• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Whirl Cup (T) [OOC THREAD + INFO]

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
Years
The Whirl Cup
sigpic78341_37.jpg

The Whirl Cup Participants

Red
Spoiler:

RyanRoksXD
Spoiler:

Fuyu
Spoiler:

drunk
Spoiler:

First Snow
Spoiler:

Swan
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I was not stalking the forums and watching this section. No I wasn't. Haha. Oh Coryn's going to be a challenge. He uses almost no contractions. XD And overwords everything.

POLIWHIRL

Name:
I am called Coryn Eliade Williams the Third. But call me Ryn or Elly if you must call me anything. Formal titles are quite silly really, even by Father's standards.

Gender: I am most certainly a boy. I will even strip to prove it if I must. It is very uncouth of you to place the idea in my head however and you have lowered my impression of you.

Age: I am sixteen years of age. Do I look it? People have told me so.

History: I was originally born in Violet City to an ordinary family. That was my first three years of life, with a pair of parents who had no clue on what to do with such a quiet, odd child. I was repeatedly taken to the doctors, who eventually diagnosed me with Asperger's Syndrome. My parents were unable to pay for the therapies and medication I would need. So... I am quite sorry, the story was told to me by my adoptive father Henry, who was rather shaky on the precise details of everything. I also remember his anger over it. I believe... I believe he said I was abandoned at Bellsprout Tower. I was too young to remember so I do not fuss over it or how he knows these details. I do know he took me away from the possible monk training to his home. No one stops mentioning that. It was a rather minor detail to me.

Once there, in a mansion outside of Cherrygrove (It truly is not that large, we are right by the City), I was formally adopted and put under the care of his wife, a member of the psychiatric field. She introduced me to Mrs Clarence, or Ophelia as she has preferred to be called. That woman became an aunt so to speak, helping me through all of my therapies as well as my medicines. The therapies were made easier with Pokemon by my side. They were easy to be interested in, to focus on. Because of them, I almost was able to go to a normal Pokemon Technical School.

However, there was no possibility of that occurrence. There was too much noise and movement. I was sent to a smaller school, where the conditions were quieter and there were other children with issues on noise. We were all supposed to get a Pokemon at twelve. However, the professors had stopped giving them out for trainers and I simply used the rental Pokemon for classes. I never forgot that feeling... that strange loss in my chest. I wanted a Pokemon ever since. Ophelia knew of this and showed me the tournament. I was leery of the possibility, not sure of the noise. The chance was quite too good to pass up however and I signed up. I did not expect such a positive response. This was kept a secret from my adoptive parents. I did not want to see their panic, as they are people, like Ophelia, who I have grown affection for.

Personality: People have called me quiet, intense, aloof, and even a bad boy. I agree with the quiet part, as speech is a difficulty of mine. I dislike talking immensely, most of my sentences sounding unfinished and improper in casual conversation. Even in parties and social affairs with my adoptive parents, I am quiet. When I speak fully, I am proper to the point of annoyance. It is a roundabout way of getting people to ignore me. It's that or I am constantly surrounded by noise. I am sensitive to changes in noise and appearance and despite the usefulness, it bothers me. I am usually rather expressionless and it takes a lot of effort for me to smile.

I know a lot about Pokemon, particularly battling them. I am commonly considered a know-it-all on the subject of the creatures to the few people who speak to me. I interact with them on a daily basis and have an, oh what is the term the doctor uses, intense fascination with them. Do I love them? Perhaps. Their habitats do not have unnecessary chatter and that makes it ever so much better. I am commonly considered intelligent for my knowledge but in truth I know very little on the broader scope of the world, a fact I will freely admit to. I know basic information, but Pokemon, baking, photography, and playing the violin are the only things I claim to expertise on. I can show my talents with them for hours at a time if I choose to. But most of the time I do not, having had multiple failures at social interactions in the past. It is lonely.

Appearance: I am a boy with the utmost care given to my appearance, hair thin and wavy, the color of wheat stalks and reaching down to my shoulders. My skin is a light tan created by occasional weeks in the sun. I have the build of someone with just enough muscle to be able to fend for myself if need be. My eyes are of the deepest lapis lazuli, almond-shaped and called soul-searching. No one tells me I look like my parents. They know better.

I would normally wear a suit hand-tailored. However I insisted otherwise. Money does not protect your skin as a hardy shirt does. So my shirt is a pristine white, protected by the fabrics of my red jacket lined with Mareep wool. I would quite like a Mareep, they are very polite creatures. Moving on, my jeans are of a fabric supposedly the best money can buy but I am quite certain they are simply ordinary jeans. I will not waste time over such trivialities or on the plainess of my shoes. It's nice to be in nice, yet ordinary clothing again. Also, there is a scar on the back of my hand. I do not know how it got there but it is as much a casual flaw as the birthmark on my back. That mark is a small swirl. My skin also has fading stretch marks from a growth spurt. I used to be quite short. I am still quite clumsy however.

I carry a backpack and a violin case. My violin is my most precious possession and I truly cannot bear to be parted from it. In my bag are trainer necessities and a cellular phone for reasons I do not understand. THe necessities I am well aware of their importance as a trainer. As for the phone... I am not sure why Ophelia packed it. There is a note in here as well. How odd...

Starter Species: I would enjoy the company of a male Cyndaquil, if you please, to see the blaze of glory my dear friend's Houndoom once had.
Nickname: He will be called Tory, a name for the elegant.

RP Sample:

"Oh Lia, darling how are you?" I heard my mother's voice ring through the halls with the echoes of bells. Her brown hair swished as she reached to kiss her good friend on the cheek. Mother was beautiful, people said, suited more for the models instead of the mentally hurt. I disagreed; she made people smile. Looks were necessary for that, were they not? Ophelia looked more the part, people told me, this I was still uncertain of. Looks always puzzled me but I would solve it someday. Ophelia hugged my mother.

"Oh wonderful," my therapist told her with the charming smile that made people seem to glow. "I am proud to say my Rapidash is still going strong."

"Beautiful," my mother told her with a hug, glancing at me fondly. I attempted a smile, managing a tug at the corners of my mouth. Like Ophelia, Mother was pleased with this and stepped away, silent communication occurring between the two females at that moment. Ophelia nodded at the end and walked to me, gently patting my head as she passed. Ophelia did not hug very much while working, which I did not understand either. She led me to my room in silence, our long set routine.

Shutting the door behind us, the redhead gave me a serious look. "Elly," she began quietly, what appeared to be a smile quirking at the corners of her lips. "You're in."

The statement slowly sunk in and I tried to process its meaning. Then I remembered sending that letter to the Whirl Cup, as she had asked me to. I had forgotten, the bustle of classes distracting me from the hope and possibility of such an opportunity.

The Whirl Cup.

It was supposedly a not so subtle attempt to gather favor for Pokemon training. Whether you won or lost did not matter; you were going to be remembered. You had to be at least decent to be in of course, earn five badges before the tournament. It would be full of noise, of people and there incessant cries for attention. But there would be Pokemon as well, each able to hopefully keep their humans in line.

"Of course," she said quietly. "If you're still in." She observed me with those calculating green eyes, ones that seemed to know all.

I nodded without hesitation. "Yes...I am."

Ophelia squeezed my shoulder. "That's my good lad," she stated both with pride and business-like affection, as I believed they were identified. "Now pack. I will tell your parents."

"Yes ma'am." Their reaction would be ever so strange. I am their child in a sense, yet I am not. They love me yet want me to grow. Ah, the conundrum of adulthood.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Name: Tristan Taylor (Guess where I stole this from )

History:
Tristan isn't a stranger to Pokemon Training. In fact, he use to be a trainer himself when he was twelve. He grew up with a happy gay couple in a candy shop they owned in Violet City. He grew up with people running in and out of a store with candy, kids whining by the curb because he or she couldn't have any, and kids running in and using their allowance to buy candy. As a child, he grew up around candy and soon he grew to love the creation of candy and then that turned into creation of food in general. As a child, he always had a passion for Pokemon. He wanted to become the greatest trainer he could be as well as being a great master chef.

When he was twelve he began his journey with a Meowth, Swipes. Tristan traveled to many places in the Johto region and managed to get himself five badges before the tragic event that caused him to come running home.

He was returning from Cianwood City to Olivine. Tristan decided that he wasn't ready to face a steel type gym leader and left to challenge Chuck. When he arrived he and the rest of the passengers on board were attacked by a group of terrorist. After fending off the terrorists, Tristan and many of the passengers realized that Olivine was being overrun by terrorists. Tristan and many of the trainers fought against the terrorist and helped the ones that were already fighting against them. Tristan had fought and rendered many incapable of doing much damage and he rushed on ahead, a mistake he later regretted. His Pokemon didn't seem to mind as they wanted to free the city as well.

They met their match when they faced the group's leader. Tristan's pokemon were tired, but the whole team thought that they could face the leader all by themselves. They were horribly wrong. The leader showed no mercy as he beat every single one of Tristan's pokemon and took all their lives away. Tristan had put up a good fight and managed to tire many of the leader's pokemon so he was easily defeated by the gym leader, Jasmine. Even though they managed to win in the end, Tristan was distraught after the death of all his pokemon. The next day, Tristain fled from Olivine City and went home to Violet City.

He never told anyone how he lost all of his Pokemon or even why he returned. The only people who knew why he returned were his two fathers, but they didn't know how it had happened. After returning, he became depressed. There were times he would just break down, have panic attacks, and live like an empty shell. Even after the panic attacks and break downs more symptoms rose such as the need to stuff his face with food, the fear of getting close to people and causing death to others around him, and the lack of sleep. His fathers tried to send him to therapy, but it didn't help at all. They tried many things, but nothing seemed to work until one day they saw a flyer about the Whirl Cup. They had contacted Prof. Wood and they made an arrangement in hopes that Tristan would get over his depression.

Personality:
Tristan use to be a very happy child. He was very social, chatted animatedly, and had this very gentle smile that lit the spirits of many. However, ever since he had come home from Olivine City his personality changed. He threw himself into work at the store, he lack much needed amount of sleep, and he began distancing himself from the people around him. Tristan feels guilty for the death of all of his Pokemon and no matter how much time has passed he hasn't been able to move on.

Since he came back, Tristan became very afraid of forming bonds with others. He also became deathly afraid of causing the death of his loved ones and innocents and so began distancing himself from them in hopes that they would not share the same horrible fate his Pokemon did because of his stupidity. He became very quiet and only talks when needed to.

Most, due to depression, would stop eating, but the opposite happened to Tristan. He began to stuff himself with food, trying to fill the emptiness and to banish the guilt he felt. If his parents didn't constantly stop him from eating to the point where his belly would explode, monitored how much he ate, and convinced him to exercise he would be a very short and obese boy.

He became very quiet and distant. Hard working he became, but that was just to keep his mind off of his morbid thoughts once he couldn't stuff himself like he usually did. He became unwilling to become closer to others and he became afraid of causing the deaths of all the people he gets close to.

Appearance:
Tristan wears a brown Teddiursa beanie on his head, with a white t-shirt, khakis, brown vans, and white socks. There is a chain that is attached from the outside edges of his pockets up to his belt. On this chain there are five grey pokeballs. These pokeballs are of his dead team. He couldn't stand to bury their bodies under the ground where bacteria and other decomposers are left to do what they will so he keeps them on a chain in their pokeballs. He also wears a pair of black thick rimmed glasses and highly refuses to wear contacts.

Due to his over eating, Tristain has a BMI of about 26 at a height of five foot five. He use to be obese during his time of depression, but ever since his parents had noticed that he was eating more and gaining much more weight they discovered that he was trying to eat his depression away. Worried, they cut back on how much they gave him and got him to exercise. This lowered his BMI. He has bags around his brown eyes and he is bald under his Teddiursa beanie. Once he had come back from Olivine the first thing he did was shave his head and put it under a beanie.

Starter Species: Chikorita

Spr_5b_152.png

Nickname: None until he gets over the fear of getting close to others.

Attacks: Tackle, Growl, and Razor Leaf

RP Sample:
I haven't been to Olivine City in a long time. I dreaded it actually. I don't think I am ready to walk into a city where my pokemon met their last moments.

I wiped my eyes to stop the tears that were threatening to spill. I shouldn't be thinking about this now.

My uncle and aunt in the front eyed the rearview mirror noticing that I had wiped my eyes. They raised their eyebrows as if they were trying to say: "Are you all right?"

I nod my head in response and they went back to driving.

I was being sent on a delivery by both of my fathers. They had a client that lived in Olivine and they needed me to bring the client some of our store's most popular candy. They would usually send it through their messenger Noctowl, but it had fallen sick and they didn't trust me with the store anymore, so I couldn't watch it for them. My aunt and uncle happened to be in town and had offered to take me since they lived in Olivine.

And here I was, in the back of their beat up looking jeep going to a city that still haunts my dreams.

"What was the address again?" My uncle asked as he drove.

I had pulled out the address my parents had written on a post-it note and positioned it near the path of the mirror. My uncle took a quick look at it before making a sharp turn to the right. The harbor was in the view of the window and I could hear the water pokemon that inhabited the ocean wail. Many children were playing in the sand, many were building sun castles, a few people set up nets to play volleyball, and there were a few people trying to catch the sun on their skin.

The jeep made an abrupt stop, making my face smash against the back of my uncle's seat. I had raised my eyebrow at him wondering about the abrupt start.

"We're here," My uncle answered my eyebrow as he pointed.

It was a little cottage. It was cozy, made from wood, probably imported. It stood on a little wooden porch that was elevated off from the ground. There were windows that faced the ocean, giving whoever walked by them the glimpse of the shimmering water and the sunrise and set.

I got out of the car and my uncle rolled down the window. He was searching for something in his pocket before he handed it to me. It was a crumpled up envelope, probably what my parents gave him before he smashed it into his jeans pocket.

"Give this to him too," My uncle said, "Don't look at what is inside."

He had glared at me as he said the second part of the sentence. He was serious and I decided to take him seriously.

I nodded.

"You remember where our house is right?" My uncle asked, "Just go there when you're done with your business."

They drove off. I walked up the little steps of the porch and raised my fisted hand on the door. I knocked.

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Poliwhirl.

Name: Leon Reed

History:
Leon was born in Cianwood City, Johto. His father worked as a Lab Assistant with the local professor, Prof. Bowen and studied the Pokémon of the Safari Zone. As a result, Leon managed to visit the Safari Zone plenty of times, and grew very fond and knowledgeable of the rare species of Pokémon. As he approached his tenth year, Prof. Bowen sent a letter to Prof. Elm asking that he may allow Leon a starter Pokémon and Pokémon Trainer license. Prof. Elm, however, turned down the request, claiming that his government grants had been cut in half since the surge of "modern jobs" and that therefore he wouldn't have a Pokémon or PokéDex for Leon. Later that year, they would come to learn the true magnitude of this statement, as former government investors shut down their own research.

Out of a job, Leon's father turned to fishing, and at first he did okay. He only had to worry about feeding one kid, his wife and himself, but pretty soon there were more fishermen than buyers in the Cianwood coast, and with declining tourism Leon's family decided to move, to the capital of "modernism", Goldenrod City. There, both of his parents were forced to take up office jobs, and Leon found himself alone a lot of the time. Before, he'd been used to learning math in the morning with his dad, spending the rest of the day with his mom, going to the beach to "hunt for Krabbys" or to hang out with his friends. Then he would spend the weekends at the Safari Zone with his dad, and sometimes Uncle Bowen too; but now…

He didn't know anyone in Goldenrod. He lived in a poor neighborhood, and not being a particularly physical specimen, he was intimidated by many of the hood's kids. He thought he'd make friends when school started, his dad had said he'd enroll him in a Pokémon Academy, but the city could be so expensive to live in, that that soon stopped being a possibility. As such, he found his only refuge from danger or loneliness in the local library. He could become so engrossed in books sometimes, that he'd spend the entire day there; then again, he was always home before dark. He particularly liked reading mythology; any mythology really, Pokémon myths as well as ancient and foreign myths. He always thought of the monsters in Classical Greek mythology as fantastical foreign Pokémon that he just yearned to one day see.

At the age of sixteen he decided to get a job in the library, started saving up some money for himself, and rotting every day in the same damn building. He became frail, he became absent-minded, his usually tanned skin had turned completely pale, and as he grew, he grew thinner and thinner. Although his parents were always home at night, and they had dinner together as a family, he grew distant, and his parents seemed almost strangers. Books, that was his only escape from his miserable life, to awe at the power of the gods of mythology, to cast himself to be the protagonist of a novel, or the hero of an epic. He read of legendary Pokémon masters who made a name for themselves by saving the regions from a given predicament, and yearned that one day they could write a book of him. He wished that he could make a name for himself as a Trainer and become a Pokémon Master… how sweet that would be. And then one day, his opportunity was there. He held up the poster he'd been asked to post on the library door, and saw it… The Whirl Cup!

Personality:
Even when young, Leon has always been very intelligent, however, he never went to a formal school, being homeschooled in math and versed in Pokémon by his dad. As a young boy in Cianwood City, Leon was always a very cheerful kid, he very rarely got into arguments with his mom, and absolutely idolized his dad, as well as Prof. Bowen for how much they knew about Pokémon. He had an easy time making friends and was also athletic, but most of that changed after moving to Goldenrod City. Leon's family lives in a rather poor neighborhood due to his father's lack of wallet size in an inflating economy, and the kids there aren't quite as nice as the Cianwood islanders, or even the tourists. Aware that there are several gangs in the area, and absolutely petrified of them due to his small frame, Leon always keep a low profile, and doesn't loiter in the street for too long. However, even though he's become highly introverted, and physically weak and frail, the new-found possibility of becoming a Pokémon trainer has given him the determination that he can make his life worthy of a book!​

Appearance:
Leon's most characteristic trait is that he's redheaded. Well, his hair color is actually more of a strawberry blonde color, but he won't be the one to tell you that! His eyes are amber-colored, and he has light freckles on his nose. Since he spends most of his time reading, his lack of physical activity and contact with the sun have turned him prone to disease, physically weak, and of very pale skin color. Leon is also very skinny; although he stands at 5'10" he scarcely lifts the scale to 150 pounds. Thus, he finds himself wearing thick long-sleeved shirts almost year long, since he's pretty damn sensitive to the cold.​

Starter Species: Totodile
158.png

Nickname: Typhon

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Poliwhirl.

TEAM:
155.gif
Cinder (Cyndaquil, male)
Attacks: Tackle | Leer | Smokescreen | Ember

Name: Simon Silvester

History: Simon was born in Olivine, in a family with two office workers for parents and an older sister who dreamed bigger. The whole family was set on jobs from the new wave of opportunities that had quelled pokémon training. Simon's sister, Cecil, grew up wanting to become a manager at some big company and their parents were proud of her but didn't have much time to show it as they were home quite little. Therefore Cecil, being 5 years older than Simon, became the one to take care of her little brother more or less reluctantly as he grew up.

The lack of attention from his parents might have been what first triggered his rebellious ways. He always wore his hair bushy, like he'd just gotten out of bed, and he pierced his ear and got a tattoo on his back without telling his parents beforehand. When Cecil tried to set him straight, he wouldn't listen. All Simon would do was make sarcastic remarks. And dream... Cecil knew that he would be a good kid in school if he just made an effort. She had seen him solve mathematical problems or crosswords in magazines with ease, he just didn't show any of that in school. He didn't want people to think he was a dork. Cecil blamed her parents for not taking better care of Simon's skills. She had never had an easy time doing maths or writing. But he could, he just didn't want to.

When he became a teenager, Simon started hanging with bad crowds, but for some reason he was never involved in the really bad stuff. He didn't touch drugs or alcohol and never really did any criminal things, even though his "friends" did. He always managed to avert the attention from him or talk his way out of doing that. Cecil noticed this and confronted him about it. Wasn't he a "real" bad boy? That was one of the few times Simon had broken down in front of his sister. He told her everything about how he felt. He couldn't do those things the people in his gang did, because it was just... stupid. They were stupid.

Cecil realized now that Simon really was more intelligent than the average human. He had just not gotten any opportunity to show it. And if he stayed here, he wouldn't really gain a chance either, having the friends he did... Having heard about the Whirl Cup the other day, Cecil immediately signed her brother up for it. She didn't tell him until she had gotten a response saying that he was in. He was shocked and a bit angry with her for doing something like that. But he soon realized what an opportunity it would be. He had never thought a lot about pokémon since he had rarely met them, but he had seen many movies on TV with pokémon battles and he had played with pokémon toys when he was younger. Cecil convinced him that with his wits, he could make it. If he didn't give up already. He didn't.

Personality: Simon acts like a nonchalant, sarcastic guy that doesn't care about you unless you can make him smile or be useful to him in any way. But that is mostly when there are other people around. Since he told his sister everything about how he'd felt the last few years, it's like some kind of barrier has broken down. When he is alone with someone, he can be more mature and some of his intelligence can shine through his messy appearance.

He might be described as cheerful, but at the same time he seems a bit intimidating. People don't know that he used to be part of a slightly criminal teenage gang in Olivine that surely would take any chance to beat him up if they ran into him now. He has never really agreed on the stuff they were doing; his intelligence simply told him to hang with them to look cool and gain some sense of safety towards other people who might want to judge him differently.

Now, he will realize that this intelligence will prove useful when learning how to train a pokémon. His sister have always felt that he was meant for something more, even though he thought she was crazy to think such things. But perhaps this is it. Perhaps he is meant to become a great pokémon trainer? He is already starting to focus on the competition part. He hasn't yet realized that pokémon aren't merely tools... they can even become great friends. Something he surely would need.

He has never really traveled out of town. However strange that may sound, it wasn't uncommon for kids in his age with parents with similar, underpaid, jobs. They simply didn't have enough time to take their families out on camping tours or travels to other cities. Thus, Simon doesn't know much about what the other cities and the landscape is like. Only what he's learned in school and through magazines and TV.

Appearance: He isn't overly muscular, rather he's pretty thin and light. He has sandy blond hair that is rather fluffy and spiky and in a permanent out-of-bed look since he never bothers to do anything about it. His smile is wide when he chooses to bless someone with it and his skin always seem to have a slight tan. In his left ear, he wears a single silver ring that maybe makes him look a bit strange, but he thinks it's cool. He put it there even before he was a teenager, against his sister's wishes. On his back, he has a tattoo that is a relief of the legendary pokémon Ho-oh. He put it there without telling his parents when he had just become a teenager.

When going on the journey, Simon has decided to wear a red and black headband to look cool. He wears slim, bright jeans and black boots with brown laces. Normally, at home, he wears white sneakers but his sister figures it'll be better to have sturdy boots on the journey, and forced him to wear them. He wears t-shirts in simple colors like black, white or gray, and a dark red jacket on top of that. His bag is a dark grey backpack where he fits a very packable sleeping back, some extra clothes, food, pokéballs, a map and other important items.

Starter Species: Cyndaquil, male
Nickname: Cinder

RP Sample: Simon left the house before dawn. Even before his parents had gone off to work. He had left a note on the kitchen table. A classic. Cecil had said that he had better tell them properly... or else, she would. Simon had shrugged and walked out from the conversation. He was not going to tell them. They would not notice that he was gone anyways.

As the sun tenderly rose, the blonde boy sat on a bench by the sea, watching the light from the east reflect in the slow waves. He ate some breakfast that he had brought, since he did not want to linger at home for longer than necessary. He had, however, stopped at his sister's doorway for a moment, watching her sleep peacefully. He would miss her. But she was the one who had signed him up for this. She had only herself to blame if she started missing him too.

The gang would not find him here this early. They never left bed before noon, unless they really had to go to school for some reason. Simon had been the only one of them that went to school on almost every lesson, even though he often spaced out in the classroom or annoyed others. He wanted to listen, because some part of him was eager to learn things. To fill his brain up with facts and numbers. Pictures. Not that he would ever show on a test that he had actually learned something. That was why he never really did what he was supposed to do in school. That just was not his way.

Not before. But maybe now? He threw away the empty papers, in which he had stuffed a sandwich, and took a sip from his water bottle. Nobody could say he was not well prepared. At least not when it came to equipment. But maybe mentally... of course, he did not know what awaited him, so he would not know how to prepare himself, really.

When the sun was up, people started moving around Olivine. Simon got up as well. He should go find professor Woods. The letter she had sent to Cecil, accepting Simon into the Whirl Cup competition, lay folded in the pocket of his dark red jacket. But he did not need that to know where to go. Everybody who had lived in Olivine City knew where Ginevra Woods' lab was. Just a couple of minutes from the beach on foot.

The great house towered before him. This was where he was going to get a pokémon of his own. Completely free... if he had told his "friends" about this competition, they would surely have signed up themselves, hoping to get a spot just to get a pokémon and then quit the game without even leaving Olivine. Dumb bastards. They did not see what Cecil had seen... for Simon could not help but agree; the Whirl Cup might just be the biggest opportunity that had crossed his path, ever. Taking a deep breath... and then putting on his usual relaxed, somewhat nonchalant smile, he walked up to the entrance to the lab.

Last edited:

RyanRoksXD

Pokemon Hunger Games Tribute
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
POLIWHIRL

Name: Ryan Blake

History: Ryan grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Ecruteak City, smack dab in the middle of many open fields in the middle of nowhere. He has worked since he was 7 years old, milking the Milktanks, cultivating the crops, sheering the Mareep and getting shocked, all in a days work. Ryan's parents were both former trainers, successful enough to reach the Pokemon League, where they met. Neither of them won, though, so they got married and settled down in Johto, where Ryan was born. Ever since he was a baby, his parents told him stories of them receiving their first pokemon, their journey, how excited they were and how much fun they had with their friends. Ryan was so excited to become a trainer that some nights he just didn't sleep because he was thinking about it so much.

Then, new careers began to sprout up all over the region, and the term "trainer" was scarcely ever heard anymore. The day Ryan turned 11, he took a trip straight to receive his Starter Pokemon. Ryan was so excited to start, but Professor Elm shut his doors on him saying "He had no more Pokemon to supply". Ryan went back home, crushed. He didn't leave his room for days. One day, he mustered up enough energy to push all of his feelings down, and start working on the farm, which was a good thing because the farm began to go into debt. For a while, he actually believed he didn't want to be a trainer. He worked away all his troubles, and he was quite good at it. Inside, though, he had lost all hope. Until the Whirl Cup was announced. He was going to win. For his parents. For the Farm. For himself.

Personality: Ryan is a very excitable, balanced kid. He is always looking for the best qualities in everyone, even if there are no good qualities to be found. He is very friendly, and never judges anyone simply by who they appear to be. He's quite nervous around people he doesn't know, simply because he's only really known his parents and the pokemon on the farm for his whole life. He's been to town, but doesn't like to spend much time there because he feels so out of place. All of the other kids want to be managers of companies and tycoons.Ryan has never really had any friends, and that's partly why he wants a pokemon so badly, so he can bond with something other than his parents and the pokemon on his farm.

Ryan hates being the center of attention. Ryan is quite attractive, and every so often a girl comes up to the farm and tries to win him over, which he absolutely hates. He has a secret rebellious side that he hasn't ever let take control because theres nothing really rebellious to do on his small farm. Ryan is incredibly worried about his future and his destiny, and he hopes to be more than just a simple farmhand on a a farm in the middle of nowhere. A nobody. Well he wants to accomplish something before becoming that

Appearance: Ryan has short brown hair that all sort of spikes up in the front. A sort of faux hawk. He has Blue-Green eyes that change depending upon what colors he's wearing. They've been described as "mesmerizing". He wears a red vest with a white shirt and jeans. Simple travel wear. He has a muscular build from working on his farm ever since he was little, and is about 5"8. He wears an out dated Poke Etch watch, from about 4 years ago. His parents bought it for him for his birthday as preparation for his Journey, which obviously didnt work out.

Starter Species: Totodile
Nickname: Sometimes Toto, but usually just Totodile

RP Sample: The clock struck 5:30 in the morning. How did Ryan know this? Well quite frankly it was because every morning he would jump at the most unattractive sound ever heard by the face of the earth emitted by his fathers Honchcrow. Ryan stretched, fixed his hair quickly, and got dressed. He yawned as he opened the door, a gust of cool early morning air kissing his face.

"Hey old girl" he said, quickly petting the face of one of three of his families Milktank's. He opened the pasture for all of their farm animals to roam in, acting as shepherd to make sure none of them tried to bolt. He closed the gate, and proceeded to take care of his every day chores. He milked the Milktanks, sheared the Mareep whose coats were ready, and then prepared them for sale at the local shop.

Ryan rolled out his bike, packed on all the supplies on the back, and hopped on, riding it down to the town center. Shortly after he arrived, and not a moment too soon. There was a representative in the store for something, but Ryan had no idea what yet.

"Morning Mirabelle, here's the milk and wool you ordered" Ryan said, staring at the man. He looked like he was from a city, like Ecruteak or Olivine.

"Here he is, Geoffrey, this is Ryan" Mirabelle said, taking the wool and milk.

"Whats going on Mirabelle?" Ryan asked, a little apprehensive.

"Well, Ryan. I think I'm the person to answer that question for you." The man in a lab coat said, coming towards Ryan. "I represent Pokemon Professor Wood. As you have probably noticed, the Pokemon League is diminishing as a result of all of the other new fields spouting. You had gone to Professor Elm to start your Pokemon Journey, correct?" the man asked.

"Well yes, but he closed his doors on me, he had no Pokemon to distribute" Ryan said, downtrodden. It felt like this man was trying to make him feel bad.

"Well, this is your chance to start your journey, albeit a tad bit late. All Pokemon Professors are holding The Whirl Cup together, in an attempt to make the job of Pokemon Trainer popular again. You have been hand chosen to take this journey. Are you up for the challenge?" The Professors Aid said, smirking.

Ryan thought for a minute. "Is this still what I want? I have a very fulfilling life on the farm.................. No. This is what I want. Hell I've been waiting since I was 11!". "Yes! I want this!" Ryan exclaimed excitedly.

"Excellent" The aid picked a flyer out of his bag. "Now make your way to Olivine City, and to Professor Woods lab, that is where you can pick up your pokemon. Good Luck" He said, leaving.

Ryan quickly grabbed the money from Mirabelle and biked home as fast as he could. "Mom! Dad! Look at this letter!" he said, handing it to them

"Ryan! Go! Don't worry about us! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity staring at you in the face!" His dad said, smiling.

Ryan grabbed his pack, already stuffed with everything he would ever need for his journey, as he had been preparing for a moment like this ever since that fateful day at the Lab, and left the farm. He picked up rides from stranger, walked, and within two days he reached Olivine. He stood outside of Professor Woods lab.

"Finally" A broad smile appeared on his face, and he ran inside the lab, his destiny awaiting on the other side.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Do we get any clues as to what Prof. Woods looks like (besides that she's a she)?

Also, I thought I should let you know that this upcoming week is finals week, and that I may not be able to be post at all… depending on how much I already know.

Anyways, I'll probably post once today, and start making a battle post for sometime mid-week, but yeah. (Please Arceus, keep me away from this damned site -_-')

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
Years
Thank you everyone for posting and being patient with me :D I seem to have forgotten to copy and paste some vitally important information.. I thought I'd post it here rather than edit the first chapter post.

Pokemon Stats
Chikorita begins with the attacks Tackle, Growl & Razor Leaf​
Totodile begins with the attacks Scratch, Leer & Water Gun​
Cyndaquil begins with the attacks Tackle, Leer & Smokescreen​

To answer First Snow's question, the Pokemon do not level up as such. They learn new attacks by getting battle experience or if you actually practise with them to learn a new attack. I will award the mastery/acquiring of a new attack after you post. Hopefully that clears that up.

Now for Professor Woods' description:
Spoiler:

If anyone else needs any more information, please let me know via VM.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll try to post tomorrow, sorry for not having anything up yet :x it's not me being lazy, it's just lack of time! Studies are killing me. Around Christmas and New Years, I'll have lots of more time ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I guess so. I'll probably post this evening :) johto <3

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I shall post today when I get home from class. ^_^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It's going slow. Dunno why I have such a bad imagination today :p lots of other things to think about, I guess.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Sorry, Breezy, I won't be able to post for a while. I have a lot of homework today and I have finals next week. T^T. I will try to sneak chapter 1 in, but I doubt it'll happen...

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
I KNOW it took me days to post (would've taken longer if I didn't start before finals), but now that school's finally over, and I own my life again you can expect me to post at least once like every week. :D

Anyways, it's not my greatest post ever, but I'll do a better job with the fight!

EDIT: Wait a minute, I thought we didn't get a PokéDex… Can you please clarify whether we do?

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I won't be able to post today or even this week at all. Finals are coming up and I am using the time I have to study. The piles of homework that I have isn't helping either. Dang it teacher and wanting to pile everything on me.

Anyways, I won't be able to post until Friday, but then by that time I will most likely be wallowing in self-pity.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Yay! Update…

I'll probably post tomorrow (and end up reaching the Moo Moo Farm by then).

@RHCP: Let me know if you're interested in making a joint post. :)

RyanRoksXD

Pokemon Hunger Games Tribute
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Just wondering, but is the challenge only available to drunk and Simon?

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Question:

Will the trainers we battled become recurring rivals, or are they not part of the Whirl Cup? (Or are they recurring rivals who will not take part in the Whirl Cup)
EDIT: Since I got a Totodile I decided not to catch Krabby, but believe me, it hurts… :'(

EDIT2: @Ryan: …………………… mad ninja'd me for that Growlithe *feels almost hurt* Oh well, Stantler it is…

EDIT3: @Breezy: I'm pretty sure you meant Routes 39 & 38 in the update… can you guys tell I have absolutely nothing to do today x'D *forever alone*​

Last edited:
Back