• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Voyage [T]

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2012
Voyage [T] [Closed]

VOYAGE

If there were anything to tell, I'd certainly tell it. Thing is, I don't remember getting here.

Am I mad?
Am I dead?

I only know this: twenty minutes ago, I awoke on the deck of a ship with a hammer in my hand and odd green liquid all over my arms. Weird, right?

It gets weirder.

I took a few moments to examine the ship. It's huge—the mast reaches frighteningly high, and it's a long ways from bow to stern. Now, I'm no nautical expert, but I'm pretty sure boats are supposed to float on the water. But as I gained my bearings, I realized that this one is flying through the sky.

I don't know how this happened.
I don't know what to do.
All I can do is be thankful I'm not alone.

I tested their pulses. They're not dead, just sleeping. I don't know why they're here with me, these people, and I don't know why they're covered in the same green fluid as my arms. Maybe they'll know something. Remember something.

Wake up.

___

Characters

Viktor
Armon
Cathy
Bradley
Alexandria
Lodovico
Marcus
Nomti

___

Note:
This roleplay is extremely story-driven. It is also rather concise, so if you're looking for what might be described as a short burst of energy, Voyage could be for you. The entire plot is already set from start to finish, but it certainly allows for deviation on the part of player characters! Just keep in mind that the role play will be highly structured.

Some notes regarding character creation:
• No one aboard the ship remembers anything regarding their current situation.
• Your character is one of the sleeping people on the deck of the boat. The roleplay begins as you wake up and the story unfolds from there.
• Get creative with your abilities! Feel free to try weird stuff. The whole story is weird! I'll be sure to let you know if you go overboard, haha.
• You won't be a master of your power from the beginning. You'll need to slowly discover its workings and nuances in order to train it.
• Voyage will be a lot more fun with lots of characters! I promise you'll enjoy yourself, so come and join!

Name
Anything! Many characters have fictional names in this world.

Preferred age is 14 – 30, but as you can tell, it's flexible.

Talent
Don't be thrown off by the name. This is your super power of sorts. Stay away from overpowered abilities, but don't settle for boring one-trick-ponies. See if you can come up with something with several applications—maybe even some practical ones! Voyage isn't only about fighting. Keep in mind that you won't have full control of your ability from the start.

Appearance
Height, weight, body type, facial features, and the like. You don't choose your character's clothes--all characters start off wearing only a black wetsuit. Just give me a feel of what distinguishes your character among a crowd.

Personality
I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity. Don't bother with filler. Even a list of defining traits will do! The way I see it, personality will be fleshed out through the actions of your character.

Biography
Again, just tell me what I need to know. Important events, interesting experiences, and so on. No minimum paragraph requirement. You're done when you've got nothing else to write!

Writing Sample
I usually don't do this, but I think the nature of the sign up criteria calls for it. The rest of the sign up will take precedence over this, but I do want to know that you can write well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2012
Yeah, absolutely.

If you have any questions, throw 'em out there. I realize the set-up is a little vague! Still, that's really the only way it could have worked.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2012
You got it.

I'll be posting an example sign up in pretty short order. It might clarify a few things!

Important note:
My thinking is that a character should develop an identity during the story itself. Instead of writing a long description, consider providing springboard details that will flower through the actions of your character within the roleplay! I've found that demanding long sign up sheets can result in static characters, so instead I'm experimenting with simplicity. Now, keep in mind that this doesn't give license to abandon creativity (quite the opposite!), and I'll still be judging these with a keen eye. I'd just like you to focus on feeling rather than length. Give it a shot!

Name
Viktor

Talent
None (I'm going to have to request that the rest of you include a power here, actually. Sorry, haha)

Appearance
5'10", 180 lbs, white. Light brown eyes, prominent dark eyebrows, and dirty blonde hair buzzed straight off. His face is rugged, but he doesn't quite have a beard. He has a hooked nose, thin lips, and oddly sharp teeth. A blue "y" symbol is tattooed on his left shoulder. He is fairly built, but not enough to give off any kind of weight-lifter vibe.

Personality
Viktor is insecure, optimistic, eager, and stricken with an inferiority complex. He will seize any opportunity to prove his worth. He is good at taking orders and makes friends easily as a result of his innate acquiescence. He thinks too much and has grown to harbor an intense dislike of himself for his obedience to others. Feelings of hatred are never directed outwards, however. He finds ways to blame himself for every adverse situation.

Biography
Viktor has always been pretty uninteresting. He's the kind of guy his friends call "the perfect wingman". His loyal nature has pigeonholed him into a supporting role all his life. Objectively speaking, he never had a bad life. He did well in school and has supportive, loving parents. But he never had a girlfriend. He never had a best friend. He never did anything spectacular. He has long sought the opportunity to remake himself in a new time, a new place.

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Hope this is works well.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2012
Yep, sure thing. I don't foresee a surplus of applicants, so there's no need for anyone to reserve. Just go ahead and post up your character when you've got it done.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
So here is my SU! I present to you...

Bradley Warren
Man of No Words

Spoiler:

can i be an exemption to one of your rules? :)

Last edited:

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Name
Cathy Collins

Talent
Radar eyes. Basically, she has improved vision and can detect abnormal happenings and life forms within the radius of one mile, and identify them. This power grants her the ability to shoot with pinpoint accuracy. She can also remain unblinking for hours on end, even underwater.

Appearance
Fairly tall, standing at 5'9". She has an hourglass figure, and a very pale complexion. Her wavy, jet black hair reaches her shoulders. She has no bangs, so as not to block her vision. Her nose is small but pointed, her eyes are brown and slightly slanted. Round face, no visible cheekbones, but still well-defined. Simply put, to most people, she is a very beautiful person.

Personality
Stoic, cold and generally passive, Cathy is the type to blend into the background until the time for action arrives, in which she will become the very definition of the word aggressive. She rarely voices her thoughts, but when she does, it will usually be in a rude and patronizing way. She has a very simple mindset; it is to strive to beat the strong, and to look down on the weak.

Biography
Cathy was born as the seventh of seventh, with six older brothers. Her mother died giving birth to her, so she grew up as the only girl in the family. Her father was a lieutenant in the army, and the Collins family lived by the strict military code Mr. Collins was accustomed to, and harsh punishments awaited them should they break any rules contained within it.

The Collins were very well-trained in gunmanship, with all six brothers sent to the military and earning places as officers. Cathy, being the only female, did not show an interest in her family's militaristic pursuits and treated gunmanship as a hobby more than anything else. Amongst the Collins, Cathy was easily the best gunman, being able to hit targets with pinpoint accuracy no matter how far they were. Naturally, her family has egged her on to join the army, but she promptly refused all offers, standing by her first decision to just treat gunmanship as a hobby.

Writing Sample
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I really have no specific idea about the talents. Are they powers or just something that a person can do or have that's better than the average human's? For now...I'll stick to a power, since we have people who can see stuff over a mile away or so..

Name: Alexandria De Los Angeles

Talent: Alex has Telekinesis, or the ability to manipulate objects. Although she's a beginner and a newbie at this, she can only move objects a mere one inch. She has plenty to practice to master complete control, but she in under way either way. In order to do this, she has to clear her mind and think of the object and order it around.

Appearance: Alex is a very small, slender yet muscular girl. She's 5'6", weighing around 120 pounds. Her hair is black, reaching to her elbows. They start to show the breaks and messy parts once past her eyebrow. Her eyes are dark emerald in color, her facial expressions usually melancholic and emotionless. Her bangs can cover her eyes, but fall between them instead. She also has bangs that frame her face that are of the same length. Alex's face rarely changes, her common expression being neutral frowns that everybody mistakes as her being depressed. Her skin is tan, although she recently got pale due to being indoors too much.

Personality: Alex is a very quiet and reserved girl, never sharing information of opening her mouth unless spoken to or under dire situations. Unlike her brothers or sisters, she's very direct and sincere, although she's actually shy and doesn't like to show it. She was blessed with the flexible body she has, since she loves parkour and can do any athletic trick, including front flips and splits. Music is very important to her, and she tends to listen to every detail. To her, people don't matter unless they interest her, in which she will keep an eye out for. Smiles for her aren't very important, and she rarely, probably never, smiles. If she does, then never in public. The only thing she's afraid of is water. She can't swim. Of course, she loves the moon, black, darkness, dark forests, spiders, and everything a person would consider "gothic-like." Actually, she tends to think negative most of her time. One thing everybody notices right away is how intelligent she is, since she has a love for science and nature. You could call her an animal lover, since she has a soft passion for strange animals like spiders, ravens, mice, and especially bats. Bats are her favorite animal.

Biography: Alex was born to a family of five: Two brothers, her, and her two parents. Being the oldest, she was given all the chores to do. In fact, since her two brothers were used to do all the labor for extra money, she was the only child going to school. Her father was serious about Alex getting an education, so he pushed her plenty for her to go far. It didn't take long until she graduated from High School at the age of 17, which wasn't much at the time. Her two brothers were polar opposites from her, but very different. One was the shy kid who had the heart of gold{Alexander}, while the other was nice as well, but solved problems using violence and fists{Alejandro}. Alejandro died when Alex had just turned 13, giving her the reserved and melancholic personality she has today. Alexander is two years younger than her, and currently works as a Mechanic.

Writing Sample:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2012
Great! I'm happy with all three.

@miltankRancher: Bear in mind that you won't begin the roleplay with all of these facets of your ability. Perhaps mind-reading and mind-control can come later after some practice!

Regardless, you're all accepted.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2012
I'd love to get just one or two more people before we start. KoboraX is still working on his, presumably, so we've got at least one more character coming.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
Name: Lodovico "Vico" Silvio

Talent: Pyrokinesis. He can create fire at will by thinking about it heating up until it combusts. However, it isn't the power of "making fire" it's the power of "making heat". It can be used to cook food, prevent cold related sicknesses etc.

Appearance: Vico is about 5"5 feet tall. His physique is somewhere between thin and average, leaning closer to average. His arms are also quite small, not quite skin and bones, but noticeable. His hands are also very smooth. This would probably be due to the manual work he never does. His skin is rather pale shade. Not completely pale, but still noticeable. His hair is jet black, moderately short and rather straight. Vico also makes sure it doesn't sag onto his face at all. He needs his physical appearance to stay as perfect as it can be. And finally, his eyes are a dark shade of brown.

Personality: Vico likes things to be perfect. He always tries to make sure things are done right. He doesn't like failing and will make sure that all necessary precautions are taken so that things can be as good as they can possibly be. He also likes to give his all and then some. He'll give 200% and then give 210%. This ties in with his perfectionism, he will put his sweat, blood and tears into things. When he starts something he always makes sure to finish it. He's also pretty smart. He always thinks critically and outside of the box. He always tries to find new and creative ways to solve his problems so that everything he does can be, you guessed it, perfect.

Although, Vico is quite bossy. The ultimate example of 'My way or the highway'. Although he does like things to be perfect, this has caused him to always want to take the helm and make sure no one does anything wrong. Also, he's pretty cocky and a little pretentious. He's always sure that he will be the one that comes out on top. He'll always expect that victory will always be right in his fingertips. He's also a bit of a snoop. He's always trying to act like Sherlock Holmes at any given interval. When he finds something that perplexes him, he'll go find out what it is, whether it's his business or not.

History: Vico was born and raised in a nice, high-class house. His younger childhood was always happy, filled with joy and life seemed sweet as honey. It felt like retirement about seventy or so years early. Vico was also the was the fourth of four children. They were all quite successful in what they did. Always getting As, bringing home trophies, always being that sort of ideal family that you always wish your apart of because it would seem nice. Being the the last of several, highly successful siblings, he always felt that he had a goal in life, a goal that he needed to meet before his life ends.

A goal which he decided not just to meet, but to surpass, 10 fold. He was always determined from his goal of wanting to reach the high level of his siblings. That level of meeting perfection, and then finding a way, some way to get above perfection. And to get there, a single mistake would do nothing other than hold him down, so he always made sure that he would get used to making sure everything around him is perfect and that he takes any precautions to make sure it stays that way. But going to school in pre-teens, he saw that perfection wasn't in the minds of everyone so he always took it upon himself to make sure things stayed perfect. And honestly, it seemed like he was on his way. He was no disgrace to his family, he always tried and he always succeeded. He felt as if victory would always be a stone's throw away.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I had to redo my SU since my computer failed.

Name
Tyrant Storm

Talent
Tyrant can tranfsorm into a elemental dragon with a body of different elemental types (depends on what he last had in effect before reverting to human form) with not so long arms, and a dragon snake type hybrid tail thing. The problem is that it won't last too long, and Tyrant will end up tired and will need to sleep. Tyrant also has different dragon elements that he gains when he comes into contact with some type of thing that could possibly create a new type of element for Tyrant to use.

Appearance
Tyrant stands at about 5'5, and around 168 pounds. He's mostly built from training as a kid. Tyrant has deep green eyes with long hair, reaching to about mid-back, silver in color, and some of it falls over his shoulders. His skin is tanned.

Personality
Tyrant normally doesn't normally talk to people, and only speaks when he needs to. It may not seem like it, but he does care for his friends, and would risk his own life just to save them. Tyrant thinks he doesn't deserve any credit for anything at all since he thinks it would sound selfish. He can seem mysterious with the cloak he wears, but underneath that, he's a good friend you can trust. He just can't make friends easily without screwing up. Although, for the most part, Tyrant's personality depends on the color of dragon flame he had in effect after reverting to human form. It also changes the color of Tyrant's cloak.

Biography
Tyrant grew up as every average kid would. Go to school, spend time with friends, go home. Tyrant spent time at home in his room, lifting weights he took from his dad's room, or studying. Tyrant's mom was a scientist, and she wanted Tyrant to be as smart as her. Tyrant's dad was a professonal boxer, and he wanted Tyrant to be stronger than the other kids. While Tyrant's mom wasn't busy, they normally to the boxing matches Tyrant's dad was in. Tyrant couldn't ask for anything better...mostly. The thing Tyrant wanted most of all was a friend. Just one friend.

Writing Sample
From Teen Heroes + Introduction of Tyrant's green dragon flame

"This was no accident. Somebody with lightning powers did this, but who? Nobody I know has lightning powers. But this place is most likely gonna burn down soon. I need to find a way to remove that tree." Tyrant said, walking into the next room. He found a suspicious file about himself written and arranged by somebody who knows everything about him. "What the hell? Who wrote this? It looks so...advanced." Tyrant siad before the building started shaking, indicating it would burn down soon. "Not much time left. Looks like I'm doing this in a different way." Tyrant said before stepping in a strange, green liquid. He fell to his knees, and something awoke inside him. His body turned to flames, but the fire was green, and Tyrant felt really different. "Huh? Green fire? This is new. But it may be useful." Tyrant said, walking back to the front door, still blocked by a tree. "Mabye this green fire could do something for me. But...I'm feeling weird again. Like a transformation is coming on." Tyrant thought before going full dragon, but rolled up into a ball. "What the!? I'm a dragon ball? This is insane! But I guess I can use this to my advantage. I feel much faster in this form. Mabye I can bash this tree away." Tyrant thought, rolling away, then rolling back at full speed with enough force to bash through the entire tree. He was still in ball form, back in the burning forest. "There. Free at last. I better get out of this forest, and back to the truck. Luckily, I got this new flame. I can get to the truck much faster now." Tyrant said, rolling off to get out of the forest. When he got out, Tyrant reverted to normal, and got back in the truck, parked near a few charred clown cars. He drove off, and reached the school in an hour. He parked the truck somewhere near the THU, where the mystery man was waiting. "Good. You brought the stuff. Here. Go get yourself a coffee or something in the morning. You deserve it." the mystery man said as Tyrant got out of the truck, handing him about 200 dollers in cash. "Wait, you're paying me...for stealing?" Tyrant asked, suprised. "You earned it. Now, go to sleep. I have more work for you in the morning." the mystery man said, walking away.

Last edited:
Back