• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Legend and Song (T)

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
Years
OOC/SU Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268317
~Introduction~

Hello, and welcome to Bell Town. Many Pokemon inhabit this fair little town by the sea, running shops and just living their daily lives. As the name suggest, many bells can be found here, and the sound they create is beautiful. Raichu's Guild, a famous rescue team guild in the region, can be found here. Raichu is always happy to accept new trainees and teams into his guild. Things are normally quite peaceful, but recently, troubles have begun to brew…

~Plot~

There is a legend in the region about Reshiram, Zekrom, and Meloetta. Reshiram and Zekrom watched over the land as heavenly beings, while Meloetta ruled as the mortal queen. Reshiram and Zekrom guided Meloetta on how to rule the land properly. Meloetta was kind and caring towards her subjects, and ruled fairly. She loved to sing, dance, and play music. She even created a song she deemed "Meloetta's Medley". She had a special flute known as the Legend Flute which she would sometimes play it on.

However, one fateful night, Reshiram and Zekrom began to argue over a mystical shrine with extraordinary powers that had been discovered. Reshiram wanted the shrine to be a shrine for fire, while Zekrom wanted it to be a shrine lightning. The argument grew so heated they began to fight intensely. This caused an outbreak of extreme storms and droughts over the land. Out of fear for her people's safety, Meloetta used her powers to stop them. However, the force needed to do so took away all of her energy, and she withered away into a stone statue. Reshiram and Zekrom, discovering this and feeling responsible, used the shrine as a resting place for Meloetta's statue and sealed it off. They appointed a new ruler and went back to the heavens.

Legend has it that whenever they would fight, terrible droughts and storms would happen across the land. But, if someone were to play Meloetta's Medley on the Legend Flute, they would stop their fighting out because of what happened to Meloetta and things would be right again. The Legend Flute and Meloetta's resting place have never been discovered. Some say Meloetta appears in the dreams of potential heroes, but no one has ever reported seeing her.

Recently, water has been reported vanishing from certain locations that are abundant in it, and unusual storms have appeared in areas that receive little rain. Some people are worried this is the beginning of what is stated to happen in the legends, while others have shrugged it off as a mere coincidence. Raichu has been taking it very seriously, and has been studying his books of myth in the guild's library. He is thinking of recruiting and training new rescue teams and having them investigate the matter.

~Where do you come in?~

You can be...

Spoiler:

~Rules~
1. All standard PC rules apply.
2. No swearing.
3. No Godmodding/bunnying are anything of that matter.
4. Romance is allowed, in fact, I encourage it. But please, no farther than kissing.
5. I want nice posts and sign ups. I'd like at least two paragraphs a post, but I can understand if you have writer's block.
6. Please let me know if you aren't going to be active for a while. If you don't. and you are inactive for at least 10 days, your characters will be dropped.
7. Please title your SU post "Snowflake" to ensure you read the rules.
8. You can have as many characters as you want, but only one team.
9. You cannot have a shiny or legendary character. You can have a slightly alternately colored character, however. Just nothing too extreme, like a rainbow Ekans.
10. I shall be playing all NPCs. After a while, I may choose good roleplayers to play as some, but you must be active, a good poster, and respectful to me and the other roleplayers.
11. As for battling, keep it at a T rating. So no extreme gore or anything like that.
12. Please title your SU post "Snowflake Storm" to ensure you read EVERY rule C:.

~Leveling Up/Evolving~
Spoiler:

~SU~
Spoiler:

~Important Places~
Spoiler:

~NPC's~
Spoiler:

~Accepted Characters~
Spoiler:

~Accepted Teams~

Spoiler:

There will always be spots open, so join anytime ^^.
Update: New character statuses are available.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
SNOWFLAKE STORM

Name: Jamhand Carter the Unmatched, also known as Jam

Species: Golurk

Level: 45

Personality: Jam is a very good leader. His teammates at the Charabanc looked up to him. He inherited almost all of Taiho's personality; a good father-figure to others, quick and decisive in his decisions, and a noble person. Jam sticks to his promises as well as a gum stick to a shoe. He also expects others to do the same. He is not hesitant in giving a blow to anybody whose ideals are not the same as him. Because of this, he gathered more friends than enemies.

He is also easily offended. Despite being a Golurk, whose neutrality and indifference are famous far and wide, Jam is an Electivire at heart. Jam never missed out anybody who offends him, and like all Electivires, is hasty. He always wants to sort problems out, fist by fist. For him, peaceful things are petty things. They would never get anything working. A firm action is required for everything. Due to this, Jam had been training. His power was unmatched by anybody, and is therefore given the title, Unmatched.

History: Jamhand Carter was born to unknown parents, but he later assumed them to be fellow Golurks. It doesn't matter to him anyway. He only considered a single Pokémon as a father-figure. He was left under a pile of snow, as stories say, and was found by an Electivire named Taiho the Fickle. Taiho got the nearly-dead infant Golette and cared for him in the local daycare. Taiho is famous as being the caretaker of the city's orphans, and Jam is no special case. Without an identity, Taiho named the infant Jamhand and took his surname as the child's own. He considered Jam to be his own child.

As Jam grew up, he became a famous face around the daycare. He had his own set of friends, including the orphan Jankahn, or Jan, the Drilbur. Taiho loved all orphans dearly, but took considerable care for Jam and Jan. According to the stories, Taiho loved strong Pokémon, as he himself is a strong one. A Golette and a Drilbur is sure to grow to be strong Pokémon someday. And he was right. When Golette turned fourteen, he left the daycare and proceeded to the Raichu guild, and trained as an apprentice there. Jan followed his lead, and also became a member of the guild. They both graduated at the age of eighteen. Jam decided to build his own guild, in which Jan immediately agreed to. They built Charabanc, and set up a modest guild north of the Bell Town.

Jam had been an active rescuer since then. His guild managed to gain much reputation that there is a very long line of hopefuls, hoping to gain admission to Charabanc. However, Jam refused. He wanted only top-caliber members in his guild, and succeeded in putting up a very successful guild indeed.

Moveset: Heavy Slam, Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge

Team: Charabanc

Team Profile
Name: Charabanc

Leader: Jamhand Carter the Unmatched

Goal: Good team. Focused on high-rewarding jobs.

Members: Jamhand Carter the Unmatched/ Jam/ Golurk/ Founder

Jankahn Beestinger the Vicious/ Jan/ Excadrill

Gin Yakuzami the Loremaster/ Gin/ Slowbro

Battlebeard/ Beard/ Marowak

Fhanda the Young/ Fhanda/ Lilligant

Leolamin Brsytle / Leo/ Arcanine

Notes: The team was named after a famous Rapidash-drawn carriage in the 16th century. Jam chose the name because, at first, he was determined to create a team that is focused on the transportation of stranded souls. But when the drought started to set in, he suddenly realized that money is the most needed thing. Charabanc doesn't accept members, but instead recruits them if they saw the talent.

His members are an assorted collection of characters. Jan is Jam's childhood bestfriend. He is Jam's confidante, a very obvious choice since both child had been raised by the same Pokémon. When Jam was old enough to travel, Jan accompanied him and they both joined an unnamed guild. When they graduated, they setup a guild themselves, with Jam as the master, and Jan the co-founder. He is 28 years old and is a member of the guild since it was built, nine years ago. He earned the nickname Vicious because of his unparalleled speed and strength.

Loremaster is the only Slowbro in a family of Slowking. His parents were astounded when Loremaster, then named Gin, evolved to a Slowbro, a change that hadn't occurred in their family for decades. They disowned him, saying he is "a pest in the midst of well-grown flowers." Despite being a Slowbro, his Psychic powers were far stronger than his clan. He left his clan, vowing to never come back. He was recruited by Charabanc for his ability. He is 29 years old and is a member of Charabanc for eight years already. He was nicknamed the Loremaster because of his strong Psychic powers.

Battlebeard is a lone monk living in the mountains. He started his meditation when he was merely 22 year old. For three decades, he has not gone down the mountains, relying on the wild fruits the mountain has to offer. Charabanc recruited him during a rescue mission when the said forest was on fire. Losing a home, Battlebeard went down to the mountains to live as a member of Charabanc. His true name is unknown. He is 60 years old and is a member of Charabanc for eight years already.

Fhanda was recuited by Charabranc when she was a still a Petillil. Despite her frail form, Fhanda managed to top in the local tournament for unevolved Pokémon. This caught Charabanc's attention. They stalked her more, watching her battles, as she slowly improved. When she reached 14, the right age to join a guild, Charabanc immediately recruited her. She is 18 years old, and is a member for four years already. She earned the nickname Young because of her age.

Leolamin is Charabanc's newest recruit. He is a newly passed ranger and had shown considerable skill in the field. The young Arcanine is a quick-thinker, proven by the members of Charabanc when they had a chance to work with him on a mission. They immediately recruited him afterwards. Leolamin was hesitant at first, refusing to give up his post on the Ranger Association but, when he saw the reputation of Charabanc as one of the most successful and richest guild, Leolamin gave in. He is 24 years old and is a member for a year already.

Yay! 1st SU!

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Snow flake Storm
Name: They refer amongst themselves as numbers 1-6, but they like to be called the "Pea Pod."
Species: Exeggcute
Level: 5
Personality: They're a large collection of minds, but as a group they are very friendly and sometimes a bit excitable. They are all telepathically linked, so no one is ever sure exactly what they are thinking about. However, if you manage to get past their inherit oddities and really get to know them, it'll almost be as if you're one of the pod.
History: They cannot remember a time before they had joined up together. They assume they were just individual Eggs hopping about until it's psychic link brought it to others of it's kind. But the six of them met in Espera forest, where they've hung about for most of their life.

However, in Espera forest they were often teased for being what they are. Most people didn't feel intimidated by a group of seeds bouncing in a group. They were sick of being pushed around by the likes of Sceptile and Venasaur within this forest area. They decided to move into Bell town and join Raichu's guild, to prove exactly how strong the power of team work was.
Moveset: Energy ball, Psychic, Light screen, Synthesis
Notes: They use a colourful stone at times of confusion to avoid speaking all at once.

Last edited:

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
Years
@miltankRancher: Excellent SU! Both character and team definitely approved C:

@DJYosh, I'm sorry, but I can't approve your characters just yet for two reasons.
1. You forgot one rule regarding sign-ups.
2. Are the Pea Pod new recruits or have they been around for a while? Because the level is a bit low if they've been there for a while, but just fine for a new recruit. I fixed up the available statuses list because I thought the "current member of guild" part seemed a bit confusing, because I hadn't specified how long the current members would have to be at the guild to advance from "New Recruit" to "Current Guild Member". Sorry about that if that was confusing.

They're very nice characters, so once you fix up these things then they're approved C:

I shall have my own SU up soon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I edited my post and fixed it. I can't believe I completely skimmed over that rule without realizing it.

Yeah, I was thinking of making them brand new recruits at level 5. Someone trying to find their place in the guild.

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
Snowflake Storm

Name: Aslea

Species: Espeon

Level: 25

Personality: Aslea is a brave and daring Espeon, although her family is always calm. She loves adventure, and dispite her parents' protests, she always goes into dungeons to explore. Aslea also is very good at using her psychic powers, and is kind to her friends/partners.

History: When Aslea was an Eevee, she was abandoned by her parents on a large moutain. She never knew it, but she was a princess's decendent, and bad teams were after her. To keep her warm and safe, her parents gave her a Sacred Amulet to keep for safety, a large purple blanket that could cover both sides of her, and a small pink necklace to put the amulat on.

When Aslea had evolved, she had found a new family, two Lucarios and a Riolu. She had trained a lot, since her dream was to either join or create a rescue team. She had met many friends, and with their help, created a rescue team of her own. Now she has six members in it, her friends and partners.

Moveset: Psychic, Morning Sun, Dig, Stored Power

Notes: Aslea is the decendent of a princess, so some bad teams are after her.

Team Profile

Name: Psy-blade
Leader: Aslea
Goal: Good team. They take pretty much any job they can get, they are warm-hearted.
Members:

Leader-Aslea the Band Leader (Espeon)

Members-
Shock the Lights (Raichu)
Sky the Performer (Ufezant)
La-sa the Singer (Altaria)
Musico the Guitar Player (Kricketot)
Sharp the Drumer (Floatzel)

Notes: Psy-blade's members are also a band- Aslea and the Psychic Slayers.

Last edited:

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
Years
@juniebug910 Nice SU, but I can't accept your character and team just yet because you forgot one little thing, but once you have that then you are accepted.

Years
I AM SO JOINING THIS! :D
Name: Crystal
Species: Eevee
Level: 56
Personality: Crystal always loved rescuing pokemon. She is very feisty, and nice. She likes making friends.
History: When Crystal was five years old, and level 10, she saw one of her friends drowning. She shouted her, and proceeded to save her. Alakazam, a Guild leader had saw her, and asked her to help them save other pokemon. She wanted to, but her mum thought she was too young. Then, at the age of nine she went to join. She went on many missions, until one day she battled a Gyrados. That Gyrados slashed her under her ear, and she has had a scar there ever since.

When she was fourteen, She became a team leader and made a team. She is now an excellent Team Leader.
Moveset: Quick Attack, Sand attack, Dark Pulse (she learnt that somehow, for her evoloution.) and Cute Look.
Notes: (Anything else we should know about your character.)

Name: Team Gemstone
Leader: Crystal (me)
Goal: This is a good team, just to save people (and make a bit of cash)
Members: Crystal, Lily (NPC), Oliver (NPC) (two slots available.)
Notes: (Anything else we should know about your team.)

Years
Snowflake Storm

Name: Zoro
Species: Oddly colored Zorua
Level: 15
Personality: Zoro is a stubborn prankster, He loves to prank other pokémon, especially guild members, he hates it when some one calls him a girl, just because of the color of his fur, and because of his bell. Zoro loves laying under trees on hot days, you will normally find him in cool or shady places. You will normally find him resting in trees or on building roofs, he likes to help people, but f he doesn't like you, you'll know. He keep's grudges against people.
History: When Zoro was five, he wandered into Bell town all beaten up. He was taken in by a local family. All he remembers is living in a village filled with other Zoruas and Zoroarks, then a massive fire and fire types attacking it. He is not sure if there are other survivors, but all he does know is that he hates fire types and hot places. As he grew up he has always been the rambunctious prankster in Bell town, Deep down he wants to be part of a rescue team, but feels like he would hinder any rescues, so if you ask him if he wants to join a guild, he would probably be very jerk-like, or run off. He gets into trouble a lot.
As Zoro was growing up in Bell Town, he was very violent in his pranks, sometimes hurting the pokémon he would be pranking, so one day his adopted mother gave him a special bell that when it chimes it helps to calm Zoro's violent nature.
Moveset: Scratch, Fury Swipes, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse.
Notes: (this is what he looks like->)
ZorotheZorua.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I don't think I need to speak for the GM, but Mzmingle might want to take another look at the rules to ensure your SU is up to scratch. Double check, and if you don't get it, TRIPLE check.

Last edited:

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
Years
@mzmingle I like Crystal, but I can't accept her just yet.
1. You forgot one rule regarding SU's. Don't worry, you're not the only one C:
2. The second paragraph in your history was a bit short. If you can't think of anything to add to her history, why don't you tell how Crystal met and recruited Lily and Oliver? Also, what species Pokemon are they?
Once you fix these things up, I'd be happy to accpet Crystal and Team Gemstone.

@Adder_Panda Very nice. Approved.

@DJYosh Thanks, I know a lot of people have been forgetting that one rule, it's very easy to overlook.

And like I said earlier, I shall have my SU up very soon (Queen of Procrastination here -.-)!

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
How many people are we waiting to join before we decide to start? I'm ready to go at pretty much any time.

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
Years
Snowflake Storm

At the moment, I'm waiting for my OOC to be accepted.
Once that is done, we can start.
EDIT: Here's my SU! Finally~
Characters:
Name: Cho
Species: Beautifly
Level: 35
Personality: Cho is very giggly, girly, and child-like. She loves shiny and sparkly things, and gets distracted very easily. Although she has been evolved for a while now, she is still gettting used to having wings. Her distractions cause to crash into walls and other Pokemon easily. She's not excactly the brightest crayon in the box. She is also very curious, and prefers the exploring part of doing rescue work rather than facing wild Pokemon and battling. She loves adventure and is always excited to go on missions.
History: Cho lived in a village of Bug Pokemon before she moved to Bell Town to look for adventure. She was twelve and still a Wurmple at this time. She was inspired by tales of heros traveling to faraway lands and wanted to be just like them. She joined Raichu's guild when she turned fourteen (she had evolved into a Silcoon by now). Some of Raichu's trainers were reluctant at first to attempt to train her, for Silcoons weren't the best for missions. Raichu, however, was happy to accept the new member.

Cho's first rescue mission was to find a missing baby Skitty in Espera Forest. After searching for the baby, she found it being cornered by a larger-than-normal Poochyena. When it saw Cho, it began to attack. Cho became very nervous and used her only decent attack at the time out of fear: Bug Bite. It sent the Poochyena running, and Cho evolved into Beautifly on the spot. She brought the baby Skitty home to its mother and was praised by Raichu for her work. Cho felt determined she could do any rescue mission successfully and has been doing well ever since.
Moveset: Silver Wind/ Struggle Bug/ Flash/ Mega Drain
Notes: ...

Name: Isamu
Species: Gallade
Level: 45
Personality: Gallade is very quiet. He uses logic on a constant basis, but isn't afraid to use a quick fist. He is very corteous towards other Pokemon, and is very protective over younger ones. He trains hard, both physically and mentally, to raise his battling skills. He would accept any serious rescue job, but won't deliver items. He believes they take away time he could be doing actually rescueing someone or fighting a serious criminal. He wants to ensure justice over the land, no matter what it takes.
History: Isamu was raised by a Nidoking and Nidoqueen in Bell Town because his parents went missing when he was only an infant Ralts. His older foster brothers, two Nidorinos, would tease him and call him weak because of his appearance as a Ralts. Finally, Isamu couldn't take this bullying anymore and used a powerful Confusion attack on them, which was super effective. He evolved into a Kirlia at this time. As more reports of criminals and missing Pokemons came up, Isame wanted to do whatever he could to help. As soon as he hit ten years old he left home and joined Raichu's guild.
Isamu became one of the guild's most powerful members and evolved into Gallade when he was rewarded a Dawn Stone for rescuing a Dragonite from a canyon it fell into. He spent everyday either meditating or practicing his combat skills. Raichu saw him as a talented veteran of his guild and made him the first member of his team, Raichu's Elite. Isamu was honored to have such a high position in the team.
Moveset: Leaf Blade/ Psycho Cut/ Focus Blast/ Destiny Bond
Notes: ...

And now for my team:

Name: Raichu's Elite
Leader: Raichu
Goal: To protect the citizens of the land, this team takes on harsh and dangerous rescue missions for no charge.
Members:
Raichu
Isamu (Gallade)
*eight open spots available*
Notes: Only long-time veterans of Raichu's guild may join this team.

Last edited:
Back