• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is the most amount of money you'd paid for a toy

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Was surfing on Amazon looking up Toys for my daughter's christmas/B'day present and my word the toys were so expensive. Thought I'd do this thread.

So what is the most amount of money you would paid for a toy ?
Me it would be about 20 pounds/dollars for a toy.

Years
Assuming that "toy" can include things like games (not necessarily video games) and other fun stuff you play with... hmm, probably at least $100 if it's something that's gonna get a lot of use and I know that I or whoever I'm buying it for is gonna like it.

But for something that I don't have any idea if it'll get used, or if it's a cheap toy, or anything not what I mentioned about then probably $10.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Depends on who its for. If it's for a friend, around $25 or $30. I'd spend more for family, assuming I have the money.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I really try not to go over $20 for soft toys or figures, although $20 is kinda pushing it too.. Depends on the size and what it is, really. The most I've spent on a soft toy so far is $45 x_x I try to stay around $10 if I can.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I haven't ever bought a toy. Ever.

Most money I spent in one go, though, was about $500.00 on either clothes or my phone + security deposit.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't go over $50 for a toy, because that would just be OUTRAGEOUS. Most I've spent is $90 but that was a Christmas gift for my niece.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
At least $125 cause anything higher is ridiculously expensive for a toy. But I may paid more than that for a close friend or family.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think around $100 for a Power Rangers Zord when I was a kid. I had to save up my pocket money for like 8 months or something stupid and in the end I needed my birthday money to get me there still :P

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It really depends on the toy... If it's something kind of "basic" I guess, like an action figure, no more than $10-15.

If it's something that will get used for a long time, then easily $100-200.

I still play my GameBoy Color for crying out loud, and I've had it 13 years.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
About $80 if handheld video game systems count (DS Lite). If not, a few years back I paid about $55 (including shipping) for an anime character figurine. If that doesn't count either, then I'd really have to go back in time xD

Let's see... as a kid I really don't think I spent any more than $25 or $30 for a toy. I wasn't made of money back then (not that I am now lol).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm not going to include video games or consoles so... the most I've ever paid for a toy was $80, I believe. It's a huuuuuge Gizamimi Pichu (it's like 2 feet tall) and a lot of that was shipping from Japan, iirc. But what I consider my priciest buy was a 5" Cherrim plushie for $60 (far right in image). <_< It's super rare and I'd never even SEEN one for sale before so I ran up an auction to get it.

I collect Pokemon merchandise (though not that much anymore) so I never minded paying kind of ridiculous prices for things. Plushies are also pretty expensive even without import fees and shipping so I don't really bat an eyelash at that.

Back