• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Kanto's Rebirth [T] [IC]

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
  • Pokémon: Kanto's Rebirth (IC)

kantomap.jpg

Background;

'I wanna be the very best,
    Like no one ever was.
    To catch them is my real test,
    To train them is my cause.
    '​

Kanto is seen as the original region throughout the Pokémon world. It is here that the art of Pokémon training began. Pokémon battling was always very popular in the region, and the tradition lasts to this day with young people from all over the globe idolizing and watching their favourite Pokémon trainers on their journey.

Over the years, very little has changed about the region geographically. Kanto still has its very luscious, green landscape that appeals to many making it a popular tourist destination. Celadon city and Saffron city both remain as the most urban areas found in the region. However as rare Pokémon were being found in foreign countries, many species were brought into the region over time. These Pokémon are mainly few and far between, however there are some species that are in plentiful supply. Also, many of the Gym leaders have either been replaced or have been removed completely and moved to other towns and cities. The Elite Four has experienced two changes, with both Koga and Karen have both left and been replaced by those who were seen as the most suitable replacements. Also Pokéathalons and Pokémon Contests have been introduced to the region to the excitement of many non-battlers.
    Pokémon are used for many reasons in the region; battling, pets, workers, actors, travelling companions and many more. Obviously, the first option is the most popular with many trainers striving to be the strongest and one day become champion, but the a lot of Pokémon are used for more than the obvious choice, especially with the introduction of Pokémon Contests and Pokéathalons.

It has been widely reported that Team Rocket has returned yet again, along with their leader Giovanni. The last two revivals occurred without their original leader and they weren't the force they used to be without a recognized leader. It seems that Team Rocket are a pain in the backside for Kanto as they just won't seem to leave their region alone, much to the dismay of the Kantonians. However, they seem to be their usual selves as they aren't any more discreet than they were during their previous attacks on Kanto, often leaving clues to any missions they carry out, which often was their downfall in previous attempts to take over Kanto.

You;

'I will travel across the land,
    Searching far and wide.
    Each Pokémon to understand,
    The power that's inside.
    '​

Every year, Professor Oak sends out a letter to three young people aged between ten and sixteen throughout the region of Kanto who he believes has great potential to become a successful Pokémon trainer. Each year, he gives each of these trainers a Pokémon to raise and care for, as well as a Pokédex to fill out info on the many Pokémon in the world. He keeps in contact with each of the young people he gave a Pokémon to and stays up to date with their adventure. Every so often he sends one of his Aides to give something of use to each trainer. Throughout the region he is seen as one of the kindest men to grace the world.

However, this year with thanks to Professor Juniper, Oak has six Pokémon to give out to people with potential to make it as great Pokémon trainers. You are one of the six trainers selected by Professor Oak, and have made your way to Pallet town to thank the Professor as well as receive your very own partner Pokémon along with a state of the art Pokédex! You then begin your journey around the region of Kanto, visiting all areas of the region on your way to obtaining all eight badges and competing in the famous Indigo Plateau competition! On your journey you may meet up with, and even travel with your fellow players, encounter some very powerful trainers (including an Elite Four member of your choice) and maybe even venture to the Sevii Isles if you guys think it's a good idea!

Rules;

'You teach me and I'll teach you,
    Pokemon! gotta catch'em all!
    '​

1) Follow all existing PC roleplaying rules.
    2) Please, don't god-mod.
    3) Let us know if you'll be inactive.
    4) Make your reply as long as you possibly can.
    5) I will decide if you capture the pokemon or not, leave the ball rocking at the end of your comment.
    6) You can decide whether the opponent does or does not faint when facing an NPC (which you can battle at any time).
    7) When battling another player, please come to a conclusion of who is to win between yourselves. You can even let the match end in a draw. If you cannot come to a decision, I will decide on the winner based on who's posts are more descriptive.
    8) This roleplay will take place in chapters. You do not need to keep up with everyone else, or be in the right chapter. However it is advised as if you're not you may miss important events.
    9) This roleplay is not based on levels, therefore you can let your Pokémon learn moves at any time, however try not to be unrealistic. However, I will inform you when your Pokémon is able to evolve, then it is your decision if your Pokémon will evolve or not. Once I've let you know your Pokémon can evolve, you can do so at any time.
    10) You may carry around as many Pokémon as you wish to, similar to in the Manga. If you decide you don't want to carry around certain Pokémon, you can store them in the 'box' which is accessible at every Pokémon Center.
    11) Reserves last 48 hours.

Last edited:

MrFantasy

Mysterious Trainer
    Years
  • A young boy named Axel around the age of 15 has just reached the end of Route 1 heading into Pallet Town where the world renounced Professor Oak lives. The wind blows through his shaggy long hair slightly and he has a look of determination on his face that is projected from his eye blue eyes. He cracked his knuckles and grinned. He knew he'd be a Pokemon master, no matter what it took. "I'm finally here." He says to himself as he walks up a tall hill and reaches the front doors of Professor Oaks lab. He trembles a bit as he reaches for the door. "He chose me to come here so I know I can do it." He then grabs the door handle and pulls it open coming into the bright illumination of the lab. He smiled, his Pokemon journey was about to begin.

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Chapter 1

Pallet Town

300px-Pallet_Town_HGSS.png

Pallet town is a small, quaint town in western Kanto. There is very little services in an area that doesn't really require them. There are a few shops owned by local people selling groceries but none sell Pokémon related goods. There are only a few houses in the rural town. Pallet is surrounded by dense forestry which is very hard to go through so it is recommended that you avoid it. In the south-east of the town lies the world renowned Oak Laboratory, where the Professor is awaiting your arrival. Upon your arrival you will be gifted the Pokémon you have previously selected in your SU, along with a Pokédex and a number of Pokéballs. After you receive your starter you may travel the small town, and socialize with the locals. One of the locals gives each new trainer five Oran Berries.. You can create the appearance and personality of this character yourselves, or you can choose to completely ignore the event and not got the Berries.

Available Pokémon;

Only your starter.

What may, may not and must do;

- You must travel in Pallet Town.
    - You must receive your starter Pokémon.
    - You may have as many posts as you wish in Pallet Town.
    - You may not interact with other roleplayers here, you all arive at different times.

Route 1

200px-Kanto_Route_1_HGSS.png

Heading north from Pallet Town, Trainers must make their way around a large but very primitive route, that will become their very first route they will explore on their journey. The route is riddled with large patches of tall grass, and ledges that contour from far east to all to the far west, blocking off most of the route making it hard to travel north, only to have small gaps by which the road has been broken into it.

Available Pokémon;

Common;
    019.gif
    016.gif
    263.gif
    399.gif

Uncommon;
    029.gif
    032.gif
    163.gif
    261.gif

Rare;
    025.gif
    179.gif
    403.gif

What may, may not and must do;

- You must go into Route 1.
    - You may catch the Pokémon you battled.
    - You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • Part 1: First Steps

Oak Pokemon Laboratory.
    The sign's inscription confronted Hunter like nothing he had ever come across. On one hand, he was finally going to receive his first Pokemon, an event that would inevitably change his life forever. On the other hand, the entirety of his life had been leading up to this moment, and now he had no idea what to expect. It was a truly daunting moment.

Looking up at the sky, which was still a pinkish shade of dawn, Hunter breathed in deeply, steadying his nerves. The air was cold and tasted of dew. It had a mesmerizing effect, and accepting the feeling of the adrenaline pumping through his veins, Hunter walked up to the Laboratory's front door and placed his hand on the knob.

The interior of the research center was not what Hunter had imagined it to be like. Instead of being a rather alien place, filled with test tubes and unearthly experiments, it was a rather cosy place. Several scientists sat around a table engaging in early morning chit-chat. Another was busying himself at a small kitchen setup, getting his daily dosage of caffeine. Indeed, it was further from Hunter's imagined scene than he could believe. One or two machines sat in a corner of the carpeted floor, humming gently, but by no means were they unnerving. Hunter breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that Professor Oak wasn't some crazy scientist after all, and allowed himself to smile slightly. Then again, I still haven't seen Oak.

This dilemma was solved within seconds as a kind-looking man in a lab coat strolled over from the other side of the room, whistling to himself and flipping through sheets on a clipboard. He looked to be in his mid-fifties, a hint of grey just starting to poke through his light brown hair. He looked up from the clipboard and looked surprised when he saw Hunter standing near the doorway. "Well, you're certainly early!" His voice completed the perception of being a kind man; it was filled with grace, hospitality, and experience. Hunter suddenly found himself feeling right at home in the man's presence. "I'm Oak, as you may have guessed. And I have no doubts about who you are! Right this way!"

Professor Oak led Hunter into a section of the Lab which was more secluded than the entrance lobby. This was evidently where the more scientific stuff went on, but again, there were no horrifying experiments taking place. Just more gently-humming machines, which Hunter imagined would be quite placid if they were sentient beings. Oak walked around the other side of a table in the middle of the room and placed himself on a comfy-looking armchair. He began to flip through more sheets of paper, but noticed Hunter was still standing, and directed him to sit in a chair identical to his own. "Please, don't just stand there. You'll make me uneasy!" he laughed. Hunter did so, and thought this is either going to be an interrogation, or the best job interview of my life.

After several moments, the Professor began to speak. "You certainly don't talk much, do you?" Hunter smiled awkwardly and tried to laugh, but all that came out was a nervous "eheeeah..."
    Oak smiled. "No worry. What's your name?"
    "Hunter Martell."
    After a few seconds of scrambling through more sheets of paper, Oak let out a satisfied "ah, yes, that's right, here we are!" In his hands was something Hunter recognized to be his Pokemon Trainer license form. His one-way pass to becoming a Master. "Ah, you know what this is, do you? Well, simply put, it dictates that you'll treat Pokemon as equals and do your utmost to prevent harm from befalling them. Beyond that it's just a bunch of really boring legal stuff with no real use. I'll need you to just sign this one at the bottom there..."

Several forms later, Oak clapped his hands together and leaned back in his seat. "Well, that's that! I bet you've been waiting for this for a long time, eh? Come with me." He stood and walked over to one of the larger-sized machines in the room. Hunter followed suit. The Professor waited for Hunter to join him next to the whirring contraption, and then pushed a button on its surface. A glass section slid open, revealing something Hunter had only ever seen on TV. His anticipation was hard to contain as Oak pointed to the six objects in turn. "Pokeballs. But you already knew that, didn't you? Each one contains a Pokemon. This one is Bulbasaur, this one a Charmande-"
    Hunter cut him off before he could go on. "I'll take Charmander."
    "You're sure? I haven't told you what the others are, yet. Every Pokemon is different, remember!"
    "I'm sure." And he was. After all, a Charizard was the first Pokemon he had ever imagined himself owning. Every time he thought about his future, the fire-breathing reptile was always present.
    Oak smiled warmly and gestured from Hunter to take the Pokeball. "It's yours." Trembling, Hunter reached into the machine and grasped the orange-sized ball. It slid out of its holster with a small click!. "I suppose you're ready to meet your new friend, hmm?"

Seconds later, Hunter was greeted with a loud yawn from a very sleepy-looking, very brightly-coloured bipedal lizard. The flame at the tip of its tail pulsed gently, synchronized with the reptile's heartbeat. "Chaaaaar..." It looked up at Hunter, and there was something in its eyes, something that just said it wanted Hunter to be its Trainer. Hunter bent down and extended his arms, which was all it took for the Charmander to leap over to him with a happy-sounding cry. "We're gonna be the best of pals, Charmander!"
    Oak smiled yet again, pleased with the obvious bond between these two beings. "Some things you should know. Charmander can be very temperamental. This particular one is a male, so natural territorial instincts will kick in eventually. Try not to do anything that might upset it. The flame on its tail is like its life force, never let it get extinguished. Oh, and you can nickname it, if you like!"
    Hunter looked at the creature in his arms and grinned. "Charmer." The lizard seemed to nod in affirmation that this was, in fact, its name.

Minutes later, Hunter was standing at the entrance to the Lab yet again, this time shaking Oak's hand and smiling. Not only had Hunter been given his first Pokemon, he had also received five empty Pokeballs and an encyclopedia-like gadget called a Pokedex. "Thankyou so much, Professor."
    "Well, it's my duty! But, I hope you do well. Between you and me, that particular Charmander is in extremely good shape. Now then, it's time for you to leave, I'm afraid. I have quite a few more Trainers to give Pokemon to. Hunter... Your very own Pokemon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits!"

Standing outside on the still-damp grass, Hunter looked down at the Pokeball in his hand. "Let's go."

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Manganum: Great way to start the roleplay, well done! Especially loved the way you portrayed Oak's Lab.

Hunter received a Charmander!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Kanto Rebirth
    Chapter 1: Pallet Town
    Post 1

Rayne had gone to bed reasonably early the night before, using the guest room of her friend's house in Pallet Town. She had already packed her bag, ready for the next day when she would start her journey with her Pokemon, hopefully Squirtle. For years she had spent thinking long and hard about whom she wanted to choose. Even after the Professor was given several other new Pokemon from a different region to give to new trainers, Rayne knew she still wanted to start with a Squirtle.

There was something about that water type, especially never seeing one on her parents' farm, that made her want to own one, especially having one as her starter Pokemon on her journey. A lot of her friends started off with Charmander when they got their starter from Professor Oak and it grew into the Flying and Fire type Charizard who could learn amazing dragon moves, but a Blastoise – she didn't know; Rayne just couldn't shake her feeling that she didn't want anything but a Squirtle.

Her ability to understand Pokemon would not strain the relationship she knew her Pokemon would share – actually, it could bring them closer together.

The morning came, and so did the first ray of sunlight into the room, casting a brilliant yellow glow over the alarm clock that read six AM in the morning. The black-haired girl stirred in her bed, before she sat up. It didn't take her more than five minutes to crawl out and slip into the guest restroom to shower.

Once she had cleaned up her bed-hair, washed up, and changed into new clothing, she took her bag and slung it over her shoulder before walking out of the door. Her friend's parents were already awake and at the front table. "Rayne, good morning," whispered her friend's father with a grin. "You ready for your big day?"

"Absolutely. Thank you for having me, Mr. Marne," Rayne said with a nod of her head. She looked up, only to see Mrs. Marne come out from the kitchen with a small tray in her hands. "And thank you as well, Mrs. Marne; for your hospitality."

"I'm just glad you could stay with us for a few days, Rayne," Mrs. Marne said, putting down the tray and approaching the sixteen year-old, arms out in an embrace. After the hug, she took the tray back in her hands. "Now Rayne, I made you some berry tarts. They are an excellent breakfast and also very healthy for you."

Rayne grinned and took the small box of tarts that Mrs. Marne had laid on the tray. "Thank you, Mrs. Marne. Your food is just delightful, and I'm sure these tarts won't be different at all."

After Rayne's friend wished her good luck on her journey, Rayne left with high hopes and with her friend watching her leave. The lab was a ten minute walk down the road, so Rayne took the time to eat two of the tarts out of the five prepared for her. Mrs. Marne's cooking was definitely some of the best cooking in Pallet Town alone.

By the time Rayne reached the lab, it was a little bit after seven. With a few knocks on the door, it was quickly answered by an elderly looking professor, and Rayne recognized him completely as the infamous Professor Oak – one of the most well-known Pokemon Researchers in the world.

"And you are?" the professor began with a small grin.

"My name is Rayne Recluse, from Fuchsia City," Rayne responded, returning the grin.

"Ah, yes, Miss Rayne, please come on in," the professor stepped aside, allowing the sixteen year-old girl entrance inside. "Please follow me." The professor guided Rayne through a few short hallways before they arrived in a large, sun-lit lab. A table was set out in the middle, and several Pokeballs were laid out.

The Professor stood out in front of the table, "I'm sure you know who the starters are?" the professor asked, and Rayne nodded.

"Yes, and I already know who I want to start with," she said.

"Oh?"

Rayne nodded. "Yes. I want to start with Squirtle." The Professor grinned and grabbed the third Pokeball on the table, turning to place it in Rayne's hand.

"Why don't you call it out," the professor suggested, and Rayne nodded her head.

With years of expertise and practice, Rayne threw the Pokeball up into the air. In a flash of white light, a Pokemon appeared on the ground, and when the light cleared, a light blue turtle Pokemon was standing there.

"(Hello)," it said to Rayne, looking up at her with a grin.

"Hello to you too, Squirtle," Rayne grinned, kneeling down to pick up the tiny turtle Pokemon. "I'm Rayne. I'm going to be your new trainer. Would you like that?"

"(Oh, yes, I'd love it)," Rayne's new Squirtle said, nudging the line of her neck with the edge of its head.

"Rayne?" Rayne turned to the Professor with Squirtle hanging onto her shoulder. He had a few devices in his hands, but quickly cast a glance between her and Squirtle. "Well, it looks like you and your Squirtle are already getting along. Did you want to nickname him?"

Rayne cast a glance to her Squirtle, "What about Shellshock?" she asked, and Squirtle clapped its hands together.

"(I like that name)," it mused.

"Shellshock, it is," Rayne grinned, before turning back to the professor.

"Well Rayne, I'm sure you know what these are; this is a Pokedex, which records data on Pokemon you see or catch," he hands her the first device, a black rectangular pad-like object. "It also has your trainer identification on there as well, so don't lose it." Rayne nodded. "And these, are Pokeballs. All of them are empty, so you can use them to catch wild Pokemon. I don't need to remind you how to catch a Pokemon, do I?" he joked lightly.

"Not at all, Professor," Rayne said, taking the Pokeballs and attaching them to her belt.

"Excellent," he grinned. "Now, two more things: the first thing is that you can send me any Pokemon you want me to look after from the Pokemon Center's transfer machine. And I'd love it if you could keep me updated on your journey."

"Of course, Professor. I'll even call you when I reach Viridian City to tell you what Pokemon I've caught."

"Excellent, and good luck Rayne," the professor said. "I'll be looking for you at the Indigo Plateau."

"I'll try my hardest Professor, don't you worry," Rayne said, heading towards the door with Squirtle still in her arms,

"Oh, I'm not worried at all." The Professor laughed before Rayne stepped out of the lab and into her journey. With her starter Squirtle at her side she knew she could do anything, be anything.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Royal: Great post! I was eager to find out how Rayne would be able to communicate with the Pokémon and I wasn't disappointed.

Rayne received a Squirtle!

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Jett Minks
    Chapter 1, Part 1

It felt like a good five minutes that Jett was just standing in front of the door. His hands were shaking, his face was red, and his heart was beating far faster than it should have been. But he mustered up the courage that fifth minute to do something the he knew he could do despite any trembling or doubtful thought. He knocked on the door.

Normally that would be a small feat, but today he was alone in Pallet Town, knocking on the door of Professor Oak's Lab, about to get his first Pokemon. To have enough courage to not turn back around and give up was a pretty big deal. Not that Jett would have ever given up, he was too prideful a boy for that.

The door opened up to reveal a man in a white lab coat, old with grey hair. This man was Professor Oak, the reason Jett was here right now. The older man greeted Jett, "Hello, come on inside. You're here to get your Pokemon, correct?"

A slight nod as he walked in the door was all the confirmation the fifteen-year-old gave, brave enough to knock, but not yet to speak as it seemed. "Well then please follow me," was the Professor's follow up, leading Jett toward the back of the lab, a place vastly different than the teenager had imagined. It was a cozy place, warm, and the researchers were much more casual than he had envisioned.

"I am Professor Oak," the older man spoke, "as you likely already guessed."

He picked up a clipboard off of his desk, next to the table that, Jett observed, held the Pokeballs for the new trainers. "So, what is your name?" questioned the Professor.

"Jett Minks," Jett replied. Well his voice had returned to him.

The Professor let out a chuckle, likely at Jett's tone of voice. Oak had seen many of his kind of trainer before, far too overconfident, the type who always would strive to be better than others. In his years the old man had learned to identify potential, but also the weaknesses a trainer would face, though he said nothing about it. A trainer would surely only learn through experience.
    Handing Jett a form from the desk, he spoke, "If you would, fill that out. It's for your trainer's license."

Jett took the form, sitting down and analyzing it. He looked up for a moment. "I'm from Johto, originally. Will that make any difference?" he inquired.
    Professor Oak shook his head. "It shouldn't. Unless you're a convicted criminal," he teased.

Jett didn't laugh, just went back to filling out his form in silence. As he worked the Professor began to speak. "Now I don't know how much you've thought about what Pokemon you want, but two are already taken. Charmander and Squirtle were claimed earlier this morning so that leaves you with-"

"Done," stated Jett, holding out his form. Oak looked slightly annoyed by the interruption, but this was another thing he'd learned to deal with.

"Well then it's time to get your Pokemon," he said, gesturing to the table Jett had spotted earlier. The teenager stood up, looking at the Pokeballs sitting atop it. Two were gone, leaving four. Honestly he hadn't even considered which one he wanted.

The Proffessor opened his mouth to explain his choices, but before he could do so Jett grabbed a ball at random.
    "This one is the one I want," he said, as if he actually knew what it was. In hindsight it might not have been the best decision, but it wasn't like any of the Pokemon were bad.

Professor Oak looked genuinely surprised. He smiled. "Okay, well let it out then," the man instructed.
    And Jett did. White light flashed from the Pokeball, fading to the form of a small, orange pig-like Pokemon. So he had chosen Tepig then. He crouched down to the small Pokemon's level, intrigued.

"Be careful," Oak advised, having seen too many incidents between kids and the starters before.
    Jett ghosted his hands underneath the firey pig, causing it to back up a little. "Teeeh..." it sounded, weary of it's new trainer. "It's okay," Jett coaxed, looking it in the eyes.

The Tepig was soothed by this, relaxing into Jett's hands as the boy picked him up.
    "Luca," Jett said, continuing as Tepig looked around to him, confused, "Is what I'll call you, okay?"

"Te!" answered the Tepig, a sound of agreement.

"Well, Jett, I suppose you can go now," Professor Oak said, gathering up Jett's Pokeballs and Pokedex and giving them to the new trainer. Jett sorted them away in his backpack, picking up Luca again, and walking towards the door. "Thank you," he said, more of a mutter or a mumble than an actual statement. Jett was never the expressive type.

"Well good luck," came Oak's final words to Jett before the boy walked out the door, now fully confident in himself with the company of his Pokemon.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    (OOC: If it's no big deal, I'm going to write my post as if my character were the last to go to Oak's lab)

The sun was already beginning its descent in the sky by the time Bennet had set his feet on solid ground for the first time in what was seemingly hours. Being that he was coming from Fuchsia City to Pallet Town, the easiest and most direct form of transport was by boat, across the water that separated the two places. Of course, arranging personal transport via boat from Fuchsia to Pallet wasn't particularly easy, but whatever the means, Bennet reached his destination, and that was all that mattered.

Practically bouncing from the excitement of getting a Pokemon at long last along with not being cooped up in a boat for one of the first times that day, the young soon-to-be Trainer made his way towards the Oak Pokemon Research Facility, drinking in his surroundings all the while. His trips into the Safari Zone aside, this was the boy's first time outside of his hometown. Pallet was certainly far smaller than Fuchsia, but that was almost a welcome change. The typical business and noise of the large city was nothing more than gentle goings to and fro, only a few people roamed the streets, and all of the faces were new. Bennet would normally have explored the town more, but he had somewhere to go, something important to do. It was that business that drove him across the gulf, and now moved his feet ever closer to the laboratory.

The lab was surprisingly homey once one got inside it. People chatted over lunch, which was being prepared in a kitchen-like area. Others were walking about, they, unlike Bennet, knew their way around the lab, and had somewhere to go. This wasn't Bennet's first time in a laboratory, but it certainly wasn't like the ones that his mother and father used. Not as many machines, larger, more people, not as many Pokemon.

Before he could observe the lab further, there was a soft crunch to his side. The source of the sound none other than the world-renowned Professor Oak, who was munching on an apple. Everything about him matched up with what Bennet had seen on television, as his parents were avid fans of the professor's and watched almost any program he appeared on. The stern, yet warm face, the light brown hair that was slowly greying, his classic white lab coat, he was definitely taller in person, and seemed to have a sort of aura to him, like he radiated knowledge and experience. Though, unlike other celebrities might, he wasn't at all intimidating. He seemed like a person you could talk to, not at all distant.

"You're Bennet, I take it?" the voice that Bennet had only ever heard through an electronic medium asked.

"Yes sir-ee." Bennet responded without difficulty, smiling as he did. "And you're Professor Oak, as everybody knows."

The professor nodded. "Please, follow me." He said, and began walking. Bennet began to follow him, looking around the lab as he did. There were several machines with blinking colors, lowly buzzing. Bennet could only guess their purpose, and would normally ask, but chose not to.

Suddenly, the professor stopped, and Bennet nearly walked right into him, stopping abruptly before he did. It took him a few moments to realize that they had reached their destination. A table, fitted with several holes to hold Pokeballs. The problem was, most of them were empty, only one was filled.

"Normally, there wold be more variety to choose from. But seeing as you're the last one to arrive..." Oak trailed off.

I'm the last one? That was some boat ride. Bennet leaned in towards the singular ball. "Well, which Pokemon is in it?"

"There's one way to find out." Oak said.

Bennet reached for the Pokeball, grabbing it and removing it from the hole it was neatly placed in. Almost as if one cue, the ball opened and a white light appeared, startling Bennet. The light faded and laying on the table was a curled green ball.

"That's a Snivy. A Pokemon naturally from Unova, it was given to me by Professor Juniper. It's a Grass-type Pokemon, and a very laid-back one at that." Oak explained.

Bennet, never taking his eyes off the Pokemon, saw a pointed head rise from the mass of green. A yellow leaf that somewhat resembled a collar pointed out from its neck, yellow circles surrounded its half-open red eyes. It yawned, and the looked directly at the unfamiliar human before it. Bennet and the Snivy stared at each other for several moments, not a sound was made. Bennet lifted it from the table suddenly and held it in front of him. He stared at it some more, and it continued to look him dead in the eye, not seeming phased at all.

Suddenly, Bennet burst out. "Oh, wow! This is just fantastic! He's so cool, and we're gonna have such a great time adventuring all over and we'll best friends forever and this is the greatest thing to ever happen to me and-" his speech continued to get faster and more incomprehensible as time went on.

"Don't hurt her now." Oak said, though Bennet could hardly hear him.

He was giving the Snivy a rather tight hug at the moment, but he released it as soon as the professor's words hit him. Nonchalantly, the Pokemon worked its way around Bennet's arm, eventually coiling around his neck and laying its head on his shoulder. It fanned out its tail and closed its eyes.

"So it's a girl Snivy, huh?" Bennet asked, and the professor nodded. "Okay. Good to know." He said as he and Oak began to walk towards the exit, the Snivy still planted firmly on Bennet's shoulders.

The two exited the laboratory and Bennet turned to the professor. "Thank you so so much, Professor Oak. This is such a neat opportunity, and I'm really thankful to be given the chance." he said sincerely to the man. Professor Oak simply smiled in return. "It's no trouble at all. Now go on, have an adventure. Meet and befriend many Pokemon, be careful, have fun, and don't forget to slow down and look every once in awhile." he said.

As he began to leave, Bennet turned back to Oak. "Don't worry, Professor, I will." he called, waving his hand in goodbye as Oak returned the gesture. Bennet looked to his shoulder, where the Snivy's head still rested. "Now I wonder what I'm going to call you."

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    centurysprite.png

[ C E N T U R Y ]
    Current PKMN party
    N/A

Act I, Chapter I
    The bright sun beams down onto Century, who gazes up to it through the tinted lenses of his black sunglasses. "Only a couple more minutes.." He thinks to himself as he nears Pallet Town, the location of the very much respected Dr. Oak's Laboratory. He had walked all morning from Viridian City, where he had stayed last night in anticipation of receiving his first Pokémon. The path that lay in front of him looked very worn from the feet of the many trainers that have walked this very same path before him. Trees surround the path on each side, and in the heavily wooded forests, he can hear and recognize the calls of Pokémon that he has studied for so long.

Being from Pewter City, Century always had a like for rock Pokémon. When he was around twelve years old, the Pewter City Gym Leader, Brock had offered Century a chance to train under him, as if it were like Brock could sense that Century's bond with Pokémon are strong. But unfortunately, thanks to the anti-Pokémon nature of his parents, he was not allowed to undergo training by Brock and had to force his own way and leave home to get the chance to go on a Pokémon adventure.

The thought caused Century to take a grip on his Pewter City gym badge necklace that dangled around his neck. Nobody was going to take his chance to become a trainer now. The thought of having his precious to-be Pokémon taken away sent chills down his spine.

He slowly but surely kept on his pace to Pallet Town, and came across a hill which he couldn't see over. The very prospect of Pallet Town and Oak's Lab being on the other side sent a jolt of electricity and energy through Century, as he made a quick dash to ascend the hill.

Looking down from the top, was Pallet Town. The pond that lay in front of the town seemed to glow, as Century's pace hurried step by step. Soon after, he finds himself directly in front of Professor Oak's lab. The shadow that building cast over Century engulfed him, as he entered the front door.

Century scans the laboratory, starting with the white tile floors. The lights from the ceiling seem to illuminate the floor as if it were some sort of magic trick. The walls are covered with bookshelves, filled with many, many books about Pokémon, a few of which Century recognizes. He looks around at the moving objects. White lab coats are everywhere, and Pokémon are being examined in numerous locations.

"Ahh, you must be Chris -- The one Brock was talking about." A voice in front of him says. Century looks ahead to see Professor Oak, in the flesh.

"Century." He corrects the Professor, as Oak nods his head.

"Ah! I see. Well Century, I'm going to assume you aren't here to chit-chat, as many others have been through here and gotten their Pokémon already!" Oak says with a smile. "Shall we?"

Century nods. Only a few Pokéballs remain in the casing that had been provided with them. "Brock recommended this Bulbasaur here for you, he said that it's personality would mesh well with yours." Oak says with a large grin on his face.

"Well, if Brock says it will suit me, it must. He is the master of Pokémon training." Century thinks to himself.

"I'll take it." He says out loud. Oak smiles.

"Very well, here."

With those words, he removes the Pokéball from the holster with a loud 'click' and hands it to Century. Century presses the button in the center of the ball and points it toward the ground. Out comes a green, small plant like looking Pokémon.

"Bullllba!" It exclaims in excitement before running over to Century.

"Brock was right, it really does like you." Oak rubs his hand on his chin, before turning back to the holster. "Here's something else you're going to need on your journey--" Oak begins before pausing to hand Century a red Pokédex, and a handful of Pokéballs. "The Pokédex is for identifying Pokémon. Here, try it on your Bulbasaur!"

Century nods and flips the Pokédex open, pointing it at his Bulbsaur.

Spr_5b_001.png

"Bulbasaur, the seed Pokémon. Bulbasaur can be seen napping in bright sunlight. There is a seed on its back. By soaking up the sun's rays, the seed grows progressively larger."

A mechanical voice emits itself from the Pokedex. "Huh. Cool." Century says with a slight grin on his face.

"Well, I shouldn't keep you Century. A wild Pokémon adventure awaits you!" Oak says, nodding slowly. Century acknowledges this and shakes the Professor's hand.

"Thank you very much, Professor. I'll be sure to keep in touch."

With those words, Century leaves the lab.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • (OOC: I had no classes today, so I decided to write my second chapter. Keep in mind that the person who gives you the Oran berries doesn't have to be anything like mine!)

Part 2: A World of Dreams and Adventures!

dpicon004.png

So much to do! But now I have all the time in the world...
    Hunter found it difficult to remember a time when he had been this content, this pleased with the direction his life was taking. Still standing motionless on the Laboratory lawn, he decided it was time to get to know his new friend a little better. He threw Charmer's Pokeball high into the air, something he had practiced in his mind for years. A burst of white light, and a jagged beam of energy... And there stood the two-foot fire-breathing lizard, taking in its unfamiliar surroundings. Hunter bent down, resting his hands on his knees, and smiled at Charmer. "I don't think I'll be keeping you inside your Pokeball much, Charmer. What do you think about that?"
    "Char!" came the reply.
    "Well, let's go, then! We've got a long road ahead of us." Charmer piped up in agreement, and the pair began to walk towards the road to Route 1.

They were stopped, however, just before they reached the line of trees that marked the boundary of Pallet Town, by a strange man. Dreadlocks hung down to his waist, a rasta beanie sitting on his head. He was shirtless, and wore a ridiculously baggy pair of pants. No shoes, either, noted Hunter. The Trainer didn't even have time to react before the strange man began to speak.
    "Hey, man! Are you a new Trainer or what?"
    Hunter started to nod.
    "Man, that was like, a rhetorical question, or something. Anyways dude, my mom grew these berries, they're all blue and stuff... I picked way too many and I dunno what to do with them, dude. So here, take some, I got plenty more. They're good for your Pokemon, and even better for the environment, man! All organic, home-grown, fancy flavour..." he trailed off and began mumbling to himself, then began to walk away, before pushing his way through some bushes and starting to sing to himself. Hunter, not knowing what to think, looked at the five berries in his hand and instantly recognized them as Oran berries. "Well, that guy sure was weird." Charmer looked as confused as he did. "I suppose these'll come in handy though." He pocketed them and once again started to walk towards Pallet Town's tree border.

Before Hunter was laid the entire expanse of Route 1. It sloped gently upward from Pallet Town to Viridian City, several natural ledges dotting its surface. He was more than familiar with this Route, despite having never owned a Pokemon, and he had had to pass through it on many occasions, taking care not to disturb the wildlife. Today, though, things were different. An overwhelming sense of adventure and vastness seemed to creep into Hunter's world, and without a backward glance, he began sprinting towards the nearest patch of tall grass, Charmer barely managing to keep up.

Waist-deep in the grass, Hunter waded around, moving in the general direction of Viridian City, but still wanting to make the most of his time in Route 1. "Come on, there's got to be some wild Pokemon around here somewhere..." Charmer was completely buried in the grass, and chose to follow in close proximity to Hunter, using the already-bent blades to his advantage. Before long, both Hunter and Charmer noticed a disturbance. A section of the overgrown turf was shaking violently, and moving towards them at an alarming speed. "Charmer, go! Let's see what you can do!"

Letting out a surprisingly loud battle-cry, the lizard jumped into the air, pulling one of its arms back, preparing for an attack. He was met at the peak of his jump by a small bird-like Pokemon, a Pidgey, which had charged out of the shaking grass only milliseconds prior. It was clearly a territorial display. Things seemed to move in slow motion for Hunter - he watched as Charmer readied his claws in mid-air as the Pidgey charged at him, wings flapping like mad. Charmer brought his arm down, and the Pidgey realized its mistake just an instant too late. The Scratch attack was brought down on its back with surprising force, swatting the bird Pokemon out of the air. Charmer looked pleased, and readied himself into a battle stance as he landed. The Pidgey wasn't down for the count just yet, though. The two Pokemon stared into each other's eyes, neither one willing to back down. On one hand, the Pidgey was defending its claimed territory, allowing natural instinct to dictate its actions. On the other, Charmer was ready to prove its skills to its new Trainer.

Hunter took this opportunity to test out the Pokedex that Oak had given him. Flipping it open, he pointed it at the Pidgey and pressed the "scan" button. After a second or two, a 3-D rotating picture of the Pidgey appeared on the screen, and the Pokedex began to speak in a robot-like voice.

16.png

Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. It is docile and prefers to avoid conflict. If disturbed, however, it can ferociously strike back.

"Docile?! You've got to be kidding me!" Hunter didn't remember disturbing anything. Maybe it was just this one Pidgey that was having a particularly bad day. In any case, it was about to get worse. "Come on, Charmer, show it what you've got!" Hunter shouted. Charmer seemed to grin, and charged at the Pidgey with blinding speed. One or two attacks and just a couple of moments later, it was over; the bird Pokemon had fainted, unable to continue any further. Hunter kneeled down and gave Charmer an affectionate pat on the head, praising him for his efforts. "You were fantastic! Next time, though, let's try not to make it faint, OK?"
    "Char." Which, when translated into English, Hunter imagined would have sounded like "sure thing!" though he could never be sure.

The rest of the trip to the end of Route 1 was mostly uneventful. A Rattata and a Zigzagoon had attempted to jump Hunter and Charmer, but neither of the Pokemon was any match for the fire lizard. The sun was beginning to climb high into the cloudless sky, and Hunter turned and squinted back down the road to Pallet Town. "I guess the other kids Oak talked about have probably got their Pokemon by now, huh? Well that means one thing... We gotta stay in the lead!" One last patch of grass was all that separated him and Charmer from Viridian City. "Let's go, Charme-" Hunter was cut off as something small, purple, and very, very quick sped out of the grassy patch, heading straight towards Charmer. Charmer barely had time to react as the purple blur smacked into his stomach, sending him skidding back several feet. "Charmer! Are you alright?" The reptile groaned an affirmation, and with a look of anger in its eyes, used Scratch simultaneously with both claws, attacking the purple, thorny Pokemon that had attempted to break his guard. He was too slow, however; the Pokemon, which Hunter recognized as one of the male Nidorans that were sometimes seen around Viridian City, managed to leap backwards, landing and preparing its next attack on Charmer.

Charmer looked like he was ready to fight, but as Hunter watched, he squeezed his eyes shut in pain and clutched his stomach. "Charmer! What's the matter?" Even as he spoke, a wave of understanding washed over him; Nidoran had been known to sting people on occasion, and if left untreated, their secreted venom could be fatal. "We have to get you to a Pokemon Center! Come on, Charmer!" But his new Pokemon wouldn't budge. Instead, he growled, the rage building up in his eyes.
    "Chaaaaar..." The flame on his tail began to grow, eventually reaching the size of a soccer ball. This caused the Nidoran to hesitate, giving Charmer the window of opportunity he needed. "Charmander!" As he let out a loud cry, a ball of flame exploded from his mouth, rushing towards the Nidoran. Its fear was obvious. It turned to run, but was too slow. The Ember attack struck it on the side, throwing it at least a few yards away. Hunter watched on with awe, knowing exactly what had just happened. Blaze. But that mean's Charmer's getting weak... As his tail's flame died back down, Charmer again groaned, the poison obviously taking hold of him, but rather than escape from the battle with Hunter, he pointed an arm towards the Nidoran. "Char..." Hunter looked, and saw the purple Pokemon stirring.

"Oh, no you don't!" He quickly reached into his pocket and withdrew one of the empty Pokeballs given to him by Oak. Pressing the button on the center of the ball, it expanded to its full size. "You're mine, Nidoran!" The ball hurtled through the air and smacked into the Pokemon, before bouncing back up, snapping open, and converting the Nidoran's physical form into energy. The energy retreated inside the Pokeball, it snapped closed, and landed on the ground. It began to rock back and forth as the Nidoran attempted to escape.

Click... Click... Click...

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Kanto Rebirth
    Post 2
    dpicon007.png

There wasn't a crowd waiting for her as she stepped down the way from the Lab, and really Rayne didn't want to have it any other way. Maybe if her parents were here with their Pokemon she'd be completely overjoyed. Maybe even her friend's family, but strangers she didn't know? Nah, she preferred not then.

"Hey buddy," Rayne used her hand to rub her new partner Shellshock on the top of his head as it curled against the knick of her shoulder. "Did you want to start traveling now, or did you want to take a look around Pallet Town?"

"(Whatever you want to do I want to do)," Shellshock said, curling its tail around the side of Rayne's neck with a grin on its face.

"That doesn't help me, Shellshock," Rayne laughed good-naturedly as she stopped at the gate to the lab.

A confused look passed Shellshock's face, before it suddenly jumped down from Rayne's shoulder, looking up at its trainer with wide light purple eyes. "(Wait, can you understand me)?" it asked, astonished.

Rayne put her hands on her hips and couldn't help but feel so good-humored over this. "Yes," she said with a devious twinkle in her eyes.

Squirtle seemed to jump in surprise, but a large grin spread across its face. "(How)?" it ran forward to cling to Rayne's leg, rubbing its head against the bleached jeans, "(Oh, never mind that. I'm just so happy my master can understand me)," it giggled.

Rayne bent down to pick up her starter, holding it out for her to look at. Her smile never left her face. "Well, two things, Shellshock; I can understand all Pokemon. It kind of happened when I was younger, and that's why I was never able to get a Pokemon until now. And second thing… please don't call me Master. I'm Rayne, your trainer, and I'm also your friend," she said, and Shellshock only nodded its head.

"(I got it, Rayne)," it responded.

"Good," Rayne laughed before pulling her Squirtle up back to its spot on her shoulder. "Now, we'll take a quick trip through Pallet Town, and then we'll head out to the first route. I can't wait to see the Pokemon out there."

And so the duo began their short walk through Pallet, documenting the sites of the use of Rayne's trusty camera given as a gift from her parents. "Say Squirtle, what attacks do you know?" Rayne asked.

"(Hmm)?" Squirtle was sitting on her shoulder, eating away on one of the berry tarts left over from the box Mrs. Marne had given Rayne. "(Oh, that's easy. I know Tackle, Bubble, Withdraw, and Water Gun)."

"Oh, well that's a good range of attacks then," Rayne said with a nod. "Are you ready to head out onto the first route, Shellshock?"

"(Oh, yeah, let's go)!" Shellshock began joyfully, jumping lightly in place on Rayne's shoulder.

But as the duo approached the exit to get onto the first route, an older looking man, possibly in his mid to late twenties, was leaning against one of the trees, whistling to itself. Once he caught sight of Rayne, he turned his head, a grin on his face, and jumped in front of her, cutting her off.

"(Hey! Get out of the way you stupid… head, you stupid head, you)!" Shellshock began yelling while still on its spot on Rayne's shoulder. "(You just cut my trainer off)!"

Rayne looked at the man, a suspicious look on her face. "What can I help you with… sir?" she said with caution in her voice.

"Oh, so you must be a new Trainer. Yes, yes, you must be, since it looks like you have a Squirtle," the man said with a smile that was becoming extremely creepy to Rayne.

"Why does it matter to you?" Rayne retorted, almost politely.

"It matters everything!" the man flailed his arms before sighing, reaching into his bag to retrieve a good number of large blue berries. "These Oran Berries are yours if you show me an attack."

"Oh, uh… sure," Rayne blinked. "Shellshock, use Water Gun." And Shellshock did – except, the man was its target, and the splash of water immediately soaked him.

And the man wasn't amused. "What was that for?" he snapped.

"What did you mean?" Rayne asked, narrowing her eyes.

"(He sure sounded like he wanted the attack to hit him, so I made it hit him)," Shellshock giggled on Rayne's shoulder, and she grinned from the action of her Pokemon.

The man sighed. "Oh well, you showed me an attack, no matter if it hit me or not. Take these Oran Berries. They are extremely healthy for both you and your Pokemon," the man said, gesturing for her to take the berries.

Once all the berries were all safely secure in her bag, Rayne watched the guy leave. "I guess we're going to met all sorts of… weird characters on our journey, aren't we?" she asked.

"(Well, if we do, I'll just soak them with Water Gun)," Squirtle said on her shoulder, and Rayne laughed.

"I like you already, Shellshock."

"(I liked you before we left the lab)," those words made Rayne blush and pat her water partner on its head with a wide grin.

"Thank you, Shellshock. Now, let's get onto this first route," and she began.

The two were hardly walking ten minutes into the bright sunlight, and the time read 8:45 in the morning on Rayne's watch.

"Let's catch the first Pokemon we come across, alright Shellshock?" Rayne said and Shellshock nodded while still on her shoulder. And it didn't take them long before they heard the first Pokemon approach – a flap of wings and a little brown and tan bird landed on the ground ten feet away from them. Rayne immediately recognized it as a Pidgey.

"Now that's a great Pokemon to catch first," Rayne said, taking out her Pokedex. "Not only is it a Flying type, which means it can take down your weakness Shellshock, but it evolves into a Pidgeot, and a Pidgeot can help us fly places if we need to."

Rayne clicked a few buttons on her Pokedex before lifting it up to scan the target.

Spoiler:

"Alright Shellshock, go out there," Rayne said, and her trusty water partner jumped off her shoulder, standing at the ready in front of the Pidgey. The flying Pokemon turned their way, blinking its eyes. "Start out with Water Gun!" Rayne commanded, pointing towards the Pokemon.

And Shellshock immediately released a jet of water from its mouth, which quickly made contact with the bird Pokemon, knocking it several feet back.

"Good, now go in for a Tackle attack," Rayne commanded and she watched as her partner ran in towards the Pidgey.

But the Pidgey was up within seconds, and it responded with a Sand Attack that stopped Shellshock in place and also blinded him. Shellshock covered its sandy eyes with its hands, whining lightly.

And Pidgey took the opportunity to knock Shellshock away with its mighty Gust attack.

"Shellshock, are you alright, buddy?" Rayne called out as her water Pokemon got to its feet, wincing. "Can you see?"

"(Yeah, I'm fine, Rayne. And I can see now. My eyes just hurt a little)," Shellshock answered.

"Alright, I just need you to stick it out a little more, understand?"

Shellshock nodded.

"Alright then, use Water Gun, and continue to use it as much as you can," Rayne commanded, and Shellshock immediately began shooting water again and again at the flying Pidgey, before the third shot finally hit the bird, making it fall to the ground.

"Finish it with Bubble, go!" And that's exactly what Shellshock did – shot the bubbles out towards the Pidgey and popped on contact.

The Pidgey was trying to get up from the ground, but Rayne was quicker – she grabbed at one of the empty Pokeballs on her belt and chucked it at the Pidgey. The Pokemon was transferred inside through a beam of red light, and the indicator began to flash as the ball rocked back and forth…

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Sorry guys, I did this last night but when I posted it the website stopped working (for me) and I didn't copy so I had to start again -_-

@Starsprite: Really good start, I think I'm going to enjoy reading how Jett develops throughout the roleplay.

Jett received a Tepig!

@The Noob Hacker: Great start, really enjoyed Bennet's personality and can't wait to read more.

Bennet received a Snivy!

@Century: Very good start, loved the way you incorporated Chris's past into the post.

Chris received a Bulbasaur!

@Manganum: Great follow up, especially loved your description of the 'Berry Man,' was very humorous!

Hunter received 5 Oran Berries!
    Hunter caught a male Nidoran!

@Royal: Excellent post, loved how clear Squirtle's personality is to see.

Rayne received 5 Oran Berries!
    Rayne caught a Pidgey!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Kanto Rebirth
    Post 3
    dpicon007.png
    dpicon016.png

(I hope you don't mind me doing a double battle capture.)

It only took a few moments before the ball finally calmed and clicked. The Pidgey was caught and Rayne couldn't help but beam a large smile.

"(We caught it! We caught it!)" Shellshock began, turning to Rayne with its own smile, before running up to the Pokeball, waiting for Rayne to approach. And Rayne did, bending down to pick up the ball.

"Yes, we caught it, Shellshock," Rayne said with a nod.

"(Can we say hi; can we meet him?)" Shellshock asked, tugging on Rayne's pant leg, extremely eager. Rayne bent down, and with her extra hand, patted her partner on her head.

"Of course, buddy," Rayne laughed lightly, before lightly throwing Pidgey's Pokeball into the air. In a flash of white light, her new Pokemon appeared, flying in the air in front of both her and Shellshock. It didn't say anything, just stared at Rayne as it flew in place. Rayne stepped forward, with Shellshock at her side, and put out her hand as a perch. "Hey there, Pidgey. It's nice to meet you."

Pidgey calmed its wings before perching down on Rayne's arm, blinking once, twice. "(Hello.)" it chirped lightly.

"(Hi Pidgey! I'm Shellshock!)" Shellshock said excitedly, walking a bit forward to look at Pidgey who was still perched on Rayne's arm. "(I'm sorry for hurting you before.)"

"(It's no problem, Shellshock.)" Pidgey said, spreading out its wings lightly. "(You didn't hurt me too badly. I can still fly no problem.)"

"(Awesome! I'm glad to hear that.)" Shellshock laughed.

"Alright guys," Rayne cleared her throat just as Pidgey flapped its wings and flew off her arm to land on the ground. Rayne took the opportunity to sit down on the grass after putting Pidgey's Pokeball on her belt. She also took out her Pokedex, flipping the black device open. "There are actually a few more Pokemon I wanted to catch on this route." She clicked a button on the Pokedex and said, "Pokedex, look up information on Nidoran."

The Pokedex beeped, processing Rayne's voice request before two images flashed onto its screen.

Spoiler:

"Good, exactly what I was looking for," Rayne said with a grin, nodding at the pictures. "My parents own a Nidorina and Nidorino, and I've seen Nidoqueen and Nidoking fight on televised matches. I want to own each." Rayne turned to Pidgey, holding out the Pokedex for her new Pokemon to see. "Pidgey, have you see these two Pokemon around here? And don't worry about the language barrier; I can understand you."

Pidgey blinked a few times, as if it didn't believe what Rayne was saying. "(I have seen some around, but not close up to them. Our types don't really get along too well.)" Pidgey explained.

"Alright," Rayne nodded and put her Pokedex back into her pocket. "Even so, could you take us to the place where you saw them?"

Pidgey nodded. "(I can do that.)" It flapped its wings and began to lift itself off the ground.

"Excellent," Rayne turned and took hold of Shellshock, lifting her partner to her shoulder. "Now take us there, Pidgey."

Pidgey turned, and the trio began into the grassy part of the route. Rayne was quick in the grass, but Pidgey always stopped, looked back, and would wait for her if she seemed to trail behind. It wasn't worried, but she was his new trainer. He wanted to make a good impression.

"(This way, trainer!)" Pidgey called, using trainer since Rayne hasn't told it her name yet. It didn't mind – it would find out soon, it knew it would.

Finally, Pidgey turned and stopped in the air, and when Rayne approached, it flew down to perch on her open shoulder, the opposite one Shellshock was sitting on. It raised a wing and pointed toward a few fallen logs. "(Some should be right over there.)"

"Alright, thank you, Pidgey," Rayne turned back to the fallen logs and began to creep forward, until she caught sight of what she was looking for. Out grazing in the small field was not one but two Nidoran. But what better luck, but it was a Nidoran girl and a Nidoran boy. This was perfect luck.

"Now," Rayne sighed, trying to calm her frantic heart, which was excited for the opportunity to capture these Pokemon. She turned and quickly took out two Oran berries from the side of her bag. "Guys, I need you to look friendly, alright?"

Both of her Pokemon nodded their heads quietly. And then Rayne stepped over the first log, which immediately got the attention of the two poison pin Pokemon. The male especially did not look happy Rayne was treading on its turf. And it immediately rushed forward, charging.

"That's its Peck attack," Rayne gasped, jumping to the side as her Pokemon easily got off her shoulders, to land on the ground in front of Rayne, ready to block the Nidoran male if it wanted to try that again. Rayne pulled herself up on the grass, scrambling to get the dropped berries. "I'm not here to hurt you."

"(Then why are you here?)" the Nidoran male spat as it ran back to its space in front of the Nidoran female, as if it's her guardian.

Rude, Rayne thought, but raised up the berries in her hands seemingly unflinching. "I wanted to give you these berries."

The Nidoran male seemed intrigued for a moment before turning his head away, raising it up in a snobbish manner. "(We don't want your stupid berries.)" The Nidoran female was staying quiet behind him the entire time.

"Fine," Rayne put her berries back into her bag, and got to her feet. "Then battle me."

"(Hmph.)" the Nidoran male seemed uninterested.

"Listen here, you – I've wanted to capture a Nidoran ever since I was little and you two were the first for me to see. Like it or not, I want to battle you," Rayne snapped back at the poison type, Pidgey and Shellshock on the ground in front of her, determined to take on the two Nidoran in a match.

The Nidoran male turned back to her. "(Fine, if you want a battle, I will fight you.)" it said, bending down into a battle stance.

The Nidoran female walked up to its side. "(I will too.)"

A wild Pokemon double battle, now that's something new. Rayne thought to herself, but she grinned. "Alright, Shellshock and Pidgey, go out there."

"(Alright!)" "(This should be fun.)" her Pokemon both said with grins as they jumped forward, ready to battle these two Pokemon.

"(Let's begin this-)" the Nidoran male roared determinedly, bending lower and focusing. It was using its Focus Energy.

"(Now!)" the Nidoran female finished, lunging forward towards Pidgey, and it was soon followed by the Nidoran male.

"Dodge it now! Pidgey, go into the air!" Rayne commanded and her Pokemon quickly obeyed, jumping to the side just as the two Nidoran approached their positions, stopping in dirt.

"Gust and Water Gun," Rayne shouted, looking at both of her Pokemon, who quickly obeyed. Pidgey kicked up a quick Gust and shot it towards the two Nidoran, who dodged the attack, but-

Were quickly soaked and pushed away by Shellshock's Water Gun attack.

"Yes, got them," Rayne grinned, but it didn't last as both Nidoran pushed themselves to their feet. The Nidoran male looked particularly angry, much angrier than before.

"Whoa," Rayne blinked. "Is that its ability?" Rayne quickly took out her Pokedex and put it up so the camera caught a shot of Nidoran male.

'Rivalry – this ability allows for the Pokemon's attack to increase if it faces opponents of the same gender. But attack decreases if it faces opponents of the opposite gender.' Rayne put away the Pokedex just as the Nidoran male lunged forward, and seemingly quicker than before, smashed into Shellshock, knocking the water type backwards.

"Not only had its attack increased, but it looked like its speed increased too," Rayne grimaced. "Quickly Shellshock, counter its attack with Water Gun." Her partner spun around and quickly launched its signature Water Gun, making it contact with the Nidoran male – but the Pokemon only looked angrier as it shook off the attack.

"(Is that the best you got?)" it taunted Shellshock.

"Don't fall for it, Shellshock. It's trying to bait you," Rayne called out to her Pokemon before turning to look at her Pidgey who was trying to dodge every attack the Nidoran female was making.

"(It's-trying-to-use-Poison-Point!)" Pidgey was shouting out to Rayne, and that's when she realized that was what the Nidoran female's ability was.

"Counter with Gust!" Rayne shouted to her Pidgey. "You can't make contact with it otherwise you'll be poisoned." Pidgey kicked up another Gust which knocked aside the female Nidoran.

Rayne turned to Shellshock. "Shellshock, use Withdraw and spin! Then use Water Gun while still in your shell!" Rayne called out, and Shellshock quickly withdrew in its shell.

The Nidoran seemed to grin. "(Hah! Withdrawing to your pathetic shell? You can't escape me, you Squirtle!)" But it was quickly surprised as Shellshock began to spin, and water shot out of each hole in the shell, knocking straight into the Nidoran male.

"Great," Rayne grinned, reaching for two Pokeballs on her belt. She enlarged both, but one at a time, threw them. The first one hit the Nidoran female, and the second hit the Nidoran male, engulfing them inside.

The balls shook and the indicator began to flash…

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • Sorry guys, I did this last night but when I posted it the website stopped working (for me) and I didn't copy so I had to start again -_-

(Yeah, there was a problem with Cloudflare and we were effectively DDoS'ing the site by trying to get onto it.
    I think it might be nearly time for a reminder to Fuyu to make a post... Also, apologies, but this one's gonna be pretty short seeing as I placed my character right at the end of Route 1 in my last post, and I guess we can't go to Chapter 2 unless people are active.)

Part 2.5: Nidoran, Need to Run

dpicon004.png
    dpicon032.png

The Pokeball stopped rocking and glowed a tint of red for a few seconds, before returning to its dormant state. The Nidoran was caught! Hunter strode over to the ball and picked it up, before saying "you'll be called Kaiser". He then pressed the button to shrink it to a more portable size, and then pocketed it. "Charmer, we gotta get you to a Pokemon Center right away." The Charmander was evidently very ill, clutching its stomach and swaying side to side. The fire on its tail had died down to a flickering candle-like flame, a grave sign.

Hurriedly, Hunter pulled out Charmer's Pokeball and said "Charmer, return". Charmer obeyed without hesitation, and retreated inside its capsule in order to get as much rest as possible for the short trek to Viridian City.

Hunter had met the Viridian Pokemon Center's Nurse Joy on several occasions. She would occasionally drop by the Trainer's School in order to give demonstrations on how to care for sick Pokemon, but she was also a good friend of Hunter's parents. She was the kind of person who could make you feel safe, even when it seems like things can't get any worse.

Not like things could get much worse, though... Not even one Route in and I've already got Charmer poisoned! he thought, as he starting sprinting through the grass, not giving any Pokemon enough time to jump him.

Hunter was beginning to realize that no amount of studying Pokemon could prepare him for the reality. While he knew being a Trainer was a blessing, he understood that it was not going to be the way he imagined.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    (OOC: Sorry it took so long.)

Alyss Redford
    A start... or something like one anyway...

The small girl slowly padded her way forward out of the boat. She brushed anxiously at the black bangs sticking to her forehead. Pallet Town was warmer than that set of islands they had passed and it still was hard to get used to. She shook herself a little, trying to recover her legs. Unfortunately she almost tripped on the way up. "Ah... oops."

"Graceful today huh?" The teasing made her look up and nearly cry with relief, tackling the older girl. Of course she met her here, of course! It had been two years after all.

"Shana!" Instantly, the older girl, auburn curls shifting in the air, pushed her back. It wasn't done maliciously but was firm enough to tell Alyss all that she needed to know. Reluctantly the girl stepped back. She understood. This journey wouldn't let her cling. This was the time to grow up and do things. Still... it would be kind of nice to be able to count on her when things got ugly because with her around, they likely would get ugly.

"Zor told me to come make sure you got here," Shana explained casually, leading her up the grass to Pallet Town. "You ready?"

Alyss fidgeted and looked down. "Um... well... I... I think so." She felt the Soothe Bell against her wrist and relaxed a little, nodding with a bit more firmness than before. "I... I'll try my best."

Shana grinned. "You know what that means right? We're gonna battle sometime!" Alyss winced. She wasn't entirely sure she could battle. Shana saw this and now patted her head. "You dunno until you try girl. Go on now, give it a whirl, okay?" She paused outside a large building, windowed and distinct. Then again, it was the largest building in the small town. It did have a right to show off, now didn't it? Alyss nodded shyly and her friend sighed softly. "Don't give up before you start. Now listen: this is the lab. Professor Oak will walk you through it and then you is on your own sister. I gotta go take care of stuff at home. Take lots of pictures all right?"

At the mention of pictures, Alyss managed a small, soft smile. "Okay... p-please do you b-best."

Shana chuckled as she walked away, black sleeveless jacket rippling in the wind. "Tell yourself that too girl."

Alyss watched her go before entering the air conditioned lab with a small, relieved sigh. An elderly voice chuckled lightly. "You certainly took your time." Alyss jumped and her hand reflexively rested over her heart. An elderly man in a lab coat stepped from behind one of the bookshelves, smiling reassuringly. "My apologies miss, I didn't mean to frighten you. I heard you come in while I was adding to one of my books." He brushed sheepishly at his grey hair. "My name is Professor Oak and you are?"

Alyss cringed. This was what she had been dreading, introductions, conversations, people. "Ah... Alyss... Alyss Redford is my-my." She shifted uncomfortably, looking away. "That is my name sir." She looked ready to offer him a hand to shake but her nervousness kept them trembling behind her back.

Oak thankfully was not offended. "It is a pleasure to meet you," he told her calmly, thanking his instincts that he had chosen to drink some tea in between arrivals. This one looked about ready to pass out where she stood. "Now then, shall we get you your Pokemon?" The girl nodded timidly and followed him. He gestured to a box and she pulled out a red ball with a small shell design. "This one then? How about we have a look while I register you in your Pokedex?" Again, Alyss merely nodded, releasing a Pokemon to reveal a white and blue otter, shell resting on its stomach.

"Osha!" it declared at the sight of the girl, smacking its shell firmly with one flipper. "Wott!" added the Pokemon, grinning at her with adorable fangs.

Alyss' fear softened into joy. "You're so cute..." she whispered happily, kneeling down to hug the little Pokemon. "Can I call you Sammy? Can I?" Through a death grip, she heard a happy "wott!" of agreement. Oak chuckled, causing her to look up. Her expression stiffened again. "Um... thank you v-very much." she told him softly, averting her eyes once again.

"You're quite welcome," he told her, offering her the Pokedex and a few Pokeballs. "Now," he said quietly. "I believe that's everything. I would recommend going to train on Route 1 up ahead. The first Gym is no easy task. Also, I suspect you will need more Pokemon."

Alyss fidgeted. "I... I see. Thank you sir. I be-..." She nodded slowly. "I believe I will do that. Um... let's go Sammy." She hurried out of the automatic doors, causing the professor to chuckle again.

"We'll have to fear that one."

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Bennet continued to observe Pallet Town as he walked, the same spring in his step from when he was arriving still present as he was departing. The early afternoon sun beat down on the new trainer, causing him to remove his light jacket and tie it around his waist. This was much to the dismay of the Snivy, who had to momentarily dismount her moving sofa. She was quick to climb back to Bennet's shoulders as soon as she felt she could without difficulty. Once back in position, she closed her eyes again, fanning out her tail and basking in the sunlight, clearly enjoying herself.

Bennet looked to his Pokemon and smiled. "You know, you're like a little queen up there. All high and regal. Oh! Maybe that's what I'll call you: Queen! What do you think of that?" the Snivy half-opened her eyes. She looked at Bennet for a moment. Then she yawned and laid her head back on Bennet's shoulder. Bennet smiled again. "Okay, Queen it is."

"Excuse me. Young man?" a voice rang out in front of Bennet. He turned to the voice, it was a woman standing outside of a house, which Bennet assumed was hers. He approached her. "Hello ma'am, my name's Bennet. It's nice to meet you." He said warmly. "Yes, it's nice to meet you too, Bennet." The woman said, her voice made it sound as if she had something else on her mind. "You wouldn't have happened to see my son, would you?"

Bennet blinked a few times, not really knowing how to respond.

"He has a very, um, distinctive style." She said, almost whispering the word.

Bennet stared at the woman.

"You know, long hair, baggy pants." She said, holding her hands somewhere around her waist.

Still no response.

She sighed. "Dreadlocks, shirtless, no shoes." The woman said, sounding somewhat defeated.

Bennet began thinking to when he first entered the town. "Hmm... Nope. I don't remember seeing any shirtless guys with dreadlocks today."

The woman sighed again, holding her face in her hand. "I don't know what I'm going to do with him. He goes out early in the morning, and no word from him since." She looked back up to Bennet. Her eyes suddenly lit up. "Oh, you're one of the new trainers. Wait right here." Without wasting any time, she went inside the house.

A few minutes later, the woman reappeared, a small brown drawstring pouch in hand. She held out the pouch to Bennet, who took it in his hand. "Those are some Oran Berries." She explained. "I love growing berries so every year I always make sure to grow a few extra for the trainers Professor Oak selects every year." The woman said with a warm, somewhat proud smile.

Bennet opened the bag, seeing the blue berries inside. He closed the bag again. "Wow, that's really nice of you. Thanks."

"Oh, it's no problem." The woman responded. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go look for my boy." With that, the woman left the house and starting walking in the direction from which Bennet had come.
    ---

It certainly wasn't any cooler once Bennet had reached the sloped and grassy Route 1. It seemed like a fairly straightforward walk, and hopefully one that would not take much time. Bennet was trudging along the trail, getting hotter by the moment. All the while, Queen lounged on his shoulder, fanning her tail.

The grass rustled near Bennet.

Turning, buried in the grass, was a purple Pokemon. It screeched suddenly. There were more Pokemon following it, all of the same species. At least four of the exited the grass in front of Bennet. Being able to see them fully, the boy was able to recognize them as Ratatta. They looked at Bennet for a moment, the lead one screeched, and then they all ran off in the same direction. Curious, Bennet followed them, cautiously.

Around a tree, Bennet lost the Ratatta in another large patch of grass. Suddenly, there was a huge area of commotion in the grass, the backs of several purple and on black and blue Pokemon could be seen. Several growls, snarls, and screeches could be heard. Suddenly, the black and blue Pokemon was flung from the grass, landing on the dirt path. Bennet had never seen a Pokemon like it before. In an instant, the Ratatta group was on top of it, which caused Bennet to flinch, which sent Queen from his shoulders.

"Oh no! That poor Pokemon is getting all beat up for no reason. Queen!" He said, realizing that he had a Pokemon. Once Bennet saw that she wasn't on his shoulders anymore, he looked down to the ground behind him, where a wide awake and very annoyed Snivy stood. "Queen, we gotta do something!." he said to her. The Snivy looked to the battle, then back to Bennet. "Go help the blue one out." Bennet commanded his Pokemon. Once again, Queen looked into the fray. She yawned, stretched her muscles, and then dashed into the grass.

Without warning, she leaped from the grass that concealed her, crashing in to a Ratatta that was on top of the Pokemon in danger. The two Pokemon rolled together on the ground, Queen came out on top. Recognizing the new threat, some of the other Ratattas charged at Queen, tackling her. The grappling resumed, only this time Queen was sorely outnumbered.

"Queen, use Leer on them!" Bennet shouted, hoping his voice could project over the sounds of battle. The rumble in front of him continued a while, when suddenly the Ratattas stopped frozen in fear of Queen's threatening glare. Suddenly, the three Ratattas were bowled over by the blue Pokemon, who had escaped the remaining two somehow. That wasn't going to last for long, as the two Ratattas closely trailed the Pokemon.

"Queen, Tackle them!" Bennet said. Almost instantly, the Snivy launched herself at the two purple Pokemon, hitting the first one dead on. The two rolled off, completely missing the other one, who continued to run into the larger brawl. Queen and the Ratatta she tackled were going at it, the two ramming their bodies into each other, a match of endurance. Breathless moments passed, and the two continued to grapple. Suddenly, the two broke, both now had an opening.

"Queen, Tackle!" Bennet commanded. Apparantly, the Ratatta had the same idea, as it also launched itself forward. Snivy was simply too fast for the simple plains Pokemon, though, and her tackle overpowered her rival's. Landing on its back, the Ratatta slid off a distance. If it wasn't defeated, it was at least stunned for a little bit.

The blue Pokemon put up quite a fight with the Ratatta, but it was simply too outnumbered, and it was starting to back down. It further went on the defensive, doing poorly to hold its ground against the four Pokemon attacking it. On the command of Bennet, Queen rushed into the fray, knocking over one of the Ratattas and tumbling off with it. Of course, the other Ratattas followed the her.

"Queen! Get out of there!" He said to his Pokemon, knowing she wouldn't last in a four on one fight. Smartly, she almost instantly broke her grapple with the Ratatta she attacked, and ran off in the direction from which the rest of the group was charging from. Ratatta are agile, though, and were able to turn themselves around without losing much distance from Queen.

"Use Leer!" Bennet commanded. Queen stopped running and turned around, planting herself and unleashing another Leer. Three of the four charging Ratatta stopped dead in their tracks, but one would not be intimidated, continuing to tackle his Pokemon. Once again in a tumbling match, Queen rolled with her attacker, and she was losing. It wasn't long before the other Ratatta began charging again. Queen wouldn't last much longer, and she was still greatly outnumbered.

"Queen, Tackle with all of your strength!" Bennet said, a last, desperate attempt. By that time, Queen had barely managed to escape the Ratatta's grapple. She readied herself as the lead, the one she was fighting, began to run at her. Bunching together her muscles like some sort of hunting cat, she flung herself forward, slamming into the Ratatta, which sent it rolling back into the others, effectively bowling over most of them. Some didn't get hit as badly as the others, and could still fight, but three of their original five were incapacitated, or close to being so. Their strength in numbers was far less.

"Queen, another Leer." Bennet suddenly commanded. Despite being tired and wounded, the Snivy gathered herself up and tried to look as threatening as possible, as if she could still continue fighting. Apparently, her bluff was good enough for the still-standing Ratatta, who screeched and fled back into the grass. Once they were gone, Quenn collapsed.

Bennet ran over to her, returning her to her Pokeball. The blue Pokemon was also very beaten, it struggled to get up. Once it did, it growled weakly at Bennet, cringing in pain as it did.

"Don't worry little guy. I'm not here to hurt you." Bennet said in the most reassuring voice he could manage, kneeling down like an adult would when trying to comfort a child. "You're hurt really bad." He said, inching his way towards the Pokemon. In response, it backed up, growling some more. Bennet stopped his approach, knowing from both his father and mother that any more movement would only scare the Pokemon more, making it more hostile. "It's okay, don't worry. I'm- Oh! Wait a minute!" He said, taking off his pack and then digging around in it. He produced a small brown pouch, the same one he had received earlier that day. He took out one of the berries, holding it in his outstretched hand towards the Pokemon. Cautiously, the Pokemon limped its way to Bennet, quickly snatching the berry away and eating it. Even from the first bite it seemed to regain energy, though it was clear that it was still hurt bad. "You need to get to a Pokemon Center." Bennet realized. "And I'm gonna get you there, okay. I'm gonna get you someplace safe where you can heal, okay?" He said to the Pokemon, getting close to it and attempting to scoop it up in his arms. As soon as he touched it the Pokemon flinched, growling and biting Bennet's wrist. His arms quickly retreated.

If he's not going to let me carry him to a Pokemon Center, what am I supposed to do?
    Bennet asked himself. He reached back in his pack, pulling out a Pokeball. "Well, I guess there's one other way to get a Pokemon somewhere. Sorry about this, little guy." He said, suddenly extending his arm and tapping the ball on the Pokemon's head, much to its dismay. Bennet took another bite on his arm before the Pokemon was turned into light which was stored in the ball. On the ground, the ball began shaking.

(OOC: So, I didn't really battle the Shinx, which I realize is a rare Pokemon and should be harder to catch. I just figured that would be a good way for Bennet to try to get a Pokemon, as I don't see him as the type to run out and attack a random Pokemon in hopes of catching it. So, hopefully, what I did is okay as an alternate means of attempting to capture a Pokemon.)

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    -Jett Minks-
    498.png

Chapter 1, Part 2
    At some point during his walk from Pallet Town, Jett placed Luca, his newly obtained Tepig, on the ground to walk alongside him. There was only so long he could carry the small Pokemon, especially since it was heavier than it looked. That said, Jett was already starting to like Luca, just from watching him trot along, head held high. The two of them were very much alike in ways the black haired boy would probably never realize.

As Jett walked on he began to sink back into his thoughts. Doubt was no longer plaguing him as it once had, having finally obtained his Pokemon. Although he was still worried about the trials he would face along the way on his travels he was fairly confident that Route One would be a cakewalk.

Progressing towards said route Jett turned around to check on Luca, having not heard much out of his Pokemon thus far. And there Luca was, a several feet back sniffing something on the ground. "Luca! Come on!" Jett called back, sighing when no response came from the firey pig.

Well he couldn't expect to be a master trainer just yet, he supposed. He let out an indignant huff, pacing back to where his Pokemon was.

On the ground were Oran Berries. How did that work? Jett looked around for some kind of clue as to their origin. There was a man with a basket of them, he observed. He must have dropped them.

Whatever, Jett thought, ready to move along. He really didn't care about the man or his berries.

Luca, however, did. He ate each of the berries on the ground, then took off along the scent trail after the man. Growling to himself, Jett followed his Tepig. This was getting old fast.

When Jett caught up to his Pokemon he was with the man carrying the berries, pawing up his leg, trying to reach up to his basket. Jett sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Sorry, he won't listen to me," the teenager conceded, embarrassed.

"Oh, no. It's quite alright," the man laughed, reaching down to pet Luca. The Tepig, in turn, used that motion to try and snag some berries from the basket, failing due to it's short stature.

Jett stomped over anyway, picking up Luca and pulling the wiggling Pokemon back away from the man and his berries and huffing out a, "Calm down."

The man smiled at the tow of them, reaching in to his basket. "Well he clearly wants some of my berries, so why don't you give him some?" he suggested.

"Because he already ate the ones you dropped," grumbled Jett, not amused in the slightest.

"Well still," the man insisted, "take some for the road. They can get your Pokemon's strength up in a pinch."

He handed Jett the berries. There were five of them, plump and blue. Oran berries, like the ones Luca had previously devoured. The fifteen year old did make sure to store them away carefully. Not only did he not want them getting squished, but he also wanted them to keep them away from Luca for when he really needed them.

"Thank you," Jett sighed, exasperated. Cakewalk, huh? My was he mistaken.

The man parted ways with them, and Jett had to restrain Luca to keep him from running after him, but once he was gone they continued on. "I should really put you in your Pokeball," he threatened, having no real intentions of doing so.

And so they finally hit Route One. That was to say that they were now wading through grass, which was a particularly unpleasant feeling, Jett had to admit. He could barely even see Luca through all of it, the grass was that tall. Well, at least this was a good chance to catch another Pokemon.

He debated the merits of doing so. Would a Pokemon from here really be such a good idea? He'd be training two completely untrained Pokemon both at the same time, which would likely be difficult. On the other hand, he might have a new friend for Luca, as well as something to compliment him in battle. He wondered what type of Pokemon wandered Route One...

Well, he did until one jumped out at him.

163.gif

The sight of the flying type made him leap back, frightened by its sudden appearance. He grit his teeth, regaining his compsure gradually.

Wait. "A Hoothoot?" Jett asked out loud, incredulous. Those were in Johto. They were here too?

That thought was not on his mind long, however, as the Hoothoot started trying to peck at Luca, who was dodging rather effectively so far. He took over from there.

"Luca! Use tackle!" he commanded. Tepig could use tackle, right?

It could and it did. Luca tackled the Hoothoot, doing some amount of damage, but was quickly countered by a peck, causing him to lose his balance. Then another peck.

"Luca! Um...Ember?" he called.

Luca rolled over and shot a small flame from its mouth, hitting the bird-like Pokemon head on eliciting a "Good!" from his trainer.

"Now get up! Run this way!" he instructed, moving his hands over to his left hand side.

Luca did, getting his by another peck in the process. Ugh. Low health. Not good. "One more tackle!" Jett commanded, worried about whether or not his Pokemon could actually do one more tackle.

But Luca pulled through, using Tackle one more time before retreating back to where Jett was. The Hoothoot started to advance again, not in the greatest shape itself, but supposedly holding a grudge. Jett did not think Luca could take another hit, and in his desperation threw a Pokeball.

Well, this could either be really good or really bad, he mused as the Pokeball began to shake.

(OOC: This was written over the course of several hours, so if anything is very very inconsistent that I missed I can make changes. Sorry about that.)

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Royal: Another fantastic post, loved the personality of the male Nidoran

Rayne caught a male and a female Nidoran!

@Manganum: Chapter 2 will be up as soon as one/two others finish Route 1, shouldn't be too long.

@Fuyu: No problem, good first post.

Alyss received an Oshawott!

@The Noob Hacker: I really enjoyed that post and the originality in the means to capture the Shinx.

Bennet reeceived 5 Oran Berries!
    Bennet caught a Shinx!

@Starsprite: Good post, especially liked the way Tepig's personality is so clearly seen.

Jett received 5 Oran Berries!
    Jett caught a Hoothoot!

Back