The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed POKEMON: Dark Rising

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #526    
Old August 4th, 2012 (1:44 AM).
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros tajaros is offline
Hi I'm dawg
     
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Philippines
    Age: 18
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 857
    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

    Now I see noone bothered to read my post :/
    I mentioned the same things as you did :/ Oh well...
    But what I wanted to say is that I agree with this part of your post.
    This was what I forgot to mention!
    Maps really do look too similar to original Fire Red ones.
    But I still believe that great story, which this hack really has, can beat the other flaws
    Thanks, for the criticism ASH493 I'll fix those now won't take long until I'm finished, also Why the maps look the same from FR because we currently don't have a mapper well atif was our mapper b4 but he canceled his assistance to the hack.

    Oh and ASH493 nice team you got there they all look awesome! xD
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #527    
    Old August 4th, 2012 (2:23 AM).
    Tetra's Avatar
    Tetra Tetra is offline
    Fumes Of Fury
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 1,088
    I just started playing this hack and it is awesome.
    My team is:
    Gible, Lv. 16
    Staravia, Lv. 14
    I just got out of Twist Woodlands. :)
      #528    
    Old August 4th, 2012 (3:44 AM).
    Zortac's Avatar
    Zortac Zortac is offline
    League Champion
       
      Join Date: Apr 2012
      Location: Cork,Ireland
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 68
      Awesome hack, DarkRisingGirl, and I can't wait for the next release.
      I would like to be mapper from August 21st because I can't do it now.Is that Okay?
      __________________







      -Past Works
      -PM me
      -VM me!
      -Capumon:BlackGranite X:Origins
      -Creator of this awesome sig
        #529    
      Old August 4th, 2012 (4:02 AM).
      tajaros's Avatar
      tajaros tajaros is offline
      Hi I'm dawg
         
        Join Date: Apr 2012
        Location: Philippines
        Age: 18
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 857
        Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by chipsoft View Post
        Awesome hack, DarkRisingGirl, and I can't wait for the next release.
        I would like to be mapper from August 21st because I can't do it now.Is that Okay?
        Just for you to know you can just PM/VM DarkRisingGirl if you want to help or apply here...

        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279212...

        Also I already send the updated patch with all the events fix to DarkRisingGirl now will just await for her to post it here on the thread...
        __________________
          #530    
        Old August 4th, 2012 (5:02 AM).
        Ach7AC's Avatar
        Ach7AC Ach7AC is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 146
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

          Now I see noone bothered to read my post :/
          I mentioned the same things as you did :/ Oh well...
          But what I wanted to say is that I agree with this part of your post.
          This was what I forgot to mention!
          Maps really do look too similar to original Fire Red ones.
          But I still believe that great story, which this hack really has, can beat the other flaws
          Eh, I thought DRG already fixed most of what you saw wrong, considering the constant patching. But anyway, yeah, the game seems to progress in the same manner as Gen. I. Not sure if intentional or not, but it reminds me of Quartz.

          @tajaros:
          Mapping is pretty easy, actually. Try looking at the Map Review section and learn the do's and don'ts of what makes a good map. The only problem is how it often takes hours just to make a single good map.
            #531    
          Old August 4th, 2012 (6:03 AM).
          Tetra's Avatar
          Tetra Tetra is offline
          Fumes Of Fury
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2009
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 1,088
          I have messaged DRG to ask her if I can be a mapper again, hopefully I get the spot. :D
            #532    
          Old August 4th, 2012 (10:01 AM).
          DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
          DarkRisingGirl DarkRisingGirl is offline
          Order Must Be Restored
             
            Join Date: Dec 2011
            Location: N/A
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 722
            I just uploaded the patch Tajaros worked on all last night. I haven't tested it out Yet, but he has redone All of the events that weren't working properly. So they should work now. I don't know if it requires players to restart their games or not. If you have Any questions or Still having problems concerning Events & Scripts, please contact Him by PM & he'll surely get back to you within the day or the next. I'll be inactive til late next week as I'm going on a small vacation with some friends before college classes start up again next month. So Tajaros is in charge until then. If he's working on another update to fix any problems you encounter while playing, I'll still be available to upload it.

            About the Maps, I was going to map Nummasity City(The first city in the next beta. Alot of interesting stuff is planed for that place. Just think of that city in BW with the musical/theater/etc. You'll also get your bike here) & post a screenshot of it. I'll let you guys vote on it. If you don't think it's good, I'll get a mapper to map the rest of the game. If you think it's good, I promise I'll step up my mapping skills for every route/city & improve alot of areas. So I'll let the viewers decide the faith of the maps.
            __________________
              #533    
            Old August 4th, 2012 (1:55 PM).
            Lucifer-san's Avatar
            Lucifer-san Lucifer-san is offline
            Shop Owner of Kourindou
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2010
            Location: Kourindou
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 166
            Yo! Say! Ho!

            Just stopping in after finishing the beta......I think I did but eh that's beside the point or is it..? But gotta say the beta was pretty amazing some errors here and there but eh its beta 1 so it'll improve. All I have to say is Good Job!

            My Team:
            Dragonite/Claire: Lvl 63
            Ninetails/Kyuubi: Lvl 58
            Zebstrika/Spark: Lvl 52
            Victini: Lvl 50
            Venasaur/Saur: Lvl 48
            Staraptor/Star: Lvl 45

            Can't say that im not expecting the next beta to be awesome but the future is not written in stone so Good Luck.

            With my rhymes I annihilate, then I shall obliterate.
            __________________
            Hacks I Support:




            "Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."



              #534    
            Old August 4th, 2012 (2:01 PM).
            tajaros's Avatar
            tajaros tajaros is offline
            Hi I'm dawg
               
              Join Date: Apr 2012
              Location: Philippines
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 857
              Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
              Eh, I thought DRG already fixed most of what you saw wrong, considering the constant patching. But anyway, yeah, the game seems to progress in the same manner as Gen. I. Not sure if intentional or not, but it reminds me of Quartz.

              @tajaros:
              Mapping is pretty easy, actually. Try looking at the Map Review section and learn the do's and don'ts of what makes a good map. The only problem is how it often takes hours just to make a single good map.
              I am already mapping my own hack though, DRG says I can only do the scripts and she'll take care of everything else, Well atif should be back mapping Pokemon DR! xD

              Oh and guys have you found any errors on the updated patch yet?
              __________________
                #535    
              Old August 4th, 2012 (2:21 PM). Edited August 4th, 2012 by Mochorro.
              Mochorro's Avatar
              Mochorro Mochorro is offline
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2011
                Location: Spain
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 246
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by tajaros View Post


                I am already mapping my own hack though, DRG says I can only do the scripts and she'll take care of everything else, Well atif should be back mapping Pokemon DR! xD

                Oh and guys have you found any errors on the updated patch yet?
                I am having a lot of problems with the new updated patch. thing that I don't know if are normal or not. I have no Pokémon, and, after I wake up at home, and go down stairs, I suddenly appear in Mystic Falls, here:



                As I have no Pokémon, I find myself fainting and returning home after a wild Pokémon battle. I got back to home, and I received the Running Shoes. Then, I went back to my room, and went down stairs, appearing again in Mystic Falls. I went down, and this happened: an event activated, and I battled one of those important trainers, with Spiritomb, this trainer, and I have no Pokémon yet!




                However, apparently, after fainting again, things begin to go well, I don't know, I'll have to see. I return home, and I continue being in the same town after leaving.

                And I few more things:



                You can't walk here:



                After the grunt puts you apart, you appear here:


                "evryone":



                OAK's mentioned:

                __________________
                Pokémon Trial Black will be coming soon! Explore Unova again in a challenging adventure with multitude of changes!

                Hacks I support (I support most of them these are my favourite ones or ones I've put a lot of time on!):

                Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon XG, Pokémon Gaia, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
                  #536    
                Old August 4th, 2012 (2:33 PM). Edited August 4th, 2012 by tajaros.
                tajaros's Avatar
                tajaros tajaros is offline
                Hi I'm dawg
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2012
                  Location: Philippines
                  Age: 18
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 857
                  Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
                  I am having a lot of problems with the new updated patch. thing that I don't know if are normal or not. I have no Pokémon, and, after I wake up at home, and go down stairs, I suddenly appear in Mystic Falls, here:



                  As I have no Pokémon, I find myself fainting and returning home after a wild Pokémon battle. I got back to home, and I received the Running Shoes. Then, I went back to my room, and went down stairs, appearing again in Mystic Falls. I went down, and this happened: an event activated, and I battled one of those important trainers, with Spiritomb, this trainer, and I have no Pokémon yet!




                  However, apparently, after fainting again, things begin to go well, I don't know, I'll have to see. I return home, and I continue being in the same town after leaving.

                  And I few more things:



                  You can't walk here:



                  After the grunt puts you apart, you appear here:


                  "evryone":

                  Oh sorry I forgot to edit the warp in the stairs...

                  I did that when I was fixing something the newer patch will be released shortly...

                  Edit:

                  Since DRG is out for a while I can't edit the download link in the first page so here's the patch with all those errors pointed out are fixed!

                  Here's the patch
                  Pokemon DR.zip

                  Also the backsprite has been messed up for some mysterious reason and it's the male again

                  So for everyone to enjoy the hack please pick the HEROINE!

                  Major problems with the Hero are unaccesible Trainer Card and messed up backsprite...

                  Well point some errors that you found on the patch so I can fix tham!
                  __________________
                    #537    
                  Old August 4th, 2012 (6:13 PM).
                  Nicole Peterson's Avatar
                  Nicole Peterson Nicole Peterson is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2012
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 4
                    I just played and its really fun! I am currently making my hack and you've gave me alot of inspiration for the things you've done on your hack. Great Work!
                      #538    
                    Old August 4th, 2012 (11:43 PM). Edited August 5th, 2012 by Mochorro.
                    Mochorro's Avatar
                    Mochorro Mochorro is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2011
                      Location: Spain
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 246
                      Ok, I picked the heroine this time. There is something odd with the warp after going downstairs, though. I am using the version you uploaded a few hours ago. Now I don't appear in Mystic Falls, but here:



                      It's still home, but is it supposed to be that way? I don't think so...

                      I have found another bug, one that does not let you continue playing. If you jump here:



                      You can't move here:



                      I like the game so far, here is my team in Lavaburn path:



                      EDIT: OMG, A SHINY MINCCINO!!

                      __________________
                      Pokémon Trial Black will be coming soon! Explore Unova again in a challenging adventure with multitude of changes!

                      Hacks I support (I support most of them these are my favourite ones or ones I've put a lot of time on!):

                      Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon XG, Pokémon Gaia, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
                        #539    
                      Old August 5th, 2012 (1:11 AM).
                      Justin262's Avatar
                      Justin262 Justin262 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 19
                        After I defeat entei and ash leaves my game freezes
                        __________________


                          #540    
                        Old August 5th, 2012 (1:28 AM).
                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                        Memento Mori
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Calm
                        Posts: 14,447
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by tajaros View Post


                        Thanks, for the criticism ASH493 I'll fix those now won't take long until I'm finished, also Why the maps look the same from FR because we currently don't have a mapper well atif was our mapper b4 but he canceled his assistance to the hack.

                        Oh and ASH493 nice team you got there they all look awesome! xD
                        Yahoo, finally someone read my post! Banzai! xD

                        @Mochorro: You lucker xD

                        @Justin: Have you talked with Entei or it has frozen after the battle?
                        __________________
                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                          #541    
                        Old August 5th, 2012 (1:40 AM). Edited August 5th, 2012 by DrFuji.
                        Justin262's Avatar
                        Justin262 Justin262 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 19
                          @Ash it froze after ash left the place i did not talk to entei

                          :( i saved pretty far away

                          lv 40 shelgon,swampert,elektrik,blastoise,venasaur,accelgor

                          And btw do u have any better darmanitan back sprites mine looks horrible and it's fire type moves suck =/
                          __________________


                            #542    
                          Old August 5th, 2012 (4:56 AM).
                          tajaros's Avatar
                          tajaros tajaros is offline
                          Hi I'm dawg
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2012
                            Location: Philippines
                            Age: 18
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Timid
                            Posts: 857
                            Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Justin262 View Post
                            @Ash it froze after ash left the place i did not talk to entei

                            i saved pretty far away

                            lv 40 shelgon,swampert,elektrik,blastoise,venasaur,accelgor

                            And btw do u have any better darmanitan back sprites mine looks horrible and it's fire type moves suck =/
                            Have you used the latest patch?

                            Those errors you found today will know be fixed!
                            __________________
                              #543    
                            Old August 5th, 2012 (8:36 AM).
                            Nixon1 Nixon1 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2011
                              Posts: 56
                              Tajaros do you have to start over for the patch to work? My entei event still isn't working at the end I have a save before I enter the entei cave and it still shows that it has been done already when I enter. ps. I tried to continue on and a certain special event after you battle someone in the next town isn't working either. This is after I patched it with the new fixes. I can try restarting, but do you know anything I can try before I do?
                                #544    
                              Old August 5th, 2012 (2:10 PM).
                              tajaros's Avatar
                              tajaros tajaros is offline
                              Hi I'm dawg
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2012
                                Location: Philippines
                                Age: 18
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 857
                                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Nixon1 View Post
                                Tajaros do you have to start over for the patch to work? My entei event still isn't working at the end I have a save before I enter the entei cave and it still shows that it has been done already when I enter. ps. I tried to continue on and a certain special event after you battle someone in the next town isn't working either. This is after I patched it with the new fixes. I can try restarting, but do you know anything I can try before I do?
                                Well my advice is to restart cause I have them working on the newer pacth...
                                __________________
                                  #545    
                                Old August 5th, 2012 (2:58 PM).
                                Ach7AC's Avatar
                                Ach7AC Ach7AC is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 146
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Justin262 View Post
                                  @Ash it froze after ash left the place i did not talk to entei

                                  i saved pretty far away

                                  lv 40 shelgon,swampert,elektrik,blastoise,venasaur,accelgor

                                  And btw do u have any better darmanitan back sprites mine looks horrible and it's fire type moves suck =/
                                  Darmanitan's Fire-type moves suck because without the Physical/Special split, all Fire-type moves are special. Darmanitan also has a terrible special attack of 30 (For reference, that's about 2/3rds of Igglybuff's S.ATK.) There are two ways DRG can remedy this. Either by implementing the split and giving Darmanitan moves such as Flame Wheel and Fire Punch, or by implementing its Zen Mode (Which has a whopping S.ATK of 140.)
                                    #546    
                                  Old August 6th, 2012 (1:10 AM).
                                  godlesplay godlesplay is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2011
                                    Posts: 269
                                    I finished beta and here my team ( I'm not using Victini xD )

                                      #547    
                                    Old August 6th, 2012 (1:28 AM).
                                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                    Memento Mori
                                    • Gold Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 14,447
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
                                    Darmanitan's Fire-type moves suck because without the Physical/Special split, all Fire-type moves are special. Darmanitan also has a terrible special attack of 30 (For reference, that's about 2/3rds of Igglybuff's S.ATK.) There are two ways DRG can remedy this. Either by implementing the split and giving Darmanitan moves such as Flame Wheel and Fire Punch, or by implementing its Zen Mode (Which has a whopping S.ATK of 140.)
                                    Gotta agree with implementing Zen Mode or Zen Mode stats =)
                                    But I don't really mind since Volcarona and Victini are better fire types =)

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
                                    I finished beta and here my team ( I'm not using Victini xD )

                                    Poor Victini :D
                                    __________________
                                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                      #548    
                                    Old August 6th, 2012 (1:34 AM). Edited August 6th, 2012 by tajaros.
                                    tajaros's Avatar
                                    tajaros tajaros is offline
                                    Hi I'm dawg
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2012
                                      Location: Philippines
                                      Age: 18
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Timid
                                      Posts: 857
                                      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
                                      Ok, guys here's another update, With all the errors you pointed out in the latest patch...

                                      Pokemon DR B1.zip Again pick the HEROINE!! xD

                                      Also the backsprite and trainer card of the Male (Hero) character is not yet fixed but I will fixed them eventually... So pick the Heroine for safety...

                                      Well just notify me of errors...
                                      __________________
                                        #549    
                                      Old August 7th, 2012 (1:38 AM).
                                      DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
                                      DarkRisingGirl DarkRisingGirl is offline
                                      Order Must Be Restored
                                         
                                        Join Date: Dec 2011
                                        Location: N/A
                                        Gender: Female
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 722
                                        Hey Everyone, I uploaded the newest patch to the main post. Tajaros re-did all of the scripts that weren't working properly and I inserted a few new trainer sprites. Also, the Hero is safe to pick now as his backsprite is fixed again. We're still waiting for Jambo51 to teach us how to repoint the trainer card sprite, but for now, the latest fixes are in the main post.

                                        Tajaros is still in charge of the thread til I return later this week. When I do, progress on Beta 2 will begin now that the most important errors are fixed. Tajaros also added small improvements on maps in Beta1 as well which are in the update on the main post. Enjoy, Everyone!
                                        __________________
                                          #550    
                                        Old August 7th, 2012 (2:30 AM).
                                        KingKevin13's Avatar
                                        KingKevin13 KingKevin13 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2010
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 14
                                          is there an ips patch to this hack
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:25 AM.