• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fall TV 2012

Guy

just a guy
Years
It's that time of year again when summer is winding down, schools are opening back up, old routines are kicking back in and there's no light at the end of the tunnel to be seen. Well, except for that little glimmer of light that's telling us the new fall season of television has returned! Oh wait, no, that's just the constant promotional commercials from broadcast networks and cable telling us to watch their shows because they're the BEST!

So, here I ask you, are there any returning shows you're highly anticipating? Shows that you can't wait to see what's going to happen next after it left you hanging with a nail-biting cliffhanger at the end of the season? How about some of those new shows? Any in particular that you're excited to give a go with or has simply caught your attention just enough to give it a try?

The people want to know!

As for myself, much like last year, I've conjured up a schedule to help me keep in tact with the shows I plan on watching this season.

Sunday

• Once Upon A Time
  • Revenge
  • 666 PARK AVENUE
Monday

• Switched at Birth
  • REVOLUTION
  • The Inbetweeners (US version)
Tuesday

• BEN & KATE
  • New Girl
  • GO ON
  • The B in Apartment 23
  • THE MINDY PROJECT
  • THE NEW NORMAL
Wednesday

• ARROW
  • ANIMAL PRACTICE*
  • Modern Family
  • Suburgatory
  • NASHVILLE
  • American Horror Story
Thursday

• The Vampire Diaries
  • Person of Interest
  • BEAUTY AND THE BEAST*
Friday

• Last Man Standing
  • MALIBU COUNTRY
  • Grimm
  • Nikita
Key:

CAPITAL: New Series
Italics: Highly Anticipated
Asterisk (*): Will watch a few episodes to test the waters and determine whether to keep watching or drop if it isn't already cancelled. ]:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
So far the only shows that I plan on watching are...

Sunday
Once Upon a Time
Revenge
666 Park Avenue (+)

Monday
Switched at Birth
The InBetweeners dropped

Wednesday
American Horror Story

Thursday
The Vampire Diaries

Friday
Nikita

Last edited by a moderator:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Patchisou Yutohru said:
The InBetweeners

Wait, you guys have The Inbetweeners? As in, this one? My estimations of American TV have just shot way up, assuming it's as good over there as it is over here. Orrrrr it could just be another flop like Skins in the US was. Either way, it'll be interesting to see if it's the same thing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
It's waaaay inferior to the UK version (like, even more-so than Skins was a giant bag of fail), but it's still funny.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Oh! I forgot to mention The Inbetweeners (US) in my schedule. I've never seen the UK version, but the American one is pretty funny. IMO though, it doesn't come close to topping MTV's other golden comedy show, Awkward. - which only has two episodes left and is my last show of the summer. Booo!

So far the only shows that I plan on watching are...

Sunday
Once Upon a Time
Revenge

Monday
Switched at Birth
The InBetweeners

Wednesday
American Horror Story

Thursday
The Vampire Diaries

Friday
Nikita
You forgot New Girl.

You're Welcome.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
UM. I'm gonna watch Restaurant Impossible and Restaurant Stakeout on Food Network on Wednesday nights. :D I don't keep up with a lot of drama shows and such like that, haha. I love food shows, especially restaurant shows, because I work in a restaurant so it kinda helps me know what not to do. But I love food as well, so that's a part of it yeah. SORRY I am inferior to y'alls tv schedules. I just don't have the time to watch all that. Got band practice and such everyday of the week and tbh I should make a gaming schedule like this omg.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I think the only show I am anticipated to watch is Revolution. It's been FOREVER since I've seen a show like that (unless I missed some show in the past? It's been a while since I actually watched TV). It's got a crazy setting, and a crazy time period...and I love a crazy show.

I am really, really gonna give New Girl a try. I've been very tempted for a long time, and I think I can watch all the episodes until the new ones debut.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh! I forgot to mention The Inbetweeners (US) in my schedule. I've never seen the UK version, but the American one is pretty funny. IMO though, it doesn't come close to topping MTV's other golden comedy show, Awkward. - which only has two episodes left and is my last show of the summer. Booo!

You forgot New Girl.

You're Welcome.

No I didn't. But thanks for keeping your eyes peeled!! ;)

Though I did forget one show that's new. I forget what it was called. Its something you linked me a trailer of where I think electricity doesn't work or something and a girl and two guys go adventuring. I can't really remember.

Guy

just a guy
Years
No I didn't. But thanks for keeping your eyes peeled!! ;)

Though I did forget one show that's new. I forget what it was called. Its something you linked me a trailer of where I think electricity doesn't work or something and a girl and two guys go adventuring. I can't really remember.
Of course. Everyone needs someone like Jess in their lives.

Yes! That's Revolution. I'm excited for that one as well. The Pilot for it is actually available online right now on NBC's site and Hulu and it premieres on TV on the 17th of this month.

Years
Revolution looks like Lost 2.0 so I'm skipping that. (It'll probably end up being demon trees that caused the electricity to go out and one of the characters is the reincarnation of Thomas Edison. J.J. Abrams just can't not do crazy stuff like that.)

I'm definitely going to follow Once Upon A Time since I only just finished the first season a few weeks ago after marathoning it. Of course I'll also be watching Doctor Who.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My TV watching schedule is pathetic in comparison:

Wednesday: American Greed: The Fugitives (CNBC)

Friday: America's Most Wanted (Lifetime)

One's a spinoff series while the other has been in production since 1988 xD Yeah, real-life crime shows are really the only thing that appeal to me on American TV today.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Project Runway.

For sure.

That is my one and only back-to-school show.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The only 'new' show that I intend to watch from the get-go is Ben & Kate. It's the only comedy that everyone that I follow on Twitter seems to like, and none of the dramas' premises appeal to me at all. If any of them become good after six or so episodes, then I might check in with them, but this upcoming season is one of the 'weakest' that I've witnessed in quite some time. And I though last year was bad in that regard!

Back