The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Anime
About Ash and the Unova region

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old May 31st, 2012 (3:38 AM).
DarkAbsolX's Avatar
DarkAbsolX DarkAbsolX is offline
Pokemon World Champion 50Times
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: I'm from Portugal :D
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naughty
    Posts: 83
    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkAbsolX
    Does anyone notice that when Ash and Pikachu start a new adventure on a new region they look like newbies?

    I just saw the first episodes of the Unova season and Pikachu gets beated up by a newly starter snivy..

    There's no way a roockie Snivy can beat a Veteran like Ash's pikachu with one attack..

    It's like a lv5 Snivy beating up a lv:+50 Pikachu (He must be beetwen 50 and 100).
    __________________


    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old May 31st, 2012 (3:47 AM).
    Little Oshawott's Avatar
    Little Oshawott Little Oshawott is offline
    The Trainer of cute Pokemon
       
      Join Date: May 2012
      Location: United Kingdom, North East England
      Age: 31
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Gentle
      Posts: 69
      Remember Pikachu was involved in that storm. So It affected Pikachu so It couldnt fight well as it normally does?
      __________________



      My FC: 0791-2104-5583
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old May 31st, 2012 (4:04 AM).
      DarkAbsolX's Avatar
      DarkAbsolX DarkAbsolX is offline
      Pokemon World Champion 50Times
         
        Join Date: Aug 2009
        Location: I'm from Portugal :D
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 83
        Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkAbsolX
        You are right but it only affected it's electrical attacks, it didn't affect the other like iron tail, quick attack, double-edge...

        But this is just in Unova.
        On the beggining of the other regions Ash started lke a newbie and his pikachu too, and they should act like veterans.
        __________________


        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old May 31st, 2012 (4:39 AM).
        EarthWolfblade's Avatar
        EarthWolfblade EarthWolfblade is offline
        Returning breeder
           
          Join Date: Dec 2011
          Age: 18
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 234
          [SIZE="a"]Who would watch a show that consists of a whiny ten year old with a shock rat destroying everyone all the time?[/SIZE]
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old May 31st, 2012 (6:16 AM).
          weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
             
            Join Date: Apr 2005
            Posts: 1,993
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by DarkAbsolX View Post
            You are right but it only affected it's electrical attacks, it didn't affect the other like iron tail, quick attack, double-edge...

            But this is just in Unova.
            On the beggining of the other regions Ash started lke a newbie and his pikachu too, and they should act like veterans.
            Actually, in past regions, Ash at least seemed to know what he was doing. For starters, he at least didn't mistake his female companions for pokemon, and he seemed to know a bit about capturing Pokemon to coach May and Dawn on the basics of it.
            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old May 31st, 2012 (11:27 AM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is online now
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,445
            Well Isshu was supposed to be totally new beginning so they probably wanted to make Isshu like Kanto arc.
            So Satoshi had to become n00b again =)
            And since Best Wishes share some similarities to Kanto we can presume that my statement may be true

            @EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)
            __________________
            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old May 31st, 2012 (11:42 AM).
            Xander Olivieri's Avatar
            Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2010
              Gender: Other
              Nature: Hasty
              Posts: 5,601
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by DarkAbsolX View Post
              Does anyone notice that when Ash and Pikachu start a new adventure on a new region they look like newbies?

              I just saw the first episodes of the Unova season and Pikachu gets beated up by a newly starter snivy..

              There's no way a roockie Snivy can beat a Veteran like Ash's pikachu with one attack..

              It's like a lv5 Snivy beating up a lv:+50 Pikachu (He must be beetwen 50 and 100).
              The Anime doesn't have structured Levels like in the games and that Snivy had Leaf Tornado, a fairly strong Grass Move. Ash and co. Have lost to new trainers in the past as well, keep in mind that Ash only had Iron Tail and Quick Attack while Snivy had a wider range of attack options.


              Quote:
              Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
              Actually, in past regions, Ash at least seemed to know what he was doing. For starters, he at least didn't mistake his female companions for pokemon, and he seemed to know a bit about capturing Pokemon to coach May and Dawn on the basics of it.
              Ash looked at moving bushes and only saw the TOP part of Iris's hair. When he pulled up his Pokedex it told him that it was a Pokemon called Kibago. Ash even comments that it doesn't look the same and tries to catch it either way.

              He did not see Iris until after the attempted capture.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old May 31st, 2012 (12:32 PM).
              EarthWolfblade's Avatar
              EarthWolfblade EarthWolfblade is offline
              Returning breeder
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2011
                Age: 18
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 234
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                Well Isshu was supposed to be totally new beginning so they probably wanted to make Isshu like Kanto arc.
                So Satoshi had to become n00b again =)
                And since Best Wishes share some similarities to Kanto we can presume that my statement may be true

                @EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)

                I would very much enjoy seeing it for a short time like in a Chronicle or maybe even movie but an entire season of Ash crushing pretty much everything in his path? I dunno....

                I haven't really even liked the anime from the time Galactic Battles started though.


                What I'd really like to see:

                The anime change characters according to each generation. Like Indigo era would have Red/Ash, Johto era would have Ethan (lyra as companion), Hoenn era would have Brendan (may as companion), Sinnoh would have the D/P/Pl protagonist who's name escapes me (dawn as companion), and Unova would have Hilbert (Hilda as companion)
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old June 1st, 2012 (6:18 AM).
                DarkAbsolX's Avatar
                DarkAbsolX DarkAbsolX is offline
                Pokemon World Champion 50Times
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2009
                  Location: I'm from Portugal :D
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naughty
                  Posts: 83
                  Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkAbsolX
                  @EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

                  That's something i want to see too..

                  Jessie and Jame's costumes can be as bad as all, but Ash never discover who they are..

                  It's so repetitive..
                  __________________


                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old June 2nd, 2012 (7:18 AM).
                  double trouble!'s Avatar
                  double trouble! double trouble! is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2010
                    Location: Long Island, New York
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 289
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by EarthWolfblade View Post
                    I would very much enjoy seeing it for a short time like in a Chronicle or maybe even movie but an entire season of Ash crushing pretty much everything in his path? I dunno....

                    I haven't really even liked the anime from the time Galactic Battles started though.


                    What I'd really like to see:

                    The anime change characters according to each generation. Like Indigo era would have Red/Ash, Johto era would have Ethan (lyra as companion), Hoenn era would have Brendan (may as companion), Sinnoh would have the D/P/Pl protagonist who's name escapes me (dawn as companion), and Unova would have Hilbert (Hilda as companion)
                    I'd rather have that as a separate anime.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #11    
                    Old June 3rd, 2012 (3:19 PM).
                    Otter Mii-kun's Avatar
                    Otter Mii-kun Otter Mii-kun is offline
                    Molly, you are so adorable! ♥
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2005
                      Location: 810, Michigan
                      Age: 28
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,961
                      Quote:
                      Does anyone notice that when Ash and Pikachu start a new adventure on a new region they look like newbies?
                      I feel like I'm repeatedly beating a dead horse by saying this, but the reason Ash and Pikachu look like newbies is because they keep Ash 10 years old whenever he goes to a new region. They do this to keep the show going "fresh" and to not make the main characters progress to the point of being all-powerful.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                      Reply
                      Quick Reply

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:09 AM.