If an opponent's pokemon faints by a U-Turn attack, no experience is gained, and the pokemon sprite won't leave the scene until the next opponent's pokemon comes into play (when a sudden change happens).
Condition and effects: xScript --> $PokemonGlobal.lastbattle! =nil
It does not work well, acts as if it was the same battle that you had record before in the Tower Battles, but is not a video, you can choose that you order to give your pokemon. (FIGHT, RUN, BAG or RUN)
Your pokemon will miss almost all the attacks that you use in this battle. (The same thing happens with the Pokemon of the rival)
I don't know if I have explained well.
EDIT: I found other bug:
When you take part in the contest of the National Park, in the battle there goes out the menu "Pokemon" and "Ball" changed site.
If you choose the menu "Pokemon", the trainer throws the Sport Ball. If you choose "Ball", you enter to the menu of observing the Pokemon team.
So, I recently discovered Essentials and I'm loving it. However, a rather vexing bug showed up when I tried to create an event for a door transfer.
I wanted to have a door transfer the player to another spot, specifically inside a building. I had written the event correctly, double-checking my work and such. I save my progress and go to playtest the game. I then approached the door, to which the game performed the necessary movements and animations for entering the door, but once I got inside the building, it was black everywhere on the map and an error message popped up. (picture 1)
I've tried looking this error up online, but to no avail. Apparently, this is an unknown problem within the wiki. So, I went to do a third check on the event: nothing wrong there. Except, on page two, when I made the conditional branch for Event page 2, I noticed that it made another command branch of "else," implying that there could be another option for accessing this door. I looked up how to event doors entering on the wiki, but the wiki page for it never talked about an "else" branch. (picture 2)
Anyways, I'd like to know if there is an answer to this problem yet. The article response for the bug problem was last updated in November, 2011, so there might have been a fix or two in the nearly two years after its discovery.
Thanks for your time and patience.
EDIT: I tried to post links to the source threads, but this site does not allow users who have posted less than 15 times on the forums to post links. I'm a new member and I don't want to get banned for making 15 irrelevant spam posts to meet this criteria, so PM me on here if you would like to see my sources.
Right click the conditional branch on page 2 and untick the box at the bottom labelled:
"Set handling when conditions do not apply".
I'm not sure why this is causing a problem though.
Thanks for the expedient response. Unfortunately, I received another error message, this time it's different. (Pictured).
So, I then tried copying a door event that was still in the essentials tutorial, fixing where the door would lead the character to be where I wanted the character to go. Instead, I got the same error message.
Could the problem be my map? If so, how would I rectify this?
I recently saw that error message in a test game I made... It was because I didn't have a graphic in my graphics folder, maybe your error now is that you're missing a graphic that was originally there, but is not anymore.
So I figured I'd post this here because, while it is rather minor, it is still a bug. Also, I'm not entirely sure if this has been reported (and solved) earlier but my quick, pre-emptive search didn't turn up anything so I'm just assuming that it hasn't been.
Anyway, the bug I came across was that the game/kit was (seemingly) not storing or retrieving the base EXP values of opponent Pokemon. I did a long and thorough search (which took me through the compiler and that was fun) and found the source of the issue.
As it stands, the base EXP value is being stored across two bytes but the method baseEXP in PokemonBattle_Pokemon is only retrieving the first. So the base EXP for any given Pokemon can only be a value between 0 and 255. It was pretty easy to fix (after some searching anyway; I hadn't done a lot with bitwise operations prior to this) but I'll just include the code below:
I put some roamers in my game and decided to test them out. Upon encountering one, which was Entei, I thought it was fine. So I decided to try to find another one, this one was Raikou. Upon going to Raikou's area, I was greeted by an Entei instead. Since my game has modified scripts, I decided to test this with a clean copy of Essentials. I turned on the switch for Latias and Latios in the clean copy of Essentials. I went and encountered Latios. After that, I purposefully went to go find and encounter Latias. Latios came up where Latias was supposed to be! Next, I tried catching "Latios". I caught "Latios" and checked if I actually caught "Latios". It said I caught Latias!
So it's not just my game.
tl;dr Only one roamer can show up, and it will always take over a different roamer after seeing that one roamer!