• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's all get off our butts. [VOTING]

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • VOTING IS UP, LEAVE A COMMENT SAYING WHO YOU THINK WINS AND WHY!

Spoiler:

brane:

moments.:

Renyui!:

Last edited:

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Alright, I'll go with this :)

I was hoping for some larger dimensions because that's what I suck at but what the heck :D

I have absolutely no clue where that render is from.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Ok, nobody else joined, looks like it is just us three.

We have one week to make a tag using that render and post it here. If we all finish before the week is up, we'll open up voting earlier!

Good luck guys!

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Is it too late for me to enter?

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I might change it over the week, but I doubt it because my inspiration is lacking :(

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • God damn everything is just what. I'll probably edit this heavily later, but w/e

I cry at night because my dreams are made of these unfortunate coloooouuuurs

I CHANGED MY MIND ALSO THE RAMBLINGS WILL STOP I PROMISE

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • The voting period starts now! All the tags will be posted in the first post for easier comparison and whatnot. HOWEVER! You'll notice there isn't a poll, that's because to vote, you must post which tag you think wins with at least one reason.

So yeah, vote away, and best of luck! :D

brane:

moments.:

Renyui!:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • Vote: Brane

The design looks simplistic yet, it suites the image quite nicely. I also like the effects used on the image.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The way this stands, I wasn't a fan of any of the three in particular. I would never approach a render like that myself, much less throw it out for a battle. But we all know moments has got guts. I'd love moments' tag if he took out the render, but to be honest the two things don't go well, so in terms of composition it's weak. But seriously dude, take out that render and you've got a pretty cool piece.

Brane's is actually pretty cool, but pretty empty and I can see a lot less put into it compared to moments'. The face also has an annoying bit of texture over at it which takes away from the focal point.

Renyui's is the weakest. The abstract here doesn't bode well for me. Not a great use of the render. Though probably the most artistic, it does not really have the essence a tag should have, such as a focal point.

So for a pretty appealing background, moments gets my vote, not by much, brane's just actually lacks a background, it had potential however, and I think if it was more completed it would be the winner for me.

Years
  • I'd go with Brane's rendition of it, because I've always liked more simplistic designs, especially when it comes to things like banners like that. :)

Renyui! should have kept his original in! It was really nice! :o

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm gonna have to agree with Abnegation here, none of these particularly stand out to even my rusty eyes....

Brane's is the easiest on the eyes in my opinion, but I'm not a fan of the placement of the stock. It's just really.... low? Feels like it's just falling off of the canvas. The upward flow also seems a bit forced against the stock, so it's not really working for me.... (And the grainy stuff on his shoulder is an eyebrow raiser. Too sharp against the smoothness, imo.)

Renyui's is harshest on the eyes because of the colors and the graininess of the whole thing-- it looks like there's noise all over the green, which is really unappealing IMO. I do like how you worked with the stock to make it sharper, but at the same time, I'm not feeling the extension of the canvas on the right. It's not so much that I don't like the render in the middle, rather I love it there, but the space on the right just feels empty and unnecessary as it is now. (And I'm not feeling the red streaks either.)

Renyui's would've had my vote if it weren't so grainy in some places. If the blur was smoother, and the transition from the blurred aspects to the sharp ones in the middle were better executed, it would easily be my favorite. .... And maybe if the text was removed. I'm not sure I like that it's there, but not really at the same time....

Ultimately the best composition and work in my opinion was moments, so there's my vote.

Is graininess a new trend or something? I feel like I'm missing something. XD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Graininess is awesome. >:U

Anyways, the voting period is over, and looky looky, it's a draw!

brane: 2
    moments.: 2

Renyui!: 0

Thanks to everyone for voting, and special props to the amazing brane and Renyui for getting off their butts! I look forward to the next battle, hopefully we get a bit better turn out! ;)

Back