• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solum [T/M] [Non-Pokemon]

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
Solum

PLOT

Somewhere in the Yukon Territory of Canada, there is a clearing in a wooded area. One particular tree so perfectly hides a small hatch. Underneath this heavily sealed blockade lies a system of corridors and lobbies. Down several stairs and elevator rides, past even more sealed doors and walls, deep, deep, down below, you find it: Solum City. An underground town, created in the hopes that if the outside world were to perish from war and famine, mankind would live on. A project completely funded by the billionaire entrepreneur, Johnathan Grant. The first residents were brought in as infants and raised by special caretakers. Thus, the citizens of Solum knew nothing of the outside world. To them, all that existed was their town and what was explained to them as "The Far Off".

The City was completed in 1952, after 9 years of solid construction. 2500 residents spread out over approximately 6 square miles beneath the earth's surface. A few reports sprung up here and there about the strange amount of building being done in the Yukon, but most of the time people were easily bribed not to investigate. Thus, the world simply never knew what had happened. Besides, who would've believed that a single man had enough money to build a bomb shelter the size of a city? So, that was that and the city thrived fairly well. People in it were happy and lived the life that the city's late creator had dreamt of. In the year 2014 however, something is amuck. Strange radio signals and large amounts of electromagnetic distortion have been found around the area. The Canadian Secret Intelligence Service (or CSIS) has taken notice and has sent special investigators to locate the source of this interference. On top of this, several hikers and even crytographers have visited the area to try and understand what the distortions mean and how they are affecting the local area. This is where you come in. Can you discover the city's location, and discover what secrets lie beneath the earth?

RULES

1. You may curse, but do not focus on "Adult" themes. By that I mean, the word that sounds like 6.

2. No God RPing. This is kind of a given, but I thought I should put it out there. If you have an idea of how to get out of a situation, say that you start to attempt it, and I will decide whether or not it actually works.

3. If you become inactive I will come up with a way that your character dies. This will be quite entertaining for me, so it's a win/win if you either stay or leave.

4. This is a Non Pokemon RP. I tried doing a Pokemon RP with a similar theme, and it went kaput very quickly. So instead of Pokemon, you all get special equipment that you can try to use at different points of the story.

5. Stay away from the Spores

6. If I find your writing abilities inadequate, I will not accept you. Don't worry, as long as you don't type you as u, and you can form a complete sentence, we should get along swimmingly.

CHARACTERS

FIGURES OF SOLUM
People relating to Solum

Johnathan Grant - ChrisTom

Johnathan Grant was a slender and fairly fit man. Well toned, tall, and beaming with charisma. With his suave haircut and great smile, he could woo over near anyone. These features allowed him to climb to the top of the corporate ladder by his early 30s. He owned stock in a variety of metals and consumer goods. Before Radium was declared not fit for consumption, he was able to top it's market and play off of it's failure by selling neon in it's place before other competitors. His biggest markets were infrastructure and technology, and it was this that also allowed him to build his city. After seeing the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings of 1943, he was confident that the world would soon perish due to the foolishness of mankind. He blamed globalization, and believed the world would be better off without so many people fighting over so many things. So he gave up his luxurious life in hopes that one day people would think of him as a savior. A bit narcissistic, but ultimately he wants to do what is best. Died 1971, but you'll see/hear alot of him

Henry - ChrisTom

???

Blanche - ChrisTom

???

MEMBERS OF CSIS
Their mission is to find or decrypt the source of the signals. They rather dislike the large amount of tourists that have been drawn here.

Members of the CSIS have on person: Smartphone, Flashlight, Mace, Small Quantities of C4, Gun (Specifically a USP with 18 rounds)

HIKERS
Mostly just wanted to come for the breathtaking forests, but are also curious of the happenings of the local area.

Hikers have on person: Map, Water, Trail Mix, Pocket Knife, Bug Spray, Compass, Lighter

CRYPTOGRAPHERS
Those who wish to personally decrypt the signals. They're usually seen with laptops and radios, writing down whatever words they think they have made out.

Cryptographers have on person: Laptop, Smartphone, Radio, Pencil/Paper

PHOTOGRAPHERS
UrbEx fans who've heard a bit about some sort of abandoned bunker near here, and all they want is to get a good shot of whatever is in it.

Photographers have on person: Camera (Long/Short Lenses), Phone, Pocket Knife, Collapsable Tripod

All associations have Backpacks, with the exception of the CSIS. Other Characters will be added here as more people apply. Positions are still open!

Application Form

Name: (Your Name)

Gender: (I'd like to personally apologize to anyone with Gender Dysphoria)

Appearance: (Make this good people. I'd like to see something unique. You never see fat people in RPs, do you?)

Personality: (This will probably intertwine with history, but it's nice to have anyways)

History: (Where are they from? How did they get here?)

Association: (CSIS, Hiker, Cryptographer, or Photographer. No, you can't live in Solum.)

Thank you for your time and I hope we have fun!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Last edited:
Back