• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Approved: Song Parody Contest ./'

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
So let's plan this maybe....

With your hosts: Toujours, Para-Dox, and gunnerpow7!!!!

So guys, checklist time!

• Make Planning Thread : Check
  • Plan Time of Event : Check
  • Think up of the rules: Check
  • Make the criteria: Check
  • Think up of a witty yet good title: Near Completion
  • Create the thread design: Check
  • Make the official thread: Check
  • Make emblems: NC

Now guys, let's get this planning started....

First off, what time will the event happen? I was thinking of Maybe Friday to Sunday since I'm free there. Opinions?​

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Yeah, Friday through Sunday will do fine for me, as I will be available all day on Saturday and Sunday, and available for half of Friday due to school.

Also, more people are on-line at the weekends as well, so that would mean more entries.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Keep in mind that we're going to be the judges as well as the hosts, so being around during the time the entries are being sent in isn't as important as being available after they're all in to judge them. We might be better off allowing people to enter up until the end of Friday and then using Saturday/Sunday to judge.

Or giving them the entire time and then judging in an after-event thing, that's what I did last GT and it worked fine.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Keep in mind that we're going to be the judges as well as the hosts, so being around during the time the entries are being sent in isn't as important as being available after they're all in to judge them. We might be better off allowing people to enter up until the end of Friday and then using Saturday/Sunday to judge.

Or giving them the entire time and then judging in an after-event thing, that's what I did last GT and it worked fine.

Good idea! More time for entries means more entries /obvious.

I'd go with judging them after the events so we get more time to judge them as well as more time for submissions.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Hmm... So If we start the contest on let's say Monday and end in Friday, then we can judge on Saturday and Sunday.... That's not pretty much a bad idea.... That could work....

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Hmm... So If we start the contest on let's say Monday and end in Friday, then we can judge on Saturday and Sunday.... That's not pretty much a bad idea.... That could work....

I'd prefer it if we judged after the events and have entries open until Sunday, as there are lots of people usually available at weekends.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
We usually have like a week or so after events to judge and release the results, idk if you two know about that.

And it's...a contest, not something like iSketch. We don't need times other than "the start of the GT" and "the end of the GT", haha. Unless we do it with Sunday being judging in that case it would have to end sometime around midnight on Saturday, either Eastern because it's more common on PC or Pacific because that's where PC is set.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
We usually have like a week or so after events to judge and release the results, idk if you two know about that.

I thought we would only have a couple days after the GT, so I will go with Toujours on this one.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
So it is decided. The contest will be held on Monday till Sunday and release the results sometime the week after that. Does everyone agree?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
So it is decided. The contest will be held on Monday till Sunday and release the results sometime the week after that. Does everyone agree?

Yes.

Next we should be thinking about making the official thread.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Make Planning Thread : Check
Plan Time of Event : Check
Think up of the rules: NC
Make the criteria: NC
Think up of a witty yet good title: NC
Create the thread design: NC
Make the official thread: NC
Make emblems: NC

Just keeping this list up to date and a tad more in order of how things should be done to make sure we have all the stuff we need when it comes to the next step. :3 Stuck emblems at the end but they can really be done any time, they don't necessarily need to go up when the thread does as long as we get them done before PCX is over.

As far as rules, this is what I had last time:

1. All PokéCommunity rules apply to this competition.
2. The work submitted must be your original work. Just because you plan to enter the Musical Portion doesn't mean that you can copy a parody off of the internet and just sing it.
3. However, you're not required to play the background music for the Musical Portion - it's perfectly fine to find a karaoke version of your song online and sing along with it or even sing with no background music at all.
4. Multiple submissions are permitted.
5. Submit your entries on this thread, using the submission format outlined at the end of this post.

I don't really think we should have a musical portion like I did last GT because it failed miserably and like no one entered so I doubt anyone will this year as well. In addition, I wasn't a big fan of the multiple submissions thing in general (bobandbill won 3 awards in the top 3, tying with himself for third AND getting first) so I thought it would be better to cut that out and allow for one entry only.

These are just my thoughts on the rules though, what do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
As far as rules, this is what I had last time:

1. All PokéCommunity rules apply to this competition.
2. The work submitted must be your original work. Just because you plan to enter the Musical Portion doesn't mean that you can copy a parody off of the internet and just sing it.
3. However, you're not required to play the background music for the Musical Portion - it's perfectly fine to find a karaoke version of your song online and sing along with it or even sing with no background music at all.
4. Multiple submissions are permitted.
5. Submit your entries on this thread, using the submission format outlined at the end of this post.

I don't really think we should have a musical portion like I did last GT because it failed miserably and like no one entered so I doubt anyone will this year as well. In addition, I wasn't a big fan of the multiple submissions thing in general (bobandbill won 3 awards in the top 3, tying with himself for third AND getting first) so I thought it would be better to cut that out and allow for one entry only.

These are just my thoughts on the rules though, what do you guys think?

I completely agree with your thoughts. Allowing for multiple entries is really bad and makes potential participants intimidated.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Hmm... We should have two categories.... One for writing your own parody and two for singing your own parody... It may be twice the work but it could attract contestants... About the rules, it's lacking something... idk what....

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The "Musical Portion" was for singing your own parody. It got a total of one entry last time, lol. :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I think we should have only the writing portion this year as only 1 person actually did the singing contest. Instead, we should have it as a optional choice.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Would the optional choice add points onto your final score? I'm comfortable with that compromise, it would encourage people to sing instead of just entering writing haha.

Back