Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:19 AM).
au bon's Avatar
au bon au bon is offline
  • Developer
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 17,315
What was the most memorable event in the game for you? What event did you dislike the most? What event stood out that could have been better? What thing about these events made them so special?

For you creative people out there, give us an event idea of your own that takes place in the game!

*note: When I say event, I mean key occurrences in the game. For instance, after you beat Lenora, Team Plasma steals the Dragonite skull. Another example would be Ghetsis revealing the truth about Team Plasma and his plans at N's Castle. Another example is when Team Plasma steals the little girl's Pokémon on your way to Nacrene City.
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:25 AM).
Blizz's Avatar
Blizz Blizz is offline
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 804
Meaby the events of Dragonspiral Tower. It was very interesting to climb up that tower and same time you had feeling "I'm going to see N and his Reshiram." It was pretty cool.
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:28 AM).
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
Nyeh?
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 12,924
Beating Ghetsis for the first time was so memorable. His Hydreigon was an absolute pain to deal with.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:29 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
Merry Scragmas!
  • Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
  • Social Media
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Posts: 35,788
Hmmmmmm when you say event, the thing that most comes to mind is when N reveals he has a castle underground (that's totally an event!). For some reason I feel that it's the most significant event because it shows that N's rising to power, rising to victory, etc, I dunno, it's symbolic. The animation of the lightning and the actual building rising also makes it REALLY stand out for me.

As for the worst, definitely when Plasma kicks Munna. It's boring, it's useless, nobody cares about Munna, and for someone who has played through the start of the game about 20 times to get extra Victini's and can't skip that point, it just sucks. Plus the fact that Munna has to suffer, of course. Oh yeah, and I also kept getting confused by whether Ghetsis was actually there or an illusion. :(
__________________


Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old January 22nd, 2012 (12:30 AM).
au bon's Avatar
au bon au bon is offline
  • Developer
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 17,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Beating Ghetsis for the first time was so memorable. His Hydreigon was an absolute pain to deal with.
That isn't an event or a key occurrence in the game (well I guess it is, since you can't continue on in the game if you don't do it, but you know what I mean!!!).
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old January 22nd, 2012 (4:27 AM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is offline
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • Social Media
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,454
Quote:
For instance, after you beat Lenora, Team Plasma steals the Dragonite skull.
This one in particular, actually, for a few reasons or rather thoughts that came to my head. Such as 'Oh hey Plasma are doing stuff again?', but the thing I like the most is that it was the first clear instance following that of gym leaders doing stuff. (Because the first trio are lazy bums). Certainly something I liked of BW - the gym leaders doing stuff!

I'll agree that the Munna scene was not that great, but also partly because it's a clear example of Plasma doing bad stuff yet wanting to save Pokemon apparently... and the fact there's a lack of examples anywhere showing people not from Plasma not treating Pokemon well.

And a personal moment not plot-related I remember is crossing the first fancy bridge of the game. Both because I was amused by Game Freak showing off their ability to use CAMERA ANGLES, and also admittedly impressed by it. (And the music).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old February 6th, 2012 (7:06 PM).
vizarod's Avatar
vizarod vizarod is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Posts: 101
    I liked the very end. After you beat Ghetsis and N is going to fly away. It made me tear up XD
    __________________
    Solo quiero soñar
    Reply With Quote
      #8    
    Old February 6th, 2012 (7:37 PM).
    Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
    ...
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Australia
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 49,791
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
    Beating Ghetsis for the first time was so memorable. His Hydreigon was an absolute pain to deal with.
    Yes Platinum, I have to agree with you on this.

    Hydreigon was the reason I hated Ghetsis, his Cohagrigus was also annoying.

    I now have my own Hydreigon, but at the time she was a Zweilous.

    I felt so sorry for that Munna getting kicked by Team Plasma grunts.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #9    
    Old February 6th, 2012 (7:55 PM).
    Beloved's Avatar
    Beloved Beloved is offline
    Fictionally Destructive
       
      Join Date: May 2007
      Location: Where ever my master takes me
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 253
      I beat N, and then Ghetsis whipped me like he would N for misbehaving.
      __________________


      Mikiebear
      FC: Unknown ATM
      Friend Safari Type: Unknown
      Pokemon: Unknown
      PM if you add me so I can add you. Always looking for friends.
      Reply With Quote
        #10    
      Old February 19th, 2012 (3:53 PM).
      OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
      OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
      10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
         
        Join Date: Apr 2010
        Location: Oregon
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 17,509
        My favorite event was when The Dark Stone turned into Zekrom, it was an epic cutscene. Oh and Getting Zekrom on my first try too :3
        __________________
        I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
        https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
        Reply With Quote
          #11    
        Old February 19th, 2012 (4:06 PM).
        Ephemeral Euphoria's Avatar
        Ephemeral Euphoria Ephemeral Euphoria is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2009
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 3,818
          My Excadrill up against N's Klingklang at the time, outsped me and used Focus Blast strangely enough which thankfully missed leading up to my Excadrill using Earthquake on the "Klingklang" only to reveal itself as a Zoroark before dying lol. That and having my Emboar surviving a Surf from Ghetsis's Hydreigon to take out the 3 headed bastard in 1 shot with Hammer Arm right after surviving the near fatal Surf there lol.

          Not counting specific moments like that though I'd have to say running into Ghetsis at one of the bridges before heading to Opelucid City and encountering the Shadow Triad for the final time were pretty memorable for me despite them being rather minor plot wise. Oh yeah and fighting Cheren right after I got the final badge was more memorable for me than most of the other battles I had at the time.
          Reply With Quote
            #12    
          Old February 19th, 2012 (4:32 PM).
          Bayrock's Avatar
          Bayrock Bayrock is offline
          Dedicated
             
            Join Date: Feb 2012
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 23
            Well, I'll be the first to admit that I don't much care for the storyline of the Pokémon game series, although I've begun to become fond of the TV series storyline.

            Although, my favorite part was when I came across Tornadus. I was quite intrigued by him for some odd reason.
            __________________
            Game: Black
            FC: 1549-8282-3199
            ID: 58400
            Reply With Quote
              #13    
            Old February 19th, 2012 (4:37 PM).
            Alpha King's Avatar
            Alpha King Alpha King is offline
            Man's Best Friend
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Location: USA (MD)
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 1,071
            At the end when N talks to you and says all of those things about how his life was mostly a lie and how he wants me to follow my dreams. I get chills every time and I'm just like "COME BACK N!!!"
            __________________

            Reply With Quote
              #14    
            Old February 19th, 2012 (4:47 PM).
            Raichupacabra Raichupacabra is offline
            Villain
               
              Join Date: Apr 2010
              Location: Antelope Valley, CA
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Hasty
              Posts: 566
              The scene with Bianca and her father at Nimbasa. With the music (which also played during Cheren's rant on Route 5), it was one of the most memorable events in the game.
              Reply With Quote
                #15    
              Old February 19th, 2012 (8:44 PM).
              Dialgamaster23's Avatar
              Dialgamaster23 Dialgamaster23 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2009
                Gender:
                Posts: 58
                Walking across the Sky Arrow Bridge for the first time. I thought to myself how far Pokemon has come in the last decade while going across
                Reply With Quote
                  #16    
                Old February 19th, 2012 (9:23 PM).
                Tachikaze's Avatar
                Tachikaze Tachikaze is offline
                九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2012
                  Location: Soul Society
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 158
                  Finally, finally, FINALLY beating Ghetsis after like the fifth try, because his attack missed and I was able to KO Hydreigon with my Haxorus, IIRC. Took long enough. XD
                  __________________
                  九番隊
                  Send 'em Flying
                  Reply With Quote
                    #17    
                  Old February 20th, 2012 (9:31 AM).
                  Zelda's Avatar
                  Zelda Zelda is offline
                  ⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Location: +
                  Age: 2
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 4,876
                  One of the most memorable events for me was seeing N's room that he played in as a kid. The music is was so fitting for the scene, and it was so touching! This was definitely one of my favorite moments of the game.




                  __________________

                  wisdom cries. paired to Cay & Exile & Sombra
                  Reply With Quote
                    #18    
                  Old February 28th, 2012 (1:35 PM).
                  Autobot Silverwynde's Avatar
                  Autobot Silverwynde Autobot Silverwynde is offline
                  Automaton Protector
                     
                    Join Date: May 2011
                    Location: Planet Dirt
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Naive
                    Posts: 81
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
                    The scene with Bianca and her father at Nimbasa. With the music (which also played during Cheren's rant on Route 5), it was one of the most memorable events in the game.
                    This one was just, WOW. It probably hit me harder because of the problems that I was dealing with in my family, but that scene just brought me to tears. I knew how Bianca felt (I had an overprotective mother who never let me leave her sight) and couldn't stop crying. Truly an unforgetable moment.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
                    One of the most memorable events for me was seeing N's room that he played in as a kid. The music is was so fitting for the scene, and it was so touching! This was definitely one of my favorite moments of the game.




                    Another one that gave me a lump in my throat, as it reminded me a lot of my old bedroom and my childhood in general. All I could do was stand in the middle of that room and wipe tears from my eyes. Pokemon Black resonated with me so deeply and it was because of scenes like this.

                    N's farewell is also one of those unforgettable moments--I understood why he had to leave (I was going through something similar with my own mother at the time) and I knew it was for the best but it still broke my heart.
                    __________________

                    We've come a long, long way together,
                    Through the hard times and the good.
                    I have to celebrate you baby,
                    I have to praise you like I should.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #19    
                    Old February 28th, 2012 (1:38 PM).
                    The Author's Avatar
                    The Author The Author is offline
                    The Hero of Knothole Glade
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2011
                      Location: Knothole Glade
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 381
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
                      One of the most memorable events for me was seeing N's room that he played in as a kid. The music is was so fitting for the scene, and it was so touching! This was definitely one of my favorite moments of the game.




                      That was awesome, whilst creepy.

                      The whole castle/climax theme really stood out to me. I loved it. Great twist on the usual pattern of E4 then Champion. :cer_smile:
                      __________________
                      The Disciple
                      The Poet
                      The Leader
                      The Musician
                      The Transcendentalist

                      The Author
                      The Philosopher
                      The Architect
                      The Psychologist
                      The Artist
                      Reply With Quote
                        #20    
                      Old March 10th, 2012 (9:45 PM).
                      MoreThanLuck MoreThanLuck is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                        Location: Chicago IL!
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 52
                        Trying desperately to beat ghetsis and his Hydreigon. Oh lordy that took forever.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #21    
                        Old March 11th, 2012 (6:51 AM).
                        Railgun's Avatar
                        Railgun Railgun is offline
                        Ever Day Another New Adventure
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2011
                          Location: Newton
                          Age: 27
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 432
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Forever View Post


                          As for the worst, definitely when Plasma kicks Munna. It's boring, it's useless, nobody cares about Munna
                          Speak for yourself I love Munna its cute
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #22    
                          Old March 11th, 2012 (7:00 AM).
                          Forever's Avatar
                          Forever Forever is offline
                          Merry Scragmas!
                          • Moderator
                          • Crystal Tier
                          • Social Media
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2005
                          Location: Queensland
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 35,788
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by AshleyKetchum View Post
                          Speak for yourself I love Munna its cute
                          So you'd find that scene in-game as one of the worst because you care so much about Munna...?
                          __________________


                          Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
                          You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
                          A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

                          Reply With Quote
                            #23    
                          Old March 11th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
                          vaporeon7's Avatar
                          vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
                          My life would suck without you
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2010
                          Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 5,154
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                          My favorite event was when The Dark Stone turned into Zekrom, it was an epic cutscene. Oh and Getting Zekrom on my first try too :3
                          This was my favourite part too, it was so exciting and epic. I had never seen anything that good quality on my DS before as well.
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #24    
                          Old March 11th, 2012 (10:44 PM).
                          Alder's Avatar
                          Alder Alder is offline
                          I know every corner of Unova.
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2011
                            Posts: 11
                            Best scene for me was either going across SkyArrow Bridge for the first time or heading up in the Castle towards N, because I had no idea what to expect. I half expected 500 grunt battles so I would be weak once I hit N, but the farther up I went without battles the more nervous I got because it was so final and such. In games with as many battles as Pokemon has, it's really serious when they stop you from battling for a while.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Forever View Post
                            As for the worst, definitely when Plasma kicks Munna. It's boring, it's useless, nobody cares about Munna, and for someone who has played through the start of the game about 20 times to get extra Victini's and can't skip that point, it just sucks. Plus the fact that Munna has to suffer, of course. Oh yeah, and I also kept getting confused by whether Ghetsis was actually there or an illusion.
                            Agreed with this, just because they didn't portray the scene very well. I didn't get that it was an illusion until other people explained it to me, lol.
                            __________________
                            Even if we don't understand each other,
                            that's not a reason to reject each other.

                            There are two sides to any argument.
                            Is there one point of view that has all the answers?
                            Reply With Quote
                            Reply

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:54 PM.