The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Custom Games Showcase
Demo Pokémon Triple Triad

Custom Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Old September 1st, 2016 (7:38 AM). Edited December 11th, 2016 by Nickalooose.
--------------------

Welcome to my game. Pokémon Triple Triad. This game is completed and focusses ONLY on Triple Triad.

The reason behind this game is that someone online liked the concept of how I included it within my older games.
I made a quick game for a few people... During their time at playing this game, they requested a few things here and there. 2 scripts later. It appeared to attract attention off their friends.

Version 1:
The game is pretty self explanitary, it's all open, you can go forward or backwards, the only blocks in the road will be where there is a particular story plot you have missed it's as far as version 1 will go.

To view your cards: X or ESC
To view the bag: F8
To save: F7
To use the bicycle: F5
To move: Arrow Keys

Enjoy.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

The Shop.
You can buy Triad Cards, but in booster packs only.
Booster packs come in 4 different types: Booster, Trainer, Elite and Legendary.
Just because the name of a pack, I.E. Legendary, doesn't mean you will open a pack and receive a Legendary card, but it definitely has a chance to get one.
The pack prices are different in different areas, in these pictures, the Trainer Pack costs $6000, but in another area it could be $5000 or $7000 (examples only).
One you buy the pack, it goes in to your back pack which is where you will open the packet and acquire your cards.

Spoiler:

Pause Menu.
The pause menu has been changed, it no longer is a pause menu you've seen in the past. It now literally shows you the Triad Cards you own, in order of strength value between 1 and P. "A" is technically 10. "P" is all player cards. However, in PokéCenters around the world, although useless for you, you can pop inside one and use the PC, this will no longer ask you to pick between your PC or Box, but will bring up a new screen with help buttons for the game, as you progress, you will unlock new buttons and addons. Come here to refresh yourself how to use them. In these pictures, you can see how to challenge NPC's to a Triad Battle.

*NEW* New Screenshot of the secondary menu, which you can switch to, which is essentially a PokéDex view... I'm not too sure about the "x" sign being there for non owned cards, but for now it is.
You can also see how many cards in total you own, this includes duplicates of cards, I may add another window which will tell you how many you own singlely... That just occured to me.
You can access this view by pressing left or right on the key pad, and again to switch back.

Spoiler:

Triad Battles.
Each NPC has a normal speech and a battle speech.
The normal speech will not start a Triad match.
When you get in to a match, you will be asked to pick 5 cards. Do this and start the match.
If you win the match, depending on your rules, you may be asked to pick a card the opponent owns. Pick the card and continue the game.
Some NPC's have cards specific to their deck. Look out for these cards.
If you find yourself losing cards and you happen to lose your rarest card, don't fear, you can just rechallenge the same NPC and attempt to win it back, but beware, sometimes the NPC doesn't want to lose it straight away and may not use it immediately.
The NPC will always pick your best card if you lose.

Features:
Spoiler:

Shop to acquire booster packs.
Losing your most valuable cards to an NPC, adds these cards to their deck.
Almost every NPC plays Triad.
When placing a card in a Triad Match, their cry will play.
You can acquire Pokémon with boosted stats. Look at the Ditto on Pause Menu screenshots for an example.
Like Final Fantasy 8, to acquire some Player cards, you must lose some cards elsewhere.

Downloads:
Pokémon Triple Triad v1.4 Download
Download Triple Triad Audio

When you download the Audio folder, just drag and drop it in to the game.exe folder.
To start the game, open the Game - Pokémon Triple Triad.exe icon.
To save the game, just press "F7".

QUICK TIP:
To access the job system. If you want to discover the secrets yourself, ignore the spoiler.
Spoiler:

You must talk to Prof. Ivy, go home then talk to your mother. You'll see a man in the same outfit you started in. Talk to him.

Have a suggestion, feel free to drop a comment or PM.

I would like to know what members here think of this idea as a game and if you would play it.

Special Thanks to Maruno with Essentials and Unknown for the original Triple Triad scripts.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 4th, 2016 (5:36 AM).

Interesting for sure! Always liked card games.
Old September 4th, 2016 (1:39 PM).
--------------------

Added new screenshot from the pause menu.

This is essentially the PokéDex view.
Listing all your cards through their Species Number.
You can now also see Owned cards, this includes duplicates, so if I had 2 Weedle here, the number would've been 14 instead.
I don't know if I'm feeling the "x" sign in the line, but for now it is there.
Old September 5th, 2016 (8:21 AM).

Yeah, looks like fun - would definitely give the game a shot if you released it. It'd be a good change of pace.
Old September 5th, 2016 (8:35 AM).

Nature: Lax
I love triple triad, I would definitely play this.
Old September 5th, 2016 (7:30 PM).
You know what they say...

Yeah I'd play this
Old September 11th, 2016 (3:00 PM).
--------------------

Update:
So I decided to change the way Elemental Matches work in my game.

After you've selected your cards and the match begins, you can see the board fully, like this. On it there may be an elemental symbol in one of the points on the board. There could be 2, 9 or even 0, despite it being an Elemental Match. Here you see 5 symbols, Fighting, Electric, Ghost, Dragon and Bug. They are completely random so it is possible to see 2 or more of the same element.

If you place a card on an element, when the card is of that element, the card will gain a boost in stats, by 1, and the stats turn green to notify you that they have risen. As you can see, my opponents Alakazam still has white numbers, which means the point this card was placed on, was non-elemental and therefore will not see a decrease or increase in stats.

If you place a card on an elemental point that does not match that of your card, the stats will decrease on that card. This also applies to your opponent. You will be notified by red numbers if this is the case.
Old September 19th, 2016 (5:59 AM).
The Mega Eevee

Nature: Bashful
I'd love to play this game i love triple triad please can you put a download link soon
Old September 19th, 2016 (11:46 AM).
--------------------

I shall compile a game demo and add a download in the coming days.

As it will be a demo, you will only reach the first town, to explore the realms of the game.
--FEATURES--
Unlimited matches.
A "first" job system.
Card shops to purchase booster packs.
A little look in to what type of events you will encounter during the game.
Friends meet friends.
Friends join you throughout.
Basic tournament which opens every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Meet a character from the Anime, I'll give you a hint, it's a girl and she makes a good double of Ash.
Play test a few match-ups inside the right class room, including the all improved Elementals match.

My friends haven't play tested this version yet, so it will be new to everyone.
Old October 9th, 2016 (10:13 AM).

Sounds good! Looking forward to the demo.
Old October 9th, 2016 (10:19 AM).
LOL

Nature: Quiet
This looks freaking amazing!
Old October 12th, 2016 (10:34 AM). Edited October 12th, 2016 by Nickalooose.
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC50 View Post
Sounds good! Looking forward to the demo.
Well good news, a demo is almost here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NohBuddy2016 View Post
This looks freaking amazing!
I don't know about that... It's only Triple Triad but with Pokémon.
I do hope you enjoy it.

*Update*
So I finally got around to removing enough unnecessary Essentials scripts.
A download, is being uploaded, as I type.
Keep an eye on this space in the next few hours

So it was a little more troublesome than I expected, but it got done.
Download Triple Triad v1.0
Download Triple Triad Audio

Obviously you don't need the Audio files, but if you download them, just drop the audio folder in to the game folder with game.exe.
Let me know of any bugs.
Old November 1st, 2016 (9:36 AM).

I was sooo excited for this and it started perfectly (I got the first 3 matches in the hometown) but later on the game started lagging... Firstly, the bullies didn't want to fight so I had to exit the game and restart playing due to not being able to move to the next town/back to hometown. Sometimes when I went out of the houses (in Aroma city) it took me to a completely other location (once even to a different town). Lastly, I can't participate in the tournament since I have zero level 0 cards... Me and my brother were playing the game in 2 different computers and he had the same issues (+the mother didn't arrive to his place at the start).
I hope there are fixes for those problems, but otherwise, AMAZING IDEA & AMAZING GAME!
Old November 6th, 2016 (2:18 PM).
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCasp View Post
I was sooo excited for this and it started perfectly (I got the first 3 matches in the hometown) but later on the game started lagging... Firstly, the bullies didn't want to fight so I had to exit the game and restart playing due to not being able to move to the next town/back to hometown. Sometimes when I went out of the houses (in Aroma city) it took me to a completely other location (once even to a different town). Lastly, I can't participate in the tournament since I have zero level 0 cards... Me and my brother were playing the game in 2 different computers and he had the same issues (+the mother didn't arrive to his place at the start).
I hope there are fixes for those problems, but otherwise, AMAZING IDEA & AMAZING GAME! :)
First off. Thanks for playing.

Lag is device specific, so if you elaborate more on the areas, I can try to help you out more.

The transfer problem is only the one house that's happening in, it will be fixed in the next version though, please do not enter the very top house in Aroma Town, it's not the exiting that is the problem, it's the enterring.

You must press D+C/Enter/Space to Triad battle many trainers, including these guys. But you must help Veronica to be able to battle the bullies. Talking to many NPC's will just have a chat with them.

The Tournament is sadly broken in that town. But great news, it's fixed now, yay! The problem for this is not that you don't have any Level 0 cards (they don't actually exist in the game), the problem is related to the fact that when I started this game, I used events, text, variables and conditional branches, but as I progressed, I made scripts to do the work for me, I just never changed the beginning NPC's due to laziness (that'a teach me).

To make the mother appear, you need to do this.
Quote:
Get your first Booster Pack
Talk to Prof. Oak.
Talk to Prof. Ivy.
Go to your house and she will be there.
I hope this answers many of your queries. I've changed the link in the OP to the newest version so far. Sorry for the delay.

Good luck.
Old November 16th, 2016 (1:51 PM).

Thanks for making a game based on this game. Made me actually want to capture pokemon. I think the booster pack kind of hurts that joy. Of catching the pokemon. Maybe have a lot of safari zones. If you get 10 butterflies. You can exchange to give a butterfly power up. Lol butterflies lmao. Butter free. Dam instant fix. Maybe ripoff Yugioh storyline somehow. Anyhow I'll play this soon and thanks for creating
Old November 18th, 2016 (2:34 AM).
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by supereffective View Post
Thanks for making a game based on this game. Made me actually want to capture pokemon. I think the booster pack kind of hurts that joy. Of catching the pokemon. Maybe have a lot of safari zones. If you get 10 butterflies. You can exchange to give a butterfly power up. Lol butterflies lmao. Butter free. Dam instant fix. Maybe ripoff Yugioh storyline somehow. Anyhow I'll play this soon and thanks for creating
Thanks for looking at PTT, but I think you're missing the point of this game.
I urge you to download it and play.
It's actually far from what Yugioh! is, and based on the card game in Final Fantasy 8.
Your opinions are important to me. If you have anything to add, please don't hesitate.
Old November 19th, 2016 (8:47 AM).

I think im gonna wait for another update...the save is not working properly , it says something like courrupt save and says save failed and wants me to start a new game..... other then that, I enjoyed the game. so fix the save problems and ill def play it
Old November 23rd, 2016 (4:15 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2016 by Nickalooose.
--------------------

Quote:
I think im gonna wait for another update...the save is not working properly , it says something like courrupt save and says save failed and wants me to start a new game..... other then that, I enjoyed the game. so fix the save problems and ill def play it
Can I have the error please.

Nevermind, I've found the error.

The problem is in the download on the main post, v1.1 has the problem. It was fixed for v1.2.

However. More good news, v1.3 has a release.
The lack of attention on this forum turns my attention to other areas where the game is more successful. My appologies.

Here is the changes and fixes logs for the past versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changes/Fixes Log 9th November
v1.2 Changes/Fixes.
Save error.
Message box errors in some areas.
The odd occurance of an NPC using cards they shouldn't.
The odd occurance of a Pokémon cry playing twice in battle.
The odd occurance where you would pick a card after a win, but recieved a card that wasn't in play.
The win/loss count.
Known Problems.
Boosted cards don't have a cry. (you can fix this yourself, which is 100% quicker)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changes/Fixes Log 20th November
v1.3 Changes/Fixes.
A few graphical problems.
A few priority problems in some areas.
Adds fireworks when finding rare cards in packs. (before the card appears, so if you see this, you're one of the lucky ones)
Adds new boosted cards.
Removes some NPC's
Removes the ability to challenge some NPC's
Changes to some maps. (if there is a change where you are standing, you can send me your save file and I will fix that for you)
Changes to the Underground quest.
Changes to the wood quest.
Changes to the stolen card quest 1.
Changes to the lost cards quest 2.
Some maps removed. (if you were standing on a removed map, you will automatically be returned home)
Some buildings are now accessible.
Some buildings have had their access revoked. (if you were standing in one of these buildings, you will automatically be returned home)
Boosted cards now play their cry. (with no additonal downloading)
I will have the link changed, within the next 24 hours.
Keep watching this space.
Old November 23rd, 2016 (7:20 PM). Edited November 27th, 2016 by mej71.

thanks for the effort bro, ill def check it out this week. I love to know why that girl is following me in the first town.....that's kind of cool too....

I guess with the yugioh thing I was getting across, that there is more at stake then just losing a card game....in yugioh if you lost in some places...you go to hell, or your friend dies..... I guess that's what I was getting at...those kind of environments
Old November 25th, 2016 (10:42 AM). Edited November 25th, 2016 by Nickalooose.
--------------------

Quote:
thanks for the effort bro, ill def check it out this week. I love to know why that girl is following me in the first town.....that's kind of cool too...

I guess with the yugioh thing I was getting across, that there is more at stake then just losing a card game....in yugioh if you lost in some places...you go to hell, or your friend dies..... I guess that's what I was getting at...those kind of environments
I see what you're saying about Yugioh! It's impossible to get game over so I can't say losing will be too much of a problem.

She's your friend, she's taking a break from Pokémon battling and wants to join you in your adventures. She has a nice part in the middle of the game. She can help you during your adventure too. Just treat her nicely.

Edit:

Pokémon Triple Triad v1.3 Download
Old December 1st, 2016 (8:12 AM).

im gonna try it again, hopefully no save problems. ill give my noob ideas after I beat the game or beta
Old December 11th, 2016 (7:57 AM).
--------------------

*UPDATE*
Pokémon Triple Triad v1.4 Download

Changes/Fixes Log 11th December
v1.4 Changes/Fixes
Fixed inconsistent music volumes.
Fixed some NPC speeches.
Fixed some map transfers not transferring to the right location.
Added new booster packs
  • Mega pack; Has 15 cards, 6 rares.
  • Take it or Leave it; Has a card with a chance at finding another booster pack.
New Fossil Finding quest; Prize is the new and improved Aerodactyl Boosted card.
New 'Opening A Pack' scene; You now see all cards opened instead of 1 at a time.
Removed Fireworks animation for now; Doesn't play well with the new scene.
Removed some instances where an NPC would call a legendary.
Old 1 Week Ago (1:39 AM). Edited 4 Days Ago by OnomaNunn.

Nature: Naughty
Hey there thank you for developing what to me is a blast to the past game which i will fully enjoy i am sure I've found a small issue though while unpacking the Audio folder. There is a CRC failure when unpacking (i unzipped it with 7zip) and the file the error is reporting about is: Audio\BGM\Pokemon Cerulean City.wav I haven't started the game yet so i am not sure what the influence on the game might be but i just wanted to give you a heads up I have listened to some of the audio files and the quality seems to differ a bit. Is there a reason you are using wav files instead op mp3? I ask because i work as an audio engineer and in my experience you could make sure every audio sample/song is exactly the same quality with a minor difference in db level (volume) which almost is impossible to hear If i can be of any help just let me know :-) Time to enjoy another Triple Triad!!!

Edit 21-02-2017: I tried to save the game last week and got an error saying the game could not be saved. I ended the game forcefully then. When i tried to start the game today it gave me two sequential error messages (which i have screenshots of if you want them). After those errors there was an announcement saying the save file was corrupted and i was asked if i wanted to delete the save file and start a new game. At this point i will start a new game and see if i get the same error at the same spot. I will keep you updated ;-)

Old 5 Hours Ago (10:22 AM).
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnomaNunn View Post
Hey there thank you for developing what to me is a blast to the past game which i will fully enjoy i am sure {:3} I've found a small issue though while unpacking the Audio folder. There is a CRC failure when unpacking (i unzipped it with 7zip) and the file the error is reporting about is: Audio\BGM\Pokemon Cerulean City.wav :) I haven't started the game yet so i am not sure what the influence on the game might be but i just wanted to give you a heads up ;) I have listened to some of the audio files and the quality seems to differ a bit. Is there a reason you are using wav files instead op mp3? I ask because i work as an audio engineer and in my experience you could make sure every audio sample/song is exactly the same quality with a minor difference in db level (volume) which almost is impossible to hear :) If i can be of any help just let me know :-) Time to enjoy another Triple Triad!!!

Edit 21-02-2017: I tried to save the game last week and got an error saying the game could not be saved. I ended the game forcefully then. When i tried to start the game today it gave me two sequential error messages (which i have screenshots of if you want them). After those errors there was an announcement saying the save file was corrupted and i was asked if i wanted to delete the save file and start a new game. At this point i will start a new game and see if i get the same error at the same spot. I will keep you updated ;-)
I'm on my phone right now, but as soon as I get on a laptop, I will be sure to check out your problems and assist.

As for the audio, I literally just downloaded files off the Internet and stuck them in, there is no reason as to why they're as good or as bad as they are, I have no knowledge in making midis for games unfortunately, of course, any help is appreciated.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links