• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the pokémon BET (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

just a little thing to play around in
if you feel like you have spare time
during your winter break~
225.gif

The Pokémon BET

IC thread found here.

Traveling pokémon:

Riesel the Cyndaquil - Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Deka the Shuppet - Otherworld9)
West the Cacnea

Snyder the Zubat - First Snow

Ashley the Sneasel - Miss Doronjo

Meredy the Feebas - Roswell

Chase the Charmander - -DeepImpact-
Skylar the Pidgey

The pokémon living in the forest near Littleroot Town in Hoenn had made a bet. It all started with a few pokémon joking around with each other. Then it went over to quarreling and soon, they were arguing for real and it was not just two pokémon anymore. One side said that they were doing fine living in their forest and that pokémon were meant to be what they are and live where they live because... because that's how things are. The other side mean that pokémon should go exploring and traveling just like humans do. If pokémon had never explored new areas, then they would never have spread across the globe, would they?

It was a pokémon on the second side that proposed the bet first. It's been forgotten who it was, in all the ruckus. But the bet was that they believed it was possible for an average pokémon to travel around all of Hoenn under one month (!)... and come back alive to tell the tale, and being a much stronger pokémon at that. The other side laughed. There was a reason that they were living here, in the calm forests of southern Hoenn, instead of in the raging desert in the north or the drenched rain forests to the east. But they would love to see pokémon try that quest... If they did come back, the laughing side promised to surrender to the Littleroot townsfolk and let them capture them all in tiny pokéballs. It wasn't as if the traveling pokémon would survive anyways.

You, yes, you. You are one of the pokémon who agree on taking on this peculiar quest. You believe, in one way or another, that even the smallest pokémon can do anything if they try hard enough. You may go alone, or with a friend (making 2 characters). You may have other reasons or even strange reasons for making this journey, but you do want to make it. If nothing else, just to see those stupid other pokémon get locked up by humans in pokéballs...

The route was decided beforehand by both sides, to make sure it was a reasonable thing. Flying pokémon were given the task to travel to special places and make sure that all pokémon visited those areas and didn't cheat:

Path Of The Bet
Spoiler:

Map
Spoiler:

Rules

- I will be playing, but I am still the GM and Diamond1304 is the co-GM. We can change the weather and make up events or anything really. Our word is law, for this to work.

- The routes look like in the games and have the same wild pokémon, nothing special, but be creative and descriptive and make up adventures! You can have foreign pokémon pop up as well, as long as it's fitting.

- Every route takes about a day to get through, unless you're stuck in complications somewhere... Route 111 and Route 119 takes 2 days to get through.

- Night falls on a regular basis, obviously. You need to find food and places to rest and sleep!

- Trainers are abundant! You are bound to run into different kinds of them on almost every route. Most will want to capture you, but maybe some are nicer?

- The RP is rated K+. Definitely.

- Make it hilarious! It's optional, of course... but it's much more fun with peculiar, strange or otherwise unusual characters.

- You may make two characters, if you want to. But you may also have only one.

- If you want to play around in this li'l creation o' mine, please do sign up. We'll accept the characters we think are interesting enough.

- You can use all the attacks the pokémon can learn by leveling up and, let's say, two extra moves of your choice, being either Egg/TM/HM/Tutor...

Name:
Pokémon Species: (any basic or baby pokémon. That means Pikachu and Pichu are both ok, but not Raichu. And no legendaries because they are meh)

Any special appearance: (small pieces of clothing/accessories is more ok than super strange coloring )

Personality: (detailed if you can :D )

History: (doesn't have to be detailed at all, really)

I'll stop accepting characters when I feel we have enough.
HAVE FUn.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Just bumping this with my own SU~!

Name: Riesel
Pokémon Species: Cyndaquil
Extra moves: Nature Power, Dig

Any special appearance: Looks like the normal Cyndaquil, except that he tends to stand on two legs more often than on four and he most often has a facial expression that lets others know that he loves himself better than most other people. He also carries a small bag around that he found after a human had lost it in the forest. It's where he carries around and collects his berries. The bag hangs on the side of his body, in a rope woven by vines across his chest and shoulder. He burned up the original band and several new ones, before he learned how to carry around the bag properly without burning it up when using the fire on his back to attack.

Personality: Riesel is somewhat eccentric. He tends to talk a lot when he sees something he deems beautiful and that can easily get tiresome to listen to. Despite that, he has got some good friends in the forest to whom he'd even trust his berries if he had to. Ah, the berries, yes. Riesel collects them. He is what you might call a berry nerd. He knows about every kind o berry there is... but only around Littleroot. He knows that there must be lots of other berries growing in the more exotic parts of the region, and he can't wait to collect 'em all! He carefully chops them, squash them into juice or roasts them in his fire to make nice food for himself and other pokémon.

He loves himself, there's no other way to put it. That doesn't mean that he doesn't like others as well. He cares about his friends, but to him berries are friends as well (even though he eats them up) and sometimes he's split between tending to the plants behind his nest and spending time with his "real" friends. He has powerful fire attacks and he is quite speedy, able to sneak around opponents when he has to. But he isn't very strong physically, and one of his common tactics is to Dig a hole in the ground to escape dangerous opponents. He also knows a strange move called Nature Power, that he somehow learned when he was in a dangerous situation once. He might use it as a last resort when his fire can't do any good, or when there's an apparent need for something unexpected.

History: Riesel hasn't lived in the Littleroot forests for all his life. He was born to a Quilava in the mountains around route 113, but got captured by a trainer as a young cub. The trainer taught him how to battle and tried to get him to evolve. Riesel didn't see the need to evolve, and the insensitive trainer soon dumped him in Littleroot due to this. Alone, Riesel soon found other pokémon there and did his best to become an adult quickly. His love for berries was something he mainly got from his mother, having heard her talk about all the berry trees in the east when he was a cub, and he carried this onwards by becoming the berry nerd he is today. And he's proud of it. The need for him to be something in this new forest was somehow what made him rather self-loving.

When this bet came up, Riesel was one of the big arguers on the side that thought it was possible. He had already traveled from the north, though most of that was within a pokéball. The pokémon who believed differently, some being his close friends, told him that he only managed that because he was a trainer's pokémon and that he would never survive alone. He would prove them differently. He vowed to travel the set path and collect every kind of berry he'd see and then plant it behind his nest in the Littleroot forests. He would have a whole garden of berry trees! And he'd grow stronger as well. He'd show them the magnificence of Riesel the berry master!

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Reserve me here. :) Looks good and I got room for one more anyway. :cer_boogie: LOVE the Shuppet.

Name: Deka
Pokémon Species: Shuppet
Extra moves: Thunderbolt & Dark Pulse

Any special appearance: Unlike other Shuppet, Deka has no three sections of colors in her oval shaped eye, but two. It's a dazzling color of snow white, the outermost layer the same dark shade of blue. Another little difference would be her skin tone. It's not the ordinary bluish-grey tone it should have, but bluish-purple. You can barely notice it, yet when she's in the shadows, she completely camouflages thanks to this.
Spoiler:

Personality: Now, Deka is a very curious Shuppet indeed. She loves to joke around, and isn't afraid to talk or socialize. However, she isn't outgoing either. Getting too much attention can scare her a bit, which sounds odd, but it's true. She loves to interact with the world around her, and she gets bored pretty easily. She's capable of believing myths and such, since even her family carry some horrible myths passed down among Banettes and Shuppets. Deka doesn't believe in reasoning, not knowing why people need a reason to do anything. Instead, she makes decisions based on her curiosity and feelings, and sometimes on guts. Even though she may seem a bit childish and cruel from her never-ending jokes, she does have feelings and cares about those she loves. When it comes to them, she usually places their life and needs over her own.

When tired, she stops joking and shows her warm side. She's very docile, obedient, and quite one to charm. She likes to please others, and loves it when people spoil or compliment her. Deka is very random, able to be quiet one second and burst out laughing the next. She's the type to work and play at the same time, never wanting to do anything boring. She is also too curious. If a bush were to shake, she investigates. If a door says "Warning, do not enter", she enters anyway out of curiosity what would be so dangerous. Unlike her friends, she's not afraid to take risks and is such a daredevil.

History: Littleroot Town wasn't where she was born, but rather Mt. Pyre. Her mother was the only taking care of her, never told by anyone of what happened to her father. Supposedly, it was a Gengar, yet she has her doubts. Their life in Mt. Pyre was pleasant, with daily pranks on humans her friends and her relatives would make on humans there. However, everything changed when her mother was captured by a trainer. She knew her mother hated humans, and thus started to grow vengeance for them. Instead of staying where she was, she eventually tracked down the human with her mother and clinged to him.

All was well until he reached Littleroot Town, where he realized the Shuppet was spying on him. He tried capturing her, yet Deka wouldn't give up and instead played with the human. She was succeeding, yet she was suddenly knocked out by the trainer's Jolteon. Her pride was tainted black, her hope lost as she watched her mother drift away from her. She was then found by the local pokemon of Littleroot Forest, taking care of her. Once she was better, she decided to stay in the small forest and made her home there. She hasn't made any friends, but is quite popular due to being the prankster and having to see a ghost pokemon, which wasn't common in Littleroot Forest.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Working on my SU as we speak~ :3

Name: Ashley
Pokémon Species: Sneasel
Extra moves: Ice Punch, Double Team

Any special appearance: Ashley has a pink body, with a golden yellow ear. She has golden yellow eyes, which is complete with a red boww that her former trainer put on her.
Spoiler:

Personality: Ashley is pretty Bashful, Quirky, and sort of a tomboy...or tompokemon. First of all, she loves to be called the so-called leader, even though she has no sense of direction and purpose. I tell you -- her left is other's right. Ashley is also pretty sarcastic around her friends, when it comes to her mood of joking around with them. Ashley also has a habit of giving nicknames to other pokemon, and things that she sees along her travels. Most of the time, other than the pokemon she knows too well, she likes to call everyone "LIl'Caterpies'.

She also has a big eccentric side to her as well. When it comes to nature, that is. You could say that she's a "Nature Maniac", or just a Natural born tree hugger. She loves to climb trees, and loves to swim in water. All the while, she warns people not to step on any ants, or, not to scratch up or damage the trees. "The consequences shall be dire!" she would say. She gets excited whenever she comes to an area of nature she has not visited yet, looking at all the trees, the grass, and the plants that she stumbles upon. Ashley loves flowers; most of the time, you would see her picking up at least one flower per trip. As an added incentive, Ashley loves to dance, and catch food for all the pokemon that needs it. However, her..."leadership" isn't exactly fair when it comes to food proportions.

History: Ashley was actually born in Mt.Silver in the Johto region, where she was caught by a trainer there. Throughout the time with the trainer, she would battle, yet, lost more battles than she won. So therefore, when the trainer was in the Hoenn Region, she was abandoned near littleroot forest. There, Ashley spent all her time at that forest, looking at the leaves of trees, and the berries that grow in the bushes. There, she realized that nature is grand, and that it was fascinating to watch and observe. So, she made a point in life to learn everything about nature, to a point on where she becomes craziest about everything nature related she sees.

Then, she heard about the bet. She though, hey, it's possible! I, Ashley, the number one Sneasel leader in the world shall defeat all the others to gain victory! Also, it was an excellent opportunity to observe all nature-related things that she would see as well. So, that is who she accepted the bet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Why do I feel like the same people are joining my RPs? xD <33

I'll look at SUs that are finished and accept then if they are nice.

Also, Shawn, would you mind changing your character's name? Because my character is named Riesel and that sounds very similar to Rachel :3 I'm just... iffy about that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
sounds wonderful :3

So, you guys wanna know each other, and me, beforehand (at least shallowly) and set off together as a team? PMD yay lol

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Spoiler:

Name: Snyder
Pokémon Species: Zubat
Extra moves: Zen Headbutt and Double Team

Any special appearance:
Look at the picture of magical wonders... Just minus the tattoo thingy.

Personality:

Snyder loves to "sing". Is she any good? Nope, she sounds like someone dragging nails against a chalk board. Because of this, many get their eardrums damaged. Does she care? Nope. Why? She likes seeing others in pain because of what she calls her beautiful singing voice. Because of this, her life is pretty much a musical. She's singing almost all the time and she is flailing about in the sky constantly.

Unlike most of her kind she is a very chipper and happy to the point where many swear that she must be on some kind of sugar rush. Zubats, are usually highly depressing and talk about death and failure, while she fantasizes about her future. She dreams of being famous (for causing pain or just being famous, even she doesn't know) and being the mate of a certain Crobat who could care less about love and reproduction. When she laughs, she laughs very strangely and has the tendency to hit whoever is nearby with her wings.

She doesn't have many friends because most find her singing annoying and find her strange because of her happy and chipper demeanor. Snyder, in retaliation, created imaginary friends and "talks" *cough* sings *cough* to them constantly, which not only annoys the residents even more, she gets to see them in pain when their eardrums blow. Through this, it is evident that she is very sassy.

History:

She was born in a cave. She never liked the cave because it was dark and lonely because no one would talk to her. In response she began singing to make herself happy. One day she was caught by a trainer who wanted a Crobat and decided to catch a Zubat to train and evolve into a Crobat.

Guess who didn't like the trainer?

While she was being owned by the trainer, her only form of amusement was to see him in pain when she sang. Guess where her love of seeing others in pain when they hear her singing voice comes from? Eventually, the trainer found it bad for his health to keep her and released her in the forest of Littleroot.

During the whole argument she was just singing about, which agitated many of the pokemon and escalated the argument into a full on fight. She is very supportive of the bet because she wants to become famous and hopes that she'll be strong enough for that Crobat who caught her eyes, who again, could care less about love and reporduction.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
O hay am I allowed to reserve here? This sounds cute and fun and I really do wanna get back into forum RPing again... ^^;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Snowy - I love your character xD But she'll have to be a Zubat, since I don't want you to have evolved pokémon at the start. This is only so that you can evolve later on because evolution is soooo excitinG!

@ Roswell - of course :3 glad to have you~

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Finally finished it. This is my first time making a character who was very outgoing, the rest are quiet, shy, or dark and sinister. :cer_shifty: Decided to make a change and made an jokester Shuppet.

Update: Good idea bout the teaming each other up. Sounds exciting. Would love to try it. :3

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I have finished the SU. :D Now every character that joins will be deafened by her singing voice.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Name: Meredy
Pokémon Species: Feebas Yes I'm dead serious about this.
Extra moves: Dragon Pulse & Rain Dance

Any special appearance:
Spr_5b_349_s.png

...Plus he has a Blue Scarf around where his neck would probably be.

Personality: Ever since he was born, Meredy has been as curious as curious can be, and is never afraid to ask even the most random of questions in any situation (think Question Duck random). However, he's also oblivious to the negative reactions of those around him, and so even if a Gyarados is outraged at him for asking such ridiculous questions or doing peculiar things to satisfy his curiousity, Meredy just won't notice. It takes a beating for him to realize his curiosity is unwanted, and even then he'll just go somewhere else. He even takes his curiosity to extreme levels: If Meredy ever decided to question how a Wailord's spout works, he would go inside its mouth. Nothing like this has happened yet, fortunately.

In addition to having a curiosity level of 9999, Meredy is a bit of a rebellious Feebas, though he doesn't consider himself to be a rebel. See, he finds it hard asking Water Pokemon or Pokemon that live by water bodies to satisfy his curiosity completely, and so he travels on land by means of Flail, Splash, or Dragon Pulse. And when he's in need of water, he simply flails up a storm with his Rain Dance. He'll then take the time to rest (not the move, just, well, sleep live every normal living thing) and thus replenish his health and power. One can say Meredy is very resourceful, though he does what he does by instinct.

Meredy doesn't really have any likes or dislikes. If anything, one could say he's in love with his curiosity, but that's just his default nature. However, Meredy would probably kill himself if his Blue Scarf were taken. Yes, he's that attached to it. He knows it has nothing to do with evolving (never mind that that's how it works in the PMD games); rather, it holds a lot of meaning to him. He also seems more unlikely to interact with the "stoic" types--that is, Pokemon who are quiet by nature and thus seldom speak. After all, he probably wouldn't be able to get answers from them, right?

History: Unbeknownst to him, Meredy has quite an interesting family: His mother was naturally a Milotic named Mami, and his father was a Ludicolo named Samba. According to his mother she bred with his father because of his "unique" personality. They were also both raised by a trainer who loved Water types, but eventually ditched both of Meredy's parents when he couldn't figure out how to evolve them (a shame that said trainer was still very young and very new to Pokemon). The two then decided to travel together, as they only knew each other. At first, it was unknown as to how Mami would be able to get around without water. Fortunately, though, Samba realized he could get water on the lilypad on his head and Mami could sit in that. The plan was put and motion and the two were finally able to set off on their journey! Both eventually evolved: Mami ate berries that were said to make Pokemon more "beautiful", and Samba came across a Water Stone by chance. This led to the two falling in love with one another and breeding.

Meredy and many other little Feebas were the result. They were born on Route 119, where Feebas can only be caught.

Now, Meredy, being a different color from his siblings, was considered special. Mami decided to give him the Blue Scarf she had received from the trainer who abandoned him (Arceus knows how he [the trainer] got that scarf in the first place) in hopes that one day he too would be as beautiful as her. Meredy has since treasured this item and has yet to take it off.

One day, as Meredy was swimming by a waterfall, a trainer came along and happened to spot him. Well, anyone knows what happens if someone comes across a "shiny" Pokemon. Meredy soon found himself face-to-face with a whopper of a Sceptile. But before he was struck, Mami and Samba appeared to protect him. Meredy managed to get away to the trainer's dismay. However, there were still two fully evolved--and powerful--Pokemon right in front of him. Meredy watched as his parents were surrounded by a bright light, only to vanish a few seconds after. He then heard what sounded like a "click", and that was the last he ever saw of Mami and Samba.

Though his parents were now gone, Meredy still carried on with his life. But he began to remember the Sceptile and how agile it was on land. What if he could be just like it? Meredy recalled that Mami told him how he had a powerful move at his disposal, one called "Dragon Pulse". After multiple attempts he successfully fired one into the water and found himself flying high in the sky. Moments later Meredy was on land. That's when he realized he couldn't swim. He began panicking, flailing rather violently. It then took him a few minutes to realize he could move on land by flailing. It also came to mind that he could Dragon Pulse his way around, too.

Many Pokemon, both land-and-water-dwelling, told Meredy he couldn't make it on land. But Meredy never gave up hope. He eventually found his way to Littleroot Town, where he soon heard of the bet. Because this bet involved going through a desert, Meredy's curiosity was piqued and so he accepted the challenge. Of course, the Pokemon who didn't know him laughed their heads off, but Meredy insisted he could do it. And he wasn't about to prove them wrong.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Otherworld9) - Nice! Then at least Riesel and Deka can team up :3 I LOVE THAT SPINNING SPRITE. So, I assume you're done with your SU? It's at least good enough to be accepted ^^

@ First Snow - yeah, good, you're accepted as well :3 Haha I've got a feeling that Riesel is really going to dislike Snyder...

@ Roswell - omg you're gonna travel around Hoenn as a fish?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Shawn - I feel Ashley is quite alike Riesel in some ways ^^ Please let them meet or travel together often! xD Accepted.

(btw Katharina is your best creation ever. The first pages of Foreigners... it's epic.)

NEVRMIND (if you saw this post before the last edit). Shuppet is flying too...

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
@ Otherworld9) - Nice! Then at least Riesel and Deka can team up :3 I LOVE THAT SPINNING SPRITE. So, I assume you're done with your SU? It's at least good enough to be accepted ^^

@ First Snow - yeah, good, you're accepted as well :3 Haha I've got a feeling that Riesel is really going to dislike Snyder...

@ Roswell - omg you're gonna travel around Hoenn as a fish?

Good enough? Yup. It's finished. I love the spinning sprite too, and they can team up for now on. :cer_boogie:

@ Roswell: Love the Feebas! :cer_giggle: At least when you evolve, people will adore you. :3

Oh and about Snyder....I had an 8th grade male teacher named Mister Snyder....just hilarious how you chose that name since Female Sneasel Snyder is the opposite of Male 8th grade History teacher Mr. Snyder...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You who have flying pokémon (or levitating, Shuppet counts), I was originally planning for this RP to not have flying pokémon taking on the bet, as they are free to fly pretty quickly across Hoenn anyways... so if you are going to play as Shuppet and Zubat, you'll have to tone down that and make them move about as slowly as the walking pokémon. Deal?

I'm so messy >.<

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
You who have flying pokémon (or levitating, Shuppet counts), I was originally planning for this RP to not have flying pokémon taking on the bet, as they are free to fly pretty quickly across Hoenn anyways... so if you are going to play as Shuppet and Zubat, you'll have to tone down that and make them move about as slowly as the walking pokémon. Deal?

I'm so messy >.<

Deal. It wouldn't be fun anyways if they did just fly it all the way. Deka will be so curious she would probably be behind. :cer_giggle:

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Good enough? Yup. It's finished. I love the spinning sprite too, and they can team up for now on. :cer_boogie:

@ Roswell: Love the Feebas! :cer_giggle: At least when you evolve, people will adore you. :3

Oh and about Snyder....I had an 8th grade male teacher named Mister Snyder....just hilarious how you chose that name since Female Sneasel Snyder is the opposite of Male 8th grade History teacher Mr. Snyder...

Synder is a Zubat, not a Sneasel. XD

Back