• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkness Rises Again: A HP RP

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Darkness Rises Again
A Harry Potter RP by TFW

Link to the Main Thread is here.

Intro:

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmistress: Miri Shacklebolt (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear (your name),
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.
Yours sincerely,
Eurydice Abercrombie, Deputy Headmistress"

First years, whether Muggle-born or Wizard-born, receive this letter every year, giving them the permission to join Hogwarts School. Most are always overjoyed, nervous, etc. Yet this year, both students, old or new, will start to see the world for what it can be...

Plot:

It has been nearly 50 years since the final defeat of Lord Voldemort and everything has seemed to be peaceful since than. Many of the Death Eaters had been convicted, families had been restored, and friendships were forged.

It is known that other Dark Wizards have attempted to reach a height of power, yet they had all failed due to the work of Aurors and other wizards. Lately, it seems that the Dark Arts had started to get stronger. More and more Wizard and Muggle deaths have been confirmed with no one knowing anything about the possible murderers. Aurors think it to be an underground ring Wizards that are growing in power.

The Aurors are only partly right... In reality, this "ring" is already an army, formed in honor of the times under Lord Voldemort's power.The Dark Wizard in charge of this army is obviously unknown, though it is likely that he/she is either a descendant of someone who partook in one or both of the previous Wizarding Wars or they themselves had participated in them.

Setting:

The year is 2047, a rough 50 years after the the end of the Second Wizarding War. As said before, it has been mainly peaceful. No electronics work in the Magical World, though with the power of a wand, who needs electricity? This RP will be based in many of the favorite Harry Potter locations, such as Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, parts of London, etc. (Some locations will be based on characters included such as, the Burrow, Godric's Hollow, etc.

You:

Your character (possibly characters) will be a student at Hogwarts during this time, eventually possibly becoming an Auror or teacher. Your will be in either support of what the Dark Army is doing or against it. This choice will help distinguish your character in the future.

(Besides the Standard Roles you will receive, I may ask some RPers to take main control over a Teacher, Auror, Dark Army Recruit, etc.)

Rules:

1: Okay, the most obvious rule is to stay active. RP's die because of inactivity and I don't want it to happen to my first one. If you will be gone for a period of time, please PM me and I'll look into seeing who can control your character during this period.

2: No godmodding. If you're character is a first year, they won't know how to exactly form a Patronus, have the elder wand, or be able to do an Unforgivable Curse. Also no bunnying without permission.

3: Keep some level of reality during this RP. You're not going to be able to do some stuff right away, Also be literate. No one is interested in an RP with one-liners, txt language, etc. Be Descriptive!

4: Listen to me, people I may appoint to help me with GMing, and the mods. Breaking rules is only fun in real life. :P To make sure you read the rules, I'd like you to put an underlined, bolded, "Wizards are Cool" somewhere in your SU.

5: Have fun and be kind to others. No one likes a big fat arse.

6: This Rp is rated R16 due to the fact that there will eventually be Relationships between characters, the violence in the RP (With minimal gore), and minor language.

Notes and stuff: (just stuff you'll need unless you already know it all)

The list of spells/ Harry Potter wikia.
Wand Cores
Wand wood, style, stength, more cores
List of Potions
HPL: Bestiary A good place for magical creatures.
Another good list of beasts

And finally the SU:

Spoiler:

Chapters:

Chapter 1

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Chapter 1: Time to Join in on the Action

Chapter 1: Time to Join in on the Action

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
REQUIREMENTS
Spoiler:

You find these requirements along with your acceptance letter. Realizing this is your list of supplies you show it to your parents. Those with Wizard parents are happy to take you to the number one place in London for these objects. Diagon Alley. Those with Muggle parents, however, must rely on the Wizard who arrived with the letter. This is how your new school year will start and you all are excited!

Those who already are alright fliers are amazed that the rule has been lifted for them and most parents off a new one for their acceptance, though those who are already rich may not need it...

You soon head out to Diagon Alley in any ways possible ready for the tasks ahead. With the recent out break of Dark Magic, there are Aurors spread about the place, all hoping to protect the citizens. As well as this, most of the stores have been passed on to the owner's descendants, though a few are still owned by their original owners. These are the people who were spectacular wizards, although they now quite old. Ollivander's happens to be one of these places.

Objectives

Describe how you got to Diagon Alley

Okay, this is self explanatory. How did you get there? Floo Powder? London Streets? Some super fascinating way? Describe it, add to the feel of it!

Get your items

Again, obvious. You can't go to school without your supplies. Describe the shops as you see it. Also, don't forget to use the characters from someone before your post. If someone before you had someone named Bob running the Leaky Cauldron and in the next post have somebody named Bill run it!

Meet people, explore, and introduce yourselves

Obvious once again! This is where you'll be able to spend your times for a couple of posts and you need to know your surroundings and get some possible friends for school. It's no fun if you have no friends after all. (Well, unless you're very antisocial...) Also, if you don't know your way around, talking to another person's character could easily solve that.

NOW, CHAPTER 1 STARTS!!

Whistle A Tune

Keep breathing
Years
"The irony to performing magic is that it's a very logical process. It's a combination of correct pronunciation and inflection and proper wandwork. See, take my apple." Bridget, Lucy's older sister, held up in her fingertips a bright yellow apple. The sisters were in the Winfield's brick kitchen, waiting to depart for Diagon Alley with the rest of the family. Three owls from Hogwarts had arrived the day before yesterday, containing a supply list for a sixth, third and first year, as well as an acceptance letter for a first year, who would be Lucy.

In Bridget's other hand was her wand, and she pointed it at the apple.
"A concise flourish at the same time as the incantation, and I'll make it swell. Ready?" Lucy rolled her eyes. Her sister was clearly trying to show off with the full knowledge that Lucy had no wand yet to perform any such magic. Bridget beamed.

"Engorgio!" She did just as she had explained, and the apple grew in her palm so that her fingers were completely outstretched in order to grasp it.

"That was pathetic," a deep voice taunted from the hallway, and into the kitchen entered the girls' older half-brother, Teddy. A cocky grin was painted over his handsome 16-year old face, and again Lucy rolled her eyes. This was quite frustrating. Teddy continued in a gloating tone, "Check this out. Engorgio!" His wand movement mirrored Bridget's, and the apple in her hand rapidly expanded so that the 13-year old dropped the fruit, which still grew as it fell to the wooden floor. Now larger than a basketball, it awkardly rolled until it bumped into the counter with a thud.

"Enough horseplay," a booming voice ordered. Lucy's parents entered the room, her father dressed in black formal robes with a top-hat, impressing the fact that he was a significant Ministry official. The older kids stowed away their wands.

Her mother snatched a cloth bag from a cupboard and moved to the fireplace.

"All ready then?" she asked in hasty tone, inferring that everyone had better be ready.

Teddy glanced around before piping up, "What, you're all coming? Just for her first year? I didn't get to flaunt a posse my first year, did you Bridg?"

"Dangerous days are upon us," Lucy's father interjected through his teeth. "Now let's go!"

"Please," Lucy muttered under her breath. She had been quite eager to finally obtain her own means of magic...controlled magic anyway, and the fact that her siblings' taunting displays of magic had delayed her, even if only slightly, made the girl clench her teeth to keep from exploding.

One by one the family members stepped into the fireplace with a handful of Floo powder and shouted "Diagon Alley". The licking flames would burst emerald green and the sense of swirling and spinning followed. Lucy was quite familiar with this process and had even used to it to travel to Diagon Alley several times. Still, the violent rotation, however short it was, left her dizzy and disoriented as she exited out the other side.

A brisk wind battered Lucy's fair cheeks as she stepped out of the fireplace designated for the Floo network and onto the stone street. Once the wind had halted, a sudden scent of sugar- chocolately and fruity- wafted over the area. The family had come out right next to Sugarplum's Sweets Shop, which appealed to none of them.

"I've already stopped at Gringott's this week, so which store first?" Mr. Winfield questioned, gesturing to the papers in his wife's hands.

"Say, can I get my list and some galleons?" Teddy asked hastily, his eyes locked elsewhere. Lucy followed his gaze up the winding street to two girls surely his age accompanied by a stout woman in bright purple robes, all outside of Scribbulus Writing Instruments, consulting their school lists.

"Oh, is that Mrs. Specklet, Teddy?" Mrs. Winfield inquired eagerly of the woman in purple robes. All of the kids interpeted this expertly- she wanted to go with him. "I really can't pass up an opporunity to catch the hot gossip with her." Teddy's good-looking features were grave, but knowing that his father was in a security-first mood, he seemed to accept the price for flirting with his gal-pals and nodded.

"Let's all meet outside Gringott's in...two hours?" she suggested to the others as Teddy practically skipped off towards his friends. Lucy's father opened his mouth but her mother cut him off.
"There's Aurors everywhere, we'll be safe. Take care of my girls, and see you in two hours!" And Mrs. Winfield followed after Teddy down the stone winding street.

"So much for Teddy's posse," Lucy commented sourly.

"Yeah, and did you hear mother? Gossip, as if. She's just going to boast to that plum of a Specklet, and boast about us!" Bridget exclaimed, a grin on her face as she shook her blonde head.

"Well, let's be honest, we are extremely boastable," Lucy responded with a cocky shrug. "And even more so when the world discovers my prodigous magical talents, so...Ollivander's first, dad?" Her father's stern features cracked into a smile.

"Fine, we'll get the wand first. But we're all staying together, alright?"

And so the trio walked southward, towards the windowed walls that flank the front door of Ollivander's.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Diagon Alley
Chapter 1

"… Davran, you know Mem has a weak stomach; can't you guys take one of those Muggle plane thingies?"

"Bye mom-"

That was the last Mehmet heard of his mother. His father was still in the privy when Davran, his older brother, decided he didn't have the patience for long-winded farewells and pulled him off to the backyard to Apparate. He didn't even get to say bye to his mother, he realized, remembering his brother's last words.

Davran said bye, took Mehmet's hand and next thing the ten year old knew, the colors swirled violently and melded into one. Then the light was gone and there was only darkness, darkness and that horrible pressure on his chest and his body, but especially his chest, he hadn't even been able to breathe! After that, Mehmet found himself retching his breakfast into a trashcan.

"So much for menemen." His brother said in a disdainful tone, although Mehmet knew it was only his brother's, umm, unique, sense of humor.

Mehmet spit the last of the throw up and wiped his mouth with his sleeve. Then he almost retched again after looking at the green mess in the trashcan, but he was able to keep it down.

"Alright, let's go." His brother said as he walked away, not waiting for Mehmet to reply. "You still got your books on you, right Mem?" He asked the wind, seemingly. Mem was the pet name Mehmet's mom referred to him by, he didn't necessarily dislike it, but he didn't like it when his brother used it. Unfortunately, Davran knew.

"Yeah." Mehmet answered in his usual quiet tone. He switched his bag off to one shoulder and looked at his supply list. Most of the book names were already crossed off, Davran had kept all of his books from Hogwarts and passed them on to Mehmet, except for One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi and Magical Drafts and Potions, which were completely worn out by the time Davran was done with them. Those had been his favorite classes. "There's only those two we need to get… and the clothing"

Mehmet's mom had almost forced Mehmet to use his brother's old robes, but his brother had been taller and lankier at the time, and it was Davran himself who disregarded that possibility. "Mehmet is a Sahin of the Akkadians." He said full of pride as he always did. "He'll go to Hogwarts with new robes even if I have to pay for them." In the end, he would have to pay for them, which reminded Mehmet that his older bro really did like him, so he kept walking.

Shopping for robes was nothing if not tedious, and Mehmet didn't know what to think of the old man taking his measurements at Twilfitt and Tatting's, but he put up with it. After only a couple more stops, at Flourish and Blotts and Potage's Cauldron Shop, he had officially crossed out everything in his list.

"Where are we going now?" He asked his brother enthusiastically as he struggled to keep up with him.

"Gringotts"

"Awww…" Mehmet hated banks. Actually he hated everything he considered boring, and he supposed going to the bank applied just as much as buying robes did. "Can we stop there?" He asked pointing at a random sweets shop.

"No."

"How about there?" He asked, now pointing at Ollivander's.

His brother sighed, or maybe it was a groan? "You already have a wand, remember?" He paused for a second, and then his nationalism took over. "A Turkish wand no less, with a Basilisk Fang core… Mr. Ollivander doesn't even sell those. None of his wands are apt for the likes of us."

"But there's kids." Mehmet whined. "And they're my age, they're probably going to Hogwarts too!"

"Then meet them there."

After a couple tens of yards walked in silence, Mehmet spoke up again. "I heard they lifted the ban on broomsticks."

"So they said."

Mehmet gulped. "I want to buy one."

Davran gave his brother a queer look and then said: "Broomsticks are uncomfortable and expensive." He let the thought sit for a bit, before going on: "It is preposterous that in this day and age the Magical Ministry still plots to keep Flying Carpets illegal; Muggle artifacts my arse! Those pigs act as if they were unaware that Muggles also use brooms for sweeping floors!"

Understanding that for an end to the conversation, Mehmet almost became quiet then, but then he noticed Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and gasped. "Please, can we go there?" He demanded before his brother crouched down to his level and gave him a firm but controlled slap.

"I said we're going to Gringotts, and you're listening to me unless you don't want to take that monkey of yours to Hogwarts." His tone of voice was composed, and his didn't look angry, but Mehmet knew not to provoke his brother when he got those eyes…

"Where's Maymun?" He asked as tears welled up in his eyes.

"In my apartment, and he'll stay there unless you do as you are told, got it Mem?" Mehmet nodded; he really didn't like to be called Mem though.

Upon entering Gringotts, Mehmet almost completely forgot the fuss with his brother outside, and was immediately intrigued by the pointy-nosed Goblins in charge of the bank. His brother led him to one of them by the hand and cleared his throat, prompting the Goblin to look towards them.

"Name?" He asked in his rough yet squeaky Goblin voice.

"Davran Sahin. I'm here to open an account for my brother, Mehmet Sahin."

The Goblin looked over from his brother to Mehmet with its cold eyes, clacking his pointy teeth. "Are you the kid's legal guardian?" He asked without shifting his gaze away from Mehmet.

"I am." His brother answered. "Our parents live overseas."

"I see." The Goblin grabbed his quill and began scribbling on a piece of parchment. "Please sign here and have your brother sign there; as his legal guardian, we'll inform you of all of your brother's withdrawals and send his account statements to you instead."

Davran signed first and gave the parchment to Mehmet who signed as well. He then made a withdrawal and received a decently sized pouch that he attached to a belt under his robe and then placed it in an inside pocket of said robe. "Let's go." He told his brother as he walked away on his brisk, long strides.

"Where are we going?" Mehmet asked as he went into a jog to catch up with his brother.

"Quality Quidditch Supplies… I'm getting you a broomstick…"

((OOC: Well, as I mentioned in the SU, Mehmet (and Davran too, actually) are characters that I used on different RPs before.
Davran is actually an Auror (which explains his ability to Apparate intercontinentally), and if you can guess what House he used to be in you get a cookie! :P
I could post a bit more about Mehmet's older brother in the OOC, if you'd like to be more familiar with him…
By the way, menemen is a pretty delicious-looking traditional Turkish omelette, apparently; it looks good, so it became Mehmet's favorite breakfast xD))​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
"Mum I'm ready to go!" Adria smiled and yelled running down the steps her platinum blonde hair up in pigtails. She had dressed casually today choosing to wear her favorite pair of jeans and a dark blue t-shirt that had a leopard pattern with the saying "A leopard never changes its spots" written on it. As she reached the living room Adria spotted her mother waiting by the fireplace.

"alright dear, we're taking the floo to Diagon Alley today, now before we go lets make sure we know what you need to get" Mrs. Penrose said pulling the list from her pocket and looking at it "hmmm lets see, well your father got all of your books yesterday on his way home from work. I'm sending you with my old Cauldron, crystal phials, and brass scale so today we need to get you your robes, protective gloves, your wand, a telescope and would you like a broomstick dear the ban was lifted"

Adria smiled and shook her head "no thanks Mum, you know I don't like flying" she said before looking at the fireplace "can we go now?" she asked excitedly.

Mrs. Penrose chuckled at her daughter and gave her a handful of floo powder. "Just step in and throw the powder down, say Diagon Alley as clearly as you can"

"Yes Mum" Adria said stepping into the fireplace; she took a deep breath and threw the powder down saying as clear as she could "Diagon Alley" the flames turned green. She was used to Floo powder but still ended up being Dizzy as she exited on the other side and waited for her mum.

It was no less than a minute later that Mrs. Penrose appeared and with a simple spell cleaned the soot off them and took her hand "Olivander's first dear" she said as they walked down the street.

"Yes Mum" Adria said excitedly as they neared the shop she saw another family. A man, a thirteen year old blonde and a girl with brown hair that looked to be around her age.

"oh she looks to be around your age dear, why don't you go say hello. It could be good for you to make a friend before going to Hogwarts" Mrs. Penrose said ushering her daughter forward.

Adria glanced back at her mum but walked over to the girl and her family "H-Hello, I'm A-Adria" she spoke shyly looking at her feet. In no way was she used to talking to other children so she was feeling very shy and nervous "A-Are you starting Hogwarts this year?"

Years
Today was a big day for Tobias. After taking the Floo network to France, his father had taken him to a store called "Hornsby and DuFresne's Arcane Emporium". It was there that Toby obtained his wand, a short but thick piece of wood, and he hadn't stopped looking at it since. He was now experiencing a different type of magic: public transportation. A double-decker bus was slowly winding it's way through London, taking Toby and his father to The Leaky Cauldron. Mr. DuFresne checks his list again, making sure he has the directions right. Toby glances up at him, tapping his leg to get his attention. "Is ev'rythin' alright, Da?" His father smiles sheepishly, glancing at the paper. "Just fine, son. It 'as been a while, is all. I do not quite remember ze way."

They soon arrive at the pub, Mr. DuFresne nodding amiably at the patrons who look at him. The pair head towards the back alley, Mr. DuFresne checking the list again. "Let me see... I must tap here... here... and here. And voila, ze portal opens!" Toby stares in wonder as the brick wall transforms into an archway, revealing a bustling street behind it. Even his father is a bit impressed, smiling as he grabs Toby's hand. "Allons-y, Tobias." They head down the street, headed toward a tall marble building, the great bank known as Gringotts.

Inside, they head over to a goblin at the ****er, who looks up boredly as they approach. "Welcome to Gringotts, how may we assist you?" "Bon jour, my name is Jean-Pierre DuFresne. I wish to make a withdrawal from my safe deposit box." "One moment, sir." The goblin hops down, disappearing below the counter. The jingling of keys can be heard, and the goblin reappears, leading the two to a side room. They walk down a long tunnel, lined with cardboard boxes, each one a four-foot cube. They find one labled "DuFresne, Jean-Pierre", which the goblin pulls from the shelf. He also grabs a meter-tall wooden ladder, handing it to Mr. DuFresne. "Here you are, sir. I shall remain close by for security reasons." Mr. DuFresne nods, opening the cardboard box. He places the ladder inside, hooking it to the edge, which seems incredibly resistant to crushing or tearing. The ladder extends down, stretching to twenty feet long until it reaches the bottom of the box. "Well, son? Impressed?" Toby nods, awe-struck. "It's... smaller on the outside!" The goblin tilts his head, unused to hearing it the other way around.

Mr. DuFresne climbs inside the deposit box, descending the ladder quickly. "Wait 'ere, Tobias. I shall return with ze money to purchase your school supplies." Toby nods, peering into the cardboard box. It is filled with several other boxes, of various types, with a few tables and even a few chairs in it. Toby also notices a life-sized piggy bank sitting on a table, with his name printed on a business card in front of it. "Excuse me, Mr. Goblin?" "The name is Steven, and how may I help you?" "Steven? Okay... Uh, wha's that pig doin' with mah name on it?" "That is a fund set up in your name. A system has been set up to deposit a percentage of money in that fund monthly. I believe you will be able to seperate it and draw from it..." Steven stops, searching through his encyclopedic memory. "...On your fifteenth birthday." Toby nods, thinking. His father begins climbing the ladder again, so Toby steps back. "Well, son, I think this should be enough. I grabbed some extra, just in case." Mr. DuFresne climbs out of the box, as Steven steps forward to grab the ladder. It returns to its previous size, and he hangs it back on the wall. He puts the deposit box back on the shelf, then escorts the DuFresnes out of the corridor. "Thank you for your patronage. Enjoy the remainder of your time." With that, he returns to his station.

"Where to now, Da?" "Well, ze first items on ze list are your robes and other wizarding accoutrement, so we go to Madame Malkin's. Which is apparently over there. Allons-y." "Right. Allons-y." They head down the alley to the local clothing store.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Chapter 1
Time to Take Flight to Diagon Alley

John Elliot sighed anxiously as he stared at his house as his parents and older sister were preparing to leave. He, however, was ready. He had just recently received his letter of acceptance from Hogwarts, the number one Wizarding school in England.

His sister had been there for four years now and was a Gryffindor there, Gryffindor being one of the school houses, though John thought she should be in Ravenclaw being as she constantly acted like a know it all. He too though, was hoping to be in the same exact house because his many family members and heroes had also been in the same house. It seems only fitting, he thought to himself as he waited.

Within seconds, his sister walked out of the house, her broomstick, an old Firebolt,in hand. "How long have you been waiting?" She asked him as she put on her flying gloves. Rosa, that's his sister, was apart of the Gryffindor Quidditch team as a beater as well as the newly-appointed team captain.

"Long enough to feel drowsy," he said, raising his hand. In place of it was a small pillow that he had been laying on. At his side was his broomstick, his sister's even older Cleansweep Eleven, lying on a post beside him.

"Haha," she said sarcastically. "Put your hand back to normal before Mum yells at us for doing a meta-morphing match again." The two siblings were both carriers of the metamorphmagus trait, something they got from their Grandfather, though it skipped their mother. "Speaking of which, Mum and Dad will be out in a bit so hold your horses."

John smirked, returning his hand to normal before looking back at the house to find Nymphadora and Timothy Elliot stepping outside. His parents were both splendid Aurors and the way they walked showed it.

"A little change of plans kids," Dora started, "the Ministry ordered us to keep watch over their building." She handed her children each a bag of money. "Here's your money so please don't spend it all on sweets and each of you trade in those brooms when you get there."

John stared at his sister before his dad began to speak. "You will trade those in and use some of the extra money in your bags for it," he said. "And please make sure we can afford it. I'm about to cast a disillusionment charm on you two and to get rid of it just say, DISMISS!" His father had said the last word as if it was a spell, while in reality it kinda was.

The two kids nodded and then watched as their expert of a dad performed the spell to the point that them and their brooms became invisible except for a small amount of shimmering.

The two groups gave their farewells and their "I love yous" quickly before departing. Their parents Apparated and they mounted their brooms as they took off.

John stared at the ground as he flew over mid London. He may be invisible but he could see everything. The Muggle cars, people that looked like ants, and in the distance, The Leaky Cauldron, the secret entrance to Diagon Alley. The one thing he couldn't see though, was his sister. With Rosa having a Firebolt, even though it was the first of it's kind, she was way faster than John's Cleansweep. For all he knew, she could be about to push him off, somewhere next to him, or already at the Leaky Cauldron. He kinda hoped the latter.

Going low, John swerved over cars, under some bridges, and traveling around the buildings. To him, it was all exhilarating.

Unfortunately, the fun was short lived as the the Leaky Cauldron was only a block away. "Oh bother," he said to himself, slowing down his broom. After getting off he walked inside to see his sister sitting on a nearby table.

"DISMISS!" He said, breaking the charm and showing himself. His sister jumped and turned red, making her ears steam like a teapot.

"You don't need to be a jerk," she said, returning to normal. "Now come on, we might as well stop at the Quidditch Supplies shop first. It's the closest and we can browse for awhile."

John nodded and led his sister out the door to the Diagon Alley entrance. He had his sister perform the code and followed her in.

The place was bustling with activity and even though John had been there a million times, he was still amazed. Walking behind his sister even farther, he spotted a Turkish boy jogging after some who seemed they could be a relative of him, who also seemed to be heading to the same store. John looked at the boy closer and thought he was about the same age. "Time to make some friends," he said aloud as he too rushed to get to the store.

Whistle A Tune

Keep breathing
Years
The street was completely lined with shops that displayed their products in big front windows and dainty stands whose inventories were hung from the stand or sorted on its counter, mostly. As the three Winfield's approached Ollivanders, a man taller and stronger than Lucy's father, which is really saying something, stepped forward from the sidewalk and immediately he and Lucy's father began chatting. The man was an Auror, Lucy could tell. While his left hand gestured along with his speech, his right was locked in his pocket, surely gripping a wand, and a scar decorated his forehead. The girls stepped out of reach. The excitement of finally getting a wand was once again subdued, and Lucy grumpily crossed her arms over her chest, staring up the street. It was then that she noticed a girl stumbling towards them, directly towards them.

Immediately Lucy had to give this girl props. Clearly still young, she couldn't surpass 4 and a half feet, there was no way. In contrast, Lucy was an inch short of the average adult male's height and her older sister wasn't too far behind. Not to mention they were accompanied by not one but now two intimidating, grown wizards. And still forward the girl pressed on, Lucy's brown eyes locked on her. Upon reaching the two, she stuttered:

"H-hi, I'm Adria." Adria was avoiding either of their gazes, yet Lucy still noticed that her eyes were a very unusual...yellow color. The girl continued on: "A-are you starting Hogwarts this year?"

So Adria wasn't quite as confident Lucy had first percieved, yet she had still approached them, and that took audacity. Perhaps a Gryffindor was in their midst.

Lucy opened her mouth to reply, but Bridget beat her to it:

"Nice to meet you Adria! I'm actually going into my third year at Hogwarts- go Ravenclaws!- but my sister here's going to be a first year." Bridget nodded towards Lucy, evidently switching the spotlight. Lucy thought her sister had been acting far warmer than usual and didn't inherit such a tone.

"Yeah...hi. I'm Lucy Winfield... You must be starting at Hogwarts too then, Adria?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Chapter 1

James Cole arrived in Diagon Alley by floo powder. His mother and father were already there, waiting for him to arrive. Also with them was the family servants, one by the name of...well, James actually never knew what his name was, but called him Chives, to which he would have always corrected James with his real name. Of course, James would forget the next day, so he grudgingly assumed the alias Chives around him. The other was named Matilda something-or-other. Again, James didn't really care.

He had finally been accepted into Hogwarts. He had dreamed about going to the school for years, and with the day finally arriving, he was here, in Diagon Alley, getting his school supplies. He was actually very excited, but decided not to act like a child and start running around the place like the others. Instead, he kept a cool head.

Upon arrival, James noticed many different buildings and shops, all of which had crowds of people in them. He also took note of Aurors around. They were subtle, but they were there. James had been hearing of tales of rather nasty things occurring. The rumors, it seems, were true. James' father began to speak.

"Now James, your mother and I have some business to attend to. The servants will escort you to buy all of your school requirements."

"Alright, father." James said. James' father put a hand on his shoulder, his mother gave him a goodbye kiss, and then they were off. James took another look at the list of requirements for Hogwarts. Many were things he really didn't care for buying. He mentally groaned, before turning to Matilda and Chives.

"Matilda, how about you get all of the boring stuff, and I'll get the special items."

Matilda nodded, and walked off without a word. Chives remained close to James, and spoke.

"I shall, if I may, accompany you then, Master Cole." Chives said.

"If you must..." James said, not taking his eyes off of the list. There were only a handful of things he really wanted to get himself: a wand, a pet, and a broomstick. He would leave Matilda with getting everything else for him. The first item on his list to get, then, was a wand. So off to Ollivanders James went, followed closely by Chives. People were already heading in. James noticed two girls in particular chatting in front of there. One was quite tall, standing quite a bit taller than James, while the other was with blonde hair and shorter. For some strange reason, James automatically disliked the shorter one, who appeared to be shy and timid. James hated that. To him, if you didn't speak properly and loudly, you really should speak at all.

He brushed past both of them without a word, avoiding contact with them as he walked towards the entrance of Ollivanders.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Chapter 1

"Ian........Ian.......Ian!" The boy's mother shouted calling out to her son who was distracted by the broomsticks in the Quidditch store. "Please boy don't get distracted and wonder off like that again we have much to do we only have half of your supply list done!" She added as she then turned around and started walking toward Olivander's.

Ian had arrived in Diagon Alley quite early in the morning by floo powder. They had arrived later than they expected because one of Ian's siblings, one of his older brother's, Ulrick had said Diapon Lilly instead of Diagon Alley and he was a third year. They had to wait for Ian's father, Will, to go get him. As they waited Ian began discussing about what kind of pet he wanted to bring with him, he knew what kind of pets they had in Diagon Alley and he wasn't interested in any of them. His mother, Lara, decided to get him a pet ferret which Ian named Garren.

"Ah Quidditch it's been such a long time since I last played that game," Ian's father said as he placed a hand on Ian's shoulder and crouched down to his son's level."See when I went to Hogwarts I played Quidditch myself for Gryffindor and I wasn't to shabby at it either," Will said for a smile as he noticed some other children around Ian's age going into the store. Both young boys around Ian's age probably one with dirty blonde hair and the other with black curly hair.

"Tell you what kido we'll go in there and get you the best broomstick available if you promise me you'll do your best to make it in your house's team alright?" His father added as he put out his hand for Ian to shake on it. The white haired boy quickly to his father's hand and shook it happy to make the deal. Truth be told about Ian's father he used to be a very strict and unpleasant man until Ian started to get into magic. There was something about Ian that just made him happy, out of all his children Ian reminded him the most of himself. The two then walked into the store and Will told his son to look around while he went and got him the broomstick.

"Garren shush," Ian said to his sable coated ferret as it rested on his shoulder making little squeak noises. The white haired boy then noticed the other two boys but didn't say anything. He was very nervous around strangers and will only talk to them if talked to first. Ian then glanced out the window and saw his mother and his six other siblings walking about from one store the other buying supplies for the new school year. He honestly hoped one of the boys would talk to him but for now he would just look around.

(OOC: I hope Ian having a pet ferret would be fine if not I'll edit my post.)

RyanRoksXD

Pokemon Hunger Games Tribute
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Chapter One: Time to Take Flight to Diagon Alley

The cool misty morning made itself known in the Blake household as it usually did, the Atlantic Ocean only about a quarter of a mile away from his home in Ireland. Ryan rubbed his eyes, and threw his legs over the side of the bed. They barely reached the ground. He sighed.

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph will I ever grow?" He thought to himself. He pulled on a random V-Neck and some jeans. He hopped into the kitchen while putting on his shoes at the same time. If you were looking for a patient child, you would walk right past Ryan. He sat down at the table in the small living room. Every room was small. This house barely passed as a cottage, but he loved it and wouldn't have it any other way.

"Top o' the morning" His dad said, walking into the house. He had obviously been down at the ocean, he was dripping wet. He put his jacket on the floor

"Mornin Da'. Remember what we talked about! You take the jacket of OUTSIDE, and it dries! Now you just turned the floor into the river Shannon!" Ryan said chuckling.

"Just like your mum, I can see her in your face more and more every day" He smiled, and there was obvious pain in his eyes. He messed up Ryan's hair and then put some eggs in a skillet.

"Now today, son, is when you truly become a wizard! Your first trip to Diagon Alley!............... Now are you sure you don't want a Blake Family Leprechaun Core wand? Or a Veela core? I have some of your mums hair!"

"Da'! No! I want an Ollivanders wand, I want it to choose me!" Ryan said with determination.

"Alright" His dad said, defeated. He sat down at the table with the eggs that he had just cooked. Ryan had eaten cereal, so he went into his room and got his jacket, and his Hogwarts Acceptance Letter.

"Well, I think its time to climb into the pot!" His Dad said gathering up all of his things. "Now, I already got the galleons so when we get there we can go straight to all of the shops." Ryan's dad pulled out an old pot. This pot had been passed down from generation to generation. his, was a Leprechauns Pot of Gold......... only without the gold. It could transport you anywhere in the world, well except for Hogwarts grounds. His Dad preferred it more than apparation.

"Alright, lets go!" His dad climbed in and disappeared, and Ryan followed. He fell through darkness for what seemed like forever, and finally appeared on the other side, and as Ryan climbed out. He saw. Diagon Alley.

Back