• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Behold!!!! Fossil Pokemon Club Resurrected(A Prehistoric Pokemon Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek_Kabu

Resident Fossil
Years
BEHOLD!!!
Tgkt9.png
THE FOSSIL Club Ressurected!

Welcome to the Fossilized Club!!! This club is for those who LOVE the ancient pokemon or for those who wish to learn more.

Rules (Example)
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Groups' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Everyone can choose one partner Pokemon from the list upon joining (includes the ones you add!) and a nickname it if you want.
5. Enjoy!

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic!

List Of Pokemon
If your club is based on a certain type of Pokemon then list them here!
138.png
139.png
140.png
141.png
142.png
345.png
346.png
347.png
348.png
564.png

565.png
566.png
567.png
408.png
409.png
410.png
411.png

LIVING FOSSILS

469.png
473.png
369.png
003.png

154.png
248.png
131.png

Members List
Every club needs a list of members!

- Kabutopsian
141.png

- Sector Revenge
142.png

- AlexOzzyCake
369.png

- Sukisu
142.png

- Snowdrop
154.png

- Avishka
142.png

- Iloveeevee
131.png

Topic of the Week
Which pokemon should be considered living fossils?

ETC

We also have an IRC chatroom just go to your IRC client or click this link >>>http://client02.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=#KabutopsianCove

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Username: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Aerodactyl!
Reason for joining: Fossil Pokemon are great! They are strong & come from another life time. How cool would that be!

369.png

I've always thought that fish/rock Pokemon had to be a fossil of some sort the way its designed.

Also what about Aron/Lairon/Aggron & Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior?

They are both designed as rocks yes, but they have some good traits to be created by fossils & whatnot.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: Archen! (Although I'd really like Relicanth if it gets added x])
Reason for joining: From memory I love fossil Pokémon and especially the 'living fossils', so I'd like to discuss them more n.n

I have to agree with Sector and say Relicanth :3 They are the definition of a living fossil in the Pokémon world haha. Other than that, how about Meganium? It seems pretty much like an ancient dinosaur to me, especially since 90% of the fanart shows the same pre-historic image of it o3o Also the kind of big colourful flower around its neck were much much much more common in the pre-historic world, especially in the jungles/forests where a Meganium would live, so I reckon it fits well as a living fossil :)

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
Username: Sukisu
Partner Pokemon: Terrordactyl (Aerodactyl)
Resaon for Joining: Well for me the older the pokemon the better and I find fossil pokemon as well as living fossil pokemon interesting.

Which pokemon should be considered living fossils? Hmm now that's an interesting question. For some reason I was thinking Charizard but not really sure. If not then I could see Marowak really as a living fossil pokemon to be honest.

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Username: Snowdrop, but you can call me Mer or Skitters.
Partner Pokemon: I would normally select Meganium, but I think I'll take... you know what, just give me a Meganium and name her Silene.
Reason for joining: Reptile Pokemon are cool, and so are prehistoric ones.
Living Fossils: Add Tropius because it's based off of a sauropod like Meganium. Also maybe Aggron and Tyranitar since they're both similar to dinosaurs.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Partner Pokemon: Aerodactyl
Reason for joining: Fossil Pokemon are great! They are strong & designs are unique
Answer the current topic!
i used to think heatran is a living fossil pokemon
Spoiler:

it looks like one imo

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Living Fossils: Add Tropius because it's based off of a sauropod like Meganium. Also maybe Aggron and Tyranitar since they're both similar to dinosaurs.

I totally agree! Tropius is definitely worthy of being a living fossil; it is a living dinosaur haha. Aggron and Tyranitar I'm not so certain about though... I mean, I know they're both big dinosaur-like things, but I think they're more like... I dunno, rhinos? That kinda thing haha. I just think they're big hulking steel/rock beasts rather than being based on anything in reality :3

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
^ True, I think Tyranitar is Godzilla? I mean he was made in Japan, it wouldn't surprise me. Not sure about Aggron though.

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
I can see Tyranitar as a living fossil........it resembles a T-Rex so why not. But Aggron is not really selling it to me. Ok now Tropius is really a good example of a living fossil. Mainly due to the resemblance to (I know I'm about to spell this wrong.) Brochosaurus but hopefully you get the idea.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hmm, I reckon we should probably make a decision about Tyranitar haha. I'll quote from bulba:

Physiology
Tyranitar is a large dinosaur-like Pokémon. The couple of fangs in the upper and lower jaws, and the fingers and toes culminating in claws, contribute to the menacing appearance of this Pokémon.
So 'dinosaur-like Pokémon' is a good start! Then the origin section states:

Origin
Tyranitar is based on a meat-eating therapod dinosaur, such as the Tyrannosaurus. Its penchant for shattering the countryside is similar to that of the Tarasque.
But of course this could just be someone's opinion, so maybe the name would be a bigger hint?

Name Origin
Tyranitar is derived from tyrannize (to violently antagonize), or Tyrannosaurus (derived from the same root).
Bangiras may be a combination of 野蛮 yaban (savage) or 蛮 ban (barbarian) and 嫌い kirai (hate). Giras may derive from Gojira, the Japanese name for the character Godzilla, or Angiras, the Japanese name for the character Anguirus. Both are dinosaur-like tokusatsu movie monsters that share some characteristics with Tyranitar.
This pretty conclusively suggests that Tyranitar is largely based on a T-Rex :D So despite my earlier claims about Tyranitar not being a living fossil, after looking at the evidence I'd say it certainly should be haha. As for Pupitar and Larvitar I don't actually know anything about them so I'll take a look a bit later, but I assume if they're in the same family then they should probably all be included. x]

Dalek_Kabu

Resident Fossil
Years
New Topic:
Which Fossil Pokemon in your opinion is the strongest?
The coolest?
The best designed?

Which Fossil Pokemon in your opinion is the strongest? In my opinion the Strongest Fossil pokemon is Carracosta
The coolest? Kabutops of course :D
The best designed? Again Kabutops he just looks bad arse and those sythes are wicked cool

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Which Fossil Pokemon in your opinion is the strongest? The coolest? The best designed?
Oo okay, lots to answer! For strongest, I'm gonna have to go with Armaldo. It's just a huge beast with immense Attack and incredibly strong moves, plus with two very good offensive typings and a wide move pool, I think it's an incredibly strong and underrated Pokémon when it comes to fossils. It's also very intimidating to look at so that helps too! As for the coolest, that's definitely Kabutops. It's scythes and speed are just awesome haha. And best designed? I don't actually know this one... I'm gonna go with a tie between Armaldo and Archeops (you have no idea how long it took me to spell that.). These are both incredibly vibrant and well-designed Pokémon, each very well representing what they are with true class. Armaldo shows huge power and formability in its design whereas Archeops shows a rare beauty hiding immense potential, so for these reasons I think they are two extremely well designed Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Username: Iloveeevee
Partner Pokemon: Lapras
Reason for joining: Living fossils have always fascinated me with how they can stay unchanged for thousands of years. Also dino mons are awesome. :D

Topic: Which Fossil Pokemon in your opinion is the strongest? The coolest? The best designed?

Tyranitar definitely. Just look at it's dex entry: "If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward." Now how cool is that? Tyranitar's design matches that description perfectly too. Ttar is huge and looks like it could take out a mountain or two.

Reactions: EB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back