Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of Pokéwood?
YES!!!!! I <3 it! 17 68.00%
No, please go back to contests 2 8.00%
I don't partically care for contests, musicals, etc. 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 20th, 2012 (2:54 AM).
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post

Basically it's a facility that allows you to make Movies, at the moment the only movie shown that you can make is basically a Tokusatsu movie, aka, think Power Rangers or Super Sentai, you can change the movie's outcome via different dialogue choices and then participate in battles.
    Doesn't sound half bad! Thank you for the reply!

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 20th, 2012 (11:31 AM).
    Banned

Nature: Bold
      Pokéwood is a huge improvement over the musicals, which I always thought were very stupid. I will actually participate in them, unlike contests or musicals.
      Old May 26th, 2012 (3:43 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Peeta View Post
        Pokéwood is a huge improvement over the musicals, which I always thought were very stupid. I will actually participate in them, unlike contests or musicals.
        Err... *ignores their username...* I always liked the original contests and I agree on your opinion on the Musicals. I actually went into the musicals 5 times, then stopped. I got all the Master Contest Ribbons in my Emerald Post-Game except for the "Smart" one. Then in my Pearl I did the Super Contests and liked how they redid it with these nice, little mini-games and how they implemented the touch screen.
        You know, all the sideline stuff involves competition in the Arts. I look forward to the Movies in Pokewood.

Also, they'll probably let us connect on Wi-Fi and let us see each others movies. That'll be fun.
        Old May 28th, 2012 (8:31 AM).
        just a guy
        • Silver Tier

There's only so much we know and have seen about Pokéwood, yet it already looks and sounds a whole lot better than Musicals. I'm pretty excited about it, and I like the idea of being able to create our own Pokémon movies since I'm a TV/Movie addict. On paper, it sounds like it should be a lot of fun. I'm only hoping it's not just a building where we could make our own movies and share via Wi-Fi with the rest of the world though. I'd really like it to be in a contest style where you get scored and compete for something a la Contest Ribbons.

All that being said, I'd totally welcome back Pokémon Contests in a heartbeat! Although, I shouldn't have to worry about that for long if we do get the inevitable RSE remake within the next year or so.
        Old May 29th, 2012 (6:20 AM).

Nature: Quiet
          Musicals were kind of the most passive thing to do in all of the games which had similar stuff, didnt enjoy it much, this pokewood sounds better

Old May 29th, 2012 (6:29 AM).
          CoquettishCat
          • Crystal Tier

I find Pokewood interesting in that...Hollywood is very West Coast, not New York. I'm kind of wondering if this implies that they think of America as just one big entity, instead of in regions like they think of Japan? If there was anywhere else that would be good for a Pokemon game in the US it would probably be the west coast so them putting this in the games might be a sign that that's it for the US. D;

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old May 29th, 2012 (7:11 AM).
          Frasier says it best

But Hollywood is famously known throughout the world - it's only really Bollywood that has as big a cultural recognition as Hollywood as far as film production goes. Personally, I don't think it's casual racismor xenophobia on the part of Game Freak, but just a coincidence that this idea happened to happen at the same time as a region based on an American city was unveiled. As well as that, the geography of NYC is also probably much more well known than the geography of LA, for example... so I doubt Gen VI will feature an Golden Gate Bridges any time soon! :D
            Old May 29th, 2012 (7:16 AM).
            CoquettishCat
            • Crystal Tier

What I mean is that this makes me feel like there's no chance of there being another US-based Pokemon game after Pokewood was released, showing that the region isn't New York so much as it is just US in general. So then it wouldn't make sense that they would have more specific US regions, since they decided East Coast and West Coast can be combined into one Pokemon region. :(

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old May 29th, 2012 (8:15 AM).

Nature: Lax
              What bugged me the most about the musical was the lack of engagement from the player - you choose a Pokémon and the props the Pokémon will use, and under the performance you press one button, once. That's it. The contests in D/P/Pt were more engaging, since you didn't just sit there and watch 80% of the time.
              Best of them all was Pokéathlon imo, and I would be surprised if Pokéwood offers a more engaging experience - I'm keeping my fingers crossed though! Different stories depending on your actions sounds interesting.
              Old May 29th, 2012 (5:50 PM).
              Find your niche.
              • Platinum Tier

Nature: Calm
              Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by tobinus View Post
              What bugged me the most about the musical was the lack of engagement from the player - you choose a Pokémon and the props the Pokémon will use, and under the performance you press one button, once. That's it. The contests in D/P/Pt were more engaging, since you didn't just sit there and watch 80% of the time.
              Best of them all was Pokéathlon imo, and I would be surprised if Pokéwood offers a more engaging experience - I'm keeping my fingers crossed though! Different stories depending on your actions sounds interesting.
              I definitely have high hopes for the Pokéwood, but then so did I on musicals. I think you do have a good point to tell Game Freak that musicals were subpar from actual interaction and fun value compared to contests. Although I never really tried musicals but just hearing that...I don't think I ever will. I hope Pokéwood gets more thought put into it, there are many possibilities they could pull through with this even though they haven't showed much potential on foreign ground for side games as much. At least recently.

I wonder how they'll integrate enough impact from the player's own actions in the feature especially with translations sometimes restricting these dialogue choices you can usually choose from. I see it would be quite different from the Japanese dialogue since I always thought their own expressions were more versatile. For various situations that you can come up with a movie, for example.
              Old May 29th, 2012 (7:36 PM).
              CoquettishCat
              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Cid View Post
              I definitely have high hopes for the Pokéwood, but then so did I on musicals. I think you do have a good point to tell Game Freak that musicals were subpar from actual interaction and fun value compared to contests. Although I never really tried musicals but just hearing that...I don't think I ever will. I hope Pokéwood gets more thought put into it, there are many possibilities they could pull through with this even though they haven't showed much potential on foreign ground for side games as much. At least recently.

I wonder how they'll integrate enough impact from the player's own actions in the feature especially with translations sometimes restricting these dialogue choices you can usually choose from. I see it would be quite different from the Japanese dialogue since I always thought their own expressions were more versatile. For various situations that you can come up with a movie, for example.
              To make interactivity really high, they would have to not only have something to set up the movie but some form of interacting during the movie, such as maybe controlling the camera for times or being the director so choosing how the scene is shot (like a "mood" sort of thing that you can change in the show, that affects how people see your movie and Pokemon as the star). If they don't have something like that I think it'll be boring too, because I don't believe the movies they'll make will be interesting enough to want to sit idly through more than a few times.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 11th, 2012 (11:30 PM).

So that robotic Tyranitar... in space is Pokewood.
                Old June 12th, 2012 (2:49 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kirbin View Post
                  So that robotic Tyranitar... in space is Pokewood.
                  Yup. It's the most original idea that Pokemon has created yet. D:/c:/?
                  Pokewood is mainly (as far as I know) for making movies.
                  It's also run or he just works there by Brycen. He's an actor!
                  Old June 12th, 2012 (5:01 PM).

Oh Pokewood that sounds kind of stupid what is it a glorified forest this i-

Oh my goodness this is amazing. It'll probably be terrible but this has so much potential to be incredibly amusing.
                    Old June 12th, 2012 (5:34 PM).

Er... yeah!
                      Pokewood is a play on Hollywood. You know, America's West Coast Movie Making City? I have no idea why but America seems to influence the Japanese who makes the games... Or Europe for that matter.
                      It does have the potential but I do see why it seems terrible to you. The musicals failed in the previous B&W.
                      Old June 12th, 2012 (5:47 PM).
                      CoquettishCat
                      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kenmoor View Post
                      Er... yeah!
                      Pokewood is a play on Hollywood. You know, America's West Coast Movie Making City? I have no idea why but America seems to influence the Japanese who makes the games... Or Europe for that matter.
                      It does have the potential but I do see why it seems terrible to you. The musicals failed in the previous B&W.
                      Well I mean this is the first game set in the US, everything else was influenced by Japan...

You misunderstood the last post. He was saying that he thought it was dumb by the name until he saw more about it.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 12th, 2012 (6:10 PM).

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anyways, in the anime a bunch of Pokewood/something similar stuff was on, on last Thursday(?) Here's some stuff from Serebii-
                        Costumes for our protagonists?
                        http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps4.shtml
                        A special effect? (the fan blowing air) Plus the green screen.
                        http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps5.shtml
                        Could the upper left pic. show some probable props?
                        http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps6.shtml
                        We can edit our film?
                        http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps7.shtml
                        Could we possibly get a trophy for our efforts?
                        http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps11.shtml

The above probably won't happen... but we can hope, right?
                        Old June 12th, 2012 (6:31 PM).
                        Master of Mediocrity.

Despite owning B/W for a year, I haven't tried musicals once. I found Pokemon contests boring, and overall a waste of time. The musicals look no different. Pokewood looks the same as contests, because you're using different moves to appeal to people.

I hate contests...WHY AND HOW are they popular?

And is it just me, or does Pokewood sound...inappropriate?
                          Old June 12th, 2012 (10:44 PM).
                          OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                          10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                            I got to say I love the mecha. I hope there's more mecha's to fight against. I wonder if there's a way to record our little movie and view it later, that'll be fun to see
                            https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                            Old June 12th, 2012 (10:47 PM).

Nature: Hasty
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                              I got to say I love the mecha. I hope there's more mecha's to fight against. I wonder if there's a way to record our little movie and view it later, that'll be fun to see
                              It will probably have a save feature like the Recorder for battles. Seems like something we'd be able to share Wifi with. Who knows though.
                              Old June 12th, 2012 (10:53 PM).
                              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                              10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                                It will probably have a save feature like the Recorder for battles. Seems like something we'd be able to share Wifi with. Who knows though.
                                I hope so, it would give another use for the recorder other than Battle subway battles and sounds more fun than taking a picture like with the musicals...
                                https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                                Old June 15th, 2012 (11:10 PM).
                                a sky full of lighters ☆
                                • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
                                Oh I'd like to be able to record them but not to share via wifi. Maybe just in a theatre actually at PokeWood, but that's all. Seems like something that'd be exclusive to the location.

this one's for you and me, living out our dreams
                                we're all right where we should be
                                Old June 16th, 2012 (2:07 AM).
                                My life would suck without you
                                • Crystal Tier

Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Although it would be great to share them over wifi, I can't really see myself watching other peoples, I mean, who really look at other people's Pokémon dressed up in gen IV?
                                Old June 17th, 2012 (10:14 AM).

Nature: Rash
                                  Echoing many people's sentiments, I think it sounds really interesting (and personally, way more interesting than contests and musicals - those never really grabbed me), although I'm reserving judgement until I actually see it. I get bored of these kinds of aspects of the games easily.

Old June 17th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
                                  Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
                                    I don't get why people wouldn't wanna see each others Movies over Wi-Fi, personally, that's exactly what I wanna see, cause I'd be interested in what other people have conjured up

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
                                    Signature Pokémon: Luxray
                                    Quick Reply

Sponsored Links