Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old July 15th, 2012 (5:06 AM). Edited July 15th, 2012 by TACHAN.
TACHAN TACHAN is offline
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 198
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
    The sprites disappearing has never happened to me. What move/animation did you use, and have you mucked around with anything?
    Sand-Attack, Quick Attack and all those that I use.
    Sand-Attack's "sand" does not appear either.

    Is it possible that it is because I lack some file .dat? My game is advanced and I do not know if I would lose things if I take all the files .dat of the essential.

    Only I took the file EditorScript of the folder "Data". Other files are of the old version.

    There is some file .dat that it has got up-to-date and to put in my game to solve the problem of the animations?



    EDIT:

    Other bugs. It happens when I use Strenght from the menu of the pokemon.
    In addition in the Debug Mode I cannot use HMs interacting with the event.
    [QUOTE]---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    Exception: NoMethodError

    Message: undefined method `strengthUsed=' for #
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #202    
    Old July 15th, 2012 (8:05 AM).
    Rayd12smitty's Avatar
    Rayd12smitty Rayd12smitty is offline
    Shadow Maker
       
      Join Date: Dec 2011
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 647
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by TACHAN View Post
      Sand-Attack, Quick Attack and all those that I use.
      Sand-Attack's "sand" does not appear either.

      Is it possible that it is because I lack some file .dat? My game is advanced and I do not know if I would lose things if I take all the files .dat of the essential.

      Only I took the file EditorScript of the folder "Data". Other files are of the old version.

      There is some file .dat that it has got up-to-date and to put in my game to solve the problem of the animations?



      EDIT:

      Other bugs. It happens when I use Strenght from the menu of the pokemon.
      In addition in the Debug Mode I cannot use HMs interacting with the event.
      I have tested it from the current Essential without modifying.


      EDIT2:

      pbAddPokemonToParty don't works!! :\


      I can help with one of those. For the HMs in Debug mode, you have to hold down the "Control" key on your keyboard, or else they won't do anything
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #203    
      Old July 15th, 2012 (9:15 AM).
      Maruno's Avatar
      Maruno Maruno is offline
      Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: England
        Posts: 5,180
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TACHAN View Post
        Sand-Attack, Quick Attack and all those that I use.
        Sand-Attack's "sand" does not appear either.

        Is it possible that it is because I lack some file .dat? My game is advanced and I do not know if I would lose things if I take all the files .dat of the essential.

        Only I took the file EditorScript of the folder "Data". Other files are of the old version.

        There is some file .dat that it has got up-to-date and to put in my game to solve the problem of the animations?
        The data file PkmnAnimations.rxdata contains all the animations. You'll also need move2anim.dat as well, which matches moves to animations. I don't know whether this is your problem, though.

        Again, animations display properly in Essentials, and so if you're still having a problem with them, you should make your own thread (because it's something you've done that caused the problem, and this thread isn't meant for those kinds of problems).


        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TACHAN View Post
        Other bugs. It happens when I use Strenght from the menu of the pokemon.
        In addition in the Debug Mode I cannot use HMs interacting with the event.
        I have tested it from the current Essential without modifying.


        EDIT2:

        pbAddPokemonToParty don't works!! :\
        No one ever uses Strength from the party screen, which will be why that was never spotted before (it's always been broken), but I've fixed that anyway. I've also improved it so it can be used anywhere (from the party screen), not just while in front of boulders.

        I suppose it is a bit stupid that you can only use field moves in Debug mode if you hold Ctrl (when you normally couldn't). The reason I did was because one person complained it made their testing harder, although I don't know how. I'll change it back, unless I get a storm of protest.

        There's no such method as pbAddPokemonToParty. There's pbAddToParty, which works fine.
        __________________
        Go to the Pokémon Essentials Wiki

        | Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
        | All Animations Project |

        Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42


        Reply With Quote
          #204    
        Old July 15th, 2012 (10:53 AM). Edited July 15th, 2012 by Pokemon 3000.
        Pokemon 3000's Avatar
        Pokemon 3000 Pokemon 3000 is offline
        huh?
           
          Join Date: Sep 2005
          Location: Germany
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Rash
          Posts: 70
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by FL . View Post
          In some events scripts the Essentials change '$game_variables[64] == "Bizzar" ' to 'pbGet(64) == "Bizzar" '. Try this change.
          Before a number input try to make the variable that you will put the number equals a fixnumber,
          I've already tried to use pbGet() instead of $game_variables[], but nothin works... Well, as I sy, I will check the event. Maybe I've made a mistake.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pokemon 3000 View Post
          And some pokémon, that have a particular move, can not attack, eg. if they have the move "Punishment". There is more moves, that prevend pokemon to attack, but I don't know whichever.
          An another move that doesn't work is Camouflage.

          Edit: Shadow Punch doesn't work too. The Pokémon uses the move, but nothing happenes (Not even the message that it has failed).

          Edit 2: I used your corrected version of Punishment, but nothing changed. The pokémon can still not attack.
          Reply With Quote
            #205    
          Old July 15th, 2012 (11:10 AM).
          TACHAN TACHAN is offline
             
            Join Date: Jan 2010
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 198
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty
            I can help with one of those. For the HMs in Debug mode, you have to hold down the "Control" key on your keyboard, or else they won't do anything
            Thanks you!


            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
            The data file PkmnAnimations.rxdata contains all the animations. You'll also need move2anim.dat as well, which matches moves to animations. I don't know whether this is your problem, though.

            Again, animations display properly in Essentials, and so if you're still having a problem with them, you should make your own thread (because it's something you've done that caused the problem, and this thread isn't meant for those kinds of problems).
            Great! It was because of it. Already the animations work well.

            Thanks you! :D
            Reply With Quote
              #206    
            Old July 15th, 2012 (2:14 PM).
            AmethystRain's Avatar
            AmethystRain AmethystRain is offline
            pixie-powered judgment!
               
              Join Date: Apr 2012
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 245
              Gonna be retesting the whole of my game so far in the next few days, so chances are I'll find more than a few problems with the new stuff. c:

              Here's one to start off:
              Brick Break clears Reflect even if it isn't up.
              "Scraggy used Brick Break!
              The opposing team's Reflect wore off."
              Damage is dealt after that message.
              Happens every time.
              __________________
              i'm a lover before a fighter, but a killer before a kisser
              also i made reborn or something
              Reply With Quote
                #207    
              Old July 15th, 2012 (3:13 PM).
              Maruno's Avatar
              Maruno Maruno is offline
              Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: England
                Posts: 5,180
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Pokemon 3000 View Post
                An another move that doesn't work is Camouflage.

                Edit: Shadow Punch doesn't work too. The Pokémon uses the move, but nothing happenes (Not even the message that it has failed).

                Edit 2: I used your corrected version of Punishment, but nothing changed. The pokémon can still not attack.
                All three moves work properly. I don't know why they're not working for you, but it's not the fault of Essentials.


                Quote:
                Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
                Gonna be retesting the whole of my game so far in the next few days, so chances are I'll find more than a few problems with the new stuff. c:
                That's good to hear.
                __________________
                Go to the Pokémon Essentials Wiki

                | Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
                | All Animations Project |

                Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42


                Reply With Quote
                  #208    
                Old July 16th, 2012 (4:15 AM).
                Pokemon 3000's Avatar
                Pokemon 3000 Pokemon 3000 is offline
                huh?
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2005
                  Location: Germany
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Rash
                  Posts: 70
                  The bug only occurs during a trainer battle. Wild foe pokémon can use there move, but a trainer pokémon can not.

                  I tested it with a clean Pokémon Essentials version and get the same bug.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #209    
                  Old July 16th, 2012 (5:11 AM).
                  TACHAN TACHAN is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2010
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 198
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pokemon 3000 View Post
                    The bug only occurs during a trainer battle. Wild foe pokémon can use there move, but a trainer pokémon can not.

                    I tested it with a clean Pokémon Essentials version and get the same bug.
                    :\
                    I tested it in my game and in the clean essential. (versus wild foe pokemon and trainer battle)

                    The trainer/wild foe pokemon uses Shadow Punch and works well.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #210    
                    Old July 16th, 2012 (5:22 AM).
                    Maruno's Avatar
                    Maruno Maruno is offline
                    Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Location: England
                      Posts: 5,180
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Pokemon 3000 View Post
                      The bug only occurs during a trainer battle. Wild foe pokémon can use there move, but a trainer pokémon can not.

                      I tested it with a clean Pokémon Essentials version and get the same bug.
                      I just tested it, and trainer Pokémon can move just fine. If you can't provide better information (e.g. what moves/ability/item the trainer's Pokémon had), then I'll conclude this isn't a bug.
                      __________________
                      Go to the Pokémon Essentials Wiki

                      | Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
                      | All Animations Project |

                      Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42


                      Reply With Quote
                        #211    
                      Old July 16th, 2012 (6:03 AM).
                      Pokemon 3000's Avatar
                      Pokemon 3000 Pokemon 3000 is offline
                      huh?
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2005
                        Location: Germany
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Rash
                        Posts: 70
                        I testet it with diverse pokémon, most of them were pokémon of the 5th generation. But in the last test, I used a Arceus at level 1. The trainer was defined as follows:

                        Code:
                        #-------------------
                        HIKER
                        A
                        1
                        ARCEUS,1,,SEISMICTOSS,COSMICPOWER,NATURALGIFT,PUNISHMENT,,,,false,,,,,false
                        In my previous test, if I replace the Move Punishment with an another move (e.g Nasty Plot), the foe pokémon can attack.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #212    
                        Old July 16th, 2012 (7:11 AM).
                        Maruno's Avatar
                        Maruno Maruno is offline
                        Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2008
                          Location: England
                          Posts: 5,180
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Pokemon 3000 View Post
                          I testet it with diverse pokémon, most of them were pokémon of the 5th generation. But in the last test, I used a Arceus at level 1. The trainer was defined as follows:

                          Code:
                          #-------------------
                          HIKER
                          A
                          1
                          ARCEUS,1,,SEISMICTOSS,COSMICPOWER,NATURALGIFT,PUNISHMENT,,,,false,,,,,false
                          In my previous test, if I replace the Move Punishment with an another move (e.g Nasty Plot), the foe pokémon can attack.
                          Then surely you would say it's a problem with the move Punishment, not just "trainer Pokémon in general" as you stated?

                          Besides, just yesterday I posted a fix for Punishment. Try reading a bit before making inaccurate statements.
                          __________________
                          Go to the Pokémon Essentials Wiki

                          | Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
                          | All Animations Project |

                          Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42


                          Reply With Quote
                            #213    
                          Old July 16th, 2012 (9:23 AM).
                          TACHAN TACHAN is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2010
                            Gender: Female
                            Posts: 198
                            Bug:
                            Darmanitan with Zen Mode changes of form 3 or 4 times for turn when it has less than 50 % of HP.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #214    
                            Old July 16th, 2012 (9:58 AM).
                            Pokemon 3000's Avatar
                            Pokemon 3000 Pokemon 3000 is offline
                            huh?
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2005
                              Location: Germany
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Rash
                              Posts: 70
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
                              Then surely you would say it's a problem with the move Punishment, not just "trainer Pokémon in general" as you stated?
                              What I can definitely say is that in trainer battle (And only in trainer battle) the foe pokémon can't make any move if they knows the move "Punishment" or "Camouflage". If I replace Punishment/Camouflage with an another move, then they can attack, so I guess the problem is the move. But that's only my guess.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
                              Besides, just yesterday I posted a fix for Punishment. Try reading a bit before making inaccurate statements.
                              I don't blame you if you can't clearly understand my english, but I already wrote, that I have used your fix and the problem is still occuring.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Pokemon 3000 View Post
                              Edit 2: I used your corrected version of Punishment, but nothing changed. The pokémon can still not attack.
                              I can only say when the problem appears, not why. I'm just supposing that the move is the problem.

                              Edit:

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TACHAN View Post
                              Bug:
                              Darmanitan with Zen Mode changes of form 3 or 4 times for turn when it has less than 50 % of HP.
                              Same thing happenes to me.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #215    
                              Old July 16th, 2012 (11:06 AM).
                              Maruno's Avatar
                              Maruno Maruno is offline
                              Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2008
                                Location: England
                                Posts: 5,180
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Pokemon 3000 View Post
                                What I can definitely say is that in trainer battle (And only in trainer battle) the foe pokémon can't make any move if they knows the move "Punishment" or "Camouflage". If I replace Punishment/Camouflage with an another move, then they can attack, so I guess the problem is the move. But that's only my guess.


                                I don't blame you if you can't clearly understand my english, but I already wrote, that I have used your fix and the problem is still occuring.



                                I can only say when the problem appears, not why. I'm just supposing that the move is the problem.
                                Sorry, I see what you mean now. Punishment/Camouflage have problems with their AI, and do indeed bug things up as you described. Duly noted.

                                Thanks for sticking to your assertions; I would have just ignored it otherwise.



                                Once people have had the chance to go through all the effects, or when I've just had enough of the bug reports, I'll release a new version with all the fixes. I've fixed all the ones mentioned so far, but it's a hassle to explain them.
                                __________________
                                Go to the Pokémon Essentials Wiki

                                | Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
                                | All Animations Project |

                                Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42


                                Reply With Quote
                                  #216    
                                Old July 16th, 2012 (5:34 PM).
                                Nickalooose Nickalooose is offline
                                --------------------
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Posts: 1,309
                                  I've searched this thread and nothing came up, but, the Voltorb flip game and the slots are amazing haha... Getting Bulbasaur and PokéDex works, then I walked up to the double battle left of the red door and an error came:

                                  Exception: RuntimeError
                                  Message: Script error within event 13, map 25 (Test Map 2):
                                  Exception: NoMethodError
                                  Message: Section068:323:in `initialize'undefined method `itemRecycle=' for nil:NilClass
                                  ***Full script:
                                  pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)
                                  Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                  PokeBattle_Battle:322:in `each'
                                  PokeBattle_Battle:322:in `initialize'
                                  PokemonTrainers:369:in `new'
                                  PokemonTrainers:369:in `pbTrainerBattle'
                                  (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                  Interpreter:788:in `eval'
                                  Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                  Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
                                  Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

                                  Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                  Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
                                  Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
                                  Interpreter:193:in `update'
                                  Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                                  Interpreter:198:in `update'
                                  Scene_Map:103:in `update'
                                  Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
                                  Scene_Map:114:in `update'
                                  Scene_Map:68:in `main'

                                  I'm not sure if this has been sorted but I posted it anyways.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #217    
                                  Old July 16th, 2012 (6:30 PM).
                                  Rayd12smitty's Avatar
                                  Rayd12smitty Rayd12smitty is offline
                                  Shadow Maker
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2011
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 647
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
                                    I've searched this thread and nothing came up, but, the Voltorb flip game and the slots are amazing haha... Getting Bulbasaur and PokéDex works, then I walked up to the double battle left of the red door and an error came:

                                    Exception: RuntimeError
                                    Message: Script error within event 13, map 25 (Test Map 2):
                                    Exception: NoMethodError
                                    Message: Section068:323:in `initialize'undefined method `itemRecycle=' for nil:NilClass
                                    ***Full script:
                                    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)
                                    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:322:in `each'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:322:in `initialize'
                                    PokemonTrainers:369:in `new'
                                    PokemonTrainers:369:in `pbTrainerBattle'
                                    (eval)in `pbExecuteScript'
                                    Interpreter:788:in `eval'
                                    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                    Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
                                    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

                                    Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
                                    Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
                                    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
                                    Interpreter:193:in `update'
                                    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                                    Interpreter:198:in `update'
                                    Scene_Map:103:in `update'
                                    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
                                    Scene_Map:114:in `update'
                                    Scene_Map:68:in `main'

                                    I'm not sure if this has been sorted but I posted it anyways.
                                    This was reported. Maruno posted the fix a page or two back
                                    __________________
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #218    
                                    Old July 16th, 2012 (7:23 PM).
                                    AmethystRain's Avatar
                                    AmethystRain AmethystRain is offline
                                    pixie-powered judgment!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2012
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Posts: 245
                                      Okay, this is weird, and I regret to admit I was keying too quickly to be sure of exactly what message it started on, but:

                                      In a trainer battle, Scraggy vs Herdier (working with P-Sign's add-on, and some minor changes to pokemon.txt).
                                      Herdier uses Take Down, Scraggy uses Brick Break (which had the error I mentioned before but I don't know if that's related). Scraggy goes first on the next turn, uses Brick Break again, KOs Herdier.
                                      That's all normal. It asked if I wanted to switch, I said No to get Scraggy some more EXP. Enemy Growlithe came out, and then on the next turn I chose to switch in Dewott.
                                      Then this started happening:

                                      That's not the first message, like I said, I was clicking too fast, but it was probably when I switched Scraggy out or switch Dewott in that it started.
                                      Rest of the messages for the battle were like that too.

                                      However, the 'What will Dewott do?' text was normal.
                                      EndSpeech Trainer text suffered as well.
                                      Out of battle it's normal again...
                                      Next battle it was normal.
                                      Tried switching out Scraggy for Dewott at the start of the battle, it didn't reproduce.
                                      Declining the free switch and switching out after the first KO again also had no effect.
                                      I hope this can be reproduced somehow. o.o
                                      __________________
                                      i'm a lover before a fighter, but a killer before a kisser
                                      also i made reborn or something
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #219    
                                      Old July 16th, 2012 (8:51 PM).
                                      iLakerz iLakerz is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 22
                                        I'm not gaining any EXP when I'm using this version.... Is there anyway to fix this?
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #220    
                                        Old July 16th, 2012 (9:59 PM).
                                        DarkGrey's Avatar
                                        DarkGrey DarkGrey is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2011
                                          Gender: Female
                                          Posts: 47
                                          The Move relearner doesn't work on Test Map 2
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #221    
                                          Old July 17th, 2012 (3:17 AM). Edited July 17th, 2012 by TACHAN.
                                          TACHAN TACHAN is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2010
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Posts: 198
                                            Bug:
                                            Snow Warning is not OK. To the fifth turn it finishes the hail. It is supposed that it has to be infinite.

                                            I do not know if the same thing will happen with Drought, Sands Stream and Drizzle.

                                            EDIT:
                                            I have tested with Drought, Drizzle and Sands Stream, and work well. So only this happens with Snow Warning.

                                            EDIT2:
                                            Does Snow Warning's bug only happen if the trainer has an Abomasnow? If I use it it works well.
                                            I don't understand this.

                                            EDIT3: OK. When the user of Snow Warning is not in the field, on having spent 5 turns, the hail disappears.
                                            Also I have tested it with Drizzle, and the same thing happens.

                                            It should not happen.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #222    
                                            Old July 17th, 2012 (3:44 AM). Edited July 17th, 2012 by I-Like-Shiny-Pichu.
                                            I-Like-Shiny-Pichu's Avatar
                                            I-Like-Shiny-Pichu I-Like-Shiny-Pichu is offline
                                            ClariS <3
                                               
                                              Join Date: Mar 2010
                                              Location: ANIMULAND
                                              Age: 21
                                              Gender: Female
                                              Nature: Naughty
                                              Posts: 373
                                              When giving the player a Meloetta (And possibly other pokemon with formes) after the Pokédex has been received an error is displayed (I'll cause the error again in a sec so I can C+P what it says). This does not occur if the player receives a Meloetta before the Pokédex has been received (I am not sure if receiving a Meloetta before the Pokédex is received stops this error after the 'Dex has been received).

                                              Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm not great at explaining things. But you should be able to see what I mean if you give the player a Meloetta before and after getting the dex.

                                              Edit: I can confirm that if you get a Meloetta before the dex is received, the error no longer occurs. I can confirm that this doesn't happen upon the Meloetta being added to the party after receiving the dex...which is odd, cos that is when I thought it occured...the only other thing I can think of is a combo of dex + PC (I already tested no dex + pc and the error does not occur)
                                              Edit 2: Ok...this is bizarre, I can't seem to reproduce this error today. Last night it kept happening over and over...the only other thing I can think of is that I think I was on debug last night, and I'm on the regular game today
                                              Edit 3: Ok, I can't seem to replicate this again, I'm not sure what the problem was last night, but it's not happening today. Maybe someone else will experience this error and be able to give more detail so it can be fixed.
                                              __________________
                                              sukiyami.






                                              "I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #223    
                                              Old July 17th, 2012 (4:49 AM).
                                              TACHAN TACHAN is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jan 2010
                                                Gender: Female
                                                Posts: 198
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
                                                Then this started happening:


                                                The thing of the tiny letters happens to me also, in this scene of battle:

                                                *Double Battle*
                                                Electrode and Gengar vs Zoroark and Lapras

                                                Electrode used Explosion. Electrode fainted, Lapras fainted, It does not affect Gengar, Zoroark survives.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #224    
                                                Old July 17th, 2012 (5:11 AM).
                                                Maruno's Avatar
                                                Maruno Maruno is offline
                                                Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                                                  Location: England
                                                  Posts: 5,180
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by TACHAN View Post
                                                  Bug:
                                                  Snow Warning is not OK. To the fifth turn it finishes the hail. It is supposed that it has to be infinite.

                                                  I do not know if the same thing will happen with Drought, Sands Stream and Drizzle.

                                                  EDIT:
                                                  I have tested with Drought, Drizzle and Sands Stream, and work well. So only this happens with Snow Warning.

                                                  EDIT2:
                                                  Does Snow Warning's bug only happen if the trainer has an Abomasnow? If I use it it works well.
                                                  I don't understand this.

                                                  EDIT3: OK. When the user of Snow Warning is not in the field, on having spent 5 turns, the hail disappears.
                                                  Also I have tested it with Drizzle, and the same thing happens.

                                                  It should not happen.
                                                  According to this, ability-induced weather only persists for 5 rounds after the bearer leaves the battle. That's the only reference to this scenario that I can find, and nowhere is it stated that the weather lasts forever in such a situation.

                                                  As far as I'm concerned, weather works fine. It makes sense, too.
                                                  __________________
                                                  Go to the Pokémon Essentials Wiki

                                                  | Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
                                                  | All Animations Project |

                                                  Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42


                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #225    
                                                  Old July 17th, 2012 (6:02 AM).
                                                  FL's Avatar
                                                  FL FL is offline
                                                  Pokémon Island Creator
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Sep 2010
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Posts: 1,711
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by I-Like-Shiny-Pichu View Post
                                                    When giving the player a Meloetta (And possibly other pokemon with formes) after the Pokédex has been received an error is displayed (I'll cause the error again in a sec so I can C+P what it says). This does not occur if the player receives a Meloetta before the Pokédex has been received (I am not sure if receiving a Meloetta before the Pokédex is received stops this error after the 'Dex has been received).

                                                    Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm not great at explaining things. But you should be able to see what I mean if you give the player a Meloetta before and after getting the dex.

                                                    Edit: I can confirm that if you get a Meloetta before the dex is received, the error no longer occurs. I can confirm that this doesn't happen upon the Meloetta being added to the party after receiving the dex...which is odd, cos that is when I thought it occured...the only other thing I can think of is a combo of dex + PC (I already tested no dex + pc and the error does not occur)
                                                    Edit 2: Ok...this is bizarre, I can't seem to reproduce this error today. Last night it kept happening over and over...the only other thing I can think of is that I think I was on debug last night, and I'm on the regular game today
                                                    Edit 3: Ok, I can't seem to replicate this again, I'm not sure what the problem was last night, but it's not happening today. Maybe someone else will experience this error and be able to give more detail so it can be fixed.
                                                    Did you clear the savefile after you added the Meloetta?
                                                    __________________
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:30 AM.