking for a weak link or trying to figure out how he could cut them with his arm-blades. Whoever had ordered this to be done was smart, though. He couldn't turn his arms enough to get one blade to strike the chain on the opposite arm, and none of the chains were above his elbows where he might have cut through them. Not to mention that he didn't think he could teleport out of this horrible place. He had no clear image, or idea, of what the torturehouse's surroundings looked like.

Hanso had wandered too close to one of the Silver Tribe's strongholds for his own good. He had been seen by one patrol of Ancients, then led them on a long chase before running into another group of Ancients. Every time Hanso struck down one Ancient, another Ancient or two would take its place. Overwhelming numbers wore him to exhaustion. Hanso had fainted...then woken up in the dark cell with his arms chained to the wall.

Hanso sighed, shaking his head. He did not know which torturehouse this could be, which meant that he had no image of the outside, which meant that he had no surety of surviving a teleportation outside to a nearby location. The interrogation he had gone through soon after waking up here had sapped enough of his energy that Hanso wasn't sure he could teleport to someplace far away with a surety of survival. And the food they'd given him just recently hadn't been filling.

Maybe he should try it, anyways. If that interrogation was anything to go by, then Hanso felt sure they would do worse next time, even if he didn't know much about the locations of other members of the Gold Tribe. Hanso began running through different scenarios, searching for a way where he could put his teleporting skill to good use.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Sainan Chuiseishu Arashi
Gold Tribe Member
Torturehouse Interior

Slap of an Ancient

As soon as Gladius had launched his Surf attack, I was off.

I ran through the forest, watching as the battle took off. It was only a moment before most of the Ancients had started attacking the area where the Surf had come from, so I slipped by while most of them were distracted. Even though many had ran off in the direction of the fight, there was still quite a few near the entrance. I needed to find a way by them without revealing myself.

I sat in the forest for a few moments, preparing myself with a series of Swords Dance. You could never be too careful, especially when invading a heavily guarded torturehouse. After a little while of thinking, I came up with the best plan that I could.

I stood up and glared at the Ancients through the bushes, copies of myself appearing all around me in the cover of the forest. They all ran off in different directions and began firing off attacks at the Ancients. Of course, the attacks would do nothing to the Ancients themselves, so the copies simply hit the areas near the Ancients, which was enough to grab their attention. The Ancients near the entrance ran off, and I ran into the doors. A moment later I broke the Double Team, slowing to regain my energy. Normally Double Team was no problem, but when I forced all of the duplicates off into different directions, making them perform different actions . . . it took a lot out of a teenage Absol.

I took a deep breath and resumed running, making sure to stick to the shadows and remain silent. I passed multiple Ancients that, luckily, did not notice me. After a few more moments of running, I had to stop and regain my sense of direction. I was in unfamiliar territory, with almost no prior knowledge on the area, and I needed to make sure that I didn't get lost. After I did a complete three-sixty, I started down another passageway that I believed was the right one.

And as soon as I turned the corner, I ran right into a wall, or perhaps a boulder. I took a step back and realized that it was neither - it was a Carracosta and Armaldo. Crap.

"INTRU-" the Armaldo began, but I cut him off with a Night Slash to the face. He stumbled backwards, hitting the wall and tripping to the ground. If it had not been for the fact that I was about to fight, more than likely for my life, it would have been rather comical.

"Let's not waste time lying down on the job now, Ulric," the Carracosta said as he glared at me. He raised his fin, swinging it at me from my left. I jumped backwards just as his fin would have made contact with me, so he ended up hitting the wall, creating a rather large hole as the stonde crumbled away.

Right, I thought, Carracosta have insanely strong jaws, and deliver extremely powerful slaps with their fins. I looked over the tortoise quickly, As long as I avoid his shell, I should be able to hurt him, but as for the Armaldo . . . , I glanced at the bug that was now getting back to his feet. His shell is a while other story. I will never be able to break past that, which doesn't leave me too many options. I jumped, kicked off the wall and used Night Slash on the Carracosta, striking the area on his neck that his shell didn't cover.

As I landed, I turned and used Psycho Cut, hitting the Carracosta in the stomache. I watched as the tortoise collapsed, not unconscious but at least stunned for a while, and I was about to turn on the Armaldo, but then I felt a tremendous amount of force on my rear end. I was sent flying, and once I landed I barely had time to say "Ow," before the Armaldo was looming over me. As he reached down, I felt the hair all over my body stand up as a faint electric current ran through them.

"Pathetic," the Armaldo muttered as his claw closed around my waist. He lifted me into the air, bringing his other claw up to slash me, and suddenly the faint electric current was amplified a thousand times over. A bolt of lightning formed and struck the Armaldo, causing him to cry out and stumble backwards once more. He fell down next to the Carracosta, paralyzed.

As soon as my feet made contact with the ground, I was off and running once more.

((OOC: Let's go, Defender~! :P))

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum

Penance gritted his teeth as he saw only a few of the ancients leave to investigate the noise he had made and there were still a good number loitering around the entrance. Rubbing his bracelet for another dose of extra luck Penance charged up a water pulse and threw it right at a Omastar. He quickly charged up another and threw it at a Kabutops as he sprinted throught the forest to another position. He found a new spot and readied a confusion when he saw the Kabutops he hit was striking out at the other ancients. Thank you water pulse, Penance thought. There had only been a few times when the confusion effect from water pulse kicked in and thanks to his good luck charm this time had been one of them.

The other ancients had looked slightly confused at the Kabutops' actions but started moving in to restrain their confused ally, and that was the opportunity Penance had been waiting for. The water type ran as fast as he could, making sure to pass behind the acient crowd with his eyes fixed on the entryway. He was soon inside and he placed his back against the stone wall panting not only from the exertion but also from the anxiety that had welled up inside him. He was inside a base belonging to the mortal enemies of the gold tribe which meant the odds that there were at least one or two silver tribe members in here were very high.

Penance quickly recovered and ran down the stone hallway. As he ran Penance began to relax. He thought a torturehouse might have mutliple passages or even a complex layout, but nope, there was only this one hallway and no signs of... damn it. Penance slowed to a stop as he came to an intersection of three passages heading in different directions. Taking a deep breath Penance once again rubbed his bracelet, thinking that it would give him a hint in which direction to go. He felt it move slightly forward. Opening his eyes Penance ran down the hallway in front of him and continued running down the hallways pausing every now and then to consult his bracelet.

His hope rose when he took yet another turn and soon came upon a Armaldo and a Carracosta. The Armaldo was lying on the ground while the Carracosta was getting up and looking pretty angry. It charged immediately and Penance barely had any time to dodge to the side. The Carracosta turned and slapped Penance with a fin causing him to tumble. A gold tribe member never stays down and Penance quickly rose his eyes glowing a bright blue and he grabbed the ancient with his confusion attack and slammed it against a wall. The ancient staggered up looking winded as Penance let out the loudest screech he could muster. The sound waves slammed into the Carracosta as it covered its ear holes with its flippers trying to block out the noise. Penance took that extra time to fire a water pulse at his enemy but it barely did anything to the enraged ancient as it opened its mouth readying a water attack, but Penance wouldn't let that happen. The golduck's eyes flashed a white color as he disabled his foes attack. The Carracosta looked suprised when it couldn't fire off its attack but it quickly recovered and ran at the golduck. Penance jumped off to the side but the Carracosta turned and grabbed the golduck's arm in its jaws and delivered a powerful crunch. Penance cried out as the Carracosta swung him around before throwing him at a wall. Despite the beating Penance still got up and threw another confusion attack at his foe. This seemed to be the Carracosta's limit as it groaned before it fell to the ground with a loud thud.

Not wanting to stay around to see if his little brawl had attracted any other challengers Penance ran down the passage. With the Armaldo and Carracosta obviously having been beat up before hand by someone else, Penance assumed Calamity had been the one to cross paths with them. Pennace rubbed his bracelet silently praying that Calamity wasn't too far down the passage.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Gladius Clipeum​

So everything boils down to this. Gladius and Vigil were back to back defending their own lives from the oncoming horde of Ancients. Vigil started attacking from his side. He is a quick battler, taking down several Ancients with a one-two flourish. Gladius needed to do his thing. He faced the Ancients, defiantly. he could feel the power surging through his body and, literally, electricity begun flowing through his very veins. He could feel little sparks emit from his body. Even though it would normally hurt a Snorlax, Gladius could feel no pain. This is my own Wild Charge. Soon enough, a Kabutops came rushing at him. he faced the Kabutops head on, Gladius' hands on the Ancient's forehead. The Kabutops fell in a slump. He heard a heavy thumping sound behind him and saw a Carracosta. The Ancient raised its fin and lowered it at an incredible speed. Gladius just ducked in time.

"Woah!" Gladius shouted. The Carracosta raised it fin again, but Gladius was ready. He punched the Carracosta under its head, which knocked it out. The charge in his body died down. Something grabbed him from behind, then another one. And another. Soon, Gladius could feel the heaviness from his back. He roared. He tried to reach that something. He managed to grab a claw. He pulled it and saw that it was an Armaldo. Gladius smacked him down to the ground. He shook of the remaining Ancients. He tried looking for Vigil, but he couldn't find him. This is good I guess. Gladius used yet another Earthquake. It took down the Ancients in the immediate vicinity, but many more were coming. And Gladius is getting tired. He reached for the nearest Ancient, a Rampardos, and used it as a bat, hitting each Ancient with Rampardos' sturdy head. It seemed a barbaric strategy but it was working. But not for long. the Ancient seemed to understand what was happening and was dodging the blows. They started attacking from above. Gladius could not do anything except duck, and an occasional grabbing of an Ancient. Sweat began pouring from his forehead.

"C'mon Calamity and Defender. We need you now already."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Near Torturehouse

Zane was back to back with Shield and Sword, surrounded by Ancients. At that moment, he couldn't recall a more tougher fight he's been in. Sure, individual fights with Silver Tribe members were tough, but a constant barrage of Ancient after Ancient was physically and mentally exhausting. You had to constantly be on your toes, or you'll be surrounded with no way out.

Sword and Shield was holding his own, his strength was quite impressive, but even he couldn't hold on forever. If Calamity and Defender didn't free them soon, Zane and Gladius would be overwhelmed by Ancients. Two more Kabutops charged for Zane from behind. Feeling the weight of their legs from the ground, Zane on instinct jumped into the air, and struck at them with an Aerial Ace. The two fell back, and two more took their places.

"Ha..." Zane managed to get out. He was tired, and the endless wave was getting to him. He exerted another push of energy and release a Night Slash on another Cradily. His breathing was heavy. His feet shook. His arms hung at his sides. More Ancients closed in. For a moment, Zane felt as if he couldn't fight anymore, but then energy seemed to fill him again as he remembered what he fought for. Zane screamed as he went ballistic on a number of Ancients around. He rammed right into a Bastiodon, taking it off guard and finishing it with an Aerial Ace.

Next, he did a mass Thunder Wave on the immediate surrounding Ancient, giving himself a moment to breathe before more came in over the paralyzed bodies of the others.

"C'mon Calamity and Defender. We need you now already." He heard Sword and Shield say.

"They'll make it!" Zane said. "We just need to hold on!" Zane ran forward, using an Iron Head on an Anorith before it go a chance to attack back. Zane shot a look to the torturehouse, where he hoped to see them. Still no sign. They must have gotten inside already. Hopefully, they find the General and their brothers and sisters before it's too late.

*****************************************************************************************

En Route to Torturehouse

The 3 Sentinels sent to secure the torturehouse, Scar, Beserker, and Ignitus, ran at a steady pace, for the moment silent. Beserker was notably the slowest of the group, so the other two purposefully slowed down a bit so that he could keep up. They knew he wasn't meant for running anyways. Berserker could be heard panting behind Scar and Ignitus.

"Hold up, you two! You're going to...fast damn it!" He puffed, breathing heavily. Scar, a Mienshao, shot him a glare, but didn't speak. He merely kept the same pace. "Did you hear me?!" He yelled again.

"We have slowed down too many times for you already. If you do not hurry up, you will be left behind. I feel that our presence at the torturehouse will definitely be needed."

"What makes you think that?!" Beserker the Aggron asked.

"Intuition." Scar replied coldly.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Gladius Clipeum

Ancient after Ancient they came, and Ancient after Ancient Gladius knocked out. More sweat was pouring from his forehead but, he knew he could still hold on a little more longer. He felt drained, but he promised that he can fight until his very last. He employed different strategies, carefully switching when he felt that the Ancients were beginning to understand what he was doing. Gladius kicked an Armaldo to his left and punched a Bastiodon away to his right. Suddenly, he was grabbed to the air. He saw three Aerodactyls and an Archeops bearing his weight and dragging him to the air. He couldn't use any attack, since he is held onto his limbs. He tried shaking his body, but the Ancients' grip tightened. Gladius could not believe it. He is a Snorlax, a huge Snorlax but this Ancients could carry him! Whatever happened to his weight!

"Vigil! Help me!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back