The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Casting
Pokémon Fallout (OOC/SU)

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 4th, 2012 (1:55 AM).
In SPACE!

Nature: Timid
    Send a message via AIM to Kid Mind Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kid Mind
    I'm a bit confused too, but I just want to meet up with anyone really.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 4th, 2012 (1:49 PM).
    You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
    @ Kid Mind: I don't mind meeting up with your character. We're both headed towards Children's City, so it makes sense to join together. Problem is, my character hasn't exactly left the forest, and yours seems to be a few days outside Eterna. So I don't know how to make it work.
    Old March 4th, 2012 (3:53 PM).
    Pokemon Professor
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
    @SeekerOfDarkness: One thing I learned from past roleplays is that trying to make time work ICly is difficult and about as fun as watching paint dry, while gagged and tied up. That's like, specifically why I make time vague; it's like a party crasher. That one jerk logistic that makes everything lame unnecessarily.

...So yeah. Time skip to where they meet if you want. It's not as if you can't write posts that take place in the past or future or say a post happened in the past if you really want to get complicated.

Also, have I missed anyone's SUs?

It's been a long time since we crossed paths over spcae-time~
    Old March 4th, 2012 (4:05 PM).
    Not a beginner that's for sure
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
    Are SU's closed? Sorry I haven't been able to finish mine. I've only been free enough, and PC's only been working for me long enough, to kind of make just a quick post everyday instead of work on these bios.

Hope there's still room for Spencer.
    Old March 4th, 2012 (4:11 PM).
    Christina - Crossroads
    • Silver Tier

I think she's closed SUs for the people who hasn't reserved a character, meaning that if you -have- reserved, you're still allowed to join.
    Old March 4th, 2012 (4:12 PM).
    Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

@Yellow, I made a second character you just missed like a boss. XD

And @Kiklion, SUs aren't closed last I checked, but you might have to make something up for the IC absence.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
      Old March 4th, 2012 (5:45 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
        @SeekerOfDarkness: One thing I learned from past roleplays is that trying to make time work ICly is difficult and about as fun as watching paint dry, while gagged and tied up. That's like, specifically why I make time vague; it's like a party crasher. That one jerk logistic that makes everything lame unnecessarily.

...So yeah. Time skip to where they meet if you want. It's not as if you can't write posts that take place in the past or future or say a post happened in the past if you really want to get complicated.

Yes, PkmnTrainerYellow. You missed mine.
        Old March 4th, 2012 (6:11 PM).

Quote:

You skipped me XD im soooo confused
          Old March 5th, 2012 (9:17 AM). Edited March 5th, 2012 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
          Pokemon Professor
          • Crystal Tier

@Kiklion: No sir! Sign ups are eternally open because there are unlimited spots in the roleplay. I'll probably be saying this at least 100 more times before the year ends

@Sir Bastian: How in the world did you come to that? O_o;

@TornZero, Bassiroth, and Rafael: Thanks. Now I can just thread search you guys to find them.

EDIT: Alright. Here's the verdict.

@TornZero: Your SU is mostly fine, however there is mention of handcuffs that can restrain a pokespirit. There are several issues there. One being that such is not within the accepted standard of adults being virtually helpless should a pokespirit wielder decide to actually attack them in a serious manner. Two being pokespirits were created in a fashion meant to make them impossible to take away from their "trainers" in any way shape or form as a retaliation against the virus that is still present in the air, to the point that they are literally just a part of their host after fusion albeit sentient. Thus, it should be impossible to restrain a pokespirit individually.

@Bassiroth: You have not completely filled out your SU. o_o You're missing your choice of 6 moves, which is essential if you intend your character to be a remotely good fighter, as improvised combat is assumed to be significantly weaker and less accurate.

@Rafael: Hmm? I apparently already approved you. Not being on the accepted character list is a completely different issue, but I'll go fix that.

Old March 5th, 2012 (9:21 AM).
          Christina - Crossroads
          • Silver Tier

... Oh. I just assumed that you had said you were closing up SUs, and thought that was the source of Kik's confusion XD My bad!
          Old March 5th, 2012 (9:23 AM).
          In SPACE!

Nature: Timid
            Send a message via AIM to Kid Mind Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kid Mind
            Ahh...the power of time skipping. Glad to know that we can do that! Thanks for the info Yellow! :D
            Old March 5th, 2012 (9:27 AM).

Here, Yellow. Mine and Bassiroth's SUs. And Rafael p was just wondering why he isn't on the Accepted Characters list.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
              Old March 5th, 2012 (9:40 AM).
              Pokemon Professor
              • Crystal Tier

Time flies~ Anyway, yeah. Here. I'm off to fix stuff. I'll be appending an "other" field on the SU templates to help make it more clear that people can think outside the box if they please. If any of you guys wish to give your characters quirks in hindsight, now's the time to ask.

Quote:
              @TornZero: Your SU is mostly fine, however there is mention of handcuffs that can restrain a pokespirit. There are several issues there. One being that such is not within the accepted standard of adults being virtually helpless should a pokespirit wielder decide to actually attack them in a serious manner. Two being pokespirits were created in a fashion meant to make them impossible to take away from their "trainers" in any way shape or form as a retaliation against the virus that is still present in the air, to the point that they are literally just a part of their host after fusion albeit sentient. Thus, it should be impossible to restrain a pokespirit individually.

@Bassiroth: You have not completely filled out your SU. o_o You're missing your choice of 6 moves, which is essential if you intend your character to be a remotely good fighter, as improvised combat is assumed to be significantly weaker and less accurate.

@Rafael: Hmm? I apparently already approved you. Not being on the accepted character list is a completely different issue, but I'll go fix that.

Old March 5th, 2012 (9:40 AM).
              Space elves FTW

Quote:
                @Kiklion: No sir! Sign ups are eternally open because there are unlimited spots in the roleplay. I'll probably be saying this at least 100 more times before the year ends
                We'll see about that <insert evil laugh> now to created enough SUs to populate a city then we will see if there is a limit.*

*Only joking I don't have that much time or want to spend that much time just to mess with someone... I'm not that evil.

Actually I've been considering making a human character (who is good) to help give the adults more character than evil children kidnappers. Well some humans... so you can't at least brush them all with a broad "we evil" brush.
                Old March 5th, 2012 (9:48 AM).

Fix'd that up. Just removed and reworded a few things in the history.

Old March 5th, 2012 (10:19 AM).
                  Pokemon Professor
                  • Crystal Tier

@Stingray: Adults are intended to seem extremely desperate, which they understandably are, not evil. They may come off as evil because we live in a much better world than the one in Pokemon Fallout. However, the adults in this RP are starving individuals that have probably gone most of their lives not seeing any way out of death at an early age either through murder, malnutrition, or disease. There are exceptions, but the problem is that before pokespirit wielders nice guys tended to wind up six feet under, leaving you know who to populate the world.

At the end of the day they want to put pokespirit wielders to work because that strength could potentially save/improve humanity, not for some diabolical plot against children. But yeah, if you noticed there's a normal human template that allows you to play an adult and there are no restrictions beyond the fact that you must understand that if it comes to combat there's virtually nothing you can do against a pokespirit wielder.

@TornZero: Very well then. Approval Get!

Old March 5th, 2012 (10:22 AM).

Alright-y then! First post, take two. Lights, camera, action!

And I think a kindness-out-of-desperation adult would be refreshing when every other is pretty murderous. You know, one who just plain knows he can't win, so he tries to get on the kids' good sides.

Old March 5th, 2012 (10:26 AM).
                    Christina - Crossroads
                    • Silver Tier

*Holds up a lamp with one hand and a handheld camera with the other*
                    Old March 5th, 2012 (4:03 PM).
                    Glass Cannon

Nature: Quirky
                      So. Allegra continues to make her escape from the confines of Eterna City. Is there anyone she could bump into? I know that Spider, Alessa, and Serena are currently in Eterna, right? Maybe Allegra could run into one of you?

Though she did just escape out of the cells and now Alessa/Serena are getting put into them. Bit of a predicament. Maybe there are cells on different floors of the same building?
                      Old March 5th, 2012 (4:17 PM).

Or you broke out shortly before they arrived. Time warps ftw!

Old March 6th, 2012 (11:41 AM).
                        Pokemon Professor
                        • Crystal Tier

@TornZero: That's the spirit! |D Also, there are definitely 'kind' adults out there. But you remember how I mentioned that even the kids shouldn't be saints right? It's because the world pushes people to do awful things. Keeping your health up with a vegetarian diet is extremely difficult when it's hard to get food at all, let alone the specific kinds you need for various nutrition for instance. Death is unfortunately a powerful motivator.

Regardless, you don't need to portray NPC adults as evil. That's completely unnecessary. One must just keep in mind that the majority (at least 90%) are /not/ saintly. There is the possibility of adult communities that are less morally depraved, as there were many of these in the past. However, the larger, corrupt communities tend to see them as dragging humanity down, resulting in war being highly probable. And the larger communities that don't hold back have always won those.

As of today, the underground is ironically the easiest place to find an adult of such a nature, as any other community would be secretive (including small groups/individuals within Eterna), whereas the underground does not judge.

Old March 6th, 2012 (8:44 PM).

@PkmnTrainerYellow:

Actually my move list was there the whole time. It was stuck between the Personality part and the line that tells ya to give the RP example. Note pad spacing between lines on the thing between an actual Double Enter Space is hard to tell on the notepad program for some odd reason.

Anyways. I added the spaces between the spots where needed so if you go back and read it again you can better see where the power list is.
                          Old March 7th, 2012 (6:13 PM). Edited March 7th, 2012 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
                          Pokemon Professor
                          • Crystal Tier

@Bassiroth: Aaah... I was looking for them in the wrong place. I always make sure everything is filled out before I check for quality. Very well then--approved.

@Everyone: I've just gotten my wisdom teeth removed. Unfortunately it's probably going to take me days to recover at the minimum, and while this means I've cleared my schedule for the next few days it also means that me getting on is going to be somewhat more difficult. Nevermind the fact that my laptop still has not been replaced, making it more difficult.

Regardless, if I can get on the computer, you can be sure I'll be dealing with anything here first and foremost. So it shouldn't cause any large problems.

Also, Lucy is officially going to be placed in Eterna City.

Hailey and Arcea are approaching the underground. Approach away, if you wish.

Old March 7th, 2012 (9:52 PM).

so where is everybody ICly?
                            Old March 8th, 2012 (12:20 PM).

Location: In your pantry, eatin' your delicious cake.
                              Right now Alessa, Aiden and Scarlet are all in Eterna City's jail, Allegra broke out of it beforehand. *Time warps*

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links