The PokéCommunity Forums

Off-Topic General chat topics ranging from anime and video games to serious debates and pop culture.

Old September 4th, 2012 (9:46 PM).
weeb

Nature: Impish
Do you create on a schedule or do you just go with the flow?

I find that I tend to create something quicker when I want to, not when I'm prompted to. For example, I was prompted to write an essay on this past Friday, and nothing came out for the whole 45 minutes I was supposed to sit there. But then I just started writing today because I came in passionate about the topic (somehow :P), and I finished in about 15 minutes. I work best when I'm very passionate about something.

So what about youuuuu????

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 4th, 2012 (10:43 PM).

Nature: Brave
Something like that just happened to me today while I was on my break between classes. I was yet to finish my History paper, and I had about 30 min left. I was able to finish it a lot quicker at school because I did the paper in a quieter area (aka teh librarie). I couldn't finish it at home because I was primarily distracted. It actually depends on the environment you're in. I just go with the flow myself, but I'd rather be in a comfortable environment in order to get my things done.
Old September 5th, 2012 (12:41 AM).
can I have Pokepuff? I'll be nice!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Firox
Normally, I just go with the flow of the day, I don't like making schedules, especially when I can't stick to them.

..... my only exception, on my cell phone I have to add reminders with ringtones when ever I have doctor appointments or other important stuff I can't miss. I set up them up to remind me one day before.
Old September 5th, 2012 (12:48 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
I don't have a schedule as somehow it would it messed up by someone. So it is easier not to have one.
Old September 5th, 2012 (3:54 AM).

Nature: Adamant
When I'm inder pressure, I don't think I work as well as I'd normally would if I were in a relaxed environment. Which is probably natural and how most people would work I suppose. In exams, I'd work well, but in a classroom assessment, I'd work better. I think for me, it's mostly about the environment - as Megan mentioned. Althought, I can't work in a high tension, silent environment, which in the long run won't come in my favour since I've still got a heck of a lot of exams to complete to get where I want to be in life. u.u But I think over time I'll adapt!
Old September 5th, 2012 (11:52 AM).

I'm actually better under pressure when I have a schedule, but I just can't seem to get myself to stick to schedules on my own unless someone or something else forces me to (like school, work, etc.). Well, I say better, but it's not always as pleasant as going with the flow. I do get more done though, and for me that's the kind of result I want.

I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee
Old September 5th, 2012 (8:11 PM).
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
For the most part, I stick to a schedule, but I make changes to it/go with the flow if I have to.

Old September 5th, 2012 (8:23 PM).
Soul

Nature: Calm
Tbh,i don't like planning..it makes me uncomfortable so i leave things happen as it rains...i do plan sometimes,yeah,but just for important things that needs a plan..other than that i love surprises
Old September 6th, 2012 (10:58 AM).
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I've never been creative on demand, it's just never been something I've been able to do. I've been able to come up with a few ideas but they've never been good and I've always wished I'd thought of something better afterwards. I usually combat it by having one creative period and then stretching that as far as I can.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old September 6th, 2012 (1:43 PM).
شكرا

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
I try. I try so hard. But procrastination is a part of my existence, and without it, I cease to exist.

When I was younger, I used to make schedules. Actual schedules. There would be a game time, a study time, a tv time. Then, about 5 minutes after I made it, I realized that today (back then) wasn't game day. So I changed things around, and it collapsed from there. =P
Old September 6th, 2012 (2:54 PM).
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed
As far as creative stuff, no, it's pretty tough to work if I HAVE to do it. My best ideas just come and go randomly, so if I get an idea for a story or a picture, I have to do it right away or else the inspiration will be gone, and thinking too hard doesn't really result in quality stuff. If someone tells me to write something it just gets harder, but it also depends on the subject I'm being asked to write about.

I don't make my own schedules, for creating or otherwise. I leave that to my mom :P
Old September 6th, 2012 (5:48 PM).

Nature: Lax
I can sometimes. NaNoWriMo, for instance. There I get a shiny update bar, so there's incentive to create on demand.

Otherwise I prefer taking my time. I hate being rushed if there's no reward for me.

As for school, I did stuff right before it was due. :p
Old September 7th, 2012 (4:05 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?

Nature: Adamant
I try to create on a schedule, oh how I try. Just recently I've been working on something (which killed my PC activity haha) that I put three days aside for. I had a whole heap of ideas and got really excited about it but the pressure I put on it just made me shut down and nearly three weeks later I've only just now finally finished it lol. Oh dear.

I spent most of those weeks playing New Super Mario Bros 2 on my 3DS instead lmao.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 7th, 2012 (12:35 PM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
For me, I have to like something or have a vague interest to do it. Otherwise it either doesn't get done, or I trudge through it, hating every moment.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 7th, 2012 (12:52 PM).

Always go with the flow. You can't force creativity >:C
Old September 10th, 2012 (2:44 AM).
On that 'Non stop road'

Nature: Quirky
I can't force myself to be creative. If I'm say, writing something or coming up with an idea for a signature, I have to work on it when ideas come to me. If I try tosit down at a set time to come up with something, it may come, but more often than not I'm just sitting there wracking my brain. But oddly enough most of my inspiration comes at night, so I can somewhat count on my creative juices flowing after dark, if they do at all.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old September 10th, 2012 (7:30 AM).
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I work a lot better when I'm on a schedule but... only sometimes? Like, I don't consider anything I do for school to be overly creative because I'm usually working under strict guidelines. I'll do essays or (previously) artwork to a specification no problem--and I'll get it done on time too--but when it comes to my own stuff where I have true freedom, I'll usually get started on something and never finish because there's no impending doom as incentive.

So I can really only complete things if I have a grade or money on the line or something, but I don't consider those things as creative as other projects (which I simply don't finish), if that makes sense.
Old September 10th, 2012 (8:22 AM).

Im not that creative a person, but I go with it when I get inspiration, which rarely happens so when I get inspiration, I feel I have to take advantage and make something good, what ever it may be.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links