• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Betrayal and The Hope of Arrid's Comet[T]

Years
The Great Betrayal and The Hope of Arrid's Comet

The lookout breathed a sigh of relief as the sun rose, turning the formerly pitch black night into a blue sky. Even though a tense night had gone through without any attacks on the safe haven, always a good thing considering that the more... Vicious Pokemon usually attacked at night, he couldn't help himself but look at the depressing sky. It was gloomy, yet cloudless, bright yet dull. The sky had always been like that ever since that horrible event. Even in the most sunny day he couldn't help but feel that a dark force always lingered everywhere, savoring every drop of the suffering humanity was inflicted with for the past 15 years, but never quite satisfied.

The lookout was convinced that something out there was behind what he thought as the slow and painful end of humanity. There was no way whatsoever that what happened 15 years ago was chance, or an accident of nature. He had heard of the almost unspeakable tales passerby or stragglers had told about what particularly evil Pokemon did to humans, alone or a group of them, and the lookout came to a conclusion that it was not possible for nature to raise something so vile. It shook him to the core. But even in the face of extinction, the forests and underground of Kanto had sheltered and provided for the remains of the region's population relatively well, and one could always find safety in numbers, could they not? Still, now mater how much food they had, or how safe the forest haven was, the atmosphere of doom and gloom never went away, not even for a little bit.

As the lookout was relieved and he entered the haven, an elderly person was telling a group of young children stories about the old world, about happier days and greener fields. Even though they differed in a lot of ways they tended of have the same big picture: Things weren't always like this. Pokemon and humans before that fateful day 15 years ago lived together in harmony, forming inseparable bonds(in fact, it was rare to see someone without a Pokemon companion, and they tended to be quite lonely). Then one day, a dark being spoke in the minds of Pokemon, promising them whatever they wanted if they would just do what it said. It enthralled the Pokemon, and they followed the voice's orders to betray humanity's trust towards them. And betray they did. Some Pokemon were able to resist the voice, standing to defend the ones they held dear, but they were dealt with, and people were forced to hide, only having other humans to rely on for survival and protection. People who were still around that fateful day called it The Great Betrayal, noting it happened on the same day as the Festival of Arceus, a yearly holiday that celebrated the relationship between humanity and Pokemon. But pining on old times doesn't solve anything, the lookout decided as he dreadfully left for his bed, good dreams a long gone memory nowadays, with nightmares the norm.

---

That night, you gather with everyone else to watch the passing of Arrid's Comet, a comet that passes earth only once every 38 Years. Everyone is chatting, smiling, and it looks like, for the first time in 15 years, there's going to be a happy moment in humanity's life. People are cheering as a person with a telescope looks up at the heavens and counts down to the comet's appearance. When it approaches zero there is not loud screaming and celebration, but a silent awe over the otherworldly beauty of Arrid's Comet, it's majestic twin tails lighting up the starry night sky and piercing the dull blackness to create a sight words cannot hope to convey. For that moment, everything is alright with the world.

Suddenly, to everyone's disbelief, Arrid's Comet violently changes path, downward towards the ground. The dark, depressing air returns, and people are driven awestruck at the emotional equivalent of a train wreck. suddenly the radios used for communications between safe havens spout an ear piercing static, then silence. After a brief moment, sounds come from it. The audio is to be frank, nothing like you've ever heard of. It speaks in a tongue no one can recognize, shouting wildly, giving an appearance of desperation and need. People turn wide-eyed in absolute amazement at the sounds. They grow more panicked as the comet plummets closer and closer towards the ground, and when Arrid's Comet finally does touchdown nearby northwest, static.

Your intuition tells you that call, whatever it was, had to have come from Arrid's Comet. If someone doesn't respond to it, the violent Pokemon will, and goodness knows what they will do to it. What do you do?

--

Well, I hope that opener did a good job of setting the tone and painting the picture of this RP. So, to recap, this RP takes place in a world where Pokemon have turned hostile towards humans during the Festival of Arceus 15 years ago. Ever since then humanity has gone into hiding, whether it be in forests, the ruins of cities, islands, etc. Friendly Pokemon are still around, but almost nonexistent, and so people have to rely on other people to make it though the day. Attempts to fight back have so far done little, so people have crafted hidden hideaways and havens to wait out the rest of their days. You in particular have resided in a safe haven with a good sized group of people just southwest of Cerulean City, in Kanto. The megnificent beauty of Arrid's Comet was a source of hope when it appeared in the night sky, but the radio call coinciding with the plummet appeared to be cries for help. Something has got to be there...

So, you're going to do something about the comet?

Well, if you do, then just fill out this form so I can know you better. can't guide strangers, can I?

Spoiler:

Also, before we begin, a few basic rules:

1. Normal PC rules apply.
2. No godmodding, obviously.
3. This RP is rated T. Keep it in mind, please.
4. Please stay active. if you can't manage say, a 2 paragraph post every day, tell me and I'll see if I can do something about it. I will remind you if inactive.
5. As part of the setting, Pokemon are, as a rule, violent and hateful towards humans. No one can figure out why, though that hasn't stopped people(maybe even you) from trying to find out. However, friendly Pokemon do exist. As a GM however, I can say with confidence you will have a Pokemon only under very unusual terms.(You must write a separate form for it)
6. I am always open to new ideas.

Last but not least, Have fun. If you have any problems, critiques and such, feel free to talk to me.

With that in mind, I hope you enjoy!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I wasn't sure if it's okay for him to be a mechanic or not so tell me if I need to change it up.

Name: Jason Gyes

Appearance: Jason is a white male that is 5'9". Due to his job as a vehicle mechanic Jason has a strong upper body and a flat stomach. He has blond hair which he will usually comb, blue eyes, and sports a goatee on his chin. While working Jason will wear a pair of blue overalls and a white shirt along with steel toed boots. He will usually dress in a pair of jeans with a red short sleeved shirt as his casual apparel.

Backstory: Jason was only a small child when the The Great Betrayal happened and cannot really remember any of the events around that time. The only childhood memories he can recall are of living in the haven. Throughout his childhood Jason was repeatedly told by his parents to never wander outside of the sanctuary and to occupy the time his father taught him how to fix the few remaining vehicles that the humans still had. Jason had a natural fixation toward machines and by the time he had turned 12 he could name every single part of an car and even know how to repair a broken engine. Even though Jason and the other kids were being taught by a few remaning teachers Jason quit his schooling when he was 14 and instead focused all his time on learning his father's trade since his father asked him how his schooling would help him survive in the outside world.

When he turned 17 Jason started heading out with raiding parties to scavenge items from the city in the middle of the night to find supplies such as medicine to bring back to the haven. Being a mechanic, Jason came along to make sure that the cars wouldn't break down or stall on them. At 19 years of age Jason started dating Claudia Glemens and after three years has decided to pop the question on the night that Arrid's Comet passes through the sky.

Personality: Jason tends to be calm and collected in most situations. Whenever he is working on vehicles he will drift into his own little world and tends not to focus on anything around him, often causing the supervisor in charge of the vehicles to punch him in the sholder to get his attention. Around girls Jason tends to be shy and whenever someone happens to mention Claudia's name he tends to turn red in the face and excuse himself. The only times Jason will get angry is if someone purposely damages one the vehicles or uses big words with him that he can't understand.

Since Jason has never befriended a pokemon he views the creatures as evil and malevolant, wanting nothing more than to destroy every human they come across and will have no qualms about fighting back. Jason often finds the stories that the adults tell the kids to be amusing. Humans and pokemon living togther? Like that could ever happen! Even though many of the adults have proof such as pokedexes Jason continues to reject the notion that those bloodthirsty creatures were even friendly at one point.

Jason's wish is to cleanse the world of pokemon and have humankind rise up and reclaim their position as the leaders of the world.

RP Sample: Jason gritted his teeth as he tightened the bolt. He beamed the flashlight on the various parts he hadn't yet gotten to when he felt something push against his leg. "Hey Jason, you done down there yet?"

Jason grumbled, "Go away Richard, like I said I'll finish up the inspection in the morning."

"Well, you could do that I suppose, or you could propose like you told me you would..."

Jason gasped and slid out from under the car and scrambled up, "Did I miss it!?"

Richard chuckled, "Nope, but you will if you continue to obsess over this instead of your sweetheart. Now wash yourself up, it's a good few minutes away so you better hurry up."

Jason ran over to the sink and washed off all of the grease on his face and groaned, "I can't propose to her dressed in this!"

Richard just smiled, "Let me tell you something about women Jason. They remember the moment, not what their man was wearing. Do it just as the comet passes and she won't be complaining. Now go!"

Jason ran until he was near the crowd and quickly checked his upper pocket for the ring box his father had given him. Taking a few moments to steady himself he looked through the crowd and spotted Claudia. "Claudia!"

The brown haired maiden looked at him just as the moon's light caught in her perfect brown eyes. She waved at him and pushed through the crowd. "Hey there Jason, I was wondering when you would show up."

Jason led the way through the crowd and to a part of the haven where the two could still see the comet but where it wasn't too close to the crowd either. "Claudia we've known each other for a good three years now." Claudia smiled and nodded, "I still remember that face you had when you asked me out." Jason chuckled, "I remember you didn't laugh. What I'm saying is that we've had a long time to get to know each other and..." The crowd had gone silent, looking back Jason saw the comet in the sky, it was now or never. "...Claudia Glemens..." He fell onto one knee. Grabbing the ring box out of his pocket he opened it and offered it to his girl, "...Will you marry me?"

Everything about the scene seemed perfect, the way the light shined, the way he had proposed. Everything was perfect. "Oh Jason, I..." Perhaps it had been too good to be true as static suddenly eminated from the radio. Turning back Jason saw the comet heading straight down! The radio began to emite voices, clearly in distress, and then silence. Slowly walking forward with Claudia, Jason saw the comet hit the ground.

Years
Greiger, you are accepted. A mechanic is actually quite useful in a situation like this.

Genevieve, I can reserve a spot for you. Write your SU at your leisure, no worries.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Finished

Name: Ginevra Dawson

Appearance: Ginevra is small for her age only standing at 4'9. She has a small slim figure but despite that she has a little upper body strength. Her hair is medium length and curly and is a light blonde in color, so light in fact it looks almost white. She has sapphire blue colored eyes and her skin is tanned from playing in the sun. Ginevra normally dresses in a black skirt with a light pink shirt and on her feet she wears black flats.(also see attachment)

Backstory: Ginevra was born the year after the great betrayal and grew up being told stories about the betrayal by her parents Molina and Jared. Her fathers opinion of the betrayal and Pokemon in general was different. He had a Pokemon when the betrayal happened; a Oddish that was his best friend. His Oddish didn't turn hostile to humans but the others in the city forced him to let it go in fear that it would turn on them as well. Because of her parents opinion of Pokemon Ginevra grew up not hating and being fearful of Pokemon like others. This changed when she was six. Ginevra had wandered off getting lost outside of the safe haven and her parents had gone out to find her only to be killed by hostile Pokemon after they found her. That day changed Ginevra, her views changed and she hasn't left the safe haven again. On the night the comet came Ginevra was in the crowd alone watching it with the others.

Personality: Ginevra is a very timid girl. She hates fighting and above all else she hates Pokemon and being called anything other than her full name. As a small child her father used to call her Ginny instead of Ginevra but due to her thinking to this day that it is her fault her parents are dead she won't let anyone call her Ginny. She may always hold a bad opinion of Pokemon but her father had always told her to keep her mind open to possibilities. Ginevra has accepted the fact that until she receives proof that not all Pokemon are evil she will dislike them. Her opinion of the world is that it can be a good place, she believes strongly in the fact that no matter how dark things may seem there is always light.

Other: Ginevra is absolutely useless in fighting and she has a small case of insomnia

RP Sample: Ginevra sighed sadly laying on the bunk staring at the ceiling. It was the night of the comet and she was alone. "It's all my fault" she whispered curling up on her side tears falling down her cheeks. She couldn't get her mind off what happened eight years ago. It haunted her thoughts and her dreams, because of this she went several nights in a row without sleeping before sleeping a full day. "no, more moping" she whispered to herself getting off her bunk and going outside. She wiped her face and followed a group of people going to the view the comet.

"Come on Mom we're gonna miss it" a young boys voice called out and Ginevra turned seeing a small sandy haired boy pulling on the hand of a woman and she immedietly felt a pain in her heart. "if only mom and dad were here" she said before turning away from the woman and child. Ginevra walked away from them and went over to a tree leaning against it as she got trapped in her thoughts, her memory of that day.

"Ginny! Ginny where are you sweetie!" Ginevra's father Jared's voice yelled followed by the sound of running feet. A six year old Ginevra her hair up in pig-tails wearing a pink dress heard the voice followed by another voice yelling. "Ginevra! Where are you!" this time a woman her mother Molina. Ginevra looked up and stepped out from behind a tree yelling "Mommy! Daddy!" as loud as she could. She was shaking and scared having gotten lost in the forest when looking for berries with her father.

The footsteps came closer and suddenly Ginevra found herself picked up off the ground and held in a strong embrace "Ginny don't you ever run off again" Jared whispered. Ginevra sniffled and started to cry as her mother hugged her as well before she was set on the ground. "it's okay sweetie" her mother whispered wiping her tears. "mommy and daddy will always be with you, if your alone and scared just think of us, and we'll come for you" Molina said smiling before growling was heard. Jared looked up and saw a pack of Houndoom nearly surrounding them "Ginny, Molina. Run as fast as you can" he said urgently pushing Ginevra towards the camp "no matter what Ginny keep running" he added and Ginevra nodded running as fast as she could towards the camp believing her parents to be behind her. When Ginevra made it to the camp there was no sign of her parents.

"why, why did you die" she whispered thinking about how their bodies where found three days later. They had been killed by the Houndoom leaving Ginevra alone. Suddenly she was drawn out of her thoughts by a weird sound coming from the radio nearby. It was like talking but she couldn't understand a word, no one could and she watched as people started to panic. Looking up she saw the comet heading down and pushed through the crowd getting to the front of it fully able to see it now just as the comet hit the ground.

Attachments

• Ginevra.png
    Ginevra.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Black Hawk

Char
Years
Name: Terra Grave

Appearance: tall, red-brown hair. She had red eyes, and her hair looks singed. She has a tattoo on her right shoulder, in honor of her beloved Typhlosion. She wears a white belly Shirt, with a red jacket. Her pants are a pair of regular jeans. She has boots, and wears a bracelet of pure iron.

Backstory: Terra had a Pokemon since she was 10. That Pokemon was Spike, a . They had explored all the regions, throughout her life. She had a relationship with a hot guy, who hated spike. So, she broke up with him.
How she met spike: One day, when Terra was lost in the woods, and she came across him. He was poisoned, and was dying. She took pity on him, and healed him. While Spike was healing, he was not in his right mind, so he thought Terra was a Pokemon. Finnaly, when Spike healed, he saw the real Terra. She saw the evil in his hardened eyes. Then, they softened for one second. Spike ran out of the cave. She followed him to a volcano. Spike turned around, his back flaring. He was trying to kill her. She tried to stop him because she loved him. Then, he tripped over a rock, falling into the volcano. Terra grabbed his paw/hand, and held on. Spike let go. He did not want to kill anymore.

Personality: Terra is smart, and strong. Her overview of Pokemon is this: They are all kind creatures. Some of them are.. Possessed. She is very trustworthy, and and dose not like pokemon haters. She believes that the world will become how it used to be.

Other: ... I got nothing.. - oh! She wants to find a boy friend...

RP Sample: Terra was in her bunk, listening to her radio. She started thinking of Spike. "Hey!" said the boy she shared her bunk with. "Wanna come see the comet?" He smiled politely.
"No."
"Why?
"... I don't want to..."
"Why?"
"Just... Just because!"
"Oh... Ok."
There was an awkward silence. Finally he left.

Later, something woke Terra up. There was a loud annoying, ear piercing sound coming from her radio. She suddenly felt terrified. Something was wrong... She thought, so she went out side. Everyone was there, even the boy she had a crush on. Then, she saw the comment. "oh, my gosh.." terra said.

She saw it crash into the earth, which sent her running. She put all her belongings into her bag, still filled with items, TMs, and pokeballs. Terra wrapped herself into her cover.

Edited!

Last edited:
Years
Alright Black Hawk, you character is On Hold. I'm OK with Terra's basic character, but there's a few things: beacuse she's 18, the Great Betrayal happened when she was 3, an age where people can barely talk. Did she meet Spike before or after The Betrayal? I'm OK with her having a Typhlosion after it, but beacuse in the RP, Friendly Pokemon are almost nonexistant, a few more details need to be explained. Like, how did she meet up with it? How did it meet it's... tragic fate? Stuff like that.

If you could clear those things up she's good to go.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Alright, I admit. I'm intrigued. Will you please reserve me a spot? I've already got an idea or two for my character.

Years
A bit of a shame I couldn't get this to take off, really. I'm willing to try to get it stated again. But if any of you still want to join, I'll try to resuscitate this.

Years
You're Accepted! Just need to wait for SeekerofDarkness and we can start. SUs are still open though, if anyone wants to join at the last moment.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Whoops didn't see this thread was back up again. I'm still interested in joining with my old SU!

Back