Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old March 15th, 2012 (5:40 AM).
twistedpuppy's Avatar
twistedpuppy twistedpuppy is offline
Siriusly Twisted
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Nature: Timid
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post


Aww man, why didn't I think of doing Horsea! Was this captured or bred though? If it was captured we need words please! <3
It's in a dive ball and level 20. No way it was bred. ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
Congratulations, twisted, and welcome to the Club! Glad I could nag you enough to join Well, not really... you kind of just joined on your own, which is even better!



It was captured, but in HGSS, I believe.

EDIT: My latest abuses from my new save in Platinum:


Starly ♂ Lv. 2
OT: Hoshi | ID: 22222
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Keen Eye
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Tailwind, ***
Non-Redis


Starly ♂ Lv. 2
OT: Hoshi | ID: 22222
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Keen Eye
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Tailwind, ***
Non-Redis


Heatran (Heatran) ♂ Lv. 50 ★
OT: Hoshi | ID: 22222
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 30, 10, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Metal Sound, Crunch, Earth Power, Lava Plume
Non-Redis


Giratina (Giratina) ♁ Lv. 47
OT: Hoshi | ID: 22222
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31, 16, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Ominous Wind, AncientPower, Dragon Claw, Shadow Force
Non-Redis
Thank you Mac! And nice captures. I see they're all OT Hoshi. Familiar OT. >.>

Relevant Advertising!

  #152    
Old March 15th, 2012 (7:01 AM).
RingoH's Avatar
RingoH RingoH is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 273
    Morning All!!! I've worked two double shifts this week, and have another double shift today so I don't think I'm going to have time to complete this challenge. *cry*

    Here's what I'm aiming for if I find time on my dinner break [not likely]
    I'm trying to breed a Pichu with Volt Tackle. Since I do my breeding on Diamond I traded a Pickachu with Volt Orb from my HeartGold over. I have a Ditto with a perfect HP, and 29 in SA. I have a Raichu with 29 in Speed. I haven't picked a spread out that I like yet. But I'm going for a Jolly nature just because. And I care more about Shiny than the final IV combination. I'll keep you all posted. I get out at 11PM tonight, so I may just be coming in under the wire.

    Congrats everyone on your recent RNG's.

    Cheers, Ringo
      #153    
    Old March 15th, 2012 (7:11 AM). Edited March 15th, 2012 by Cordelia.
    Cordelia Cordelia is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Aug 2011
      Nature: Sassy
      Posts: 9,755
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by loucas View Post
      did my TID
      took me three times to get it right. the reporter's telling me wrong initial frames

      ID:00331

      also did my starter
      Slick the Snivy

      Lv. 05
      OT:Loucas ID:00331
      31/31/30/31/22/31

      thanks to blade and mac for some pointers
      Congratulations! It feels good to RNG abuse your starter

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by twistedpuppy View Post
      Thank you Mac! And nice captures. I see they're all OT Hoshi. Familiar OT. >.>
      Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I named her after Hoshi Sato from Star Trek Enterprise

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
      Morning All!!! I've worked two double shifts this week, and have another double shift today so I don't think I'm going to have time to complete this challenge. *cry*

      Here's what I'm aiming for if I find time on my dinner break [not likely]
      I'm trying to breed a Pichu with Volt Tackle. Since I do my breeding on Diamond I traded a Pickachu with Volt Orb from my HeartGold over. I have a Ditto with a perfect HP, and 29 in SA. I have a Raichu with 29 in Speed. I haven't picked a spread out that I like yet. But I'm going for a Jolly nature just because. And I care more about Shiny than the final IV combination. I'll keep you all posted. I get out at 11PM tonight, so I may just be coming in under the wire.

      Congrats everyone on your recent RNG's.

      Cheers, Ringo
      Uh oh, good luck in getting it done in time! I know how working a lot is though Take it easy.

      EDIT: I present my 200th RNG abuse... and since it's such a special occasion, I wanted to do something special (and not the most moral). I injected this Wondercard into my Soul Silver <.<


      Mew ♁ Lv. 5
      OT: FAL2010 | ID: 10160
      Nature: Bold
      Ability: Synchronize
      IVs: 31, 6, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 70
      EVs: Untrained
      Moves: Pound, ***, ***, ***
      Not For Trade
        #154    
      Old March 15th, 2012 (8:44 AM).
      greg0915's Avatar
      greg0915 greg0915 is offline
      Tomorrow is a new day
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2011
      Location: England
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 546
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
      I present my 200th RNG abuse... and since it's such a special occasion, I wanted to do something special (and not the most moral). I injected this Wondercard into my Soul Silver <.<


      Mew ♁ Lv. 5
      OT: FAL2010 | ID: 10160
      Nature: Bold
      Ability: Synchronize
      IVs: 31, 6, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 70
      EVs: Untrained
      Moves: Pound, ***, ***, ***
      Not For Trade
      Congratulations!!! on this monumental achievement!!! You are a real pro now!

      This has to be the hardest pokemon i've ever tried to capture!!! Then i accidently pressed the run away button instead of Bag and 1 1/4 hours was wasted! but after about another hour and a half i finally managed to capture this fine beast!


      Giratina Lv.70
      OT: George | ID: 17771
      Modest | Pressure
      31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
      Shadow Force, Heal Block, Earth Power, Slash
      Turnback Cave | Non-Redis
      __________________
        #155    
      Old March 15th, 2012 (9:23 AM).
      Cordelia Cordelia is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Aug 2011
        Nature: Sassy
        Posts: 9,755
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
        Congratulations!!! on this monumental achievement!!! You are a real pro now!

        This has to be the hardest pokemon i've ever tried to capture!!! Then i accidently pressed the run away button instead of Bag and 1 1/4 hours was wasted! but after about another hour and a half i finally managed to capture this fine beast!


        Giratina Lv.70
        OT: George | ID: 17771
        Modest | Pressure
        31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
        Shadow Force, Heal Block, Earth Power, Slash
        Turnback Cave | Non-Redis
        Thanks! Giratina is a real birch though, omg. I hated capturing him both times And knowing me I might do more xD
          #156    
        Old March 15th, 2012 (1:43 PM).
        LegendaryFSK's Avatar
        LegendaryFSK LegendaryFSK is offline
        I control my own fate.
           
          Join Date: May 2011
          Location: Idaho
          Age: 29
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 82
          Here is my latest RNG. Wanted to catch it in a premier ball but I kept running out of them and got tired of restarting. lol.



          Kyurem No. 646 | Level 75
          Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
          Timid | Pressure | 31 15 31 31 31 31
          Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Imprison | Endeavor
          __________________


          Black FC: 1163 5272 5840
            #157    
          Old March 15th, 2012 (1:45 PM). Edited March 15th, 2012 by Cordelia.
          Cordelia Cordelia is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: Aug 2011
            Nature: Sassy
            Posts: 9,755
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LegendaryFSK View Post
            Here is my latest RNG. Wanted to catch it in a premier ball but I kept running out of them and got tired of restarting. lol.



            Kyurem No. 646 | Level 75
            Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
            Timid | Pressure | 31 15 31 31 31 31
            Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Imprison | Endeavor
            Nice Kyurem! I know what you mean, though... that catch rate of 3 is awful. I've had to restart many times due to being stubborn and wanting it in a certain ball!

            EDIT: I've been a very busy, but naughty boy! Three more injected Wondercards. Next up is Deoxys-A. All are in 4th Gen.


            Celebi ♁ Lv. 50
            OT: WIN2011 | ID: 2211
            Nature: Bold
            Ability: Natural Cure
            IVs: 31, 8, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
            EVs: Untrained
            Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
            Not For Trade


            Jirachi ♁ Lv. 5
            OT: SMR2010 | ID: 6260
            Nature: Careful
            Ability: Serene Grace
            IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
            EVs: Untrained
            Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest, Draco Meteor
            Not For Trade


            Shaymin ♁ Lv. 30
            OT: Oblivia | ID: 3060
            Nature: Timid
            Ability: Natural Cure
            IVs: 31, 6, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
            EVs: Untrained
            Moves: Growth, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Synthesis
            Not For Trade
              #158    
            Old March 15th, 2012 (7:36 PM).
            loucas's Avatar
            loucas loucas is offline
            100% hot
               
              Join Date: May 2009
              Location: philippines
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 245
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by LegendaryFSK View Post
              Here is my latest RNG. Wanted to catch it in a premier ball but I kept running out of them and got tired of restarting. lol.



              Kyurem No. 646 | Level 75
              Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
              Timid | Pressure | 31 15 31 31 31 31

              Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Imprison | Endeavor
              i'm gonna do Kyurem soon too, well after i finish my new game T.T
              i want it shiny, that purple looks awesome, don't know what ball though, maybe another dive ball.
              __________________

              BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
              WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
                #159    
              Old March 15th, 2012 (7:51 PM).
              RingoH's Avatar
              RingoH RingoH is offline
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2012
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 273
                Last minute but I got it!!!

                Pichu - Male
                Jolly
                Egg bred
                IVs: 31 / 28 / 26 / 31 / 31 / 29
                Moves: Thunder / Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave /Volt Tackle

                With only 10 minutes to spare...
                  #160    
                Old March 16th, 2012 (5:05 AM).
                何贤豪's Avatar
                何贤豪 何贤豪 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2012
                  Posts: 258
                  ... ... ...Thanks for everyone who worked everything out for me, but I have a bigger problem. Hitting the delay. I've tried this about 2 times using a certain spread and I could never hit it right. I'm sure I had done the seconds correctly, but I could never hit the delay correctly. And about timers...I can't enter the game in the second when the timer drops down to 0 and with lots of different information on calibration, I can't decide what to put inside the Calibrated Delay/Seconds...and I still don't know how to get rid of my occasional fluctuating seconds rate. And Target Seconds and Delay...you'd put the targeted seconds and delay rate you need to hit in there, right? Any recommendations on how to hit a delay correctly? I know that this would be a long shot, since people hit different delays and have their own ways, but I'll give it a shot. And about BW RNG Abuse for Wondercards...I don't get this part.

                  • Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame.
                    • In most cases, it will be the first frame, after you calculate the initial PIDRNG frame.
                  • In RNG Reporter, enter your seed and select Wondercard (5th Gen) to see the possible IV spreads.
                  • Calculate the amount of advances you need to do to hit the target frame with the following formula:
                  (Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) = Advances Required

                  • Hit your seed again, do the required advances, and verify your Pokemon.
                    • Adjust accordingly.
                  Can someone clarify this part for me (make it easier to understand)? And also...for Shiny Wondercard ones. I also don't understand this part...


                  1. Search for Wondercard seeds with the frame range 60-100, with any nature selected.
                    • Wondercard IVs and PID / Nature are based off the PIDRNG completely. No Mersenne Twister RNG is used.
                  2. Once you have a vast array of seeds, test each one out to see if you are able to hit that frame due to the initial offset of the game.
                    • This is done by pressing the Calculate Initial Frame Button.
                    • All possible target frames must be at least 2 frames after the initial frame.
                  3. Now look at your target frame, and second frame directly after your target. Is your desired nature on this frame?
                    • If no, throw away that seed.
                    • If yes, keep that seed as a potential target.
                  4. Once you have narrowed down your seeds from RNG Reporter to one(s) that have your target nature frame and seed, find out how many advances you need to do.
                  (Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) - 3 = Advances Required

                  Detailed Information on Shiny Wondercards:
                  • It takes more than the usual amount of frames to calculate a Shiny PID.
                  • Since the lastest RNG Reporter update (9.81) was published before we had knowledge of the Shiny Wondercard method, you will have to take a little bit more time to abuse.
                  • The game generates a Shiny PID with the "Current Seed" and Card IDs.
                    • Since the game generates the IVs before PID, the IVs are predictable.
                    • However, the game generates nature after the PID.
                    • The trick of this is that the subsequent frame will have the nature.
                  Can someone clarify this one as well (make it easier to understand)? Thanks and I'm sure you'll just ask me to see the page saying this again.
                    #161    
                  Old March 16th, 2012 (5:05 AM). Edited March 16th, 2012 by johnny18.
                  johnny18's Avatar
                  johnny18 johnny18 is offline
                  Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2009
                  Location: California
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 1,023
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LegendaryFSK View Post
                  Here is my latest RNG. Wanted to catch it in a premier ball but I kept running out of them and got tired of restarting. lol.



                  Kyurem No. 646 | Level 75
                  Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
                  Timid | Pressure | 31 15 31 31 31 31
                  Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Imprison | Endeavor
                  Congrats. Kyurem is my fav <3

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
                  Can someone clarify this one as well (make it easier to understand)? Thanks and I'm sure you'll just ask me to see the page saying this again.
                  If this is your attitude then don't bother to come here to ask for help again. Do you know how many times we have to read the guide before we ask others for help?
                  __________________
                    #162    
                  Old March 16th, 2012 (5:23 AM).
                  Cordelia Cordelia is offline
                  Banned
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2011
                    Nature: Sassy
                    Posts: 9,755
                    RGF, the easiest way to find your calibrated delay is to enter 500 (HGSS) or 600 (DPPT) and then adjust your timer by typing in the delay hit box the the delay that you actually hit. Then, hit update. It will change your calibrated delay. Keep doing this until you are 2-6 delay off of your target and then you should eventually get it. I don't know what to do about the "fluctuating second" since I've never actually tried that.

                    For 5th gen wondercards, just go to the E4 Pokemon Center. Then, you start with the initial PIDRNG frame that RNG reporter gives you (will be correct 99% of the time if you go to the E4 Pokemon Center). Then just chatter to your target.

                    Challlenge #4: RNG your favorite Pokemon of the fire type!
                      #163    
                    Old March 16th, 2012 (6:46 AM).
                    何贤豪's Avatar
                    何贤豪 何贤豪 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2012
                      Posts: 258
                      Okay then...I'll keep pretty much everything in mind. And okay. I should read the guide again to understand the things I have problems with? Is that actually it? Well, the guide may be a bit problematic to me, but I'll try. (I don't really know much on RNG)
                        #164    
                      Old March 16th, 2012 (8:47 AM). Edited March 16th, 2012 by LethalTexture.
                      LethalTexture's Avatar
                      LethalTexture LethalTexture is offline
                      Breeder and Battler
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2007
                      Location: Colchester, United Kingdom
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 2,287
                      Thats for everyone's help, particularly TwilightBlade. I realised where I was going wrong; i was trying to match the frame given on the Timefinder screen to one on the PIDRNG screen. i was following TBs guide that she posted in another thread but as that one was going off simply a normal wild encounter, I was going in blind.

                      However, I gave up on Zekrom because whatever I did, I just couldn't get it right. So I abandoned Zekrom and went straight onto the other stationary legendaries. I'm pleased to report I got:

                      Cobalion (Shiny, Jolly), 31/31/31/9/31/31

                      on my first attempt. :D
                      __________________

                      VGC and OU Singles Battler / @LethalTexture
                      FC: 1547-5175-5150

                        #165    
                      Old March 16th, 2012 (9:07 AM). Edited March 16th, 2012 by Cordelia.
                      Cordelia Cordelia is offline
                      Banned
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2011
                        Nature: Sassy
                        Posts: 9,755
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
                        Thats for everyone's help, particularly TwilightBlade. I realised where I was going wrong; i was trying to match the frame given on the Timefinder screen to one on the PIDRNG screen. i was following TBs guide that she posted in another thread but as that one was going off simply a normal wild encounter, I was going in blind.

                        However, I gave up on Zekrom because whatever I did, I just couldn't get it right. So I abandoned Zekrom and went straight onto the other stationary legendaries. I'm pleased to report I got:

                        Cobalion (Jolly), 31/31/31/9/31/31

                        on my first attempt. :D
                        Congratulations! What a wonderful first RNG, if I may say so myself. I hope to see many more from you. Of course if you ever need more help feel free to ask.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
                        Okay then...I'll keep pretty much everything in mind. And okay. I should read the guide again to understand the things I have problems with? Is that actually it? Well, the guide may be a bit problematic to me, but I'll try. (I don't really know much on RNG)
                        You just need to focus on one type of RNG and get it down. Right now you are way too broad which is what I think is confusing for you.
                          #166    
                        Old March 16th, 2012 (11:31 AM). Edited March 17th, 2012 by oocyst.
                        oocyst's Avatar
                        oocyst oocyst is offline
                        SOFTware
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2011
                        Location: The Netherlands
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 386
                        Did the challenge! Not my all time favourite but still one of them.


                        Flareon
                        Guts|Adamant
                        31|31|31|6|31|31
                        Helping Hand|Curse|Wish|Yawn

                        And did this one (it's the same but w/e)


                        Leafeon
                        Chlorophyll|lvl 2.|Adamant
                        31|31|31|6|31|31
                        Helping Hand|Curse|Wish|Yawn

                        EDIT: They turned out to be off but I got them right now :)
                        __________________

                        [23:02:31] thoughts: shut up christos
                        [23:02:33] oocyst: christos shut up
                          #167    
                        Old March 16th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
                        twistedpuppy's Avatar
                        twistedpuppy twistedpuppy is offline
                        Siriusly Twisted
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2008
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 1,372
                        Here's my sexy challenge. Best fire type imo.

                        Houndour
                        Male | Timid | Flash Fire | Lv.15
                        Howl | Ember | Smog | Roar
                        31 | 23 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 [HP 70]
                          #168    
                        Old March 16th, 2012 (1:35 PM).
                        LegendaryFSK's Avatar
                        LegendaryFSK LegendaryFSK is offline
                        I control my own fate.
                           
                          Join Date: May 2011
                          Location: Idaho
                          Age: 29
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 82
                          Challenge complete. Chimchar is actually my second favorite fire type, but since I RNG'd Growlithe for the first challenge, I decided Chimchar would work just fine for this one.



                          Chimchar | Level 1
                          Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
                          Naive | Blaze | 31 31 31 31 31 31
                          Scratch | Leer | U-Turn | XXXX



                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
                          Nice Kyurem! I know what you mean, though... that catch rate of 3 is awful. I've had to restart many times due to being stubborn and wanting it in a certain ball!

                          EDIT: I've been a very busy, but naughty boy! Three more injected Wondercards. Next up is Deoxys-A. All are in 4th Gen.


                          Celebi ♁ Lv. 50
                          OT: WIN2011 | ID: 2211
                          Nature: Bold
                          Ability: Natural Cure
                          IVs: 31, 8, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
                          EVs: Untrained
                          Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
                          Not For Trade


                          Jirachi ♁ Lv. 5
                          OT: SMR2010 | ID: 6260
                          Nature: Careful
                          Ability: Serene Grace
                          IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
                          EVs: Untrained
                          Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest, Draco Meteor
                          Not For Trade


                          Shaymin ♁ Lv. 30
                          OT: Oblivia | ID: 3060
                          Nature: Timid
                          Ability: Natural Cure
                          IVs: 31, 6, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
                          EVs: Untrained
                          Moves: Growth, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Synthesis
                          Not For Trade
                          Thank you, but yeah, that catch rate can get very annoying. Love the Celebi and the Shaymin...they are two of the very few grass types that I actually like.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by loucas View Post
                          i'm gonna do Kyurem soon too, well after i finish my new game T.T
                          i want it shiny, that purple looks awesome, don't know what ball though, maybe another dive ball.
                          Thank you. Dive ball would be perfect for Kyurem, you should go for it. Hopefully you have better luck with the catch rate than I did. Took me forever.


                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
                          Congrats. Kyurem is my fav <3
                          Thank you. Kyurem is my favorite 5th gen legendary for sure.
                          __________________


                          Black FC: 1163 5272 5840
                            #169    
                          Old March 17th, 2012 (4:59 AM).
                          Cordelia Cordelia is offline
                          Banned
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2011
                            Nature: Sassy
                            Posts: 9,755
                            I completed my challenge with something you might not expect. I injected this into my Entralink Forest on my Black. :3


                            Torchic ♂ Lv. 10
                            OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Ability: Speed Boost
                            IVs: 31, 31, 31, 29, 31, 31 Dark 59
                            EVs: Untrained
                            Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember
                            Not For Trade
                              #170    
                            Old March 17th, 2012 (9:05 AM). Edited March 17th, 2012 by LethalTexture.
                            LethalTexture's Avatar
                            LethalTexture LethalTexture is offline
                            Breeder and Battler
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2007
                            Location: Colchester, United Kingdom
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 2,287
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
                            Congratulations! What a wonderful first RNG, if I may say so myself. I hope to see many more from you. Of course if you ever need more help feel free to ask.
                            Thank you once again; I've now added a 31/31/31/9/31/31 Jolly Shiny Terrakion to that Collection, and a Timid Shiny Virizion that, I can't remember the exact IVs, but they're all in the 30s and equate to Hidden power Rock 70. So really pleased with those. :D

                            Took me three tries to get the Virizion to appear, but terrakion was a first try again.
                            __________________

                            VGC and OU Singles Battler / @LethalTexture
                            FC: 1547-5175-5150

                              #171    
                            Old March 17th, 2012 (9:18 AM).
                            Cordelia Cordelia is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2011
                              Nature: Sassy
                              Posts: 9,755
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
                              Thank you once again; I've now added a 31/31/31/9/31/31 Jolly Shiny Terrakion to that Collection, and a Timid Shiny Virizion that, I can't remember the exact IVs, but they're all in the 30s and equate to Hidden power Rock 70. So really pleased with those. :D

                              Took me three tries to get the Virizion to appear, but terrakion was a first try again.
                              Wow that's great. Soon you'll move onto wild pokemon abuse and the sky's the limit from there!
                                #172    
                              Old March 17th, 2012 (1:06 PM).
                              TwilightBlade's Avatar
                              TwilightBlade TwilightBlade is offline
                              All dreams are but another reality.
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: May 2007
                              Location: Florida
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Female
                              Posts: 6,675
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
                              Thats for everyone's help, particularly TwilightBlade. I realised where I was going wrong; i was trying to match the frame given on the Timefinder screen to one on the PIDRNG screen. i was following TBs guide that she posted in another thread but as that one was going off simply a normal wild encounter, I was going in blind.

                              However, I gave up on Zekrom because whatever I did, I just couldn't get it right. So I abandoned Zekrom and went straight onto the other stationary legendaries. I'm pleased to report I got:

                              Cobalion (Shiny, Jolly), 31/31/31/9/31/31

                              on my first attempt. :D
                              Hooray! Congrats on the other legends. See, it's not so hard once you figure out what you're doing. xD

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by twistedpuppy View Post
                              Here's my sexy challenge. Best fire type imo.

                              Houndour
                              Male | Timid | Flash Fire | Lv.15
                              Howl | Ember | Smog | Roar
                              31 | 23 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 [HP 70]
                              Love this! I was thinking about how cool a Houndour in a Lux ball is the other day. :)

                              Here's what I've been working on recently in gen 5. Mienfoo was a BP. Pansage is for a St. Patrick's giveaway. Volcarona is for the fire challenge. I bought 65 Dive Balls and she got in the first one! teh bubbles!


                              Mienfoo ♀ ★
                              OT: Alice ID: 57098
                              Naive | Regenerator | Hidden Power
                              Pound | Baton Pass | Knock Off | Low Kick
                              31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31


                              Shamrock the Simisage ♂ ★
                              OT: Alice ID: 57098
                              Timid | Gluttony | Hidden Power
                              Nasty Plot | Leaf Storm | Focus Blast | Hidden Power
                              31 | 22 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31


                              Volcarona ♀
                              OT: Alice ID: 57098
                              Timid | Flame Body | Hidden Power
                              Silver Wind | Quiver Dance | Heat Wave | Bug Buzz
                              31 | 2 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31
                              __________________
                                #173    
                              Old March 17th, 2012 (8:02 PM).
                              何贤豪's Avatar
                              何贤豪 何贤豪 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2012
                                Posts: 258
                                Wow, this place has a lot of good RNG abuses...
                                I'd like to do one and I kinda understand now, but I need some aesthetic advice. I'd like to catch a Ditto...which ball should I use? Quick Ball or Great Ball? Or should I use another kind of ball?
                                Thanks!
                                  #174    
                                Old March 17th, 2012 (8:39 PM).
                                johnny18's Avatar
                                johnny18 johnny18 is offline
                                Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
                                • Silver Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2009
                                Location: California
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Lonely
                                Posts: 1,023
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
                                Wow, this place has a lot of good RNG abuses...
                                I'd like to do one and I kinda understand now, but I need some aesthetic advice. I'd like to catch a Ditto...which ball should I use? Quick Ball or Great Ball? Or should I use another kind of ball?
                                Thanks!
                                Pink Ditto = Heal Ball
                                Shiny Ditto = Dive Ball :D
                                __________________
                                  #175    
                                Old March 17th, 2012 (10:32 PM).
                                何贤豪's Avatar
                                何贤豪 何贤豪 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2012
                                  Posts: 258
                                  ... ... ...Pink Ditto? Ditto's purple. (What should I use?) And also...if I were to RNG abuse a Legendary Pokemon (this is actually an aesthetic issue again), should I just use a Master Ball? Or should I use other balls? Well, I prefer the Master Ball because I'm tired of catching Legendary Pokemon with other balls (unless if it has an effect that makes the catch rate higher). I already have 12 Master Balls ready for the legendary Pokemon!
                                  Closed Thread
                                  Quick Reply

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:22 PM.