Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

TrollandToad.com
 
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old August 3rd, 2012 (7:44 AM).
Olli's Avatar
Olli Olli is offline
I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 2,613
What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

Eh, I don't really like it. Of course I don't see any problem in it, since Dragon types are pretty much the strongest type of Pokémon, and since the champions are usually depicted to be the strongest trainers in the game, it makes sense for them to be masters of that specific typing, however Lance was the champion in my favourite game, I loved the challenge he gave with his Dragon type Pokémon, because I remember the hard time I had beating all of his Pokémon, and he'll always be the real Dragon master to me. I don't expect to get B2/W2, at least not anytime soon, so I don't think I'll ever really get to like Iris, so I don't think I'll ever grow to like her that much as a champion.
__________________
Not removing this from my signature!


Relevant Advertising!

  #27    
Old August 3rd, 2012 (11:49 AM).
TwilightBlade's Avatar
TwilightBlade TwilightBlade is offline
All dreams are but another reality.
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,677
Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
I'm gonna have to say Druddigon, haha. It doesn't look cool nor regal to me at all. I haven't used it yet. Maybe another day!

What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?
I prefer battling champions with mixed teams, like Blue and Cynthia. With an all Dragon-type Champion, I'm too tempted to just start firing off the Ice Beams. I do applaud Lance and Iris including a few non-Dragon types in their teams. As for which Dragon Master is better... I don't think being Champion fits Iris's character, haha. Leave the dragon haxing to Lance. Pfft, even Iris has prematurely evolved dragons. She must be giving them some something something !
__________________
  #28    
Old August 3rd, 2012 (11:56 AM). Edited August 3rd, 2012 by Palkia.
Palkia's Avatar
Palkia Palkia is offline
the thread killer™
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,312
... am I the only one here who doesn't have a Brawl theme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?
I think they're just keeping up with a tradition, although it's only the second dragon type champion so far, and all the others have been various type, steel or water.
  #29    
Old August 3rd, 2012 (11:52 PM).
Sector Sector is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Location: Ohio
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naughty
    Posts: 2,342
    What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

    Honestly, I'd be fitting to see a Flying Champion to be arrange, so much they could do for that with their 2nd typing (Of course, an Altaria, Dragonite or Salamence would be a must).

    I could careless about the way they created Unova 2's Champion. I love Iris' dress though! After all, they got Lance back in the Tournament as well!! Though I've always loved to see a Dragon type be at used once in every Elite Four's party. Like for the first Champion would be a Ground type user, using a Garchomp (Since its better than Flygon), a Water type (Kingdra, Milotic would be challenging), Dark type (Hydreigon, actually think Dark type needs to be a champion now that I think of it) and/or a Dragon user who actually uses the Dragon EGG group rather than just a type. Charizard/Aerodactyl/Scrafty/Sceptile/Milotic and so on would be an interesting party to face, in my opinion.

    That's just my imagination to this topic lol A good topic indeed!
      #30    
    Old August 4th, 2012 (1:59 AM).
    Palkia's Avatar
    Palkia Palkia is offline
    the thread killer™
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 2,312
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
    What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

    Honestly, I'd be fitting to see a Flying Champion to be arrange, so much they could do for that with their 2nd typing (Of course, an Altaria, Dragonite or Salamence would be a must).

    I could careless about the way they created Unova 2's Champion. I love Iris' dress though! After all, they got Lance back in the Tournament as well!! Though I've always loved to see a Dragon type be at used once in every Elite Four's party. Like for the first Champion would be a Ground type user, using a Garchomp (Since its better than Flygon), a Water type (Kingdra, Milotic would be challenging), Dark type (Hydreigon, actually think Dark type needs to be a champion now that I think of it) and/or a Dragon user who actually uses the Dragon EGG group rather than just a type. Charizard/Aerodactyl/Scrafty/Sceptile/Milotic and so on would be an interesting party to face, in my opinion.

    That's just my imagination to this topic lol A good topic indeed!
    Really good ideas here. I would like a e4 which uses egg groups instead of actual types. It would give more variety to the Pokemon, making things more challenging rather than breezing through a team focused on one type.

    Also, Flygon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garchomp
      #31    
    Old August 4th, 2012 (2:06 AM).
    Mentalii's Avatar
    Mentalii Mentalii is offline
    Back
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Location: France
      Age: 22
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Gentle
      Posts: 653
      What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

      Same than Olli. Lance will always be THE Dragon Master. Iris doesn't give off as much epicness as him. Then, even if that's not important, she doesn't really look like a Dragon champion. I mean... She misses a cape, doesn't she?
      I would have prefered the champion to rule another type, since that way Iris lives in Lance's shadow. And also, because the dragon-type isn't any type, and we don't need several dragon champions. And now, that way, it reminds Johto's schema: 8th gym leader is a dragon-type gym leader + the champion rules dragon-type too.
      __________________

        #32    
      Old August 4th, 2012 (5:29 AM).
      Olli's Avatar
      Olli Olli is offline
      I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Skyloft
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 2,613
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
      What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

      Honestly, I'd be fitting to see a Flying Champion to be arrange, so much they could do for that with their 2nd typing (Of course, an Altaria, Dragonite or Salamence would be a must).

      I could careless about the way they created Unova 2's Champion. I love Iris' dress though! After all, they got Lance back in the Tournament as well!! Though I've always loved to see a Dragon type be at used once in every Elite Four's party. Like for the first Champion would be a Ground type user, using a Garchomp (Since its better than Flygon), a Water type (Kingdra, Milotic would be challenging), Dark type (Hydreigon, actually think Dark type needs to be a champion now that I think of it) and/or a Dragon user who actually uses the Dragon EGG group rather than just a type. Charizard/Aerodactyl/Scrafty/Sceptile/Milotic and so on would be an interesting party to face, in my opinion.

      That's just my imagination to this topic lol A good topic indeed!
      Creating the teams based on egg groups is not anything I've ever considered before, (mainly because I went most of the time with the fandom without even knowing of the existence of egg groups), but it'd actually be a pretty good idea. Like Blade said, with trainers only battling with one type of Pokémon, it often gives you the opportunity to just spam one super effective move on all the Pokémon, resulting in shorter battles and lack of challenge. That doesn't really go well with champions, when their role usually is to be the final challenge, so I guess basing the teams on egg groups rather than just a typing would solve that problem, but it'd still be better if the champions just had varied teams.
      __________________
      Not removing this from my signature!

        #33    
      Old August 5th, 2012 (1:40 AM). Edited August 5th, 2012 by Ghost Emperor.
      Ghost Emperor's Avatar
      Ghost Emperor Ghost Emperor is offline
      Pokemon Emperor
         
        Join Date: Aug 2012
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 17
        Name: Ghost Emperor
        Your Trainer Sprite:Lance
        2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):Kyurem White and Treeko
        Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: since childhood I have been a fan of dragons and also i like there moves like draco meteor and Roar of time =)
        Answer Current Topic:
        Which on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group?
        i think its feebas because in my past pokemon gaming experience feebas cant breed with dragon types =) so far thats my experience so I say it must be feebas


        What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

        I think they need to change it .. so far as I am concerned i wish there would be dark type champions.. because aside from dragons I am a crazy fanatic of dark types so it is better that they would make dark types as new champions and let the dragons rest for a while before becoming champions again .. hahaha =)

        __________________
        "We Are One"


        Click the Dragon eggs if you want to save them from death Thank you

          #34    
        Old August 5th, 2012 (1:57 AM).
        Hikamaru's Avatar
        Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
        are you my dad?
        • Platinum Tier
        • EOEvent Organizer
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Location: Australia
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 49,216
        I haven't joined a club in a while and I like the look of this one.

        Name: Hikari10
        Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (B2/W2 Iris please!)
        2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Hydreigon and Milotic
        Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon Pokemon are strong and epic. Some are beautiful, others are badass. I love the amazing power a Dragon Pokemon can bring out.

        Answer Current Topic

        I guess I might answer this:

        What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

        I think it's pretty good we have a Dragon Champion again in Iris. It's like they are going back to basics. I love her dress, it looks so beautiful and I love how her hair is designed.

        Also, what makes Iris unique is that she uses not just Dragon-type Pokemon but Pokemon from the Dragon egg group.
        __________________
        pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | supporter | fc
          #35    
        Old August 5th, 2012 (4:11 AM).
        Sector Sector is offline
        Banned
           
          Join Date: Dec 2011
          Location: Ohio
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 2,342
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ghost Emperor View Post
          Name: Ghost Emperor
          Your Trainer Sprite:Lance
          2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):Kyurem White and Treeko
          Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: since childhood I have been a fan of dragons and also i like there moves like draco meteor and Roar of time =)
          Answer Current Topic:
          Which on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group?
          i think its feebas because in my past pokemon gaming experience feebas cant breed with dragon types =) so far thats my experience so I say it must be feebas

          Welcome!! You're the first to answer the questionnaire! Unfortunately there are TWO answers, and Feebas is a part of the Dragon Egg group. Keep searching for the answer and you'll find a way to get this right
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
          I haven't joined a club in a while and I like the look of this one.

          Name: Hikari10
          Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (B2/W2 Iris please!)
          2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Hydreigon and Milotic
          Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon Pokemon are strong and epic. Some are beautiful, others are badass. I love the amazing power a Dragon Pokemon can bring out.

          Answer Current Topic

          I guess I might answer this:

          What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

          I think it's pretty good we have a Dragon Champion again in Iris. It's like they are going back to basics. I love her dress, it looks so beautiful and I love how her hair is designed.

          Also, what makes Iris unique is that she uses not just Dragon-type Pokemon but Pokemon from the Dragon egg group.
          Welcome to the club! Now that you've mentioned the Dragon Egg Group, realistically the likes of her Pokemon, Aggron, Lapras, Archeops, etc aren't really part of that Egg Group of Dragons. However, you've led to another topic discussion that must be brought up. Perfect timing Hikari!

          New Topic:
          Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.

          The answers with good explanation may benefit to what could possibly be a new list of Pokemon benefiting Dragons.
            #36    
          Old August 5th, 2012 (5:21 PM).
          TwilightBlade's Avatar
          TwilightBlade TwilightBlade is offline
          All dreams are but another reality.
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: May 2007
          Location: Florida
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 6,677
          Welcome to the club, Ghost Emperor and Hikari10.

          Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.
          Lapras. It has reptilian traits just like dragons. Its Dragon Dance set is pretty fun to use. Lapras is also very rare and related to the Loch Ness monster legend. Clair and Lance used a Lapras in Pokemon Stadium, and notably, Iris uses a Lapras in B2W2.

          Which two on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group? Answer:
          Vibrava and Flygon.
          __________________
            #37    
          Old August 5th, 2012 (6:23 PM).
          Sector Sector is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: Dec 2011
            Location: Ohio
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 2,342
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
            Welcome to the club, Ghost Emperor and Hikari10.

            Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.
            Lapras. It has reptilian traits just like dragons. Its Dragon Dance set is pretty fun to use. Lapras is also very rare and related to the Loch Ness monster legend. Clair and Lance used a Lapras in Pokemon Stadium, and notably, Iris uses a Lapras in B2W2.

            Which two on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group? Answer:
            Vibrava and Flygon.
            I believe Lapras is a #1 candidate for this conversation. Its got not only traits, but the value of one as well. The others I like to see as a big supporter of Dragon types are as followed:


            For one, many of them can learn Dragon type moves and its a rare thing to have to teach a non-Dragon Type Pokemon a Dragon type move. Though we have to be careful to mix up the Dragons to Dinosaurs, which is what Tyranitar mostly resembles.

            As for your answer to the questionnaire Blade, you are so close on the right answer for one Pokemon. But the question asks "Dragon Family" which specifically focuses on the 2nd list of Pokemon. So the answers aren't Dragon type Pokemon themselves. (Hint, Hint)
              #38    
            Old August 5th, 2012 (6:35 PM). Edited August 5th, 2012 by TwilightBlade.
            TwilightBlade's Avatar
            TwilightBlade TwilightBlade is offline
            All dreams are but another reality.
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2007
            Location: Florida
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 6,677
            Ohh lol I guess I forgot about the baby form. Can I try again? :x

            Which two on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group? Answer:
            Trapinch and Aerodactyl

            Also, Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Feraligatr definitely fit the bill! Another DD user, although less likely to be considered as dragon-material, is Whiscash. It has those funny long whiskers you see on Chinese dragons. Whiscash's Japanese name, Namazun, is derived from a catfish in Japanese mythology which caused earthquakes. Another legend-based Pokemon. :3
            __________________
              #39    
            Old August 5th, 2012 (8:24 PM). Edited August 5th, 2012 by Sector.
            Sector Sector is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Dec 2011
              Location: Ohio
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 2,342
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
              Ohh lol I guess I forgot about the baby form. Can I try again? :x

              Which two on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group? Answer:
              Trapinch and Aerodactyl.

              Also, Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Feraligatr definitely fit the bill! Another DD user, although less likely to be considered as dragon-material, is Whiscash. It has those funny long whiskers you see on Chinese dragons. Whiscash's Japanese name, Namazun, is derived from a catfish in Japanese mythology which caused earthquakes. Another legend-based Pokemon. :3
              CORRECT!! We have a winner to our first Questionnaire! Congratulations to TwilightBlade!


              This silly fish? Interesting, what about the whiskers from Magikarp/Gyarados? I've always thought they held that type of specie about the Chinese Dragons behind them, until you mentioned Whiscash.
                #40    
              Old August 8th, 2012 (1:11 AM).
              Ghost Emperor's Avatar
              Ghost Emperor Ghost Emperor is offline
              Pokemon Emperor
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 17
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post

                This silly fish? Interesting, what about the whiskers from Magikarp/Gyarados? I've always thought they held that type of specie about the Chinese Dragons behind them, until you mentioned Whiscash.
                to think of it their whiskers do look the same O.o.. so this ends up that their whiskers are blood related..... making them hmmm, cousins...... inturn making him some how related to the dragon family hahaha this is just a funny thought of mine

                hmp I just noticed the pictures gone cause the rules said that I still need 15 more posts to post a URL ...
                __________________
                "We Are One"


                Click the Dragon eggs if you want to save them from death Thank you

                  #41    
                Old August 10th, 2012 (1:05 PM).
                Sector Sector is offline
                Banned
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                  Location: Ohio
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naughty
                  Posts: 2,342
                  Okay so new topic time!

                  Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples.
                    #42    
                  Old August 10th, 2012 (1:37 PM).
                  Ageha1304's Avatar
                  Ageha1304 Ageha1304 is offline
                  Ageha
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2012
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 37
                    Name: Ageha1304
                    Your Trainer Sprite: Iris Champion
                    2 Partner Pokemon: Haxorus and Charizard
                    Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?
                    Because I really like dragons. They are cool and powerful and they have no fears.
                    What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?
                    Haxorus, because it's really cool with its blade-like tusks. Also it is pure dragon-type which makes it better in my eyes.
                    What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?
                    Advantage is that they won't be affected by ground-type moves at all, unlike normal dragon-type which get normal amount of damage. Disadvantage is that every ice-type move damage will be multipied by 4, therefore knocking them out almost instantly. Also damage from rock type is doubled.
                    Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
                    Altaria (srsly, that's a bird not dragon), ekans & evo (snake, not a dragon), seviper (another snake), scraggy & evo (how does this even qualify as dragon family).
                    What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?
                    Awesome! It's obvious dragon trainers are champions because dragon pokemon are strongest and rarest.
                    Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list?
                    None, because there really aren't pokemon that look like dragons anymore.
                    Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI?
                    Well, there definitely will be some dragons in Gen VI. However I'm not really sure how would they look like. Maybe one dragon legend ruling over sun and other over moon?
                    __________________
                      #43    
                    Old August 11th, 2012 (2:45 AM). Edited August 11th, 2012 by Avishka.
                    Avishka's Avatar
                    Avishka Avishka is offline
                    ...
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: May 2011
                    Age: 19
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 2,161
                    Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples.
                    i would like the dragon pokemon to be something like
                    Spoiler:
                    THIS

                    link
                    OR THIS

                    link

                    while searching for fake dragon pokemon i found fake dragon gym leader which is just awesome
                    Spoiler:
                    __________________
                    ...
                      #44    
                    Old August 13th, 2012 (6:39 AM).
                    Mentalii's Avatar
                    Mentalii Mentalii is offline
                    Back
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                      Location: France
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 653
                      Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI?

                      I don't really want a gen VI. But, if I had to choose, I'd like to see Druddigon's evolution. And why not Altaria's? Well, at the same time I don't know, I'd like to see a stronger form of it (as Altaria, despite its dragon-type isn't a very strong Pokémon to my mind), but I'm scared of what they could do with it. Altaria is a beautiful Pokémon. I don't want them to ruin it.
                      And then, a badass evolution-line, as usual. But please, just one. The Haxorus + Hydreigon's evolution lines were too much, and being two that time, we can't appreciate them for their true worth.
                      __________________

                        #45    
                      Old August 13th, 2012 (9:50 AM).
                      Katie the Friendly Ghost's Avatar
                      Katie the Friendly Ghost Katie the Friendly Ghost is offline
                      I like rain.
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                        Location: Le détroit
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 241
                        I think a branch off of Shelgon should be added. It'd be cool for like a defensive dragon that actually looked like Shelgon haha.
                        __________________
                          #46    
                        Old August 18th, 2012 (9:46 AM). Edited August 18th, 2012 by Sector.
                        Sector Sector is offline
                        Banned
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2011
                          Location: Ohio
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 2,342
                          NEW TOPIC:

                          What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokemon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarp's)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

                          They should do away with SO FEW Magikarp's. In fact, they should only allow them with the Old Rod fishing, in my opinion. Being HeartGold/SoulSilver, they should had brought Bagon, Gible & Horseas into Dragon's Den. It would be an excellent Den to train in certainly.

                          I would like to battle the Dragon trainers a bunch of time to train my Pokemon, as tough as Dragon Pokemon is, it would be very entertaining to face Dragon Pokemon every so often rather than just a one time thing. The battle with Lance & Clair was amazingly fun. The rival is in Dragon's Den on a certain day, I figured why not have the Double Battle then for fun & as great training? Unfortunately they don't. ;;
                            #47    
                          Old August 22nd, 2012 (7:53 AM).
                          Mentalii's Avatar
                          Mentalii Mentalii is offline
                          Back
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2011
                            Location: France
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Female
                            Nature: Gentle
                            Posts: 653
                            What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokemon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarp's)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

                            The Dragon's Den's pretty bad tbh. I re started my Soul Silver game, and I was in the Dragon Den's part just this morning (when Clair wants you to go there to give you the badge). As I wasn't remembering it at all, I thought it was a good moment to train my Pokémon but... Only 3 trainers to battle? Ooook let's check the water then: Magikarp lv 9, Magikarp lv12, Magikarp lv 18, Magikarp lv 16... Is that all? D: What a pity... They also should have made of this place a more mythical place. It's the place of Dragons guys ! Why is there just a broken bridge, some water and a house in the middle?
                            __________________

                              #48    
                            Old August 22nd, 2012 (9:20 AM).
                            Sector Sector is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2011
                              Location: Ohio
                              Age: 26
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naughty
                              Posts: 2,342
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
                              What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokemon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarp's)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

                              The Dragon's Den's pretty bad tbh. I re started my Soul Silver game, and I was in the Dragon Den's part just this morning (when Clair wants you to go there to give you the badge). As I wasn't remembering it at all, I thought it was a good moment to train my Pokémon but... Only 3 trainers to battle? Ooook let's check the water then: Magikarp lv 9, Magikarp lv12, Magikarp lv 18, Magikarp lv 16... Is that all? D: What a pity... They also should have made of this place a more mythical place. It's the place of Dragons guys ! Why is there just a broken bridge, some water and a house in the middle?
                              EXACTLY! It's really not any difference than any of the caves you go to & fish/surf on. I'm quite disappointed myself. If I remember correctly, getting Gible in Sinnoh region was way more entertaining of a trip than in Dragon's Den. I'm not sure what B2/W2 has, but I hope in the future down the line, the creators can make an excellent cave/dungeon for Dragon types alone. We have enough to actually have a very fun cave to travel in now. I don't see why not!

                              I do understand why Dragon's Den is the way it is now. Generation 2 really only had Dratini's family & Horsea's family with actual "Dragon type" Pokemon back then. (HG/SS being remakes, I guess they didn't want to make a huge difference in them?). Hopefully we'll get a good one in the future down the road. x)
                                #49    
                              Old August 23rd, 2012 (12:05 AM).
                              Halcyon's Avatar
                              Halcyon Halcyon is offline
                              peace and serenity
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2007
                                Location: Rhythm Heaven
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Posts: 1,217
                                Name: Halcyon
                                Your Trainer Sprite: Drayden (I actually find him hot lol :D)
                                2 Partner Pokémon (First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Kingdra and Swablu
                                Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: To me Dragon is a really special type, like it's in a league of its own. Also, I find Dragon-typed Pokémon to be such mysterious creatures, and I would like to know more about them.

                                What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?
                                I'm kind of having mixed opinions about Dragon's Den. Pokémon-wise, I feel that with fewer Magikarps, the worth of getting a Dratini/Dragonair drops since it would be then easier to obtain. I mean I would feel proud and accomplished if I managed to finally fish a Dragonair after thousands of encounters with Magikarps. ^^ I agree though that they should import more wild Pokémon there, like Horsea, Seadra and Bagon.

                                In terms of the normal trainers there, I'm fine with them considering how rare and "hard-to-train" dragons are. However, the Lance and Clair tag battle should be made repeatable, because how often can you get a tag battle with two amazing Dragon Tamers? :DD
                                __________________
                                White 2 FC: 1206-7028-2268
                                Pokémon Diamond Team [2nd Run]


                                  #50    
                                Old August 23rd, 2012 (4:17 AM).
                                Sector Sector is offline
                                Banned
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                                  Location: Ohio
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Naughty
                                  Posts: 2,342
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
                                  Name: Halcyon
                                  Your Trainer Sprite: Drayden (I actually find him hot lol :D)
                                  2 Partner Pokémon (First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Kingdra and Swablu
                                  Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: To me Dragon is a really special type, like it's in a league of its own. Also, I find Dragon-typed Pokémon to be such mysterious creatures, and I would like to know more about them.

                                  What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?
                                  I'm kind of having mixed opinions about Dragon's Den. Pokémon-wise, I feel that with fewer Magikarps, the worth of getting a Dratini/Dragonair drops since it would be then easier to obtain. I mean I would feel proud and accomplished if I managed to finally fish a Dragonair after thousands of encounters with Magikarps. I agree though that they should import more wild Pokémon there, like Horsea, Seadra and Bagon.

                                  In terms of the normal trainers there, I'm fine with them considering how rare and "hard-to-train" dragons are. However, the Lance and Clair tag battle should be made repeatable, because how often can you get a tag battle with two amazing Dragon Tamers? :DD
                                  Welcome new Dragon member! You think Drayden is hot? :O

                                  Haha is that the only reason why you like Drayden? Well now all that's left is Drake, who is left to dust right now. Feel sorry for the guy.

                                  That's right, the rarity of getting a Dratini would lessen, but its not the only Dragon Pokemon ya know \m/ Walking around Dragon's Den, you don't have to worry about getting caught by wild Pokemon on foot. That's when Bagon or Trapinch or Gible should come into play..but they don't unfortunately.

                                  Let's make an interesting show-case here...

                                  Make yourself a mono-Dragon type party, how would you arrange their movepools & what items would you give them?

                                  Be sure to demonstrate their roles in your party, & YES, make sure you say which tier you'd be choosing for fun. (If you're using NU for baby Dragons & such, you have my respect for your choices!) Make it interesting folks, gogogo!

                                  P.S., Uhh I know I said mono-type but...you can use the Pokemon from the Dragon family also!

                                   

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:11 AM.