• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Space lives on your breath... (PG-10)

Years
  • This story has Pokemon in human form. Also rated PG-10 for uses of the word damn and hell, some violence and romantic moments that may seem gross, weird or confusing but still harmless :]

"Space lives on your breath…"

…a phrase that never seemed to leave my mind.

Space…

I don't know… useless maybe? At a young age, I told my family that I did not want to learn to control space and 'till this day, I have no concept of space whatsoever. All I know is that for starters, I apparently have the power to bend it to my will and two; it's a power that has the kids at school laughing at me. They probably know more about space than I do, and if they are laughing at my supposed power, then it MUST be useless. Think about it, kids do not make fun of your powers unless they are deemed useless.

Space is space. Useless air from the term, like the space in the corner of Dialga's dimension that he left for the clock tower he's been eying. Is that what I control? Open spaces between furniture? Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's a useless power, like most of my other powers. Maybe even more useless than my water gun; you know, the water power I'm still trying to perfect?

I layed on Dialga's waterbed, with these thoughts and many others were flowing through my mind. What am I good for in life? This was a question I've always seemed to ask myself. When was I going to be good enough? I lied there, looking at the blue, diamond filled sky, just filling my head with these thoughts. Sometimes I wondered if I am even good enough for Dialga. I glanced over at the blue haired young man sleeping alongside me. I wondered; how am I good enough for him? He's strong, controls time and he could get any girl he wants. But he chose me…

He chose. Me…

I eventually sat up on the waterbed, careful not to wake up Dialga, and proceeded to get out of bed and on to the floor. Once I got to standing up, I tip toed around the countless clocks and toasters he had scattered around the floor, and went to a mirror that was floating right next to the refrigerator. Everything was still in place when I looked into that mirror. Same pink striped halter dress and my long pink hair was still neat. However, I don't usually toss and turn at night, so it's really not all that surprising.

As I stared at myself through the mirror I asked myself what Dialga saw in me that was just so darn attractive? In my mind, attractive is having beautiful blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes that are irresistible. I have eyes that are so red; they can be compared to a red Solo cup, and skin so light; that if I were to play in the snow, you'd have a hard time spotting me.

If there was one thing I liked about myself, other than the fact that Dialga has made me felt things I've never felt before, was the bracelet; the gold and blue bracelet that sat gently around my arm. Dialga had made it for me, but it's more than just a piece of jewelry; it's something that, to me, greatly improves my self-image. You see, the blue stones in front of the bracelet are called time stones. These time stones hold great temporal power, according to Dialga.

One of the three stones, the one on the left, that's the one that gave me the full usage of one of the strongest and greatest powers of all: Roar of Time. With its 150 base power, I felt invincible, however, as powerful as it is, it's very tricky to get it to hit accurately. So, every time I got better at this power, it felt like a huge accomplishment. Not only does it look like a pretty streak of blue when it's used, but it also has the power to distort time around the opponent or object it's trying to attack. It's really an awesome power and it's boosts my confidence in school battles.

The gem in the middle is the gem that allowed me to feel the bends and twists of time itself. It's a cool ability because I felt like I could assist Dialga in time related tasks. When I could feel that time was being bent, my brain would start to twitch. Same with Dia, except, he feels the pain more than I do. I can float in this stones aura and feel the stability of time for myself.

Last but not least, the gem on the right gave me the power to distort, rewind, fast forward and stop time. I was still working through the manual for this one; however I really look forward to using this power. It had everything Dialga can do, which made me feel like I was just as powerful as he was. Thing is, I begged Dialga for this feature on my bracelet. At first, he was reluctant to give it to me because, well, he possesses the same powers. But, he felt bad for me and decided to give me the gem and teach me the powers.

As I looked more and more at the gems, I fell even more in love with the concept. I just loved my bracelet and it has given me a huge boost of confidence. Confidence… is something that I lack. Without Dialga or my new found powers, I don't know what I would do with myself. Without Dialga, I wouldn't know if I was worth something.

Suddenly, I could see him coming up behind me in the mirror, coming slowly behind me to put his arms around me. All I could do was stare at him for the moment. His blue hair that was shaped into a bob cut, his gray metal face pieces on both sides of his head, and those dreamy red eyes. Those were the same color as mine; however, they suited him better than they suited me. I also noticed that he didn't have a shirt on… just his pants; probably due to the air conditioning breaking in this dimension.

"Still liking those gems?" Dialga whispered as he planted kisses on my neck.

"Yes, Dia, I'm loving them," I smiled.

"Well, Palks, do you mind coming to the kitchen? I would like to have a word with you on that one," he said in a serious tone.

"But... why? What did I do?" I frantically asked as I turned to him. When I heard him tell me that in his serious tone, I knew that I have done something wrong.

"Calm down, Palkia, it's okay," Dialga said as he pried me off of him. "Just… sit at the table while I GQ myself, alright?"

I went over to the small dining table we had not too far away from the refrigerator. It was a round table with four chairs, even though it was only Dialga and I who lived here. I pulled up a chair and I sat down as I waited for him to "GQ" himself. Even though, from what I am watching him do, it doesn't really pass for GQing. He puts on his usual blue and white striped shirt, whist his almost tan skin was shining in the light. He then reached down for his metal chest plate, the one with the blue diamond in the middle, and proceeds to stick it on to himself. For a finishing touch, he shakes his hair and calls it a day.

"You call that GQing yourself?" I laughed.

"With my like, totally awesome charm and good looks, yes," Dialga smirked as he went toward the refrigerator.

"Hungry?"

I squinted my eyes while he was trying to scoop out three decent sized restaurant containers and a gallon of orange juice. He also got out a whole gallon of maple syrup as well. That all points to one thing: waffles. Like every morning, we have waffles for breakfast. Actually, Dialga is the one who has waffles all the time, except he also has waffle fries but he puts maple syrup on those as well.

"Left over Sweet Apple Massacre?" I asked with a smile.

Dialga looked over his shoulder and winked. "Dammit, you're good!

Oh, and the Sweet Apple Massacre, is the name of the waffle stack from the restaurant called I-HOW. Which, to say, that is Dialga's favorite restaurant, and his favorite waffle stack. It has fifteen apple flavored waffles stacked on top of each other and on each waffle, there is caramel apple sauce topped with powdered sugar. On the top, it has pieces of baked and fried apples, nuts, apple pie filling and apple butter. Yes, the name first perfectly. It's just so much apple, it's a massacre.

Last night, Dialga got so full from the stack, that he actually had to take home the rest of them, thus for leftovers. From what I knew, we have eight left from that platter, amongst the three boxes we had. Dialga brought all three of them to the table, plus the drink and the syrup.

"So… you're not going to even heat them up?" I asked while lowering one eyebrow.

"Nah, we don't have the time, Palks. We got school, 'member?" he said as he pulled up a chair next to me and sat down.

Sorry, but I couldn't eat cold waffles. It's… well the apple sauce and the syrup that he put on them when we got them. It's going to be very soggy, which freaks me out. As I hesitantly opened the container in front of me, I couldn't help but smile as I glanced over at Dialga drinking from the orange juice carton. For some reason, I thought it was cute when he does that. However, as I saw him glance over at me, I quickly turned my cornered gaze off of him and focused on my halfway opened container.

"Want some?" Dialga asked as he handed me the orange juice carton.

I nodded as I quickly grabbed the carton from him and sipped a little juice from it, mostly to kill my hunger from not wanting to eat the soggy remains of the Sweet Apple Massacre. After drinking the small about of liquid I wanted to drink, I put down the carton and began to ask a question I'd wanted to ask since be brought up school earlier.

"Hey, Dia, about school…" I started as I quickly got his attention.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Well, since school doesn't start 'till eight o clock, maybe you can help me with my temporal powers?" I finally got to ask him.

Right then and there, Dialga raised an eyebrow at me as he had a serious expression on his face. "I was going to talk to you about that, Palkia. Please… pull your chair up closer to me," he requested.

Feeling anxious about what he had to say, I pulled my chair up closer to his to the point there we could lean on each other without feeling uncomfortable. Many thoughts were running through my mind. Maybe he was going to tell me that he had to go ever the manuals with me again, or he would tell me that I accidently made a tear in time. That or maybe he'd tell me that I'm not making any progress.

He then took my hand, and brought it up to his metal chest plate, while still holding it with both his hands.

"Now, Palkia, I don't mind you having these powers. But sometimes it can be like where… you know… I feel that you are talking something away from me…" he started to say.

"What?!" I asked in complete panic.

"I feel like you are taking away a part of who I am, Palkia. I mean, lending you my strength is one thing but you want my Roar of Time and all of my temporal powers. And while I love to see you happy, I'm not feeling happy myself. Those powers are what make me… Dialga, you know?" He said as he was squeezing my hand.

"What I'm saying, Palkia is that… I feel that… I shouldn't teach you anymore than what I taught you… and I won't."

As soon as I heard that, my eyes instantly started to well up. The thought of not being taught anymore temporal powers was making my heart sink. These powers gave me a boost of confidence, confidence I thought I'd never have. I had fun practicing with Dialga and also having practice battles with him. I loved to show off my skills at school, and show everyone who made fun of me that I am powerful.

"But… Dialga, you'll take away something that made me confident…" I said as I started to cry.

Dialga reached over to me and rubbed the back of his hand on my face, trying to wipe my tears away. "Palkia, you need to listen to me, alright?"

"Now, it's not like I'm going to take away your bracelet or the Adamant Orb which has my strength. I'm not going to take away from what you have learned. I'm saying that I won't teach you anymore. I mean, Palkia, these powers are what make me Dialga, the Pokemon that controls time. When I use them, I feel special, but when you use them… I don't feel special anymore. Get what I'm saying?"

I nodded my head, while still in utter shock. "Okay then, then what makes ME special, Dialga? Tell me that?!" I almost yelled.

"Palkia, you ARE special. You can control space. You're the space to my time," Dialga explained as he tried to calm me down.

"IT'S A USELESS POWER!" I cried as I slammed my fists against the table.

Dialga actually gave me a surprised look after that. That was rarely something I would do when I got mad, but then again, I've gotten a warning at school for hitting a girl that makes fun of me.

"Space is nothing, Dialga. It's nothing. I got made fun of in school when I told everyone that one. Remember? You were there, Dia. You were there!" I cried.

Then, all of a sudden, he stood up and put his hands on his hips. "Palkia, why do you even give a damn about what people think of you? If they don't like you, then screw 'em, Palkia."

I sat there, with my tears flowing at an even faster rate, extending my arms out to him so that he could help me up from the chair. As soon as he grabbed and pulled on my hands, I was off my chair and proceeded to wrap my arms tightly around him.

"Palkia, I want the best for you, alright? I think… you should learn about your special powers. I want to see what makes you, you Palkia. You got me?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug.

"Yes…" I said as I rested my head on his chest plate.

"Don't cry, Palkia. Everything's going to be alright," Dialga whispered into my ear. At least, I can spend some more time with Dialga before we hard off for another boring day of school.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There I was, walking arm and arm with Dialga, to school. I have always dreaded going there and it was because every Tuesday was Battle Day and Battle Day was the day that we got paired up with someone, and we battle. Easy, right?

Wrong.

Especially since your battle partner is a pretty blonde haired bully who always picks on you for being weaker. Month after month, she always beats me, and then gloats about it, saying that she's better and that she's stronger. Well, she IS stronger, considering that she always beats me with her psychic attacks but she just provokes me to the point where I want to hit her in her pretty little face.

"Righty then, we need to hurry up to school before Arceus hits me up for money," Dialga said as he grabbed my hand and ran.

"Wait! What makes you think he would be around?" I asked while I tried to keep up with him.

"Palkia, I know he'd be around. I don't have any money to be giving him to take his precious Giratina out on another date," he said in an annoyed tone.

Honestly, Arceus wasn't asking us for money for the last few weeks and Dialga and I have seen him out and about with Giratina. But when he DID ask, it was really to take her out to a fancy restaurant, assuming there were no God discounts. But, the one thing I could say was that he loved his Giratina very much and it seemed like she was enjoying him as well.

"Let's just worry about school? I'm pretty sure he's not going to ask us," I sighed.

As I followed Dialga, I can see our school about a couple of feet in front of us. I could see the big green sign right in front of the school, on the left side of the grass. Here it was: Foster's School for Legendary Pokemon. It was a small school with brick walls and a brown roof. It looked like your typical schoolhouse that you've seen in textbooks. As I said before, I dreaded going to school and I didn't want to come on Battle Day. However, I had to, since I had a perfect attendance record to maintain. I just hoped that today, my fist doesn't meet that girl's face.

Dialga let out a sigh of relief when we arrived at the school door. We walked inside the building, to a small classroom with blue walls, and an alphabet strip on the top of the black board. It also had green tables and chairs and the floor was lined with purple carpet. The other kids were laughing and talking amongst themselves as they were waiting for class to start. Our table was on the far left side of the room, in front of the bulletin board. Dialga squeezed my hand as he led me to our table.

We both pulled out our chairs next to each other and sat down to observe everything around us. We could see several kids talking to each other and some were even making paper airplanes and throwing them anywhere in the classroom. When I turned to Dialga, he lifted his arm as a motion for me to move closer to him. I moved my chair until he had enough room to put his arm around me. I honestly needed his comfort, especially for Battle Day, a day I know that the tormenting is going to begin, and his breath blowing on my face made it a little more relaxing in the moment.

"I'm dreading Battle Day," Dialga whispered.

"Why, Dialga? You're the strongest legendary in class! No, in the whole world!" I exclaimed.

I'm not trying to suck up to him, but, Dialga is actually a very strong legendary. In fact, according to the statistics, he's actually the fourth most powerful Pokemon in this world. His only counters are of course, Arceus, I mean he's GOD. He can beat everyone. However, at number two, came the great Gothitelle of the land, plus her little girl that's just too damn powerful. Other than them, Dialga was pretty much set. So why is he so worried about Battle Day?

"Thanks, Palks. I'm worried because my partner is Cobalion and yeah, Sacred Sword… yeah can't you see the DANGER?!" he almost shouted.

"Dialga…" I started as I started to wrap my arms around him as if I was hugging him. "It's going to be okay. You're strong!"

Dialga took his free hand and tugged on a piece of my hair, repeating the process about five times. "Now I know I'll win, and it'd be because of you," he whispered.

As I closed my eyes to enjoy Dialga's company, I was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. The sound felt like it was coming near my table, and coming at a quick pace. Not only that, but I heard other footsteps coming near my table as well. I opened my eyes and saw a girl coming towards where I was. It was her… the bully. She flipped part of her long blonde hair to the back as she gave me a smirk on her face. The vertical yellow and pink stripes on her dress and her yellow moon shaped crown on her head, made her look taller and much tougher.

When I looked at her coming my way, all I could do was cower at her presence. She had an aura so strong, it felt like she was the deity she was. I stood up as she finally approached me with her posse in tow, anticipating her torment.

"Hey, Palkia, guess what day it is?" she asked in a show-offy tone.

I just stood there, watching her flash her blue eyes as I tried to find the answer to her question. Deep down, I was afraid of her and its very hard not to show it on the outside. I was shaking inside and looking around the room, for an answer.

"It's Battle Day, Cresselia. Not hard," Dialga answered.

She then folded her arms and glared at Dialga. "I believe, I was talking to her here, not you," she snapped as she pointed to me.

"Hey! You don't talk to Dialga that way!" I yelled as I almost got in her face. However, Dialga pulled me back a little.

"Well, excuse ME, Palkia, but I am the goddess of the moon. So don't babble about respect," Cresselia snapped as she lowered one eyebrow. "Anyway, today is Battle Day, which marks the seventh time that I've beaten you this year. Better be ready."

I slammed my fists on the table so hard, that the whole class turned my way. As much as I want to say that was embarrassing, I had to toughen up in this situation. I really wanted to give this girl a piece of my mind. At the same time, I was slipping my boots off.

"YOU better be ready, Cresselia, because I learned a new power that can kick your pretty butt!" I yelled.

"Oh really?! BRING IT! Show me!" she yelled even louder.

As this time, I was shaking as I was standing. My legs were trembling the most. The more I wanted to rip her to shreds, the more I quaked. Cresselia was almost about to get herself a beatdown. She was treading on thin ice. I don't give a damn if she's a deity. It's not gonna stop me from teaching her a lesson.

"Hey, Cresselia," Dialga started to say as he put his arm in front of me and push me down to my chair. "Do us a favor, get over your damn self, and leave Palkia alone. Unless you want to eat a big fat time loop, I suggest you go away," He yelled angrily.

Cresselia took one glare at Dialga and then stared at me. She then motioned her friends to follow her back to their own table. It was cool and all but however, as she was leaving herself, I looked over her shoulder and glared at me. She then took her right hand and she put up her middle finger at me. To me, that was the biggest insult anyone can do and she was in for a rude awakening.

I sprang from my chair and began to run after her, with fumes in my eyes. As soon as I got to her, I grabbed her by her pretty blonde hair and yanked her towards me. At the moment, I felt as if I just blacked out. I know that I pulled on her hair so tight that I could feel parts of her hair falling off. I couldn't see what was it that was I doing to her; however I do know what I was actually doing by feeling. I was hitting her at a rapid pace, trying to strike her in her head. I also was trying to use my fingernails to scratch her, which I have missed her face and scratched her head instead.

As I was fighting, I could hear many things being said at once. In one ear, I could hear the other kids saying 'fight, fight, fight!' I could also hear screaming from some of the other kids as well. However most of the screaming came from Cresselia as I was trying to hurt her. In the other ear, I could hear my name being yelled out many times by Dialga, who, was trying to pry me away from the fight. I felt his strong hands on top of mine, trying to get me to stop pulling her hair. Inside, I really wanted to stop fighting, and it was mostly because of Dialga, however, I really wanted to teach this girl a lesson. That I may be weaker than her, but it doesn't give her the right to mess with me.

I could feel my hands slipping away from her hair and someone's arm, which I assume was Dialga's, holding me back. As I was trying to break out of his grasp, he wrapped both of his arms around my torso area and lifted me to go back five paces from where I was originally having this showdown. Right there and there, I felt secure enough to stop fidgeting and try to catch my breath.

"I got you, Palkia. You're gonna be alright," Dialga whispered.

I can feel him, once again, lifting me up; however, I feel that he was trying to bring me back to our table. This time, I didn't even try to struggle out of his grasp. In the moment, I felt very comfortable that way. Because I knew that he was trying to protect me from everything that was going on. To me, it feels like a blur to me. My eyes are open, but I felt like I wasn't really grasping everything that was going on. All I knew was that I was trying to hurt Cresselia… bad. I don't care to see if I have done the job or not. I just really wanted to get out of here and with Dialga by my side. I felt that I have gotten my point across to her and anyone else who chooses to mess with me.

As Dialga put me down on the ground, I turned to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly and burying my head in his chest plate. I was letting my emotions out as Dialga rocked side to side, while having his arms tightly around me as well. While I was crying, I shouted his name a few times out of distress. As I was doing so, Dialga made shush noises to calm me down; however it was so hard to be calm at the moment. I was still in school, a place I didn't want to be at and just pulled another girl's hair. I finally looked up at Dialga and started to look into his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Dia. She provoked me," I said softly on the verge of tears.

He took his right hand and with the back of his hand, he rubbed it across my face, trying to dry my tears. "Everything's alright. Just know, Palkia that I will always protect you from getting hurt, whether it's physically or emotionally, alright?"

"Yes, Dialga," I said as I was beginning to calm down. I, once again, rested my head on his metal plate for comfort.

Then suddenly, I heard a familiar voice coming inside the building. However, I was just too exhausted from the events to lift my head to see who just came in. But, I could hear this person talking to the other students and what they were saying as well.

"Now what's going on here?" a woman's voice asked.

"Palkia pulled my hair! And then she hit me and scratched me!" Cresselia cried. She sounded like she was really in pain, however I really didn't care. I wanted to give the girl what she deserved.

"It's okay, Cress," I heard a guy's voice say to her. "She's a loser, that's all there is to it."

"Yeah," I heard a girl's voice say. "Everyone knows she's just jealous because you're better than her and you're pretty much the only deity in this class. Entei's right, she is a loser.

At that moment, I want to scream at them; however Dialga's strong arms were preventing me to do just that. His grip was too great, and plus his comfort was making it useless to want to backlash. However, it didn't stop him from wanting to give them a piece of his mind. I can feel him turning his body the other way as he began to speak.

"Hey! I don't give a damn what you think about her, but DO NOT disrespect Palkia that way in front of me, alright?" Dialga said in a stern voice. "She is the love of my life and she's NOT a loser. Cresselia was attacked because she provoked Palkia."

"I just want to get out of here!" I cried as I was clinging to Dialga even tighter.

I could feel him prying me off of him for a moment. At that moment, I took my hands and used them to cover my face and eyes to hide the embarrassment. I knew that after the comments made, the face of a looser shouldn't be shown. So I bowed my head down in shame, just waiting for Dialga to come back to me. I then felt the gentle pressure of his arm wrapped around me and his breath blowing on me. Ah, that comfortable feeling was coming back to me.

"Everything's going to be alright. Just close your eyes," Dialga whispered in my ear as I could feel his arm wrapping around my legs.

With all of his strength, he lifted me off the ground and held me tightly, so much so that I didn't feel the need to hold on to him. Plus, I was just too embarrassed to take my hands off my face. I could feel him walking; however I had no idea as to where he was taking me. All I knew was that he told me to keep my eyes closed and that everything was going to be alright. So I melted in to his arms and rested on his chest plate, waiting to know where he was going to take me.

////---\\\

"Okay, Palkia, you can open your eyes now," Dialga said.

I took my hands off of my face and opened my eyes. There, I laid eyes on the blue, diamond filled sky while feeling the motion of the cold waterbed underneath me. A smile stretched across my face when I realized that Dialga has brought me back home. I turned to my right and saw him sitting there on the bed beside me. As soon as I laid eyes on him, I quickly sat up on the bed, and with all of my might, moved closer to him.

"Dammit, Palkia! What are you doing?" he laughed as he saw that I managed to get on my knees.

I put both of my hands on his shoulders as I brought my left leg over him. As of now, I was sitting on top of him and a light blush came over my face. As for Dialga, his face was almost red as he slowly put his arms around me. I knew that both of us were digging the position we were in. I can see it on his face when he gave me a great big smile.

"You're so beautiful, Palkia. Did you know that?" Dialga asked softly.

I shook my head no as I blushed even more. At that point, I didn't know what to say to him. Every time he'd say that to me, I would be at loss for words. Even when we first met, I never understood why a guy as good looking as he was goes for a girl who wasn't society's vision of beautiful. So every time he'd tell me that, my heart rate would go up. I could actually feel a cold wind of confidence come over me as I smiled at him. However, I knew that I had to change the conversation or distract him.

"So… how did you get around to sneaking out of the school?" I asked while changing the subject and quietly reaching for his shirt. I softly tugged on the collar and began to unbutton the small buttons that were lined vertically on his shirt.

"Eh, I was quiet about it. The teach was talking with Cresselia and her friends, so I saw this as a perfect opportunity to escape. I know I'll get written up for it, but I'll stand up to the man," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Mrs. Applebee… is not the man," I said softly as I reached the last button on his shirt.

I finally got to unbutton the last button, which Dialga would complain that it's the hardest button to get to. All the while, he wasn't noticing what I was doing. I just smiled at him, while secretly admiring what I did.

"Hey, what is that?" I asked as I pointed to the top left of the dimension.

Dialga looked over in the direction that I pointed to look for what I was apparently talking about. While he took the bait, I took both ends of his shirt and I separated them, exposing his torso. After I did just that, I rested my head on his bare chest. Then, I could hear his heat beating at a normal pace as I melted on to him, taking in his sent.

"Wow, you must really like my four pack eh?" Dialga said somewhat hesitantly.

"Thanks, Dialga, for everything," I murmured, ignoring his last statement.

"No probs, Palkia. You don't need to thank me. I'm always there for you," he said as he took his hand and rubbed big circles on my back.

"I wish I can find out how to be strong though, since you won't teach me anymore time powers," I whispered while with my right hand, I went up and down his side.

Since Dialga told me he won't be teaching me my powers, I felt that my self-worth has been crushed. However, if I could find my own path to being a strong Pokemon, then maybe I can gain it back and some confidence as well. Maybe it could be something that Dialga could help me out with.

"You can Palkia. You need to ask the top five strongest Pokemon of Unova. You already have one of them, me! However, you need to expand your horizons more and talk to other strong Pokemon. Maybe you'll learn something new," Dialga replied.

After hearing what he said, I thought it was a wonderful idea. If I talked to all of those Pokemon, maybe I could learn some new methods of strength, other than from Dialga. I mean he IS number four as is, and I know who is number one, two and three, however the person who is number five escapes me at the moment.

"Who's number five? I want to ask them all in order," I asked as I sat up.

"Number five is Latios, but be weary. Latios doesn't think highly of girls," Dialga said with a serious tone in his voice.

"Dialga, I need a pad and a pen!" I said as a spang from the bed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Be weary, Latios is pretty much a sexist character but in subtle taste...

I soon arrive at my first destination: Latios' house. When I rang the doorbell, so many thoughts were running through my mind. I wondered if Latios would even consider talking to me. Dialga's words kept repeating itself in my head: Latios doesn't think highly of girls. I was honestly afraid that he would not tell me how I could become as strong. Not only was he three years older than me and was a foot and six inches taller than me, but he was also five times powerful than I am.

This was part of the reason as to why I told Dialga not to come with me. Because for this particular visit, I wanted to show Latios that I could take him on by myself; that I could handle his opinions without Dialga always jumping to my rescue. I just want this guy to actually respect me instead of seeing me as just another fragile female Pokemon who's weaker. Plus, I wanted to take this journey myself. I wanted to find the path of strength on my own, since this was about finding what makes ME strong.

As I stood outside the door, it finally opened. At the door, stood a young, fragile little girl with long pinkish-reddish hair and an old school styled dress that was red, had a white sash and had puffy sleeves with blue triangles on them. This happened to be a little girl that I really did not like. However, I had to be nice to her since she and Dialga and the rest of our group are good friends.

"Hey, Latias, is Latios here?" I asked politely while trying to hide my dislike for this girl.

"Yes, but I cannot get him to the door," she whispered. "You see, I'm grounded, and I can't let Latios know that I'm out of my room."

"But can't Latios hear the doorbell from here?" I asked.

After I asked that question, she looked down at the ground with such shame. I sensed that in her mind, she knew that Latios could hear the doorbell ringing, and with her at the door, it would give it away that she was disobeying him, again. This was pretty much the reason why I disliked Latias. It was because I found her to be rude, disrespectful and she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips. Dialga thinks she's an angel however, based on what happened with us on the beach, I see differently.

"… and what do we have here?" a familiar male voice said from the background.

Through the door, I could see him coming towards us. He was a very tall guy, indeed. His blue hair was cut short, he was as tan as a wooden table, he had a dark blue sweatshirt with an red triangle in the middle and his light blue pants made him not only taller, but leaner. He glared at Latias as she turned to him and froze. She was so busted.

"Go to the kitchen," he ordered with not a lot of emotion in his voice.

Latias hesitantly started to walk to the kitchen. As she was doing that, he slowly walked over to the doorway. From that moment, I was shaking in my boots. He gave me a smirk and narrowed his eyes at me. I was, in a way, afraid of him. When he stood at the doorway, I felt as if he was staring me down. I really didn't want to look him in the eye, but since I am here to ask him some questions but out of respect for him, I managed to look him in his dark red eyes.

"What do you need?" he asked in a voice that sounds as if he was annoyed. "If you're here to play with Latias, then you came at the wrong time. She's grounded."

"Actually Latios, I came to talk with you," I said while trying to hide that I was shaking.

Latios raised an eyebrow when he heard that I was here to talk to him. With his eyes, he double-took twice. "Hm…"

"Talk about what?" Latios asked.

"I want to talk with you about strength. About what could I do to make myself stronger," I replied while avoiding giving him a long story. "Basically, I need your advice."

He then stood up taller as he crossed his arms and let out a light chuckle. I was pretty sure that he was laughing at the idea of me wanting to seek his advice on how to be strong, especially from what after Dialga told me about him. If a dainty girl such as myself came up to someone who was respected because of their place on the list, then I would be laughing as well. I don't blame Latios for laughing.

"Oh that's cute! You want to seek my advice, huh?" Latios asked while still chuckling lightly. "Okay... whats-your-name, I can do that, but know that I have strong opinions and I never hold back."

"First off, my name is Palkia and second, I'm strong enough to hear your opinions. Plus it will only make me stronger," I said in an annoyed tone.

Sorry, but I just hate it when he doesn't remember my name. Calling me 'whats-your-name' was pretty much taking away my identity; a blow to my self-confidence. I am strong enough to hear what he says to me. I promised myself that I would not cry if he says something I didn't like. Like I said before, this was part of the reason why I told Dialga not to come. Because in this situation, him defending me would make me look bad in Latios' eyes.

"Very well then, Palkia, come in and sit at the table," Latios rolled his eyes as he lead me into the house and into the kitchen.

After closing the door behind me, I followed him through the rather small living area and into the decent sized kitchen. The kitchen had a bar-like table in the front. From there, Latios pointed to the table as a motion for me to sit there. I went over and grabbed a stool and sat down at the table, with my pen and pad ready to take his notes. Latios went around the bar table and looked straight at his little sister, who was standing there waiting for him. I guess that he wants to discipline Latias first before talking to me.

"Alright Latias, you were grounded for what?" Latios asked while crossing his arms.

"For disrespecting you," she answered softly while her head was bowed.

Typical Latias, alright. She's always disrespecting his word to the point that it's very annoying. If she pulled that on me, I don't care how much Dialga likes her; I would have punished her as well.

"… and what do you do? Disrespect me, again," he said in a stern tone. "You disobeyed my orders. I told you to stay in your room. You know what, you need to learn respect."

"NO!" she yelled out.

Latios, out of anger, went a little closer to her. The closer he got, the more afraid she got. I could see it in her eyes that she wanted to break down; however, being the defiant little girl she is, she would never let him show that he was ready to make her cry.

"Go to your room," he ordered as he stood about six inches from her.

However, this time, she actually did what she was ordered to do without hesitation or back talk. She walked, with her head down, to her room and slammed the door. I know that if Dialga were here, she would be defiant about the whole thing, but since he's not here to protect her, it's a whole different story. All I was doing at the moment was just letting Latios' accent flow in my ears. He then turned to me and began to lean on the bar table.

"Okay, what do you want to ask me?" he asked as he stared at me.

"I need you to give me advice on how to become as strong as you all," I said as I readied my pen.

"Here it goes. You can become strong, Palkia. However, you can never become as strong as Dialga, or me," Latios said. "I don't think you'll even be top ten worthy."

I could never become as strong as Latios or Dialga? Why not? This was a question that was racing through my head as soon as I heard him say that. If I'm not at least as strong as those two respected guys or the guys in the top ten, then I'm not strong at all and still in the bottom with all of those girls who don't do a damn thing but fish and drool over guys. There are a few on the bottom who are great fighters but they are in training. But then again, there might be a logical explanation for this.

"Why do you say that?" I said in my neutral voice.

"Well, Palkia it's simple. Biologically, men are stronger than women when it comes to combat. We have more, say experience when it comes to battle and strength," Latios explained.

Now I understand. Most of the Pokemon I have seen in ancient battles have been men. Most of the Pokemon listed in the top ten are male. In fact, the only females who were on the top are Gothitelle and Gothorita, a seven year old girl. Remarkable huh? A girl, same age as Latias and two inches shorter than her, could beat out, comparatively, a big and powerful guy such as Dialga and an intelligent and powerful guy such as Latios. Those girls ARE strong. Especially, Gothitelle; man that woman can kick butt, and after my meeting here, I would love to just know how she got to be so strong.

"I can understand what you're saying. I mean there is a bit of truth to that. However, why are girls like Gothitelle and her kid stronger than most men? If they could strong, can't I be strong?" I asked as I wrote that all down. " Is there any advice as to how I, can be stronger?"

Latios paused for a moment at my question. When I looked at him, it appeared as if he couldn't find an explanation as to why those girls are strong.

"Yes there is. You need to become strong as a person first. You, Palkia aren't very strong as a person. I can tell from when you rely on Dialga for everything. Even for him to protect you from what I say to you. My point is that you need to stop being reliant on men to do your work and do it yourself," he explained.

As I wrote that down, I got to thinking; he's right. I do rely on Dialga for a lot of things, even for powers that I can use to mask my own. I never really thought of it as making him do my work though.

"Are you saying that I rely on him too much?" I asked.

"Yes, and you need to learn how to do things for yourself. This is the reason why I don't like you; it's because you're one of those girls who cling to a man and make them do all the work. You want Dialga to be the one who jumps in to protect you from every little thing. You need to learn how to suck it up, Palkia," Latios said. "Believe it or not, Palkia, women CAN think for themselves."

After I wrote that all down I closed my pad and stood up from the bar table. "Thanks, Latios, for taking the time to answer my questions," I said.

"Welcome. I just want to tell you this, and this is something I hardly tell a girl unless they are worthy of me telling them. You have potential, Palkia. You really do, and I can see it in you. If you are strong enough, I'd like to challenge you to battle me. How does that sound?" He asked as he flashed a smile.

A light blush spread across my face as I tried not to look at him. Me? Have potential? Coming from a guy who doesn't think highly of girls? That was a HUGE compliment, at least to me. I couldn't help but smile. I think he's said this to a few girls but to think I, Palkia, could be one of those girls was a rewarding feeling.

"Yes, I'd love to. Thank you for the complement," I said as I was avoiding becoming emotional.

As I stared to walk out the door on to my next destination, I heard him call out to me one last time.

"Palkia, is your next stop going to be Gothitelle's laboratory?" Latios asked.

"Yes, how come?" I asked him.

"I'll be coming by there so you might run into me again," he chuckled.

Last edited:
    Years

• This chapter has weird jokes, beautiful girls and battles
    biggrin.gif

During my long walk from Latios' house, I finally came across the laboratory. From a distance, it looked like a huge white one story building, with gates built around it on the sides. However, it had no gate on the front of the building. In the front, it looked like an ordinary home, but inside, it was a different story. Believe me, it was almost like a mansion adorned with machinery. It was pretty huge alright and it also had a battle school in the back if I remembered the last time I visited.

As I walked up to the door and knocked, I was thinking of the many things Latios was saying to me. I felt flattered that he felt that I could be strong and that I had potential, but to never be in the top ten saddens me. Mainly because that was one of my goals for when I became stronger; secure a place amongst the top ten strongest Pokemon. Problem is that there was truth to what Latios told me. Most of everyone on the top ten was male. There were only three females on the list; and two of them were much respected females to boot. One of them, well I should say two; I'm waiting to ask right about now. Also, maybe I could talk to the other League members.

I stood there, just reading over my notes I jotted down from Latios until, the door started to open. I looked, and there stood this girl, a tall girl with blonde hair, blue eyes, lightly tanned skin and was sporting a blue bikini. This girl looked a lot like Cresselia; however this girl happened to be prettier. Her back length blonde hair, which was curly, was lighter and so was her tan to a point that it looked perfect. She was also taller as well, model tall to be exact. In fact, while looking at this girl, I swore I've seen her on a cover of Teen Pokemon, where she posed with Giratina, the young one.

"Oh, hello… ummm…" I said as I was trying to remember her name. It's there but I can't wrap my tongue around it.

"Milotic… the name's Milotic if that's what you're trying to figure out," she said in her normal English accent.

Bingo! That's the one; this is the girl who posed with Giratina on the Teen Pokemon cover. Man, you have to be pretty darn good looking to be in that magazine let alone be on the cover. Not only that, but this girl had been trying to get with the love of my life before, even when I was right there. She eventually stopped but now she's after another man, using her fem charm and her body. Which to say, I envy so much. I wish that could be me, with the perfect figure, getting all the guys' attention.

"Oh.., my bad, I forgot," I said as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Seriously, Palkia, how could you NOT know who I am?" Milotic smirked as she twirled a piece of her platinum blonde hair.

"Whatever," I scoffed.

Not to be rude but sometimes the way she presents herself comes off as very annoying. She's always bragging about how beautiful she is and how she is well known. It gets very aggravating and it makes me feel even worse about myself. It makes me feel uglier and worthless by the minute and it's because I could never be as beautiful or popular as she is.

"Sorry, Milotic but do you know if Gothitelle is around? I came to see her," I said while playing with my pen.

"She's here, but she's out back. However, I don't think she'd mind if there was another visitor…" she replied. "Just follow me in."

'Another visitor?' I thought to myself. 'Who else is here?' I followed Milotic inside the house, down the long hallway adorned with family and team photos on the walls. At the end, I could see a huge, circular, white dining table in the kitchen area. When I stepped into the kitchen, I could also see the laboratory on the left side. The kitchen itself was rather plain. There were no patterns or color; just plain white and clean spaces. To my right, was the living room which was also as plain and big as the kitchen. Yet more interesting because when others come over, they usually watch TV on the big screen, play video games or play board games.

Sitting at the table was a cream colored haired young man. He sported parts of his hair in a rather spikey fashion, which bears a resemblance to icicles. He also had a plain light blue sweater and off-white pants. Despite this guy being an ice type, he was relatively tan for this typing. Normally, they would be almost as pale as I was, so it always amazes me as to how he would develop a light color that was almost similar to what Milotic had.

"Hey, Milotic, what about our battle?" the young man asked as he gave her a smirk.

"I had to answer the door here," she said as she smoothed her hair and went over to him. He made some room for her on his seat as she went over and sat right next to him.

"Oh! Hey Palkia!" he said as he noticed that I was there. "Please, have a seat."

I pulled up a chair and sat down, across from the two. Milotic was hanging on the man's arm while leaning on him and he was busy doing something on his P-Phone. Just looking at them, they seemed like a couple, though, they really weren't. Nonetheless, I waited with my pad and pen, still looking over my notes. However, then I looked at the pair once again, I had an idea. I could ask them for their take on becoming strong. Yes... even Milotic. I think she's more than just a perfect figure, but also powerful. I mean, Cresselia is a beautiful girl as well and she's powerful.

"Hey guys," I asked. "How do you become so strong?"

"Well… I don't know how she becomes strong, but with me, I just practice my powers every day," he said. "Oh and by the way, Milotic, can you please not hang on my arm?"

'Practice every day…' I thought to myself as I wrote that down on a clean piece of pad paper. Well I do practice my powers, but not every day. Maybe this could be something I could work on. The more practice I have, the more I can accomplish with my even worthless powers.

"Well… practicing, yes but if Vanilluxe was right about one thing, it's that he doesn't know how I became stronger," Milotic smirked as she let go of his arm. "Anyway, pageants aren't just about your looks, but it's also about your powers. Judges pretty much score you based on the way you carry yourself during a battle."

"Wait… you battle… other beauty pageant contestants?" Vanilluxe asked.

"Yep, we do. I've won each and every one of them," she bragged.

Wow, even pageant contestants are very powerful, which makes me even more envious. They are beautiful and powerful, two things I could dream of being. Trust me, if I were both, I would be the happiest girl in the world, seriously. Maybe in the future I'd ask Milotic how she got to look the way she does.

"I see. Anyway, what about your battle? Maybe I could get some inspiration from your brawl," I suggested as I put down my pen.

"Actually, Palkia that's great, but I was wondering if you could be our referee for this fight," Vanilluxe suggested.

You know, that's not a bad idea. If I observe their fight, maybe I could get a better understanding of not only how to battle but on how to be stronger. "Sure!" I exclaimed as I stood up with my pad and pen, flipping to a new page.

They also stood up from their seat as well, distancing themselves about five feet apart. I came a little bit closer to the middle to call the fight. I raised my hand as I started to call it:

"Ready… set… battle!" I exclaimed.

As soon as my hand went down, the battle began.

"I'm gonna get so hard to beat in this battle," the cream haired man bragged as he licked his lips in a mocking manor.

"Oh really?" Milotic giggled.

"Yep," Vanilluxe chuckled. "Let's get this on!"

For her first attack, Milotic bent over and blew an endearing kiss at her opponent. She also flashed her piercing blue eyes at him, making sure that, in the moment, they met his piercing gray eyes. It may not seem like much of a strategy, however, Captivate causes the foe of the opposite gender to let their guard down. So in the process, their special attacks get weaker by two stages. When I looked at her foe, it seemed as if he could feel himself getting weaker by the minute. He just stood there, looking at the pretty teenage girl as if he was in love with her.

Vanilluxe then tore his gaze off the girl and retaliates by using a physical attack. Which was smart on his end because Captivate only lowered his special attack, where as his physical was fine. He used Ice Shard, where his fingers were starting to transform into long dull icicles. He then swiped his hands at his feisty opponent, scratching her face. She doesn't have a great physical defense, however, the attack didn't do much damage due to Milotic being a water type and ice type moves are not so effective on those types.

The blonde haired girl then narrowed her blue eyes as she stuck her right hand right in front of her, trying hard to focus directly on her target. When she did that, she summoned a huge stream of water, from it, so powerful that it knocked her ice type opponent into the table. Hydro Pump was indeed a powerful move. Water type attacks do neutral damage to an ice type; however, since this move's power was 120, it got rid of more than half his battle energy.

"Oh yea? Two can play that game!" the agitated young man said as he got up from the ground and dusted himself off.

He then raised his arms for a few seconds in a high V and then lowered them. Vanilluxe narrowed his eyes as he stared at Milotic hard. All of a sudden, this cold wind picks up from inside the house, wrapping a bit itself around his opponent. I could see a whole mess of snow being carried over by the winds, making itself into a blizzard. As of now, the whole kitchen was covered with about an inch of snow. The wind stopped; however, I could see that Milotic was freezing. I felt bad for her because she as only wearing a bathing suit and having to deal with the snow. Though the Blizzard attack's power was 120, it left a little bit of energy on her part. Had Milotic not used Captivate on her first turn, she would have been history. Smart thinking.

"V-v-v-very f-f-f-funny!" she yelled as she was shivering.

Milotic was so cold, that she couldn't think of what attack to do next. At any rate, it looked like she's got him. I mean, Vanilluxe had less of his HP left, and if her next attack was one that could do neutral damage, he's done for. As she was trying to figure out what to do for her finishing blow, we could hear an angry woman's voice coming closer to the kitchen.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" a familiar voice asked as it made its way to where we were standing.

We all looked toward the hallway and see a woman, looking very angry. She stood there with her arms crossed, narrowing her aqua eyes at Vanilluxe. This girl was very… curvatious to say. She was thin, but she wasn't pageant thin. She was dressed in black, had a somewhat short black t-shirt on along with black pants with her chained weapon wrapped around her hips as a belt. Her black hair was about mid back length and a small part of it was tied with a white bow. This girl was gorgeous, but she was so intimidating, that all I could do was cower at her presence.

"I've told you many times, not to have battles in the house!" she yelled out in a stern voice.

"But, I managed to get the Blizzard to only happen in the kitchen," Vanilluxe said in a voice that sounded like he was aggravated. "I didn't get any of your machinery."

"Still, I've said no battles in the house, Vanilluxe. I've said it many times but you don't listen," she retorted.

He came closer to the upset female and took her hand. "… and I apologize," he started to say. "I promise you, Gothitelle that I will clean up ALL the snow from the kitchen."

"Hm… very well then. I shall leave you to your devices," Gothitelle said as she started to leave out the hallway.

However, before she could do that, I quickly got up from there I was crouching and proceeded to call out to her. "Hey wait!" I called out. I could hear the door opening and closing, however, I was a bit too excited about the events to check out who it was.

She turned around and looked me right in the eye. "What can I do for you, Palkia?"

"I need your advice. You see, I'm on a personal mission to ask all the Pokemon in the top five how they become stronger. I've already asked one of them, so my next stop was you since I already have Dialga," I replied as I put my notes on the table.

"Well Palkia I can guide you, as long as you know that the journey is yours to take. Right now, I have to finish up my work but when I come back, I will help you," Gothitelle said as she shook her head and left.

All I could do is smile, because now I'll be able to get some information from one of the greatest fighters of all time. I began to collect all kinds of questions in my mind. Such as: how do you become so strong? Or, what are the best powers to have? Maybe, an important one would be: as a girl, how did you get to be stronger than most of the guys? So many questions in my head, but, seeing that Gothitelle is a very important and busy woman, I won't bombard her with my childish questions.

"So, anyone want to help an old coot clean up some snow?" Vanilluxe asked as he got out a shovel.

I'll think if smart questions to ask her, after I help Vanilluxe and Milotic clean up the snow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's been sometime since I posted but I have another part to the story, Been busy focusing on the games and where this story is going to go. This chapter has a discussion about the Latios incident so I think I'm supposed to warn you that they are talking about Latios' not so high approval of girls

Wow, if I thought that cleaning up all that snow was easy… I was dead wrong. There was over an inch of snow in this rather small kitchen and picking it up was very hard work. I sat at the table, exhausted and out of breath as I tried to reach for my notes. However, they weren't on the table at all. I frantically scanned the top of the table and rummaging through papers for my note pad, but there was no cigar.

"Where's my notes?!" I whined as I almost started to cry.

Those notes were very important to not only my mission but to my self-confidence. They had everything I've jotted down so far from Latios and I'm going to need to study them along other notes I'd write in the future. In short, I need them to become stronger. When I realized that the key to my path to self-confidence could be missing, I started to cry. However, that was interrupted abruptly by a hand clamping on my arm. A rather chilly hand to be exact. Though, I didn't really have a weakness to ice, it was so cold that I was trying to hard not to twitch.

"Palkia, seriously?" Vanilluxe said in a stern voice.

I looked up at him as he was narrowing his piercing gray eyes at me. From the expression he had on his face, he wasn't all too happy with me. As I looked into his eyes, I felt myself shaking not only out of fear, but from the coldness of his hand. I tried to wiggle my arm from his grasp but he was just too strong to the point where I couldn't even twist my arm around.

"Now, I will tell you that I do NOT tolerate people whining. Alright? Now, think of where on the table you last had your notes. I think maybe they fell down," he suggested as he took his hand off my arm.

Following that, I got up from my seat and knelt to get a better look from under the table. So far, there was nothing, not even dust was around. I crawled under the table to see if there was any place else it would have fallen. I stretched out my arm and felt underneath the table to see if I could feel my note pad. I need those notes, I thought to myself as I kept feeling around for them. Then, I could feel a light tap on my shoulder.

In shock, I quickly got up from under the table and turned around. I saw a young girl, standing there behind me, with my note pad in her hand. However, this wasn't just any little girl. When I looked up at her, I could see Gothitelle. Except for the fact that she had longer hair and wore a light black trench coat dress and wore bow ties on her neck, along her dress and both wrists, she looked just like her. I got up from where I was kneeling and reached for my pad. She gave me my pad and she ran her hand through her hair.

"Here, Palkia. I saw that you were taking notes on how to be stronger, so I was looking at your written page to see if you were getting the right information," the girl said.

"T-thanks, but, how did you know what was my mission?" I asked.

"You had the names of everyone in the top 5 written on the front sheet and you wrote down 'ask for ideas on how to be strong'. So that's how I knew," she replied. "Also I saw that you crossed off Latios' name on your page. So I took it as you already spoke to him since I saw you had a whole page written with stuff he said to you."

Man this girl is smart. Yes it was true, I wrote down their names so that I could remember everyone I was supposed to talk to. I also wanted to keep track, as I said before, of everything that they say to me so that I could look them over and study them. The more I study them the more I could take in the advice given to me an act on it, to make myself and my powers better.

When I opened my note pad, however, I saw that a page was ripped out. An important page to be exact, this was the one where I've written my notes from Latios. And now that it's missing, I start to panic. However, careful not to whine again and annoy a certain ice type Pokemon, I turned to him and the girl and there, I saw that he was holding the ripped page. As he was scanning the page, he looked up at me and raised his eyebrow at me and then looked down to keep reading the page.

"Sorry Palkia, I saw your notes from Latios and I didn't like what I read, so my dad's reading it," the girl said as she looked up at Vanilluxe reading the page.

He then folded the page in half and handed it over to the young girl as he whispered some things to her. As soon she walked away with my page, I quickly got up and tried to run after her. However, I felt, once again, Vanilluxe's cold hand clamping on my wrist. He was trying to keep me from either going into certain parts of the house or chasing after her. Either way, my frustration has gone up quite a bit. This little girl has taken off with my important notes, notes I need to become stronger.

"Sit back down, Palkia," he said in a stern voice.

"But she has my notes!" I yelled as I tried to break free from his grasp.

"Sit. Back. Down. I will explain it as soon as you do that," he said in a more agitated tone.

Hearing that he was going to explain, I did what he said and sat back down on my chair. I was trying to fight back tears as I was waiting for him to tell me. What if this girl doesn't return my page? What is she going to do with it? Those were the questions that were running through my mind at the moment. I was very confused, and so was Milotic as she just sat there in her own chair looking around.

"Now Palkia, I know you're confused and frustrated, but, I've told Gothorita to take the paper to Gothitelle so that she could get a read on it, alright?" Vanilluxe said as he was trying to explain everything to me.

"I understand, but why didn't she like my notes?" I asked.

I was puzzled as to why Gothorita didn't like what she read. I mean, I made sure to listen to Latios as he spoke to me. Maybe I said something wrong or maybe there was a detail he left out. But for whatever reason, I sat there, confused. Latios is a very intelligent man and I think what he says has truth to it.

"So… you talked to Latios?" Milotic asked.

"Yes I did, before I came here. Some drama here and there but I got what I needed from him. Plus he told me that I had potential," I answered.

"Lucky you! He doesn't like me at all," she laughed. "Anyway, I'm sorry, go on."

Vanilluxe got up from his original seat and proceeded to sit in the seat that was on the left side of the table from where I was sitting. Close to me and across from Milotic.

"Now Palkia, after reading those notes of yours, I was pissed to be honest. Not at you, but at Latios. Not only did Gothorita didn't like what she read, but neither did I. I want to tell you that as a man, your gender has no bearing on how strong you can be. You can be as strong as any man if you believe you can. In fact, I'm male and I have two girls who are stronger than me! My own wife and daughter, can you believe it?" he started to chuckle towards the end.

"It is weird that a seven year old could out match a twenty-six year old," I laughed.

"Now then, I would take everything Latios says to you with a grain of salt. I say that because you know that Latios doesn't think highly of girls, right? Hell, he doesn't think highly of his own girlfriend. Like you, he tells her that she has potential, but what it really means is that you have potential to be strong but not as strong as a man. He'll challenge you to battle when you become stronger, but only because he's super confident he could beat you. How do I know? Because he's told Gothorita the same thing some time ago.

He told her that she had potential to be stronger while she was training herself and asked her to battle him when she was strong enough, although she was. So being the strong little girl she was, she challenged him at that very moment. He was hesitant because one she was a girl and two she was very young. But after insisting, he agreed to battle her. Guess what? She kicked his butt, and he was pissed," Vanilluxe said as he was telling his story.

I would understand why Latios would be upset. To be male and lose to a girl is embarrassing, but to lose to a seven year old girl who's more than half your height, what would be enough to not show my face. Especially since if I was very strong. I could sympathize with him on a level but he would have to get over it. In fact, maybe that's the reason as to why when I brought up Gothitelle and Gothorita in our conversation, he dodged it. He was too embarrassed to admit that two girls were more competent than he was.

"I could understand, but he would have to get over it. He's still a man," I replied.

"To be honest with you, I wouldn't say he's a man per say. I call him a guy, he's male but he's too immature to be considered a man. I hate to toot my own horn, but at least I am secure in myself to get over the fact that my wife and daughter are stronger and better battlers than me and not let it bother me. Being a better battler does not reflect what kind of person I am. Or a better example would be Gallade and Charizard. Those guys aren't the strongest guys out there. In fact, if I remembered correctly, you are higher on the list than they are. However, they know that it has no bearing as to who they are as Pokemon," he explained.

That is true. There are some Pokemon who don't care about their placement on the list because they don't let it define them. Heck, there are Pokemon who don't even want to be on the list because of that reason. They don't want to be judged or hurt by their placement and that's okay to. For me, personally, I look at is as progress. Am I getting stronger to a point where I could move up a spot? Would I have people asking me to battle them? If that happened, I would be happy.

"I don't want to take away from my wife's future advice but my point to you is that I think you should inspire to be something more than just someone who can battle well competitively. And if someone says something like what Latios told you, question it. It shows strength mentally to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I respect him as a competitive battler because he gets me going, however, as a person I don't like him. He can be a better Pokemon, but he needs to be secure in himself. So do you, Palkia. You can be strong if you believe you can," Vanilluxe concluded.

Yes, Latios is still stronger however hearing everything I'm hearing, I'm starting to wonder about him. However, if I see him, I wouldn't confront him with this. It isn't my place to do it. Instead, I just thanked Vanilluxe for taking the time to give me advice.

"Changing the subject, since Milotic has been left out," he said as he winked at the blonde haired girl sitting across from him. "If Gothitelle didn't end the battle, who would have won?"

"Well, since you only had under half your HP left, Vanilluxe and it was her go at the time, she would have won the battle," I replied with a smile.

Milotic sprang from her chair, jumping for joy. "Yes! You got beat by a fourteen year old girl!" she said in sing-song.

Vanilluxe just smiled at the teenage girl has he stuck is hand out for her to shake it. As they both shook hands, "Great battle!" he exclaimed.

As we were all laughing along, we could hear the doorbell ring. We all looked at the door, wondering who could be here. Milotic got up from her chair and pranced to the door. I turned back around and just rested my head on the hard surface. All I wanted was to get some advice from Gothitelle at this point and leave. And hope and pray that Gothorita returns with my page. While I was in my train of thought, I could hear a very familiar accent making its way towards where I was sitting. It sounded very annoyed and presumably annoyed at Milotic.

"We meet again, Palkia!" the voice exclaimed as I felt the pressure of someone touching my shoulder.

Years
  • Alrighty yall, this chapter here is casual. So it has some arguments, some relationship talk here and there. And older younger relationship. Also some jabs from Latios on his women talk. As a warning tho, it does have the word "pissed".

I looked up and saw the same tall blue haired man from before, Latios. I just looked up and smiled at him. In a way, I was happy to see him but in a way, I was kind of worried about what he might say or do. I mean, I loved hearing him speak because of his accent and his intellect but as of now, I wasn't sure what he would think of me. He said that I had potential but did he really mean it?

"What's up?" he asked me as he got a lounge chair and set it between Vanilluxe and myself.

"Nothing much, just waiting for someone to give me advice," I replied as I shook his hand.

"From Gothitelle eh? That's nice; anyway, I'm having a battle tournament here. So that's why you happened to run into me again," Latios said as he was smoothing out his hair.

Battle tournament eh? This could be more inspiration right there. Seeing not only the guys' battle but Latios battle as well could give me something to write about, since he happened to be in the top five. I nodded my head in approval as I looked over to my right. I saw that Latios came with another guy, a younger guy that looked around sixteen. He had short but messy off-white hair topped with a small flag-designed beret. He also had a plain red shirt with wings on it and faded blue jeans.

"Hey there," he said to me in a high pitched southern accent. "Yous a friend of Latios?"

"Friend? I say we respect each other, but were not that close," I replied as I twirled my hair. "He said I had potential to be stronger but that's it."

"Ello there, Braviary," Milotic asked as she made her way towards this guy and proceeded to sit on his lap. "Lucky, isn't she?"

All I could do at the moment was smirk. I mean, sometimes Milotic amuses me. She loves to be friendly with everyone she knows and maybe this guy was one of them. Nonetheless, I thought she looked better with him than she did with Vanilluxe. Maybe it was because he was much older than her and this guy looked around her age, I don't know but whatever. As she was sitting on his lap, I could see her looking across the table at the older man, just trying to flash a smile at him. None the while, he just looked at his phone.

"At least she's luckier than what Latios is going to be in this battle," he bragged. "Oh, and hey there, gorgeous."

"Wait, you're battling to?" I asked as I pulled out my make-up pouch from my pocket. With all the people here, I'm sweating to the point where I feel that my make-up is melting off and that's not good.

"Hell yeah! The moment Latios called to challenge me; it was one I couldn't refuse. Oh and also the fact that I never refuse a challenge. Besides, I learned a new move that will kick his butt!" Braviary exclaimed.

'Wow, confident guy…' I thought to myself as I proceeded to retouch my candy apple colored lipstick. I just nodded my head as I heard Braviary brag all about his newfound attack called Crush Claw he's going to use on Latios. I really wanted to laugh at him; I mean Latios is in the top five, he's one of the strongest guys here. So it's almost impossible to beat him and the odds of him beating him were slim to none.

While I was finishing up putting on my lipstick, I could hear the sliding glass door from the back open and close. Whoever came in closed it to the point where it was slammed it shut. Normally I wouldn't pay attention to those things, but the sound of the door closing made it impossible to focus on applying my make-up on. So I glanced over and saw a young girl, forming a huge smile on her face. Her long sand colored hair was tied in two low pigtails which both draped over her shoulders. She had a small yellow tank top on with matching red and brown ragged styled hip huggers, with rips on the brown bottoms of the legs.

Upon seeing her, Latios got up from his seat and walked towards the girl with his arms spread open. She ran towards him, throwing her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. In a way, that reminded me of how I would greet Dialga if I were to see him. Dialga… now I was really starting to miss him. I haven't seen him in about four hours and that's almost the longest we've been apart from each other. We usually don't like to be away from each other so I am hoping that Dialga is alright. Latios and the girl then came over to the spot where he was originally sitting and as he sat down, she proceeded to pull up a chair beside him.

"Oh Palkia, have you met my girlfriend?" Latios asked me as he pointed to his fire/fighting type girlfriend.

I stuck out my hand as a motion to shake hers. "I think I've seen you around before. Gothitelle teaches you, and your name is…" I said as I was trying to remember this girl's name.

She stuck out her hand and proceeded to shake mine with a smile. Though she was a fire type, my skin was okay with the heat. "Blaziken, and yes I've seen you before, By the way, if you ever come by Latios' house again, you'll see me more since I would like to move in with him in secret," she explained.

I glanced over at Vanilluxe, who was rolling his eyes at the conversation. And like Milotic and Braviary, I couldn't help but laugh as well. All I was thinking was that Blaziken was in for a rude awakening when it came to Latias. I hoped that she could handle being disobeyed a lot and not snapping when she slams doors in her face. Yes she is a fighting type and could stand her ground but Latias was defiant to the bone.

'Good luck! 'I snickered inside as I put on my foundation.

All I wanted to do at this point was put on my make-up. If I was going to be around a lot of people, I would need to look presentable, plus I don't go out of the dimension without any make-up on. Without it, I'd look very ugly and old. I had spots on my face and I have a few pimples and I shouldn't be having them. It takes me about four appliances of make-up for me to be fully satisfied with the end result and it's to the point where Dialga would get annoyed. I pulled out my compact mirror from my pouch and opened it. From there, I looked at myself in the small round mirror to admire my work. I was almost happy with the result, just one more appliance of foundation and I was good to go.

"I'm sure you're going to have a great life together," Milotic said sarcastically while she and her friend were snickering under their breath.

"Oh shut up, Milotic!" Blaziken shouted angrily. "Seriously, Little Miss Eye Candy shouldn't be talking."

Milotic started to laugh at the young girl's insult. I knew that she hated being called eye candy but I couldn't help but laugh inside. That is the same line I've heard Latios used when he argued with Milotic. So to hear his girlfriend say it to is funny, considering that Milotic once wanted to be with Latios, but she was quickly shot down from what I understood. Nonetheless, I just minded my own business and slapped on my eye liner. I wanted no part of this argument.

"Man Blaziken, chill," Braviary said as he laughed. "No need to resort to insults."

"I wanted to say something witty but Braviary beat me to the punch," the blonde haired girl said. "Anyway just because I'm beautiful and I've won many pageants doesn't mean I'm JUST eye candy. I'm much more than that, honey. Of course, you're just a kid so you wouldn't know."

As the conversation progressed, I sat there shaking my head and laughing inside. I understood that Milotic was defending herself because she really was more than just a beautiful girl; however she really can't talk about Blaziken being just a kid when she herself was two years younger than her. So that made her a kid as well. I wanted to say something at this point, but I just kept to myself. This was not what I came here for. As they dished it out, I kept looking back and forth at whoever was speaking.

"Which is sad because she has self-respect and you don't," Latios interjected.

Upon hearing that, Milotic had a shocked expression on her face. It looked like as if she was about to cry but was trying her hardest not to. Yes it was annoying when she'd prance around in heels and talk about how she's won so many pageants, however it didn't mean that she has no self-respect. It just meant that she loved herself enough to want to flaunt it and it's not a bad thing. It's just for me, it got annoying since it only reminded me that I lacked those qualities.

"And I have no self-respect because I live by my own rules and I don't let anyone hold me down," she said sarcastically. "That's cool. But I DO have self-respect. I don't need to be like your girlfriend to have that. At least I won't surrender who I am as a person to please anyone like some people."

"At least I have a boyfriend and you don't," Blaziken said in an annoyed tone. "And it's not about changing me; it's about realizing that I have to grow up if I want this relationship to work. Latios doesn't want a girl who does nothing and has him do all the work."

I got up from my chair and began to stretch in boredom. I needed these guys to switch to conversation to something more… you know, fun. I don't want to talk about relationships and hearing them chew each other out on the subject. But I am afraid that if I said stop, than they wouldn't listen to me. What else could I do? I already applied my make-up and admired my work. There was really nothing else for me to do but listen to what was going on.

"All I'll say is that I'm waiting for the right person to come long. As of now I'm alright with not having a partner. Sure I really want to be with Vanilluxe because he's everything I want in a man, but he's married," Milotic said as she got up from Braviary's lap. "That's all and we should stop this."

"Wait, one question," Braviary asked with a look of sadness. "You… you like… Vanilluxe?"

"I LOVE him," the young girl said while blushing madly. "I really do because he was the only one who didn't see me as eye candy. He treated me like a person and that's what I wanted."

As Vanilluxe gave the girl a serious look on his face, I sat back down in my chair, relived that the fight was over. I wanted to hear them talk about their tournament instead of their relationships. As I was looking at them, Milotic walked slowly over to the other side of the table, where the cream haired man was sitting there, in shock. When she asked if she could sit with him, Vanilluxe looked up at the girl and raised his eyebrow at her. To me, he looked pretty uncomfortable letting her sit in the same seat as him now that he seems to know that she loved him. He wasn't sure what to do at the moment. With that, Vanilluxe got up from his chair and proceeded go into the hallway without saying a word.

"So Palkia, while we were all fighting, you were just caking on the make-up and checking yourself out," Latios said with a smirk. "Typical female Pokemon, you."

"Well, I wanted to look presentable and not scare anyone," I laughed. "Plus, I didn't want to talk about relationships but rather wanted to hear about your battle tournament."

Latios pulled his chair closer to the table and proceeded to put his hand over mine, which caused Blaziken to give him a weird look. "I wanted to tell you about that. I was going to discuss it only with the guys, but I want you to be there as well. So you're going to be the only girl there in on the conversation," he said with a smile. "Plus I have some tasks for you relating to the battle."

'Ooh wow…' I thought to myself as I just sat there, nodding at him. It made me feel special to know that I'm the only girl who's going to be at this conference the other guys are going to have. Plus, having tasks to do only made my mission more exciting. So far I've been lucky. I escaped a messy situation at school, Latios said that I had potential and now I'm at Gothitelle's house, with advice so far from not only her husband but a famous beauty queen. All I needed was the second strongest Pokemon, which she would be with me in a moment. Wow am I a lucky kid. However, Blaziken was not happy...

Back