Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old July 5th, 2012 (9:25 AM). Edited July 5th, 2012 by RandomDSdevel.
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel RandomDSdevel is offline
The EXP-Grinding Trainer
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Kokomo, IN
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 380
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
    Making more of the previously inaccessible islands have something going on on them is interesting though.
    Speaking of inaccessible islands, does PokéCommunity have any threads dedicated to why the anime's Orange Islands haven't appeared in any of the games yet? It's just a thought, but I don't want to pollute this discussion.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
    @above: There is no way the last letters in the name Kyurem should ever be considered a hint.
    Hey, at least I tried! I can assume, though, that my guess was dismissed as foolhardy because the name hints for the other BW/B2W2 legendaries were.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #127    
    Old July 5th, 2012 (9:51 AM).
    voicerocker's Avatar
    voicerocker voicerocker is offline
       
      Join Date: Mar 2012
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 283
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
      I have always said that there will be these remakes and most likely for the 3DS, but it won't happen for like, 2-3 years I think. The dust will have to settle around B2/W2 and then I expect to start seeing rumblings of the remakes.
      There's no way they will wait until 2014 or 2015 to continue the main series, regardless of whether Gen 6 or Hoenn remakes come first.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shootingace View Post
      It would be cool if they made a remake of Pokemon Emerald and amplify the story so N can make his big comeback and try to capture Rayquaza and force people to release their pokemon by controlling weather or something.
      N made his comeback in B2/W2. He has no reason to be in Hoenn trying to capture Rayquaza, especially after he has released most, if not all, of his Pokemon.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
      IMO genesect In next years movie strengthen's the possibility of no gen 6 next year. Because that will be for genesect who has yet tO be revealed, not a sixth gen Pokemon. The future gen Pokemon has tO be the main Pokemon on the movie like lugia, [email protected], Manaphy, and Zorua and zoroark. Either we're getting a new game next year or they are skipping a year like they did with emerald-> dp.
      Genesect has been "revealed" in the promo, so we now have an official acknowledgment of its existence. Plus, the Complete Pokedex due to be released soon will include Genesect, so it will no longer be a secret.

      The folks at Bulbagarden pointed out that the star of the movies (like Keldeo) are revealed in February, meaning Genesect will not be the main focus of the movie. The hype for it will be lost with a full year to go before the movie is shown, so they will need something else to hype the movie later on. With no other Pokemon left in this generation, the option that makes the most sense is a totally new Pokemon. This would also fit the assumed time period if Game Freak is planning to announce Gen 6 next year, allowing for a potential fall 2013 release.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
      Gen 5 still lacks of full-team Gym Leader rematches and following Pokemon feature which could be saved for R/S remakes. World Tournament doesn't have to mean end of DS, because it's just "third game" addition like Battle Frontiers.
      Doesn't matter. Gym leader rematches are nice, but not necessary with all of the other more powerful trainers around to battle. And if they didn't use following in B/W and still didn't use it for B2/W2, I doubt they are planning on bringing it back since it was only a minor feature.

      And just because the tournament is like a third version addition doesn't mean remakes are "next in line".

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
      Yes, it's for former Gym Leaders and Champions, but lack of Koga makes me think it's canon because he's Elite Four now, so he can't be present as Gym Leader anymore. And because Steven introduces himself as official Champion in HG/SS, Wallace couldn't be Champion yet, meaning R/S/E around gen 5 timeline. Good reason to remake R/S in gen 5.
      If it is for former champions, then the events of RSE have already taken place as neither Steven nor Wallace should be champion.

      And again, the timeline thing doesn't work with Hoenn. The stories are extremely different, yet are supposed to take place at the same point in time. Emerald does not take place after Ruby and Sapphire. Debating on whether Steven or Wallace is the real champion is like arguing over whether Zekrom or Reshiram was the actual dragon to side with N. Different game, different events.

      Going by your theory, if Steven is champion in HG/SS, then Ruby and Sapphire are in Gen 4, while Emerald goes with Gen 5.
      __________________
      "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
      =====

      Pokemon White 2 Team:
        #128    
      Old July 5th, 2012 (9:56 AM). Edited July 5th, 2012 by C Payne.
      C Payne's Avatar
      C Payne C Payne is offline
      Hoenn in 3D!
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2011
      Location: Va
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 454
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
      Speaking of inaccessible islands, does PokéCommunity have any threads dedicated to why the anime's Orange Islands haven't appeared in any of the games yet? It's just a thought, but I don't want to pollute this discussion.\
      I can't remember the thread, but I remember someone mentioning that they didn't really have a way to incorporate the special stuff involved(the races and all that involved with the gyms, we were in GB/C times too?), on top of that the OI were a big filler. That's for another topic though, haha.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
      There's no way they will wait until 2014 or 2015 to continue the main series, regardless of whether Gen 6 or Hoenn remakes come first.
      I think he was saying we probably wouldn't see the remakes for that long, but now with B2W2 out, many are hoping they are next. Like someone mentioned before though, it could be like the gap between Emerald and DP.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
      Doesn't matter. Gym leader rematches are nice, but not necessary with all of the other more powerful trainers around to battle. And if they didn't use following in B/W and still didn't use it for B2/W2, I doubt they are planning on bringing it back since it was only a minor feature.

      And just because the tournament is like a third version addition doesn't mean remakes are "next in line".
      The sequels are really in their own category anyways.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
      Going by your theory, if Steven is champion in HG/SS, then Ruby and Sapphire are in Gen 4, while Emerald goes with Gen 5.
      Exactly why timeline talk just adds confusion on a lot of occasions.
      __________________
      Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

      Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
        #129    
      Old July 5th, 2012 (11:57 AM).
      wombateiro's Avatar
      wombateiro wombateiro is offline
         
        Join Date: Dec 2011
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 497
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
        Doesn't matter. Gym leader rematches are nice, but not necessary with all of the other more powerful trainers around to battle. And if they didn't use following in B/W and still didn't use it for B2/W2, I doubt they are planning on bringing it back since it was only a minor feature.

        And just because the tournament is like a third version addition doesn't mean remakes are "next in line".
        Actually there are rematches in B2/W2, but very limited. I think full-team rematches will be available in R/S remakes because I see this resemblance: in Platinum and B2/W2 you can re-battle Gym Leaders, but you can't choose which ones because they are randomly generated. They also don't use full team of six Pokemon. In HG/SS you can choose which Gym Leader you re-battle and they also have full teams of six Pokemon.

        I think that the complete rematch system might be reserved for R/S remakes in gen 5, just like for HG/SS in gen 4. Imo in R/S remakes there might be something like World Conference - all Gym Leaders and Champions gather in one place just like Johto/Kanto Leaders in Fighting Dojo in HG/SS. Player would be able to choose which Gym Leader would be battled with. I wonder in what place in Hoenn it would happen.

        If that idea would come true, I think only Steven would be present as former Champion in World Conference, just like only Alder is in World Tournament. Wallace would be staying in League, just like Iris in B2/W2. I think this could be reason why Hoenn and Unova are the only regions to have one Champion replacing previous one.


        Quote:
        Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
        Going by your theory, if Steven is champion in HG/SS, then Ruby and Sapphire are in Gen 4, while Emerald goes with Gen 5.
        The most important thing is that R/S/E seem to be close in timeline to gen 5 games. That supports theory R/S remakes will be done in gen 5.
        Ruby and Sapphire could happen anytime before B2/W2 - it's not exactly said when Steven got replaced.
          #130    
        Old July 5th, 2012 (1:50 PM).
        HyperXhydra's Avatar
        HyperXhydra HyperXhydra is offline
           
          Join Date: Oct 2011
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 331
          B2W2 spoiler:

          I can see Iris being the champion in B2W2 after she was Gym leader in BW is a hint for the Hoenn remake, Wallace was the last gym leader in RS then Champion in Emerald.
            #131    
          Old July 5th, 2012 (1:51 PM).
          Fangking Omega's Avatar
          Fangking Omega Fangking Omega is offline
          Acanthite founder
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Dec 2004
          Location: England
          Age: 27
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 574
          I wouldn't be surprised to see the R/S/E remakes on 3DS - which would be fantastic - before Gen VI. Given the speed at which Gen V's "secret legendaries" have appeared I can't help but feel Gen VI will be out in a couple of years with the gap plugged by R/S/E remakes as the "trial" of Pokémon on the 3DS.

          Fingers crossed.
            #132    
          Old July 5th, 2012 (5:40 PM).
          rocky505's Avatar
          rocky505 rocky505 is offline
          <Now who's awesome!
             
            Join Date: Apr 2008
            Location: Parrish, AL
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 1,332
            Quote:
            Genesect has been "revealed" in the promo, so we now have an official acknowledgment of its existence. Plus, the Complete Pokedex due to be released soon will include Genesect, so it will no longer be a secret.

            The folks at Bulbagarden pointed out that the star of the movies (like Keldeo) are revealed in February, meaning Genesect will not be the main focus of the movie. The hype for it will be lost with a full year to go before the movie is shown, so they will need something else to hype the movie later on. With no other Pokemon left in this generation, the option that makes the most sense is a totally new Pokemon. This would also fit the assumed time period if Game Freak is planning to announce Gen 6 next year, allowing for a potential fall 2013 release.
            okay first when was it said genesect WOULD be in that dex book? Everywhere I've seen said it MIGHT be in it. Just because it says 1-649 doesn't 100% mean it will be in. Remember the type chart that said ghost no longer resist bug which was a mistake. Also they could do the same thing with genesect as they did with victini(who wasn't revealed in February and was the main Pokemon of M14). Why would it need to be a new Pokemon, a past one as just as much a chance. The only proof of genesect being revealed is the trailer(which is exactly how victini was revealed)
            __________________
            3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
              #133    
            Old July 5th, 2012 (6:53 PM).
            Blue's Avatar
            Blue Blue is offline
            problematic
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: United Kingdom
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 20,251
            I think B2W2 are the last in the Pokemon series to be on the DS platform, if RS remakes are going to be released then I'd assume they started it along side Black & White 2 and are now focusing on the remakes on hand considering B2W2 have been released... if the remakes are on the 3DS they're going to be big! We've got all of 2013 to see what happens, let's hope for the best!
            __________________
              #134    
            Old July 6th, 2012 (6:57 AM).
            wombateiro's Avatar
            wombateiro wombateiro is offline
               
              Join Date: Dec 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 497
              Even if gen 6 Pokemon would appear in next movie, it doesn't have to mean gen 6 game and no R/S remakes in gen 5. Remember how Lucario appeared in movie NOT straight before D/P release.

              Anyway, B2/W2 have so many resemblances to R/S/E style, it's vey likely R/S remakes will happen in gen 5. No matter if for DS or 3DS, they should happen in gen 5.
                #135    
              Old July 6th, 2012 (9:57 AM).
              voicerocker's Avatar
              voicerocker voicerocker is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2012
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 283
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                Actually there are rematches in B2/W2, but very limited. I think full-team rematches will be available in R/S remakes because I see this resemblance: in Platinum and B2/W2 you can re-battle Gym Leaders, but you can't choose which ones because they are randomly generated. They also don't use full team of six Pokemon. In HG/SS you can choose which Gym Leader you re-battle and they also have full teams of six Pokemon.

                I think that the complete rematch system might be reserved for R/S remakes in gen 5, just like for HG/SS in gen 4. Imo in R/S remakes there might be something like World Conference - all Gym Leaders and Champions gather in one place just like Johto/Kanto Leaders in Fighting Dojo in HG/SS. Player would be able to choose which Gym Leader would be battled with. I wonder in what place in Hoenn it would happen.
                Why is it necessary to battle every gym leader in a "full battle"? The lack of a feature does not mean they are saving it for another game. They don't have to keep using the same features over and over.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post

                If that idea would come true, I think only Steven would be present as former Champion in World Conference, just like only Alder is in World Tournament. Wallace would be staying in League, just like Iris in B2/W2. I think this could be reason why Hoenn and Unova are the only regions to have one Champion replacing previous one
                Then why is Wallace in the Tournament? If the tournament is for former champions, Wallace is too. Technically, none of the characters in the World Tournament can be current champions.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                The most important thing is that R/S/E seem to be close in timeline to gen 5 games. That supports theory R/S remakes will be done in gen 5.
                Ruby and Sapphire could happen anytime before B2/W2 - it's not exactly said when Steven got replaced.
                But you just said Steven called himself champion in HG/SS, but saying Wallace is the champion in B2/W2. Ruby and Sapphire can't go with your theory of Wallace being champion because Steven is champion in those games. And again, Emerald is an alternate story, not a sequel. Emerald is not in the future, it is the same timeframe. Steven was not replaced as champion in Ruby and Sapphire.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Fangking Omega View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised to see the R/S/E remakes on 3DS - which would be fantastic - before Gen VI. Given the speed at which Gen V's "secret legendaries" have appeared I can't help but feel Gen VI will be out in a couple of years with the gap plugged by R/S/E remakes as the "trial" of Pokémon on the 3DS.
                I doubt remakes will be first on the 3DS because it would be incompatible with Gen 6 the minute it is released. There would be some kind of compatibility issue between the Gen 5 games and 3DS Hoenn games because of the different systems, and another one once new Pokemon, new moves, and abilities are introduced. And since remakes don't sell as well as a new generation, the best bet is to let Pokemon's move to the 3DS be something totally new, rather remakes. (While demand for remakes appears to be high, the people that hated Hoenn won't buy remakes at all.)

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
                okay first when was it said genesect WOULD be in that dex book? Everywhere I've seen said it MIGHT be in it. Just because it says 1-649 doesn't 100% mean it will be in.
                Seeing as how they are calling it the Perfect/Complete Pokedex, I doubt they are going to leave 1 out. Plus, Genesect is no longer a secret known only through hacking. An official promo has shown it, meaning a proper reveal for the games should be coming soon. If they weren't planning on making it available soon, they would have waited to show it until next year as the big surprise.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
                Why would it need to be a new Pokemon, a past one as just as much a chance. The only proof of genesect being revealed is the trailer(which is exactly how victini was revealed)
                An old Pokemon won't attract attention like a brand new one. Even though Mew and Celebi got second movies, Lucario and Zorua and Zoroark were the stars.

                Victini was not the only Pokemon to make its movie debut. Reshiram and Zekrom were also there. The difference is that Zoroark introduced Gen 5, not Victini. And unlike Victini or Keldeo, Genesect has no one left to star with. This is why a new Pokemon is more likely.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                Even if gen 6 Pokemon would appear in next movie, it doesn't have to mean gen 6 game and no R/S remakes in gen 5. Remember how Lucario appeared in movie NOT straight before D/P release.
                But if no remakes are coming, a new Pokemon in the movie followed by Gen 6 next fall would work fine. And think about this: why are they rushing revealing all the event Pokemon? Meloetta and Keldeo were revealed pretty close together and now they've officially acknowledged Genesect. If Gen 5 was meant to last until 2014, they wouldn't be revealing all the event Pokemon so soon and so close together. It makes sense that they would be trying to wrap up this Gen as soon as possible if Gen 6 is to come next year. They could use the next movie as a way to end Gen 5 and start Gen 6 at the same time.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                Anyway, B2/W2 have so many resemblances to R/S/E style, it's vey likely R/S remakes will happen in gen 5. No matter if for DS or 3DS, they should happen in gen 5.
                That goes along with the "hints", many of which were proven wrong, like the Dive Ball's function. To say remakes in Gen 5 are "likely to happen" or "should happen" is basically saying "they'll happen because that's the pattern". The pattern is broken, so that theory is gone. And expecting the DS to last us 2 more years is unreasonable. Plus, as much as we may not want to think about, Hoenn may not be remade. In terms of profit, it would be better to move on to the next generation since new games outsell remakes.

                I also think there's a big assumption that EVERYONE wants Hoenn, which isn't true. And some people are only hoping to see Hoenn next just to keep the "remakes every Gen" thing going.

                Now, Emerald and Gen 4 had a 2 year gap between 2004 and 2006. But, we got Gale of Darkness in 2005 to hold us over. If a Wii or WiiU title comes out next year, that would change things up. But to me, it appears Gen 5 is finished with no Gen 3 remakes.
                __________________
                "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
                =====

                Pokemon White 2 Team:
                  #136    
                Old July 6th, 2012 (12:10 PM).
                wombateiro's Avatar
                wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 497
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
                  Why is it necessary to battle every gym leader in a "full battle"? The lack of a feature does not mean they are saving it for another game. They don't have to keep using the same features over and over.
                  They don't have to, but they are constantly removing some features to bring them back again later. That feature could back in R/S remakes, the same like following Pokemon feature.


                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
                  Then why is Wallace in the Tournament? If the tournament is for former champions, Wallace is too. Technically, none of the characters in the World Tournament can be current champions.

                  But you just said Steven called himself champion in HG/SS, but saying Wallace is the champion in B2/W2. Ruby and Sapphire can't go with your theory of Wallace being champion because Steven is champion in those games. And again, Emerald is an alternate story, not a sequel. Emerald is not in the future, it is the same timeframe. Steven was not replaced as champion in Ruby and Sapphire.
                  I meant that Hoenn in remakes is capable of having World Conference because one former Champion Steven would be on Conference and current Champion Wallace in League, just like Alder and Iris in B2/W2.

                  I meant that Emerald is proven to have canon storyline, not R/S, because we have Steven and Wallace as Champions and Juan as Gym Leader in World Tournament. Seeing how Emerald is proven to be canon and appears to be in gen 5 timeline, R/S remakes (with Emerald's additions) should be in gen 5 too.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
                  I doubt remakes will be first on the 3DS because it would be incompatible with Gen 6 the minute it is released. There would be some kind of compatibility issue between the Gen 5 games and 3DS Hoenn games because of the different systems, and another one once new Pokemon, new moves, and abilities are introduced. And since remakes don't sell as well as a new generation, the best bet is to let Pokemon's move to the 3DS be something totally new, rather remakes. (While demand for remakes appears to be high, the people that hated Hoenn won't buy remakes at all.)
                  There is no problem with that. R/S remakes on 3DS could simply belong to gen 5 if they don't add any new Pokemon, abilities, etc. Those things would be added in gen 6 game. It would be exactly the same like both gen 4 and 5 share platform but are divided by additions of new graphic engine, Pokemon and other things.
                  Selling is not problem either. What's the problem of starting 3DS with remakes, if gen 6 would be released anyway? All of those games would be selling well because all main Pokemon games are being sold in millions.


                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
                  Victini was not the only Pokemon to make its movie debut. Reshiram and Zekrom were also there. The difference is that Zoroark introduced Gen 5, not Victini. And unlike Victini or Keldeo, Genesect has no one left to star with. This is why a new Pokemon is more likely.
                  Thing is that Victini got revealed year before it's own movie, just like Genesect now. Zekrom and Reshiram were also already known year before Victini movie. New forms of Kami Trio could be featured in Genesect movie. Gen 6 is not certain to happen in next year, therefore R/S remakes are still likely to happen. I think they could also add some random Hoenn Pokemon in Genesect movie to promote remakes, just like they featured Johto starters in Arceus movie.
                    #137    
                  Old July 6th, 2012 (2:15 PM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                  10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2010
                    Location: Oregon
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 17,452
                    ^And Notch ear Pichu too.

                    Though this whole Emerald is canon thing is set in stone as the WT itself might not be canon post game plus Steven references the player in HgSs... unless there's two alternate canons like in BW (where there's the N got Reshiram in White vs. N got Zekrom in White)...

                    Either way I agree that having gen VI pokémon doesn't disprove remakes being in this generation, Munchlax itself was shown in Destiny Deoxys sometime before Emerald came out.
                    __________________
                    # TeamRowlet
                    I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                    https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                    https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                      #138    
                    Old July 7th, 2012 (2:23 AM).
                    wombateiro's Avatar
                    wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 497
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                      Though this whole Emerald is canon thing is set in stone as the WT itself might not be canon post game plus Steven references the player in HgSs... unless there's two alternate canons like in BW (where there's the N got Reshiram in White vs. N got Zekrom in White)...
                      You mean that Steven references R/S/E player? It's doubtful because he says about trainers (not one trainer) who gave him tough battles. And he definitely says nothing about being beaten.

                      I think that R/S remakes will have basically Emerald storyline with Groudon/Kyogre encounter, much like HG/SS are made, because third games events are always canon. Characters from WT prove that. And WT is canon itself because Koga is not present as Elite Four members can't go to WT.
                        #139    
                      Old July 7th, 2012 (6:27 AM).
                      Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                      Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Gender: Other
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 5,601
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                        You mean that Steven references R/S/E player? It's doubtful because he says about trainers (not one trainer) who gave him tough battles. And he definitely says nothing about being beaten.

                        I think that R/S remakes will have basically Emerald storyline with Groudon/Kyogre encounter, much like HG/SS are made, because third games events are always canon. Characters from WT prove that. And WT is canon itself because Koga is not present as Elite Four members can't go to WT.
                        No actually all third games aren't canon and WT isn't Canon outside of existing. Giovanni isn't a Gym Leader anymore and is so in the Kanto League portion, thus proving it isn't Canon. We all know that the only way you could have encountered Giovanni was through the Celebi event.

                        Yellow's events are also not within the FR/LG remakes so Third games aren't all Canon. So far only 2 have shown to be canon and only 1 through Remakes as a Minor Side story. So if we go that route, Rayquaza's use would be a Minor Side Story just like Suicune's which was just a random add in and nothing more.

                        If they remake the games they are going to be true to the original titles, so if they remake Ruby and Sapphire, we are going to get Ruby and Sapphire. Odds of the opposite Legend appearing are fairly low unless they show up once as an off screen occurrence (Aqua/Magma awakens Kyogre/Groudon without your meddling cause you are too busy trying to stop the other team) and Rayquaza shows up to stop the fight on its own. After that you wouldn't be able to fins Kyogre if you are playing the Ruby Remake or Groudon if you are playing the Sapphire Remake.

                        And yes Steven was referencing the Main Characters. He said a couple of trainers that looked a like like all Main Characters within the same games do. The only MC's to be given actual names was Red. All the others when referenced are known as "A trainer" or "the Trainers".
                        __________________
                          #140    
                        Old July 7th, 2012 (7:03 AM).
                        Twilight-kun's Avatar
                        Twilight-kun Twilight-kun is offline
                        Pokémon World Champion
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2011
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 5,401
                          I think you'll be able to catch both legendary pokemon, since in HG/SS you could capture one during the main game and the other post-game, unlike in the original gold and silver

                          probably have Terra and Marine caves in their respective games while Rayquaza sleeps on Sky Pillar

                          I hope we'll be able to re-battle Steven (If he's not Champion) ala Red in HG/SS and the Elite Four's Pokemon get a level boost post-game like most Gen IV/V games

                          BW2 spoiler
                          Spoiler:
                          It look like we can only battle Alder once(?) in BW2 outside of the WT
                          __________________
                          YT|dA|After the Ashes: Sasha's Story|Ailette's Story|Walking with Gods
                            #141    
                          Old July 7th, 2012 (9:45 AM).
                          rocky505's Avatar
                          rocky505 rocky505 is offline
                          <Now who's awesome!
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2008
                            Location: Parrish, AL
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 1,332
                            You could get both lugia and ho-oh in gsc Twilight.
                            __________________
                            3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
                              #142    
                            Old July 7th, 2012 (10:06 AM).
                            wombateiro's Avatar
                            wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 497
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                              Yellow's events are also not within the FR/LG remakes so Third games aren't all Canon. So far only 2 have shown to be canon and only 1 through Remakes as a Minor Side story. So if we go that route, Rayquaza's use would be a Minor Side Story just like Suicune's which was just a random add in and nothing more.
                              To begin with, Yellow is special version, not third version. Japanese Blue is third version, so your argument is invalid. I think R/S remakes will have storyline from Emerald with addition of Groudon/Kyogre encounter before League, much like HG/SS were developed - storyline from canon third version, with mascot encounter added depending of your version.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                              If they remake the games they are going to be true to the original titles, so if they remake Ruby and Sapphire, we are going to get Ruby and Sapphire. Odds of the opposite Legend appearing are fairly low unless they show up once as an off screen occurrence (Aqua/Magma awakens Kyogre/Groudon without your meddling cause you are too busy trying to stop the other team) and Rayquaza shows up to stop the fight on its own. After that you wouldn't be able to fins Kyogre if you are playing the Ruby Remake or Groudon if you are playing the Sapphire Remake.
                              What you are saying now is denying to itself, because it looks more like edited Emerald's storyline, rather than original storylines from R/S. That storyline you suggested is not bad at all, but don't say it's original R/S because it's not true - both teams awakening their legendaries is something from Emerald, not from R/S.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                              No actually all third games aren't canon and WT isn't Canon outside of existing. Giovanni isn't a Gym Leader anymore and is so in the Kanto League portion, thus proving it isn't Canon. We all know that the only way you could have encountered Giovanni was through the Celebi event.
                              Giovanni appears as former Gym Leader, the same like Gary as former Champion. Koga doesn't appear because Elite Four members can't appear at WT. If it wasn't canon, Koga would appear as well. WT fits with Emerald being canon and having R/S remakes in gen 5.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                              And yes Steven was referencing the Main Characters. He said a couple of trainers that looked a like like all Main Characters within the same games do. The only MC's to be given actual names was Red. All the others when referenced are known as "A trainer" or "the Trainers".
                              Aha, so every time someone says "Trainer" it has to mean main character?
                              If he would be referring to main character from R/S/E he would say ONE Trainer, much like Cynthia says about that Pokemon trainer who encountered Giratina. I'm not going to reply about this because we're polluting this thread again.
                                #143    
                              Old July 7th, 2012 (10:35 AM).
                              Twilight-kun's Avatar
                              Twilight-kun Twilight-kun is offline
                              Pokémon World Champion
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2011
                                Age: 24
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Naughty
                                Posts: 5,401
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
                                You could get both lugia and ho-oh in gsc Twilight.
                                you could get a Silver Wing in Gold Version?
                                you could get a Rainbow Wing in Silver Version?

                                (I only played Crystal)
                                __________________
                                YT|dA|After the Ashes: Sasha's Story|Ailette's Story|Walking with Gods
                                  #144    
                                Old July 7th, 2012 (1:00 PM).
                                Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                                Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                                  Gender: Other
                                  Nature: Hasty
                                  Posts: 5,601
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                                  To begin with, Yellow is special version, not third version. Japanese Blue is third version, so your argument is invalid. I think R/S remakes will have storyline from Emerald with addition of Groudon/Kyogre encounter before League, much like HG/SS were developed - storyline from canon third version, with mascot encounter added depending of your version.



                                  What you are saying now is denying to itself, because it looks more like edited Emerald's storyline, rather than original storylines from R/S. That storyline you suggested is not bad at all, but don't say it's original R/S because it's not true - both teams awakening their legendaries is something from Emerald, not from R/S.



                                  Giovanni appears as former Gym Leader, the same like Gary as former Champion. Koga doesn't appear because Elite Four members can't appear at WT. If it wasn't canon, Koga would appear as well. WT fits with Emerald being canon and having R/S remakes in gen 5.



                                  Aha, so every time someone says "Trainer" it has to mean main character?
                                  If he would be referring to main character from R/S/E he would say ONE Trainer, much like Cynthia says about that Pokemon trainer who encountered Giratina. I'm not going to reply about this because we're polluting this thread again.
                                  Yellow is still classified as a third version internationally so your argument is invalid. Now please learn to read cause no its not an edited version of emearld. The only way emerald's little story addition with rayquaza could be done is at one of the few later points in the story when the opposing team isn't present the other team could awaken the opposite legend which will only appear for a short instance for the rayquaza cinematic. Otherwise they'll keep kyogre/groudon to their respective game placement. Even in HG/SS ho-oh and lugia wrte caught in the same place after the same events.

                                  And no, even for it to have giovanni as an ex gymleader he still could not be there because he was in hiding. He would notbe there if it were canon, not to mention cilan, cress, chili, lenora, and brycen who are not even needed in the unova league's lime up are still there as gymleaders making unova's gym count 11 with 13 leaders. They could have added koga if they wanted like giovanni, they simply chose not to. PWT isn't canon and doesn't hold any support to rumors.

                                  And yes even in b2w2 until you use memory link all references to hilbert/hilda are said as "the trainer(s)". Steven's reference in HG/SS were about brendan/may. Even cynthia's reference is amberdextrous enough to reference both dawn/lucas. They would not be programmed to say those things if not immediate References to the older games.

                                  PWT isn't credible reference for remake hints nor credible to current canon. Odds are the remakes will stick to ruby/sapphire's main story like the others did. There are only two points that the story can diverge from main plot to allow for rayquaza and opposite legend to appear. Off screen awakening of opposite, or after story event where you get to awaken the opposite legend yourself. Though last is less likely as they are pretty much going to keep the box legends exclusive likein the originals. Remaking emerald isn't likely either due to loss of sales, they'd make more with two games, we all know this, than they would with one remake.

                                  Still only credible references we have for remakes are steven's unneeded appearence in hg/ss and the new caves in b2w2. Sad to say that the most credible reference was in gen 4 which almost discredits it. Those are so far the only irrefutable references we have. Not much to say which system it'll be on. Still since the dsi is gunna be discontinued, good chance that it'll be for the 3ds. I still support gen 6 cause it doesn't make sense for two main games to be on two seperate main systems.
                                  __________________
                                    #145    
                                  Old July 7th, 2012 (1:08 PM).
                                  Twilight-kun's Avatar
                                  Twilight-kun Twilight-kun is offline
                                  Pokémon World Champion
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2011
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Naughty
                                    Posts: 5,401
                                    Giovanni wasn't in hiding, he was training

                                    "There is nothing I wish to say to you.
                                    I will concentrate solely on bettering myself, and none other."
                                    "Having lost, I cannot face my underlings! Team Rocket is finished forever! I will dedicate my life to the study of Pokémon. Let us meet again someday! Farewell!"

                                    Archer:
                                    "Oh? You managed to get this far...? You must be quite the Trainer. We intend to take over this Radio Tower and officially announce our comeback. That should bring our boss Giovanni back from his solitary training. We are going to regain our former glory... I will not allow you to interfere with our meticulous plans!"

                                    wonder if they'll have w WT in the remakes or not
                                    __________________
                                    YT|dA|After the Ashes: Sasha's Story|Ailette's Story|Walking with Gods
                                      #146    
                                    Old July 7th, 2012 (1:45 PM).
                                    rocky505's Avatar
                                    rocky505 rocky505 is offline
                                    <Now who's awesome!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2008
                                      Location: Parrish, AL
                                      Age: 24
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 1,332
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
                                      you could get a Silver Wing in Gold Version?
                                      you could get a Rainbow Wing in Silver Version?

                                      (I only played Crystal)
                                      Silver wing was in pewter in gold and crystal.
                                      Rainbow Wong was in pewter in silver
                                      Rainbow wing was given to you by capturing entei, raikou and suicune in crystal after talking to eusine in celedon.
                                      __________________
                                      3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
                                        #147    
                                      Old July 7th, 2012 (2:43 PM).
                                      wombateiro's Avatar
                                      wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Dec 2011
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 497
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
                                        wonder if they'll have w WT in the remakes or not
                                        There might be World Conference in remakes - place where you could choose which Gym Leader or Champion you battle and all battles would be with six Pokemon, not only three like in WT. Steven could be battled in this (Wallace would stay at League).

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                                        Yellow is still classified as a third version internationally so your argument is invalid. Now please learn to read cause no its not an edited version of emearld. The only way emerald's little story addition with rayquaza could be done is at one of the few later points in the story when the opposing team isn't present the other team could awaken the opposite legend which will only appear for a short instance for the rayquaza cinematic. Otherwise they'll keep kyogre/groudon to their respective game placement. Even in HG/SS ho-oh and lugia wrte caught in the same place after the same events.

                                        And no, even for it to have giovanni as an ex gymleader he still could not be there because he was in hiding. He would notbe there if it were canon, not to mention cilan, cress, chili, lenora, and brycen who are not even needed in the unova league's lime up are still there as gymleaders making unova's gym count 11 with 13 leaders. They could have added koga if they wanted like giovanni, they simply chose not to. PWT isn't canon and doesn't hold any support to rumors.
                                        Yellow is not third version. International classification means nothing, only Japanese one is correct. That's why they remade Japanese Red/Green, not international Red/Blue.

                                        If you want to keep original R/S storyline in remakes, both legendaries can't be awaken because one of the teams in not evil. The storyline you suggested is closer to Emerald, rather than to R/S, because of having both teams doing evil work. However I'm not saying it's bad plot because it's alright.

                                        Still, WT is imo canon because all trainers who were free to participate, are there. Giovanni wasn't hiding. Koga couldn't participate because of being Elite Four member. There is nothing conflicting with canon.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                                        And yes even in b2w2 until you use memory link all references to hilbert/hilda are said as "the trainer(s)". Steven's reference in HG/SS were about brendan/may. Even cynthia's reference is amberdextrous enough to reference both dawn/lucas. They would not be programmed to say those things if not immediate References to the older games.
                                        I'm saying it for the last time - ONE trainer can be referred as protagonist of each generation. Steven doesn't say about that one special trainer from R/S/E. He says about group of random trainers he battled with.
                                          #148    
                                        Old July 7th, 2012 (3:03 PM).
                                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                                        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2010
                                          Location: Oregon
                                          Age: 23
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Careful
                                          Posts: 17,452
                                          There is another scenerio that could still make Emerald Canon but wouldn't necessary make Hoenn take place after HgSS' time. Remember we can fight Steven post game in Emerald, he could've been refering to that (though he also called himself champion...) while Wallace was still champ. Both sets of remakes only made things harder to decipher for RS' remakes and it's own timeline (though I think it's somewhere between FrLG's time and HgSs').
                                          __________________
                                          # TeamRowlet
                                          I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                                          https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                                          https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                                            #149    
                                          Old July 7th, 2012 (3:09 PM).
                                          Twilight-kun's Avatar
                                          Twilight-kun Twilight-kun is offline
                                          Pokémon World Champion
                                             
                                            Join Date: Mar 2011
                                            Age: 24
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Nature: Naughty
                                            Posts: 5,401
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                                            There is another scenerio that could still make Emerald Canon but wouldn't necessary make Hoenn take place after HgSS' time. Remember we can fight Steven post game in Emerald, he could've been refering to that (though he also called himself champion...) while Wallace was still champ. Both sets of remakes only made things harder to decipher for RS' remakes and it's own timeline (though I think it's somewhere between FrLG's time and HgSs').
                                            and the whole "Sootopolis Space center" typo

                                            that's a biggie
                                            __________________
                                            YT|dA|After the Ashes: Sasha's Story|Ailette's Story|Walking with Gods
                                              #150    
                                            Old July 7th, 2012 (3:16 PM).
                                            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                                            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                                            10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2010
                                              Location: Oregon
                                              Age: 23
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Careful
                                              Posts: 17,452
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
                                              and the whole "Sootopolis Space center" typo

                                              that's a biggie
                                              Right there is a possibility it's a typo too. I was about to say in my other post that someone should check the original japanese to see what it says (sometimes their's translation errors).

                                              So far the Hoenn Elite four are the only one's who lack VS. sprites along with it's Frontier Brains.
                                              __________________
                                              # TeamRowlet
                                              I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                                              https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                                              https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                                              Closed Thread

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:16 AM.